• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:19
CEST 02:19
KST 09:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8106 users

[RPG] Dragon Age 2 - Page 6

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Xinder
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2269 Posts
March 16 2011 15:14 GMT
#101
i liked it. Am i a terrible person?
"Daaayyyy9, King Pussyfoot of NinnyVille"- Day9 while playing Amnesia
cYaN
Profile Joined May 2004
Norway3322 Posts
March 16 2011 15:16 GMT
#102
Well, beat the game. Not impressed, but it didn't blow too hard I guess.

Disappointing things in random order:
The ending/story in general. It felt like a bridge story between dao and an expansion or something.
The constant reuse of areas and enemies.
I wanted to zoom out more and scroll around the screen to see stuff.
Pretty short imo
Couldn't load DA:O save properly + Show Spoiler +
Met Zevran despite killing him in my DA:O run etc.

Got a constant console feel with the dialogue options, zooming, etc etc.
+ Show Spoiler +
The fight with the arishok was just not fun. Took a long time, that's all.

Itemsystem.
+ Show Spoiler +
I didn't get to kill any potential party members (except anders) In DA:O i killed like 4 of them I think. Not really a legit complaint i guess. I just liked killing them in Origins^^
dcemuser
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3248 Posts
March 16 2011 15:38 GMT
#103
I liked it a lot.

I'm disappointed it wasn't longer, but it was still worth the money.
hasheek
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 16:17:18
March 16 2011 16:07 GMT
#104
I quite enjoyed this game. I wasn't overly impressed by the story, but it was certainly not generic. The combat system revamp was brilliant when compared to DA:O, and some of the battles on nightmare were actually difficult.

The early battles, especially when you don't have access to high level healing spells, threatswitching abilities and cross-class combos could sometimes be difficult (read: two dual wield assassins 1 hitting you instantly). However past midgame most of the battles get so easy that you can just auto attack and win them. Some of the boss battles, however were really fun and challenging. I especially loved the ancient rock wraith one, he had me tearing my hair out.

My favorite party consists of Hawke as a 2h vanguard speced as a reaver/berserker. You can't really use another melee char with this build as your special attack bursts do massage AoE and will always 1 hit any party members in the vicinity. So I take Anders (obviously) with Varrick and Merrill. If you have the Prince DLC, Sebastian can be quite cool but I didn't want to sacrifice Merrill because I like her character.

EDIT: That pic is hilarious LMFAO.
hasheek
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 16:13:35
March 16 2011 16:13 GMT
#105
[QUOTE]On March 15 2011 06:13 BloodNinja wrote:
Add me into the company of people who think 2H Warriors are complete beasts. Tons of damage and still very sturdy. I haven'y played on nightmare yet (where Aveline might be necessary), but I have zero issues with a single sturdy 2H warrior acting as tanky DPS for the group. [QUOTE]

Offense is the best ****ing defense, mate! Go 2h vanguard, reaver and you'll be amazed at how sturdy you are.
hasheek
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 16:14:51
March 16 2011 16:13 GMT
#106
:p
ToxNub
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada805 Posts
March 16 2011 17:08 GMT
#107
I'm playing through on nightmare.

It's hard as balls, and the insane difficulty makes the story much more epic, somehow. Instead of getting some quest to do mundane stuff (eg, retrieve the prisoner) and barely having to try, you struggle through every step, and this greatly increases the immersion of being in a dangerous place, often requiring perfect execution, and this greatly increases the satisfaction when completing quests. I constantly have to respec my tactics mid fight, or turn them off completely, because the AI (while I'm sure is fine on lower difficulties) gets me killed every time. There is no margin for error, and when your tank uses the last of her stamina on the wrong ability, instead of a taunt, you die. When your mage casts a fireball on the fire immune, and then doesn't have enough power to heal, you die. When my archer targets the wrong thing and pulls aggro, I die. When the cooldown is not up on my AOE when i need it, I die. Also, friendly fire makes things a hell of a lot more tactical.

