• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:04
CEST 20:04
KST 03:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10387 users

[RPG] Dragon Age 2 - Page 4

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
GiYoM
Profile Joined May 2006
Korea (South)94 Posts
March 15 2011 09:31 GMT
#61
i just beat the game on hard (xcept for the high dragon and that crazy rock you only have to fight if u choose to but gives 12000 xp fairly early in the game) and I never met isabella.

i feel like playing again just so i can play with her. Ive been rushing thru the game. at some point i found a 110 gold staff for my main mage but i was short on cash to buy it and it wasnt there for me to buy once i got enough money. I also never created a rune with my high dragon loot.
Nazarid
Profile Joined February 2010
United States445 Posts
March 15 2011 10:35 GMT
#62
i liked the game was fun, but the fact they want you to "buy" quests in the game that was just released upset me. also they still made it very hard to control a melee character effectively, although 5x better than Dragon Age 1 it is still sluggish and the AI is stupid as all get out. i think "Never Winter Nights"a game that's much older had way way better AI than this game something game designers should think about when creating a game... do not go backwards in time...

The only saving factor for a melee character is the 2 handed warrior which does great damage and with a healer behind him nigh unstoppable in this game. but again even the 2 handed warrior is trumped by the mage class =(.

All in all i was very disappointed in this game, i would recommend this as a rental and not a buyer there is no re-playability to this game aside from Alignment.. the story doesn't really change to much no matter what alignment you end up becoming(not saying it doesnt...) just not a lot.
Randomize the world, and Life shall be given.
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
March 15 2011 10:58 GMT
#63
On March 15 2011 17:58 Synk wrote:
Your initial poll is pretty bias. Can we please have a choice that isn't " good but disappointing " or " best game ever " ? I mean, I thought it was just a solid game but I have no option and I'm sure most people with a similar opinion are just compromising and using "good but disappointing" which is making your poll pretty bias. Calling any game " the best game ever " is going really far in this day an age.

one of the best =/= the best game ever
If you really liked the game vote that, i voted that myself, even though i enumarated many flaws, but so far i havent played a game that did not have flaws. BTW i cant edit the poll.
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
preacha
Profile Joined January 2010
Norway210 Posts
March 15 2011 11:22 GMT
#64
yeah, i hate that you need an insane amount of cunning to open up chests - frikin annoying!

but overall i liked the game. played through it twice, first time as warrior, second as mage - and ive gotta say, it was damn easy as a mage. so, i expect a challenge(like warrior) when i go for the 3. run as rouge.
dont pet a burning dog
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
March 15 2011 11:23 GMT
#65
On March 15 2011 19:35 Nazarid wrote:
but again even the 2 handed warrior is trumped by the mage class =(


Lol, I don't know what game you've been playing, but in DA2 2h warrior is ALOT stronger then mage.
Go big, or go home!
Merany
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
France890 Posts
March 15 2011 13:41 GMT
#66
On March 15 2011 17:00 unoriginalname wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2011 16:46 Merany wrote:
Has anybody tried to complete the game in Nightmare without heal? I'm currently using a warrior tank 1H/shield (myself) + Fenris + Isabela + Bethany (I'm just before the Deep Roads) but I just spoiled myself that I + Show Spoiler +
won't be able to keep her
. The problem is : Merrill does not seem to be able to heal and I don't like Anders.
So, possible to complete the game based purely on crowd controls (with a few potions if needed but I don't like to abuse them) ?


