• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:13
CEST 18:13
KST 01:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9953 users

Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Page 23

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 586 Next
Mailing
Profile Joined March 2011
United States3087 Posts
June 07 2011 04:09 GMT
#441
They could make the greatest game in history and morrowind fans would say it's not as good as morrowind.
Are you hurting ESPORTS? Find out today - http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=232866
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
June 07 2011 05:38 GMT
#442
This thread would be 10x better without the fanboys
Everyone needs a nemesis.
SnK-Arcbound
Profile Joined March 2005
United States4423 Posts
June 07 2011 05:50 GMT
#443
I'm thinking that most of the changes are positives. Certain things only added to your stamina, health, or magicka. Speed made you move faster, and I fucking hated having a low speed. They made stamina not matter in oblivion and a murderer of characters in morrowind. There is still a large area for improvement in the elder scrolls series.
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
June 07 2011 07:21 GMT
#444
I can't help but think that consoles hold back the graphical progress of games by a huge amount for pc gamers because of multi platform releases
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
True_Spike
Profile Joined July 2004
Poland3434 Posts
June 07 2011 07:23 GMT
#445
On June 07 2011 13:09 Mailing wrote:
They could make the greatest game in history and morrowind fans would say it's not as good as morrowind.


I didn't like Morrowind that much either, but it was a much better experience than vanilla Oblivion.
True_Spike
Profile Joined July 2004
Poland3434 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-07 07:26:46
June 07 2011 07:25 GMT
#446
On June 07 2011 16:21 Bloodash wrote:
I can't help but think that consoles hold back the graphical progress of games by a huge amount for pc gamers because of multi platform releases


Take a look at art design in Witcher 2. I hate the game, because everything else looks like crap to me now.*Obviously* though, Skyrim and Witcher are two different types of experiences. Skyrim offers a huge open world (with no story whatsoever, which is fine in its own right) and that takes its toll on the graphics (but it's clear it could look *A TON* better, especially with lots of the world being auto-generated).
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
June 07 2011 07:26 GMT
#447
I just hope that getting property is much more like Morrowind than Oblivion. Having your giant tower with elemental guards or your own little dirt covered village were 10000x better than everything you got in Oblivion combined.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
June 07 2011 07:57 GMT
#448
I just hope they actually put a story in this game unlike Oblivion.
Deleted User 45971
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
533 Posts
June 07 2011 08:10 GMT
#449
300 dungeons in the game he said in the video, not sure if I like that. The thing I least of all liked about Oblivion, excluding the ridiculous main quest in oblivion gates, were the horribly generic same looking dungeons everywhere. Sure they said they had different themes but still, 300? It's probably going to be like 10-20 different dungeons and then after that it'll just repeat. I'd rather have fewer but larger hand designed dungeons with more content and depth/story around and within them.

But damn, this game looks mighty fine and immersive with those kind of graphics and world design that I saw in the preview footage. A shame console hardware will bring it down a couple of levels of what it could have been though
MooLen
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany501 Posts
June 07 2011 08:42 GMT
#450
On December 12 2010 12:36 Squeegy wrote:
I don't know why I think this is quite exciting news. Oblivion was so bad and Fallout 3 wasn't much of an improvement. I guess there is always hope.


How can someone say Oblivion was bad. IMO one of the best role playing games ever, and im looking forward to Skyrim. Just dont like that it will play in only one scenario because i didnt like Bruma :DD
crabz
Profile Joined May 2011
227 Posts
June 07 2011 08:49 GMT
#451
also hope it wil be closer to morrowind than oblivion, morrowind was just epic and omg want levitation back ~~
sidesprang
Profile Joined January 2009
Norway1033 Posts
June 07 2011 08:52 GMT
#452
On June 07 2011 14:38 lynx.oblige wrote:
This thread would be 10x better without the fanboys


the world would be a better place without fanboys
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
True_Spike
Profile Joined July 2004
Poland3434 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-07 08:56:21
June 07 2011 08:53 GMT
#453
On June 07 2011 17:42 MooLen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 12:36 Squeegy wrote:
I don't know why I think this is quite exciting news. Oblivion was so bad and Fallout 3 wasn't much of an improvement. I guess there is always hope.


How can someone say Oblivion was bad. IMO one of the best role playing games ever, and im looking forward to Skyrim. Just dont like that it will play in only one scenario because i didnt like Bruma :DD


It might have something to do with an imperfect leveling system, generic, re-hashed dungeons, loot, quests, repetitiveness, level scaling, *terrible* story and 5 voice actors throughout the entire game. Huge scope alone is not enough for an RPG game in my book - it's nice having a lot of things to do, but if it all feels like a chore and the overall quality of "things to do" is lowish than something's wrong. I could never force myself to play the vanilla game for too long and could never understand the hype that surrounds it.

