• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:56
CEST 15:56
KST 22:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8861 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 18

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 196 Next
gunman103
Profile Joined February 2011
United States84 Posts
November 15 2011 04:34 GMT
#341
Is almost eveyone accepted into the beta or just a few?
Binky1842
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States2599 Posts
November 15 2011 05:00 GMT
#342
if you "pre-order" you get access.
the game is going to be free. you're just paying for a starter package

otherwise you got to wait to get a random invite (from devs or a friend who pre-ordered), or wait for the release
"The zoo could not confirm that Binky was the attacker, but only Binky had blood on his face following the incident"
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
November 15 2011 06:21 GMT
#343
Or you could beg certain people for a key, just saying.

I'm saving them for friends, but if someone really wants in and can convince me, I'm open to throwing one or two out there. Aussies pref, but anyone with good enough cause.
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
November 16 2011 00:12 GMT
#344
Does anybody else get dropped from games sometimes? It happens to me quite regularly. I am quite sure it's my own internet connection because when I play Starcraft I get the 'Waiting for server' message fairly often but it's usually a second or two before it picks back up. Well with TA that 1 second kicks me out immediately. As you can imagine this is quite frustrating, I REALLY hope they add in some sort of 'waiting' period or something like most games have, otherwise I won't be able to play.

I sent in a feedback email so I'll wait to see what they say, I'll update when I hear back.
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
Rotodyne
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2263 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-16 02:12:32
November 16 2011 02:08 GMT
#345
On November 16 2011 09:12 Charger wrote:
Does anybody else get dropped from games sometimes? It happens to me quite regularly. I am quite sure it's my own internet connection because when I play Starcraft I get the 'Waiting for server' message fairly often but it's usually a second or two before it picks back up. Well with TA that 1 second kicks me out immediately. As you can imagine this is quite frustrating, I REALLY hope they add in some sort of 'waiting' period or something like most games have, otherwise I won't be able to play.

I sent in a feedback email so I'll wait to see what they say, I'll update when I hear back.


Yea I have been kicked fairly frequently as well. My internet may have the same problem

This is in the patch notes for later this week:

"Several optimizations and fixes meant to help reduce system crashes, minimize “disconnects”, and improve overall performance. Further optimization is planned for future patches. "
I can only play starcraft when I am shit canned. IPXZERG is a god.
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-16 03:42:12
November 16 2011 03:09 GMT
#346
On November 16 2011 11:08 Rotodyne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2011 09:12 Charger wrote:
Does anybody else get dropped from games sometimes? It happens to me quite regularly. I am quite sure it's my own internet connection because when I play Starcraft I get the 'Waiting for server' message fairly often but it's usually a second or two before it picks back up. Well with TA that 1 second kicks me out immediately. As you can imagine this is quite frustrating, I REALLY hope they add in some sort of 'waiting' period or something like most games have, otherwise I won't be able to play.

I sent in a feedback email so I'll wait to see what they say, I'll update when I hear back.


Yea I have been kicked fairly frequently as well. My internet may have the same problem

This is in the patch notes for later this week:

"Several optimizations and fixes meant to help reduce system crashes, minimize “disconnects”, and improve overall performance. Further optimization is planned for future patches. "


Oh sweet, thanks for pointing that out!

In other news, I'm gonna give away one of my beta keys to whoever PMs me first. - CLAIMED
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
sleeepy
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada777 Posts
November 16 2011 06:48 GMT
#347
My first thoughts after playing for 3 days and never playing Tribes before:

Game is fun as hell overall. Best FPS I've played since TF2. I played TFC for a while and I love speed and movement in games, so T:A's skiing really appeals to me. I haven't figured out how to to "rocket" jump with the spinfusor though. I see people llama grab but jump with their fusor and get a ton of speed but every time I do it I just take damage and get minimal speed. Can someone explain if it works different than rocket jumping in TF2?

The weapons all feel distinct and for the most part take a lot of skill to use. There are tons of airshot opportunities and I've already scored a bunch of good ones, including a double on a heavy armor. I wish there was some way to record matches or a replay feature because I would have liked to watch or maybe upload some of my shots but now they're gone forever .

Despite hearing a lot of flak about the loadout system I don't mind it. I'm not a Tribes vet so I can't compare it to how it used to be, but as a newcomer who has played a ton of competitive FPS I think it's ok. One major dislike is how many tokens it takes to unlock a class and how poor the 2 default classes are in terms of diversity. They're way too similar so it's like you only get 1 class instead of 2. If they have to keep the same system I'd rather you get a choice of either Soldier or Ranger and 1 additional class of your choice.

Speaking of classes, Ranger and Sentinel should be removed. Assault rifles are for modern warfare, not Tribes. Same thing with fucking snipers who just stand in some corner of the map and shoot people that can't even see them. I understand that caps not frags win games but it's annoying to be moving about the map and taking random shots that you can't do anything about.