There is a mod available that opens up a healing tree for Merrill if you want to choose that. I haven't had nightmare on for long, the assassins/rogues are frustrating enough on hard.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/307/index/6492984/1


Seriously, the game is doable in Nightmare without abusing AI or environment, you just have to think carefully about your placement and the enemies to focus (I don’t consider hiding behind pillars to deal with ranged enemies abusing environment). Obviously, you have to reload a lot but that’s the whole point of playing in nightmare. The only fight I had real problem with is a quest where you have to spy on a conversation and the enemies include 2 assassins’ captains but with heavy focus under hast and a bit of luck, I managed to defeat them.
The thing that makes me consider playing without heal is that compared to DA:O, the cooldown is so long that I use the spell one or two times per fight and I feel I could do without it (plus, I don’t like Anders^^). On the other hand, I don’t want to start the Deep Roads and have to reload everything because there is an enemy I just cannot defeat without heal, which is the reason for my question in the first place
I will try to do as many sidequests as possible with me as a warrior + Fenris + Isabela + Merrill or Varric, to see how it feels.

ChaseR
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Norway1004 Posts
March 15 2011 14:28 GMT
#67
I thought about trying DA2 but I haven't even continued playing DA1 more than a day like almost a year ago lol.

Anyway after looking over at the http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-ii I figured the user Reviews speak for themselves oO

Life is not Fucking Fair and Society is not Fucking Logical - "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
March 15 2011 16:52 GMT
#68
Can anyone help me out with this? I m searching for spindleweed like a madman in act 3 but i cant find for my life depends on it. I googled it and one said that there should be 1 in Lowtown, but i couldnt find, and i also read a comment that the information is inaccurate
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
DND_Enkil
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden598 Posts
March 15 2011 16:54 GMT
#69
On March 15 2011 08:41 Dandel Ion wrote:
tl;dr
mages suck now.


Yeah i cant really understand how people have voted the best party having 2 mages, while they do not suck exactly i do not think a second mage adds anything another class could not do better. Rogues have insane singletarget DPS and 2H warriors chew thorough mobs like no tomorrow. I might try something like 2 ranged rogues + 2 warriors next playthrough.
"If you write about a sewing needle there is always some one-eyed bastard that gets offended" - Fritiof The Pirate Nilsson
BloodNinja
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2791 Posts
March 15 2011 17:04 GMT
#70
On March 16 2011 01:54 DND_Enkil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2011 08:41 Dandel Ion wrote:
tl;dr
mages suck now.


Yeah i cant really understand how people have voted the best party having 2 mages, while they do not suck exactly i do not think a second mage adds anything another class could not do better. Rogues have insane singletarget DPS and 2H warriors chew thorough mobs like no tomorrow. I might try something like 2 ranged rogues + 2 warriors next playthrough.


Some of this may be the difficulty you/they are playing at. I liked playing on normal to get through the story a few times but I could have used 4 grandmothers and had little difficulty.
Corvi
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Germany1406 Posts
March 15 2011 17:11 GMT
#71
nah u need 2 mages, because Merrill cant heal, but is the funniest companion in da2.
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 15 2011 17:25 GMT
#72
On March 16 2011 02:11 Corvi wrote:
nah u need 2 mages, because Merrill cant heal, but is the funniest companion in da2.


For the longest time when I was playing on Nightmare almost up to the end of Act 1, I had one Mage, who was my sister and had no healing abilities invested in. I have two Archers in my group, including myself. Potions and micro is all I need.

In short, you don't need any Mages.
靈魂交響曲
Fumi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
529 Posts
March 15 2011 17:33 GMT
#73
On March 16 2011 02:25 Fishball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2011 02:11 Corvi wrote:
nah u need 2 mages, because Merrill cant heal, but is the funniest companion in da2.


For the longest time when I was playing on Nightmare almost up to the end of Act 1, I had one Mage, who was my sister and had no healing abilities invested in. I have two Archers in my group, including myself. Potions and micro is all I need.

In short, you don't need any Mages.