Quality over quantity, Baldur's Gate 2 struck the perfect balance with huge amounts of quality content most games of this genre fail to reproduce ever since.
Nesquik
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom600 Posts
June 07 2011 08:58 GMT
#454
Look a-amazing when i was watching E3 yesterday and 300+ hours of game play, Lost count of how many environments etc
Oh IMMvp won agian but EGHuK getting Ro8 is a way bigger deal - Gootecks
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
June 07 2011 09:03 GMT
#455
On June 07 2011 17:10 Potatisodlaren wrote:
300 dungeons in the game he said in the video, not sure if I like that. The thing I least of all liked about Oblivion, excluding the ridiculous main quest in oblivion gates, were the horribly generic same looking dungeons everywhere. Sure they said they had different themes but still, 300? It's probably going to be like 10-20 different dungeons and then after that it'll just repeat. I'd rather have fewer but larger hand designed dungeons with more content and depth/story around and within them.

But damn, this game looks mighty fine and immersive with those kind of graphics and world design that I saw in the preview footage. A shame console hardware will bring it down a couple of levels of what it could have been though


You heard wrong. It is only 150 dungeons with 300 possible hours of gameplay.

Still a lot but not nearly as bad as 300.
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
June 07 2011 09:20 GMT
#456
Let's be real now - the number does not matter. What matters is that they are different and/or unique. There could be like 3 dungeons but if they do it right, it could be the most unexpectedly epic and amazing thing ever.

Kind of like how Starcraft only features 3 races but both games are great regardless.
Everyone needs a nemesis.
foo
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia109 Posts
June 07 2011 09:44 GMT
#457
Is anyone disappointed with the graphics... I mean they are barely an improvement on oblivion... hopefully the pc version scales waaayy higher than the console versions.
___ooo_(O,O)_ooo___
bokeevboke
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Singapore1674 Posts
June 07 2011 09:45 GMT
#458
On June 07 2011 17:42 MooLen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2010 12:36 Squeegy wrote:
I don't know why I think this is quite exciting news. Oblivion was so bad and Fallout 3 wasn't much of an improvement. I guess there is always hope.


How can someone say Oblivion was bad. IMO one of the best role playing games ever, and im looking forward to Skyrim. Just dont like that it will play in only one scenario because i didnt like Bruma :DD


Oblivion was very bad compared to what was expected. Many people upgraded their computer just to play it.

Not sure if that was fixed: but somehow I figured out that electrical touch spell was very powerful, I'd say imbalanced. And I finished whole game (hardest mode) in couple of hours. I was so dissapoint.
Its grack
Grend
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1600 Posts
June 07 2011 09:45 GMT
#459
I enjoyed both Morrowind and Oblivion. Daggerfall was a bit too hardcore for me, but I had some fun playing it as well. Looking forward to Skyrim, but I guess I will enjoy the environment, voice acting, and facial animations, but I fear the actual game mechanics will be rather dull like in Oblivion. :I
If they managed to combine the technical improvements with some good game mechanics this could be a really epic game!
♞ Against the Wind - Bob Seger ♞
Nesquik
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom600 Posts
June 07 2011 10:00 GMT
#460
On June 07 2011 18:44 foo wrote:
Is anyone disappointed with the graphics... I mean they are barely an improvement on oblivion... hopefully the pc version scales waaayy higher than the console versions.


Yeah PC > Console for graphics, I'll be debating which i want to get it on as i have a Xbox 360 / Gaming PC but i think Console will still be a good choice.
Oh IMMvp won agian but EGHuK getting Ro8 is a way bigger deal - Gootecks
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 586 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem356
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 356
IndyStarCraft 157
Railgan 73
BRAT_OK 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57669
Shuttle 3250
Horang2 461
BeSt 439
Larva 344
ggaemo 233
Soma 190
Mind 144
Last 91
Sexy 90
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 88
Zeus 83
hero 75
Sea.KH 54
Killer 49
Hyun 49
ToSsGirL 36
Aegong 33
Bale 28
PianO 24
NaDa 18
Rock 17
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5634
qojqva2807
Dendi1571
420jenkins434
Fuzer 133
Counter-Strike
fl0m3572
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1298
Liquid`Hasu1099
MindelVK23
Grubby10
Other Games
singsing1783
FrodaN1221
B2W.Neo955
Beastyqt726
byalli596
Mlord512
ArmadaUGS208
Hui .175
KnowMe131
QueenE69
Mew2King56
CosmosSc2 26
Chillindude21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick801
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• Reevou 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 59
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4168
League of Legends
• Nemesis3175
Other Games
• Shiphtur217
• WagamamaTV213
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 47m
Replay Cast
6h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 47m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
18h 47m
Monday Night Weeklies
23h 47m
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 18h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.