• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:03
CEST 12:03
KST 19:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ASL22 General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6782 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 35

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 196 Next
Andrew2658
Profile Joined June 2011
United States356 Posts
December 05 2011 00:47 GMT
#681
On December 05 2011 09:30 Bloodash wrote:
VP830-36069-7C284-D82A4-B1E10
VPF94-1BAC6-736E4-762B9-F4DED

be fast!

Both used Thanks though.
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
December 05 2011 01:59 GMT
#682
On December 04 2011 16:37 Ahnaris wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2011 15:54 sob3k wrote:


Another idea would be to change the base defense cannon, right now they are totally the opposite of what you need. They predict trajectories perfectly, so they are far stronger vs a player moving at high speed who cant change their direction easily, while being almost completely worthless vs players just dicking around at the point. If they were more like the light turrets it would help clear out all these campers while simultaneously increasing generator value.


I've found they're pretty easy to fool. The key is..

Turn your music off. You can hear a sequence of beeps that indicates A: it's locking on, and B: when it's locked and firing. Once you hear the sequence finish, do one of the following:

If jetpacking in the air, let off the jet, then hold A or D+jet for about 1/4 a second (this propels you slightly left or right), then depress A/D and continue jetting forward.

If skiing, continue skiing forward and repeat the step above - strafe left or right with 1/4 second jet burst.

It takes a bit to "feel" it, but once you do, they're pretty easy to avoid. I'd suggest dry flag runs until you're confident in your ability to know the target stages by ear.

Note: I play pathfinder, and this works for me @ high speeds.


No, I realize they are really easy to avoid for pretty much everyone, I just think they fail even harder at hitting people camping in the base.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Snorkle
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1648 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-05 02:34:37
December 05 2011 02:33 GMT
#683
Is there a list of console commands anywhere? I have looked for them without success.

Also, feel free to add me, SnorklePC and drop me a message so I can add you back etc.


edit: the only reason llama grabs are successful right now is because people are too stupid to play defense, I have top fraged quite a few games (and i haven't played many yet) by just playing a heavy class and clowning on flag campers.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
December 05 2011 02:47 GMT
#684
Considering dropping the cash for this game...what do I get if I purchase it, and how much does it cost, or would I be better off purchasing coins, or what? And will it carry over after beta?
Snorkle
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1648 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-05 02:50:46
December 05 2011 02:48 GMT
#685
On December 05 2011 11:47 Fruscainte wrote:
Considering dropping the cash for this game...what do I get if I purchase it, and how much does it cost, or would I be better off purchasing coins, or what? And will it carry over after beta?

according to the site everything carries over. Paying gets you $30 worth of gold coins that allow you to purchase in game loadouts instead of waiting to aquire it through playing. You also get lifetime vip status and finally you get a certain amount double exp... I think its a week? I think its a $10 dollar value. supposedly you are getting $40 dollars worth of stuff for $30 dollars.

edit: just kidding its 30 days of double exp valued at $15 dollars.
Also, I have no idea what vip status means.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
December 05 2011 02:51 GMT
#686
On December 05 2011 11:48 Snorkle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 11:47 Fruscainte wrote:
Considering dropping the cash for this game...what do I get if I purchase it, and how much does it cost, or would I be better off purchasing coins, or what? And will it carry over after beta?

according to the site everything carries over. Paying gets you $30 worth of gold coins that allow you to purchase in game loadouts instead of waiting to aquire it through playing. You also get lifetime vip status and finally you get a certain amount double exp... I think its a week? I think its a $10 dollar value. supposedly you are getting $40 dollars worth of stuff for $30 dollars.

edit: just kidding its 30 days of double exp valued at $15 dollars.
Also, I have no idea what vip status means.


The main thing I'm wondering about his classes -- what do you mean I can purchase in game loadouts instead of waiting to acquire through playing. Do I only get ONE new class, or do I get multiple ones, or what?
Snorkle
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1648 Posts
December 05 2011 02:53 GMT
#687
you get 3,000 coins worth of classes, which will carry over into release. The classes are priced at about ~520 (can't think of it off the top of my head and too lazy to sign on while NASL is on) A few are on special for less. So you get a significant number of classes. The exp boost will help you unlock more classes more quickly as well.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
December 05 2011 03:12 GMT
#688
Hm, that's rather enticing, I must admit.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
December 05 2011 03:22 GMT
#689
My impression is the $30 pack isn't worth it. For $8, you get permanent VIP status (extra 50% boosts forever) and 10 days of 100% boost. If you play at that rate, it'll only take you like 30 hours to unlock all of the classes through gameplay. 3000 gold is way more than anyone needs.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
December 05 2011 03:32 GMT
#690
On December 05 2011 12:22 Cel.erity wrote:
My impression is the $30 pack isn't worth it. For $8, you get permanent VIP status (extra 50% boosts forever) and 10 days of 100% boost. If you play at that rate, it'll only take you like 30 hours to unlock all of the classes through gameplay. 3000 gold is way more than anyone needs.