I even have to make sure I choose my quests wisely. I have to do the easy ones first, because I need the experience or I get owned on the harder ones. I've had to back out of a few quests more than once, and go find an easier one. And I scrape EVERYTHING. I make sure to disarm every trap for bonus exp, search every house I can find for a chest, explore every area, because jesus christ do I ever need the cash to afford potions and gear.

I really love the dialogue options. It makes me feel like my own personality can be played through the character. The story is pretty good so far. I've heard comments that there are too many side quests, but I strongly disagree with this sort of thinking. Dragon Age is a franchise that is all about exploration, understanding the world, its struggles, its people, its landscapes, the politics, and powers. That really is the "main" quest. I prefer that sort of RPG compared to any insulated epic storyline.
Panzarpaddan
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden7 Posts
March 16 2011 17:25 GMT
#108
I just finished the game. I must say, I did actually enjoy it. While it indeed were missing a few key aspects from DA:O like example more interesting Deep Roads, it worked all in all for me. I felt that the characters were a bit more interesting in DA2 than DA:O. Well except for Merrill, she was just too annoying to handle. I just simply found some of the characters quite dull in DA:O. Alistair, the cast-away royal son and he doesnt even know of it, bleh. A dog? Really? Morrigan (although she ahs some funny and snazzy comments) a witch sent by her mother to help you? No thank you. I found that the characters in DA2 was more fun and polished. My favourite characters from the game is probably Anders and Isabela (No not for her huge breasts)
+ Show Spoiler +

Blowing up the whole motherflippin' chantry?! Well played meser.

Stealing an ancient relic from the Qunari? Awesome.



While I think it's quite dissapointing that you HAD to be a human for this game I dont really think it did that huge of a deal in DA:O. Yea sure you got a different starting area, and it lasted like what? 20 - 30 min?

I also felt that the choices I made in the game did effect the game more in DA2 than in DA:O. Or in an atleast more direct way.

Whilst this new conversation wheel feels a bit...noobish. Not only is it horribly unaccurate (You simply want to turn down an offer and you blatantly shove their proposal up their asses asking them to piss off) but it's also a bit simplified.
Atleast in DA:O I could see exactly what I was going to say. And also with the conversation wheel getting your friendship/rivalry with your companions was super easy, didn't even have to think a second what to say.

And yes as probably everyone has already stated. The repeated use of scenery. It didn't bother me that much since many games has used this, whilst I think it's something we shouldnt tolerate now in 2011 in a game, I was able to over-see it. Simply beacuse you werent there for the same reason as in the start. Since I mainly play RPG's for the story and to see my choices affect the world, DA2 was a blast for me in that perspective.

While I wouldn't go and give the game an overkill score like PC gamer did and give it a 94 I would still give it a decent. Probably in the 65-75ish.

Bottomline, I enjoyed the game. Didn't really have sky-high hopes for it so I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
Go fuck a landmine
fatboy
Profile Joined November 2010
United States5 Posts
March 16 2011 17:42 GMT
#109
I have been having a blast playing this game. Found this in the Bioware forums, its a well written guide for a 2H warrior\tank on Nightmare difficulty.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/305/index/6396096/1
han_han
Profile Joined October 2010
United States205 Posts
March 16 2011 17:43 GMT
#110
I don't like how I'm forced to choose between isabela and merrill for a straight relationship as male hawke. I wish aveline was romanceable, that'd at least give the romanceable characters an equal gender ratio.
Narw
Profile Joined February 2011
Poland884 Posts
March 16 2011 17:44 GMT
#111
Game is cool, IF you play at least hard+ difficulty. On normal every fight is a joke, 0 tactic required. Inscrasing the difficutly will make you use potions, watch bars, dont waste your mana/sta on random stuff and disable the autoplay tactics. That way you fight are more rewarding and tactictal and actually fun. So do yourself a favor and dont play on normal difficulty.
Advocado
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Denmark994 Posts
March 16 2011 18:37 GMT
#112
On March 17 2011 02:43 han_han wrote:
I don't like how I'm forced to choose between isabela and merrill for a straight relationship as male hawke. I wish aveline was romanceable, that'd at least give the romanceable characters an equal gender ratio.


