• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:46
CEST 06:46
KST 13:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8158 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 587

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 585 586 587 588 589 665 Next
annedeman
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands350 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-02 11:15:03
January 02 2015 11:12 GMT
#11721
On January 02 2015 20:08 SilverSkyLark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2015 20:00 Risen wrote:
On January 02 2015 19:49 SilverSkyLark wrote:
quick question

you can reassign spell targets as they resolve in the stack, yes?

Def no :/

I mean when the stack has a lot spells in it.

still no, unless you have spells like redirect, divert.
you choose targets when you put a spell on the stack, and you wil not be able to change it, when a spell has no legal targets left when it resolves it fizzles and the spell is "countered" for most intends an purposes(except that it does not care about can't be countered clauses)
RAIN!!!, MMA!!,Innovation!!,Parting!!
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
January 02 2015 11:20 GMT
#11722
On January 02 2015 20:12 annedeman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2015 20:08 SilverSkyLark wrote:
On January 02 2015 20:00 Risen wrote:
On January 02 2015 19:49 SilverSkyLark wrote:
quick question

you can reassign spell targets as they resolve in the stack, yes?

Def no :/

I mean when the stack has a lot spells in it.

still no, unless you have spells like redirect, divert.
you choose targets when you put a spell on the stack, and you wil not be able to change it, when a spell has no legal targets left when it resolves it fizzles and the spell is "countered"


ooohh. I get it, I might have misread an article I read about priority and the stack.
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
January 02 2015 12:10 GMT
#11723
On January 02 2015 20:20 SilverSkyLark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2015 20:12 annedeman wrote:
On January 02 2015 20:08 SilverSkyLark wrote:
On January 02 2015 20:00 Risen wrote:
On January 02 2015 19:49 SilverSkyLark wrote:
quick question

you can reassign spell targets as they resolve in the stack, yes?

Def no :/

I mean when the stack has a lot spells in it.

still no, unless you have spells like redirect, divert.
you choose targets when you put a spell on the stack, and you wil not be able to change it, when a spell has no legal targets left when it resolves it fizzles and the spell is "countered"


ooohh. I get it, I might have misread an article I read about priority and the stack.

To add to what the others have written, targetting occurs when you cast a spell (i.e. before it is placed on the stack). Once you've finished casting the spell the targets are "locked in", so to speak.

From the Comprehensive Rules:

114. Targets
114.1
.Some spells and abilities require their controller to choose one or more targets for them. The targets are object(s),player(s), and/or zone(s) the spell or ability will affect. These targets are declared as part of the process of putting the spell or ability on the stack. The targets can't be changed except by another spell or ability that explicitly says it can do so.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-02 15:10:29
January 02 2015 15:04 GMT
#11724
On January 02 2015 20:08 SilverSkyLark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2015 20:00 Risen wrote:
On January 02 2015 19:49 SilverSkyLark wrote:
quick question

you can reassign spell targets as they resolve in the stack, yes?

Def no :/

I mean when the stack has a lot spells in it.


Still no, targets are chosen on cast. Spells like Cabal Therapy are different in that they target the opponent, and you choose the card for discard. So choose does not equal target. Then cards like Memorcide doesn't choose a card until resolution so your opponent does not know what card you plan on hitting with it (only really relevant in fringe situations).

Edit:

Priority has nothing to do with the stack directly, it's a player thing that basically boils down to which player gets to play/do things first in a given situation. So say when you get into your main phase on your turn, you, the player, has priority and the opposing non-turn player does not get to play something before you unless you pass priority which can be done in a number of ways.

Just to clarify for new players...This is a common problem for players who play fast/on autopilot. The most common priority interaction you see in standard right now is with Courser of Kruphix (and planeswalkers). Once your Courser of Kruphix is on the field on your turn, the opponent doesn't get to kill it before everyone sees the top card of your library (this one is fairly obvious), nor does the opponent gets to kill it before you play a land either off the top of the library or from your hand.
Get it by your hands...
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
January 02 2015 17:10 GMT
#11725
I like this card: [image loading]

He's not the flashiest card in the set, but he looks like a good man. A 1 drop that beats for 2 is already passable in a standard aggressive deck and on top of that he's a warrior and if you draw him later in the game, he essentially has haste and dodges sorcery speed removal. That guy's going right into BW warriors.
super gg
Draconicfire
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2562 Posts
January 03 2015 10:54 GMT
#11726
I'm loving the full art promos for Game Day. The Shadowspear looks pretty cool and this Supplant Form just looks beautiful too,

[image loading]
@Drayxs | Drayxs.221 | Drayxs#1802
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
January 03 2015 10:58 GMT
#11727
When is game day usually? My LGS only recently got DCI sanctioned (and afaik in the process of switching distributor)
EZ4ENCE
LennX
Profile Joined October 2010
4572 Posts
January 03 2015 12:23 GMT
#11728
1 month after the pre-release if I remembered correctly.
Mute user function on TL; http://www.liquiddota.com/blogs/491245-mute-annoying-users-in-lr-threads
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
January 03 2015 14:05 GMT
#11729
14-15 February for the game day.