Uhh, I think the catch here is that you need Merril since she's really funny, so if you're a mage or is using Anders, having two mages is a "must"...
Flash, Stats, Reach, Tossgirl <> Boxer, Nestea, MC, Foxer fangirl | http://osu.ppy.sh/u/181432
EchOne
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States2906 Posts
March 15 2011 17:39 GMT
#74
Well having at least one mage is pretty important because all the cross combos for 2H are from Brittle, not Disorient. I think the best party would involve 2 2H warriors, a rogue, and a mage that Brittles.
面白くない世の中, 面白くすればいいさ
Sega92
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States467 Posts
March 15 2011 18:01 GMT
#75
okay i just beat DA 2 and I have to say it felt more like 3 DLC's packaged into a game then shipped...there is no clear bad guy for the WHOLE game...at least in Origins (My favorite RPG ever to the point where i learned elvish and have the pen and paper version)you had a reason to fight but in DA2 its just "do this!", why? because Hawke did it now...okay now this and for 10 hours there was no bad guy...what the hell is that about in Origins you had the blight AND Loghain to deal with all while trying to get allys against the blight...DA 2 just had a poorly formed story and i can't help but feel like they did this just to make future DLC "feel better" and if you make a game with DLC in mind then something has clearly gone wrong and the fact that in Origins we had like 6 origin stories to choose from and in DA 2 we had 1 and only 1 city that was needlessly big it had about as many important buildings as denerim but was way bigger for the sake of being bigger

P.S. the only reason I beat it was because I wanted to see what happened to Merrill



TL:DR...the story had no damn bad guy for WAYYYY too long and thus no motivation to keep playing and find out the story and why can't i be a Dalish???


not at all a bad game but NOWHERE near what bioware can do if they actually try
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 18:03:50
March 15 2011 18:02 GMT
#76
AoE is almost useless in Nightmare, as there is friendly fire.
I totally forgot about it at first, so I was quite amused when my grand plan of setting a mob off with "Living Bomb" or whatever that skill is called, and kill it as quick as possible with my dual archers, instantly killed my tank from full health and two other members that were too close.
靈魂交響曲
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
March 15 2011 18:11 GMT
#77
this HighDragon is killing me for the 15th time at least, so frustrating, and i can't find that spindleweed i need arrrhrr
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
kindle139
Profile Joined September 2010
United States128 Posts
March 15 2011 18:26 GMT
#78
the ending was disappointing and strange. given how much of a rush job this game was (and i think you can tell by the innumerable content recycling present throughout), i would have expected more of a fallout 3 type ending, explaining how your choices affected the world of the future. what's the point of having all these different choices and approaches to victory if it doesn't impact the outcome in a meaningful manner? also, there is specifically an achievement for playing through the game twice. this feels like a huge wasted opportunity: i expected some exposition on the exploits of the champion of kirkwall. it feels like the game is designed with this in mind and for them to not do it feels cheap.
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
March 15 2011 18:31 GMT
#79
This is really funny/sad

[image loading]
BloodNinja
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-15 18:42:22
March 15 2011 18:40 GMT
#80
On March 16 2011 03:31 floor exercise wrote:
This is really funny/sad


My feelings on this are "meh". To me it offsets the pointless "0/10" and "1/10" reviews. I just don't put stock in random reviews anymore.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem532
IndyStarCraft 243
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 532
IndyStarCraft 243
Railgan 79
BRAT_OK 75
JuggernautJason29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16131
BeSt 379
Soma 189
Mini 173
Dewaltoss 127
Mind 91
hero 61
Zeus 45
Hyun 40
ToSsGirL 25
[ Show more ]
Bale 20
NaDa 18
PianO 18
Rock 17
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4719
qojqva3038
420jenkins508
Counter-Strike
fl0m4082
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4840
Khaldor1297
Liquid`Hasu1070
MindelVK11
Other Games
FrodaN1720
B2W.Neo810
byalli421
Hui .178
QueenE78
Mew2King54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1144
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
StarCraft 2
angryscii 15
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 31
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 44
• blackmanpl 23
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4015
League of Legends
• Nemesis2104
Other Games
• imaqtpie610
• Shiphtur294
• WagamamaTV230
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
56m
BSL Open Qualifier
56m
Replay Cast
4h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 56m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
16h 56m
Monday Night Weeklies
21h 56m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 16h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.