• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:23
CEST 09:23
KST 16:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11110 users

Battlefield 3 - Page 141

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 491 Next
Dusty
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3359 Posts
September 30 2011 15:39 GMT
#2801
On October 01 2011 00:27 Trowabarton756 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 00:20 lowkontrast wrote:
On October 01 2011 00:15 babishh wrote:
On September 30 2011 21:43 Latham wrote:
On September 30 2011 20:56 Grettin wrote:
"It´s been 3 days full of win!
Thank you everyone who participated in testing Caspian Border with us during the Open Beta. We of course cherish and appreciate the time you have put into supplying is with good feedback. We will of course read it through and discuss it internally.

Testing has now been completed and we are shutting down the Caspian Border servers. "


Source


And that's the end of beta for me. Never got to play Caspian Border and OP:M sucks ass too hard to try and play it. GGs


wow this totally pisses me off. i didn't have a chance to play it, i won't be able to keep playing metro for days without killing myself of boredom


If you're going to get bored of a map in under two weeks, IDK what you're doing playing FPS's


Why do you think they make dlc map packs so often?


Because people will buy them and the company makes a lot of money from it.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 30 2011 15:43 GMT
#2802
Some people tire of maps quickly, I still enjoy playing the same old maps in BC2. To each their own.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 15:50:42
September 30 2011 15:46 GMT
#2803
On October 01 2011 00:20 lowkontrast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 00:15 babishh wrote:
On September 30 2011 21:43 Latham wrote:
On September 30 2011 20:56 Grettin wrote:
"It´s been 3 days full of win!
Thank you everyone who participated in testing Caspian Border with us during the Open Beta. We of course cherish and appreciate the time you have put into supplying is with good feedback. We will of course read it through and discuss it internally.

Testing has now been completed and we are shutting down the Caspian Border servers. "


Source


And that's the end of beta for me. Never got to play Caspian Border and OP:M sucks ass too hard to try and play it. GGs


wow this totally pisses me off. i didn't have a chance to play it, i won't be able to keep playing metro for days without killing myself of boredom


If you're going to get bored of a map in under two weeks, IDK what you're doing playing FPS's


I don't like Rush so thats why the map(s) gets boring really quickly. Doesn't mean i shouldn't be playing FPS games.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
PepperoniPiZZa
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sierra Leone1660 Posts
September 30 2011 15:47 GMT
#2804
Can somebody help me? I get stupid errors when trying to connect

"Your game session has expired, please log out and then log in again."
and
"A generic game error was reported, please try again."

Logging in and out doesn't do anything ._.
Quote?
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
September 30 2011 15:48 GMT
#2805
That gamepaly earlier is indicative of this game with friends. It's so fucking fun when you have people to play with. Operation Metro is fun, but Caspian Border is even more fun. However, OP:M is super fucking fun. I just can't wait for the lolsnow maps or a night map.
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
September 30 2011 15:58 GMT
#2806
Alright guys, I admit it, I'm a newb to the BF series. I was able to get the hang of Metro easily, but can someone explain "how" to play Caspian?

1) It's basically a TDM, but captured objectives let you spawn there, right? And I assume that capturing all objectives wins you to game too.
2) Am I supposed to stick with my squad? I assume so, but I truly never see this happen in the beta.
3) How does bullet drop work, or not work? I'm having a very hard time as a sniper with x7/x8 scope, cause I have no idea how much the bullet will drop. From my experience though, the bullets don't actually drop, because of the maybe 30 shots I've fired, the 5ish that hit were all aimed directly at the target. This is from 50-100m away.
4) How to choose where to spawn. This was ridiculously easy in Metro, but on Caspian, I am stumped. I don't even know where the places are on the map.
5) WHAT SHOULD I DO? Am I always supposed to capture objectives? Am I supposed to just run around killing people I see? Since no one is working as a squad right now, I'm kind of just spawning, running towards an objective, and killing everyone I can on my way there.
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
September 30 2011 16:08 GMT
#2807
On October 01 2011 00:58 Karliath wrote:
Alright guys, I admit it, I'm a newb to the BF series. I was able to get the hang of Metro easily, but can someone explain "how" to play Caspian?

1) It's basically a TDM, but captured objectives let you spawn there, right? And I assume that capturing all objectives wins you to game too.
2) Am I supposed to stick with my squad? I assume so, but I truly never see this happen in the beta.
3) How does bullet drop work, or not work? I'm having a very hard time as a sniper with x7/x8 scope, cause I have no idea how much the bullet will drop. From my experience though, the bullets don't actually drop, because of the maybe 30 shots I've fired, the 5ish that hit were all aimed directly at the target. This is from 50-100m away.
4) How to choose where to spawn. This was ridiculously easy in Metro, but on Caspian, I am stumped. I don't even know where the places are on the map.
5) WHAT SHOULD I DO? Am I always supposed to capture objectives? Am I supposed to just run around killing people I see? Since no one is working as a squad right now, I'm kind of just spawning, running towards an objective, and killing everyone I can on my way there.