The spoilers have been pretty crazy. White getting half the cake is hilarious since it was already the most played color by a pretty wide margin.
But what's more interesting is that the format finally gets 2-drops worth playing other than Seeker, and that could shake things up (most decks curve started at 3 those days...).
The legend of Darien lives on
cecek
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Czech Republic18921 Posts
January 03 2015 19:36 GMT
#11730
White got the worst siege and the worst khan, but the best of all the rest. :D Even for limited, Lightform seems real good for an uncommon, Soul Summons in a Morph set also seems great.
super gg
GoSuNamhciR
Profile Joined May 2010
126 Posts
January 05 2015 05:33 GMT
#11731
White definitely is getting the best in terms of constructed. But limited is a very different story so far barring luck and hitting a monastery mentor in limited for white. Even though only 70/185 spoiled so far, black looks very solid for limited.
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
January 05 2015 06:41 GMT
#11732
Man, GP's are really something. Lots of people from all over the country fly in to compete. The atmosphere is just great.
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
January 05 2015 08:25 GMT
#11733
On January 05 2015 15:41 SilverSkyLark wrote:
Man, GP's are really something. Lots of people from all over the country fly in to compete. The atmosphere is just great.

I can imagine that. I don't have the time to travel to events but it would be nice to try that..
EZ4ENCE
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
January 06 2015 18:29 GMT
#11734
This should totally be canon
http://sketchydoodles.tumblr.com/post/107320372375/from-the-genius-of-dougbeyermtg-springs-this
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
January 06 2015 18:35 GMT
#11735
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/fate-reforged-clash-pack-2015-01-06

Mmmm, I'll enjoy this pack, especially as someone playing Sidisi EDH
EZ4ENCE
Lampshade_
Profile Joined January 2015
United States9 Posts
January 07 2015 08:32 GMT
#11736
On January 07 2015 03:35 WindWolf wrote:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/fate-reforged-clash-pack-2015-01-06

Mmmm, I'll enjoy this pack, especially as someone playing Sidisi EDH


I thought I was the only person crazy enough to play Sidisi EDH.... can I grab a decklist from you? I'll be uploading mine soon haha
Is the drain finally swirling, or are we swirling the drain?
botchedit
Profile Joined January 2015
74 Posts
January 07 2015 08:36 GMT
#11737
That new 2R legendary Warrior spoiler.

We Mardu Warrior aggro now.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
January 07 2015 08:37 GMT
#11738
On January 07 2015 17:32 Lampshade_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2015 03:35 WindWolf wrote:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/fate-reforged-clash-pack-2015-01-06

Mmmm, I'll enjoy this pack, especially as someone playing Sidisi EDH


I thought I was the only person crazy enough to play Sidisi EDH.... can I grab a decklist from you? I'll be uploading mine soon haha

Will post it later, but a warning. It is a casual deck. Not really meant for serious play. At all. Mostly build it because I like the B/U/G color combo, and late game things can get pretty bananas
EZ4ENCE
Lampshade_
Profile Joined January 2015
United States9 Posts
January 07 2015 08:39 GMT
#11739
On January 07 2015 17:37 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2015 17:32 Lampshade_ wrote:
On January 07 2015 03:35 WindWolf wrote:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/fate-reforged-clash-pack-2015-01-06

Mmmm, I'll enjoy this pack, especially as someone playing Sidisi EDH


I thought I was the only person crazy enough to play Sidisi EDH.... can I grab a decklist from you? I'll be uploading mine soon haha

Will post it later, but a warning. It is a casual deck. Not really meant for serious play. At all. Mostly build it because I like the B/U/G color combo, and late game things can get pretty bananas


I picked it because imo it seemed like the best commander for reanimation by far. It has black and green, with blue for support. It's a turn 4 auto enabler with free tokens as a little bonus. My deck is basically fatties / counters / control / reanimation. What's yours like?
Is the drain finally swirling, or are we swirling the drain?
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
January 07 2015 08:42 GMT
#11740
On January 07 2015 17:39 Lampshade_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2015 17:37 WindWolf wrote:
On January 07 2015 17:32 Lampshade_ wrote:
On January 07 2015 03:35 WindWolf wrote:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/fate-reforged-clash-pack-2015-01-06

Mmmm, I'll enjoy this pack, especially as someone playing Sidisi EDH


I thought I was the only person crazy enough to play Sidisi EDH.... can I grab a decklist from you? I'll be uploading mine soon haha

Will post it later, but a warning. It is a casual deck. Not really meant for serious play. At all. Mostly build it because I like the B/U/G color combo, and late game things can get pretty bananas


I picked it because imo it seemed like the best commander for reanimation by far. It has black and green, with blue for support. It's a turn 4 auto enabler with free tokens as a little bonus. My deck is basically fatties / counters / control / reanimation. What's yours like?

Ehh... I don't really have a strategy like that (It's only my first Commander deck, and I mostly play Limited events anyway these day). But if I had to explain it in some way, survive early-mid game, go nuts late game
EZ4ENCE
Prev 1 585 586 587 588 589 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft394
RuFF_SC2 196
Nina 98
-ZergGirl 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2093
sorry 36
Bale 22
910 16
yabsab 13
Icarus 7
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1196
taco 209
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox768
Other Games
summit1g8015
JimRising 767
Day[9].tv487
WinterStarcraft333
C9.Mang0234
Livibee148
Sick140
Maynarde127
ViBE83
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick847
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream183
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2117
League of Legends
• Stunt389
Other Games
• Day9tv487
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 14m
Stellar Fest
8h 14m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.