Overall I'm having a lot of fun playing, I just fear that these microtransaction and character leveling gimmicks are going to deny any chance of a competitive scene forming.
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
November 16 2011 11:17 GMT
#348
I caved and paid for the game and got beta acces, I'm just wondering if I can now use the gold I got with the game to buy classes, or should I save it for when the game releases? I'm not sure if things get wiped after beta releases and have to start over?

Having fun, tough only 2 maps is kinda meager, hope they release more soon!
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
November 16 2011 11:35 GMT
#349
http://forum.hirezstudios.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=234&t=43116

according to a hirez guy, you keep your stuff when it goes live.

I have three maps too play on, the latest patch added the third one, is it cause your on a different server?
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
November 16 2011 12:03 GMT
#350
great news, thanks!

about the 3rd map, not sure, I'll look into it tonight
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Cuddle
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1345 Posts
November 16 2011 12:11 GMT
#351
TotalBiscuit's first impression:

eRoN_
Profile Joined May 2010
91 Posts
November 16 2011 13:44 GMT
#352
On November 16 2011 15:48 sleeepy wrote:
Game is fun as hell overall. Best FPS I've played since TF2. I played TFC for a while and I love speed and movement in games, so T:A's skiing really appeals to me. I haven't figured out how to to "rocket" jump with the spinfusor though. I see people llama grab but jump with their fusor and get a ton of speed but every time I do it I just take damage and get minimal speed. Can someone explain if it works different than rocket jumping in TF2?


Disc jumping atm is broken and needs to be tripled in its power from standstill (for lights at least). Also it gives you vertical momentum but not really horizontal which doesn't help when your from standstill either. So i find if you want speed you need to shoot behind you but the angle is a bit important because sometimes it can jsut bug and you can end up losing speed. The most consistent way of doing it though is when your already going down a slope and seems to work most of the time, especially at the very bottom of it.

The physics in the game still needs tweaking a shit ton though, acceleration is terrible and jetting etc. so it should get better.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
November 16 2011 13:50 GMT
#353
Yeah disc jumping is pretty worthless in TA. Its nice at the very beginning of the route because of hp regen, but outside that its pretty useless. Grenade jumping is a lot better.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Cirrus
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United Kingdom134 Posts
November 16 2011 19:01 GMT
#354
Just a heads up for anyone who wants a key, It seems that Curse are giving out Keys to people in the US at www.curse.com/betas/tribes
:)
Binky1842
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States2599 Posts
November 17 2011 01:44 GMT
#355
On November 17 2011 04:01 Cirrus wrote:
Just a heads up for anyone who wants a key, It seems that Curse are giving out Keys to people in the US at www.curse.com/betas/tribes

oh, fun, that worked
thank you for the heads up!
"The zoo could not confirm that Binky was the attacker, but only Binky had blood on his face following the incident"
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
November 17 2011 04:45 GMT
#356
Thanks I was able to grab a key for my friend :D.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Retsukage
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1002 Posts
November 17 2011 06:24 GMT
#357
this game is really fun, I can't wait to try out pathfinder when I unlock it
To change is to improve, to change often is to be perfect - Winston Chruchill
holdthephone
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States523 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-17 06:39:25
November 17 2011 06:39 GMT
#358
This game seems like a compromise between the demands of modern trends, and a focus on what makes PC shooters intense. I hope it succeeds, I'll be trying the beta for the first time after finals.
SpurvL
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden345 Posts
November 17 2011 11:57 GMT
#359
New map incoming gonna be awesome
Naniwa, ThorZaiN, SaSe, DeMusliM, White-RA... Where are my Zerg heroes?.. Stephano <3
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
November 17 2011 14:12 GMT
#360
not entirely new, it was playable in some of the pre-beta tests. It's a pretty cool map, kind of halfway between crossfire and katabatic. Flag stand is pretty hard to get to without a really fast launch and the bases are pretty defensible. Should see a lot of intense midfield games I think.
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1441
WardiTV804
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5987
Bisu 2843
Jaedong 1158
EffOrt 498
Horang2 478
Mini 450
actioN 273
Larva 250
ZerO 224
ggaemo 215
[ Show more ]
Mind 101
Yoon 87
Pusan 82
Sharp 66
Snow 66
hero 65
Shinee 64
Bale 52
Hyun 52
Barracks 50
Dewaltoss 46
ToSsGirL 37
sorry 29
Sacsri 18
scan(afreeca) 18
Trap 15
NaDa 14
Rock 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
zelot 8
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4497
qojqva2213
Dendi1112
Counter-Strike
markeloff171
Other Games
olofmeister1002
hiko893
B2W.Neo667
Lowko327
crisheroes287
DeMusliM243
Pyrionflax203
XBOCT197
Livibee163
Hui .161
Liquid`VortiX149
QueenE87
Mew2King50
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV730
League of Legends
• Nemesis2306
• Jankos2018
• TFBlade579
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 5m
Patches Events
1d 2h
The PondCast
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.