1) Conquest works like this. The more points you have, the faster your opponents points detract. So when you have the most points, they will lose points faster than you. Kills also retract from points, but not enough to justify going around and killing people. Points are NUMBER ONE priority.

2) Yes, you are always supposed to stick with your squad. No matter what. At all times. On any map. I am doing multiple periods to emphasize this. STICK WITH YOUR DAMN SQUAD. This is NOT a lone wolf game.

3) It's a weird system, but it just takes time to get used to.

4) Spawn on your squad. If they are doing jack shit, join another squad. If everyone is doing jack shit or all squads are full, spawn on a point and go do something productive with non-squad teammates.

5) Refer to point 1
lazymej
Profile Joined February 2006
Canada269 Posts
September 30 2011 16:09 GMT
#2808
On September 30 2011 14:45 iinsom wrote:
LOL

Theres a way to get around the server password check for caspian border servers if you're running google Chrome.

+ Show Spoiler +
hit CTRL+SHIFT+J

paste this:

launcher.verifyPassword = function(game, gameServerGuid, plaintextPassword, callback) { callback(true); }


and hit enter. Click a server, click join, when it asks for a password leave it blank and hit submit.


Do you do this when browsing for servers?

I tried this and still get no server results when I'm looking for Caspian Borders.
^_~
PepperoniPiZZa
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sierra Leone1660 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 16:13:03
September 30 2011 16:10 GMT
#2809
On October 01 2011 00:58 Karliath wrote:
Alright guys, I admit it, I'm a newb to the BF series. I was able to get the hang of Metro easily, but can someone explain "how" to play Caspian?

1) It's basically a TDM, but captured objectives let you spawn there, right? And I assume that capturing all objectives wins you to game too.
2) Am I supposed to stick with my squad? I assume so, but I truly never see this happen in the beta.
3) How does bullet drop work, or not work? I'm having a very hard time as a sniper with x7/x8 scope, cause I have no idea how much the bullet will drop. From my experience though, the bullets don't actually drop, because of the maybe 30 shots I've fired, the 5ish that hit were all aimed directly at the target. This is from 50-100m away.
4) How to choose where to spawn. This was ridiculously easy in Metro, but on Caspian, I am stumped. I don't even know where the places are on the map.
5) WHAT SHOULD I DO? Am I always supposed to capture objectives? Am I supposed to just run around killing people I see? Since no one is working as a squad right now, I'm kind of just spawning, running towards an objective, and killing everyone I can on my way there.


I'm not exactly sure as I'm a BF beginner myself but I think that by defending a captured point, you're already having an impact on the game. I normally just hang around contested points as an engineer and try to blow tanks up/repair friendly tanks.


On October 01 2011 01:09 lazymej wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 14:45 iinsom wrote:
LOL

Theres a way to get around the server password check for caspian border servers if you're running google Chrome.

+ Show Spoiler +
hit CTRL+SHIFT+J

paste this:

launcher.verifyPassword = function(game, gameServerGuid, plaintextPassword, callback) { callback(true); }


and hit enter. Click a server, click join, when it asks for a password leave it blank and hit submit.


Do you do this when browsing for servers?

I tried this and still get no server results when I'm looking for Caspian Borders.


They took the Caspian Servers down for now. I think I read that a new map will be tested later, Back to Karkand is the name of that map.
Quote?
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 30 2011 16:14 GMT
#2810
I never accessed Caspian but I can answer a few of your questions.

1) It's a conquest, yeah. The more objectives you hold the faster the opponents score goes down. Dying also decreases the score but the capture points drain it much faster. Yes, you spawn at capture points, on your squad, on radio beacons or at the start of the map.
2) If you're playing with friends staying with your squad is important. If you're playing with random people staying with your squad can help but the lack of communication and coordination really screws up the system. Sure, stay with your squad. If they're doing a good job.
3) Bullet drop from a sniper rifle at 100 meters.. I'm not sure at the exact rates but even assault rifles shouldn't have bullet drop at 100 meters.
5) Yes, capture the objectives. In Rush, blow up the objectives or defend the objectives. And kill people. You're doing it right. Get to know the maps so you can more effectively kill people at the objectives while more of your team moves up.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Chesner
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Iceland817 Posts
September 30 2011 16:14 GMT
#2811
Is anyone able to join? Keep getting a lot of errors.
PENGUINS
lazymej
Profile Joined February 2006
Canada269 Posts
September 30 2011 16:16 GMT
#2812
On October 01 2011 01:10 PepperoniPiZZa wrote:


Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 01:09 lazymej wrote:
On September 30 2011 14:45 iinsom wrote:
LOL

Theres a way to get around the server password check for caspian border servers if you're running google Chrome.