30 hours to unlock all the classes with a 100% boost? I think your math is off by a bit...
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
December 05 2011 03:47 GMT
#691
On December 05 2011 11:33 Snorkle wrote:
Is there a list of console commands anywhere? I have looked for them without success.

Also, feel free to add me, SnorklePC and drop me a message so I can add you back etc.


edit: the only reason llama grabs are successful right now is because people are too stupid to play defense, I have top fraged quite a few games (and i haven't played many yet) by just playing a heavy class and clowning on flag campers.


Llama grabs are driving me insane. I'll be like 1/2 second away from the flag at 150-200 km/h and some newb grabs it with 50% health and 0 speed and dies 2 seconds later. I end up spending so much wasted time as a Pathfinder because the enemy flag is never at the base to grab it. So instead I'm stuck running intercepts.
Logo
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-05 04:03:47
December 05 2011 04:00 GMT
#692
it'll probably take 15-20 hours of play to unlock a single class with the boost. remember the boost actually gives you triple XP and token gain for the duration- 100% base, 100% from VIP, 100% from boost. It's certainly worth buying if you want to play more than soldier/ranger/pathfinder/juggernaut in the immediate future

(this is from having unlocked all but one class so far, 5 with the starter pack, 4 from token unlocks during a 30 day boost, back when they were 15000 a pop)
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
December 05 2011 04:02 GMT
#693
Is there a max speed in this game? On most routes anything over 220ish isn't really practical as you can't control your direction enough in my experience. I can hit 300, has anyone gotten to 350 or 400?
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-05 04:03:50
December 05 2011 04:03 GMT
#694
Also, what's with the hit detection on this man. I'm knifing when people are ~50 feet away, and when the animation ends, they fly by me, and I get the kill. Same kind of wacky shit going on with projectile weapons and all that. I'd shoot, and it would explode ~2 meters under them, but it would act like it was a direct impact.
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
December 05 2011 04:07 GMT
#695
On December 05 2011 13:03 Fruscainte wrote:
Also, what's with the hit detection on this man. I'm knifing when people are ~50 feet away, and when the animation ends, they fly by me, and I get the kill. Same kind of wacky shit going on with projectile weapons and all that. I'd shoot, and it would explode ~2 meters under them, but it would act like it was a direct impact.


Its just wonky netcode/lag, hopefully it will get a bit better near release. The worst is when you lead a fusor shot perfectly and it hits right next to someone but does no damage because thats not where they really are apparently.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
Percutio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1672 Posts
December 05 2011 04:09 GMT
#696
Yeah check your ping on connection, if it is really high join another server or just flag run only, because high ping and bad detection is too frustrating otherwise.
What does it matter how I loose it?
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
December 05 2011 04:12 GMT
#697
On December 05 2011 13:09 Percutio wrote:
Yeah check your ping on connection, if it is really high join another server or just flag run only, because high ping and bad detection is too frustrating otherwise.


Man, I get really good pings, so it's not that =/
Percutio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1672 Posts
December 05 2011 04:17 GMT
#698
Oh that sucks, if I have a good ping I don't get those problems. Melee on 120+ ping is annoying though...

It definitely can be bugs, I've run into some terrible ones especially with vehicles. Falling through the map sucks.
What does it matter how I loose it?
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
December 05 2011 04:31 GMT
#699
Honestly, my ping is just something else. In really massive games, I'll get >60. In small games and shit, I'll get <120. I really don't understand anything anymore.
TheAngelofDeath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2033 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-05 05:44:39
December 05 2011 05:38 GMT
#700
This game is amazing. I really hope it grows. I'm addicted to it right now, I just can't stop playing it. Amazing.


On December 04 2011 13:46 Thereisnosaurus wrote:
some new stuff:

a long frag highlights video of T2, some amazing stuff. Particularly right at the end, total spectator bliss (minute 29 on)



A community podcast has been established here

http://shazpod.podbean.com/

The esports rep from hi-rez was on the first one, and I came on the second to discuss the finer elements of designing a title for esports. if you have any questions you'd like brought up or looked at by the casters or asked to HRez, feel free to post them here and I'll try and ask them when I'm next on the cast.



That's really cool man. Thank you
"Infestors are the suck" - LzGamer
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko58
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3704
Calm 1770
Hyuk 1204
Bisu 842
Soma 344
Rush 288
BeSt 219
Horang2 204
Stork 150
Mong 135
[ Show more ]
Sexy 135
Britney 114
Jaedong 101
ToSsGirL 82
Mind 64
ZerO 50
Killer 45
Shinee 29
Pusan 26
Barracks 24
Yoon 24
Hm[arnc] 18
NaDa 17
sorry 15
Noble 12
yabsab 11
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4630
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1017
shoxiejesuss878
byalli699
edward34
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Other Games
gofns35545
singsing1183
ceh9694
dupreeh278
crisheroes245
ZerO(Twitch)2
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1723
• Stunt397
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 58m
Big Brain Bouts
23h 58m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.