Isn't she a romance option? After doing some of her quest it opened up a heart dialogue choice for me and I thought that was the start of romance for her. No idea though, I haven't even finished chapter 1.
http://www.twitch.tv/advocadosc2
Overpowered
Profile Joined January 2011
Czech Republic764 Posts
March 16 2011 18:49 GMT
#113
No, she isnt romance option, but you can flirt with her.

BTW Merrill is awesome, how can somebody dislike something that adorable? -_-
Just another gold Protoss...
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
March 16 2011 19:07 GMT
#114
On March 17 2011 03:49 Overpowered wrote:
No, she isnt romance option, but you can flirt with her.

BTW Merrill is awesome, how can somebody dislike something that adorable? -_-


Erm, she looks weird
靈魂交響曲
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
March 16 2011 20:03 GMT
#115
Just finished, 65 hours effetive gameplay
I dont know why so many complain about the story/ the ending, i think it was great, though i would have liked an act 4 of some sorts where you find things out about Flemeth, or after Varric finishes his tale, something with Cassandra idk...
The only dissapointing thing was that Fenris randomly left me at the start of the mission, then just rejoined the same way. that was pretty damn lame
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
BatCat
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Austria630 Posts
March 16 2011 20:15 GMT
#116
I love Merril <3
So incredibly cute - she's like someone I'd adore in RL as well :D
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
GiYoM
Profile Joined May 2006
Korea (South)94 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-16 23:01:34
March 16 2011 23:00 GMT
#117
you guys are very picky for whatever reason
there is no game in the same genre that comes close to DA:2 in terms of gameplay.

I just started a new game on nightmare difficulty. I couldn't beat the first ogre when I was a mage but then I restarted as a rogue and it wasn't too hard. Im gonna try beating the game without cheating (changing game difficulty lvl to a lower one) once!

InToTheWannaB
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4770 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-17 02:47:22
March 17 2011 02:46 GMT
#118
Anyone else find it funny that grrrr needed to cheat to beat DA2 :p . BW and poker? That shits ezpz but Dragon Age now thats hard!
When the spirit is not altogether slain, great loss teaches men and women to desire greatly, both for themselves and for others.
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
March 17 2011 06:49 GMT
#119
mage on nightmare is in itself a nightmare. Oh hi there stab dead T_T
Xeteh
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States589 Posts
March 17 2011 09:07 GMT
#120
I'm pretty disappointed with DA2. I loved the first one, I had a blast playing through that game a couple times. The story wasn't amazing by any stretch but it was enjoyable, you knew who your "enemy" was that you were working you way towards. In DA2 that target isn't apparent at all, everything that happens just kind of does. + Show Spoiler +
Granted, during the last half of the game its quite apparent that the tensions between the Mages and the Templars are going to come to a head, it just seems kind of... thrown in as a plot device.


Gameplay was solid, only complaint here is just how strong Two Handed Warriors are throughout the entire game. At no point, on no difficulty, does it seem like their damage is toned down or is their survivability. With the proper build you can have a character that does massive AoE damage with very high survivability, even on Nightmare.

I don't worry too much about the companion characters being liked/disliked. Its part of the story to have various characters, sometimes you won't enjoy every single one while you get some entertainment out of others.

My biggest complaint about this game is how damn near the entire game takes place in the same areas. No matter what cave you enter, you're damned sure that you're going to be wadding through the same dungeon layout over and over. That doesn't even count the fact that you spend 80% of the time in the same city, revisiting the same areas and when you do move out you visit the same locations outside of town. I was so happy to go to the Deep Roads finally + Show Spoiler +
only to find out its a short lived excursion
.

Anyways, I was just really disappointed with the game as a whole. Perhaps after the first game I had unfair expectations for this game but either way, I've beaten it once and I'm trying really hard to find the interest to play through a second time, I've already made/deleted about 6 characters within the first 1-2 hours of playtime.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings100
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O156
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 171
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 957
ZZZero.O 156
Bale 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
Doublelift5143
JimRising 743
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Other Games
summit1g10484
FrodaN2558
C9.Mang0285
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1202
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP98
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 42m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 42m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 42m
Replay Cast
22h 42m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.