+ Show Spoiler +
hit CTRL+SHIFT+J

paste this:

launcher.verifyPassword = function(game, gameServerGuid, plaintextPassword, callback) { callback(true); }


and hit enter. Click a server, click join, when it asks for a password leave it blank and hit submit.


Do you do this when browsing for servers?

I tried this and still get no server results when I'm looking for Caspian Borders.


They took the Caspian Servers down for now. I think I read that a new map will be tested later, Back to Karkand is the name of that map.


Yeah, just read that news when I googled it. Thanks.
^_~
Blacktion
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom1148 Posts
September 30 2011 16:29 GMT
#2813
I cant download the beta till tomorrow because of monthly DL limit
Got a couple of questions some kind person whos played could answer though.
1) What weapons are available right at the start?
2) If its available in the beta, is the G3 any good?
3) Have they got rid of the retarded damage indication from BC2, im talking about when your really injured and the screen looks like theres a thin layer of frosted glass in front of it, all blurry. It wasnt so bad in core but in hardcore you didnt regen so it never went away. It didnt bother me because it was harder to aim, it fucked with my eyes and gave me headaches, i had to suicide if i got badly injured in HC. Please tell me that silly shit is gone.
Where's Boxer, there's victory! - figq
Skullflower
Profile Joined July 2010
United States3779 Posts
September 30 2011 16:35 GMT
#2814
On September 30 2011 21:49 FireBearHero wrote:
I wish I had an opinion of the BF3 beta, but I couldn't get it to load up on either xbox or PC. The xbox one REALLY perplexes me. Everytime I tried to start the multiplayer it said connection was lost to EA online. Guess I'll just try again next week lol.


For xbox just keep spamming A on multiplayer and you'll eventually get into a game. That's what I did.
The ruminations are mine, let the world be yours.
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
September 30 2011 16:36 GMT
#2815
On October 01 2011 01:14 Chesner wrote:
Is anyone able to join? Keep getting a lot of errors.

yea im able to join (when the servers arent fucking full for once -___-)
what kind of errors are you getting?
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
September 30 2011 16:38 GMT
#2816
On October 01 2011 00:39 Dusty wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2011 00:27 Trowabarton756 wrote:
On October 01 2011 00:20 lowkontrast wrote:
On October 01 2011 00:15 babishh wrote:
On September 30 2011 21:43 Latham wrote:
On September 30 2011 20:56 Grettin wrote:
"It´s been 3 days full of win!
Thank you everyone who participated in testing Caspian Border with us during the Open Beta. We of course cherish and appreciate the time you have put into supplying is with good feedback. We will of course read it through and discuss it internally.

Testing has now been completed and we are shutting down the Caspian Border servers. "


Source


And that's the end of beta for me. Never got to play Caspian Border and OP:M sucks ass too hard to try and play it. GGs


wow this totally pisses me off. i didn't have a chance to play it, i won't be able to keep playing metro for days without killing myself of boredom


If you're going to get bored of a map in under two weeks, IDK what you're doing playing FPS's


Why do you think they make dlc map packs so often?


Because people will buy them and the company makes a lot of money from it.

Yeah I can play maps for a while...GOOD maps. Once everyone figured out operation metro it became a snipe/campfest, and that's not fun.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 30 2011 16:40 GMT
#2817
On October 01 2011 01:29 Blacktion wrote:
I cant download the beta till tomorrow because of monthly DL limit
Got a couple of questions some kind person whos played could answer though.
1) What weapons are available right at the start?
2) If its available in the beta, is the G3 any good?
3) Have they got rid of the retarded damage indication from BC2, im talking about when your really injured and the screen looks like theres a thin layer of frosted glass in front of it, all blurry. It wasnt so bad in core but in hardcore you didnt regen so it never went away. It didnt bother me because it was harder to aim, it fucked with my eyes and gave me headaches, i had to suicide if i got badly injured in HC. Please tell me that silly shit is gone.

Enjoy suiciding every time you take dmg. It's still there.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
September 30 2011 16:47 GMT
#2818
The netcode is really terrible in this. Vietnam was so much better. I thought they finally figured out what they are doing but apparently not, it's right back to being horrible.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 30 2011 16:51 GMT
#2819
What is the point 12x optics if you can't hit anything from that distance lol
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
dbddbddb
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore969 Posts
September 30 2011 16:51 GMT
#2820
On October 01 2011 01:47 floor exercise wrote:
The netcode is really terrible in this. Vietnam was so much better. I thought they finally figured out what they are doing but apparently not, it's right back to being horrible.


what doyou mean
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 491 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 156
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 646
soO 562
Hyuk 419
BeSt 351
Mind 38
Shinee 27
Bale 23
ZergMaN 10
yabsab 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1059
XaKoH 486
XcaliburYe72
League of Legends
JimRising 569
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King108
Other Games
summit1g9736
olofmeister459
ceh9433
Livibee116
ArmadaUGS42
Happy1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick569
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH356
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2294
League of Legends
• Rush1386
• Stunt453
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 38m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
3h 38m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.