• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:21
CEST 05:21
KST 12:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7073 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 588

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 586 587 588 589 590 665 Next
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-07 17:52:14
January 07 2015 17:50 GMT
#11741
On January 07 2015 17:39 Lampshade_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2015 17:37 WindWolf wrote:
On January 07 2015 17:32 Lampshade_ wrote:
On January 07 2015 03:35 WindWolf wrote:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/fate-reforged-clash-pack-2015-01-06

Mmmm, I'll enjoy this pack, especially as someone playing Sidisi EDH


I thought I was the only person crazy enough to play Sidisi EDH.... can I grab a decklist from you? I'll be uploading mine soon haha

Will post it later, but a warning. It is a casual deck. Not really meant for serious play. At all. Mostly build it because I like the B/U/G color combo, and late game things can get pretty bananas


I picked it because imo it seemed like the best commander for reanimation by far. It has black and green, with blue for support. It's a turn 4 auto enabler with free tokens as a little bonus. My deck is basically fatties / counters / control / reanimation. What's yours like?


Mimeoplasm is the best BUG commander for reanimation by alot. Sidisi is next to pointless in a reanimation shell as there are so many better options for both mill and overall raw power to spend it in the commander slot.

I would also rank her behind the 7 mana commander that draws you up to 7 as she can lock people out of games in a control shell.
Get it by your hands...
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
January 07 2015 18:42 GMT
#11742
On January 07 2015 17:32 Lampshade_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2015 03:35 WindWolf wrote:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/fate-reforged-clash-pack-2015-01-06

Mmmm, I'll enjoy this pack, especially as someone playing Sidisi EDH


I thought I was the only person crazy enough to play Sidisi EDH.... can I grab a decklist from you? I'll be uploading mine soon haha


Here is my deck list.
The reason why almost everything listed is Theros or later is because that's when I staretd coming back to Magic.
And once again, this is meant for casual play.

+ Show Spoiler +
Commander
Sidisi, Bloood Tyrant

Lands
8 Island
7 Swamp
7 Forest
1 Polluted Delta
1 Windswept Heath
1 Wodded Foothils
1 Flooded Strand
1 Thornwood Falls
1 Jungle Hollow
1 Dismal Backwater
1 Terramorphic Expanse
1 Evolving Wilds
1 Opulent Place
1 Transguild Promenade
1 Dimir Guildgate
1 Golgari Guildgate
1 Simic Guildgate
1 Llanowar Wastes
1 Simic Growth Chamber
1 Tainted Wood
1 Temple of Mystery


0 CMC
1 Astral Cornucopia
1 Everflowing Chalice

1 CMC
1 Hypnotic Siren
1 Ruthless Ripper
1 Swan Song
1 Sol Ring
1 Altar of the Brood
1 Icy Blast
1 Despise
1 Thoughtseize

2 CMC
1 Genesis Hydra
1 Icefeather Aven
1 Hooded Hydra
1 Leafcrown Dryad
1 Curse of the Swine
1 Treasured Find
1 Thoughtcutter Agent
1 Kiora's Follower
1 Cranial Archive
1 Weight of Precint Six
1 Raksasa Deathdealer

3 CMC
1 Consume Strength
1 Courser of Kruphix
1 Sultai Ascendancy
1 Dissolve
1 AEther Adept
1 Hero's Downfall
1 Spawnwrithe
1 Sultai Charm
1 Drown in Sorrow
1 Nyx Weaver
1 Reclamation Sage
1 Quiet Contemplation
1 Read the Bones
1 Sultai Banner

4 CMC
1 Reaper of the Wilds
1 Bident of Thassa
1 Jace, the Living Guildpact
1 Jace, Architect of Thought
1 Perilous Vault
1 Bonehoard
1 Kheru Spellsnatcher
1 Clever Impersonator
1 Horizon Chimera

5 CMC
1 Fated Intervention
1 Prophet of Kruphix
1 Pharika's Mender
1 Dictate of Erebos
1 Restock
1 Vraska the Unseen

6+ CMC
1 Jace's Mindseeker
1 Arbiter of the Ideal
1 Kheru Lich Lord
1 Hydra Broodmaster
1 Archetype of Imagination
1 Archetype of Finality
1 Fated Return
1 Worst Fears
1 Dig Through Time
EZ4ENCE
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
January 07 2015 19:11 GMT
#11743
Lol the LGS started doing EDH FNM but 1v1 so they don't have to do anything new with WER.
Won the first one playing my french Marath deck -courser -primetime +archangel of thune +spike feeder. In hindsight I should have added strip mine instead
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Lampshade_
Profile Joined January 2015
United States9 Posts
January 07 2015 23:11 GMT
#11744
On January 08 2015 02:50 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2015 17:39 Lampshade_ wrote:
On January 07 2015 17:37 WindWolf wrote:
On January 07 2015 17:32 Lampshade_ wrote:
On January 07 2015 03:35 WindWolf wrote:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/fate-reforged-clash-pack-2015-01-06

Mmmm, I'll enjoy this pack, especially as someone playing Sidisi EDH


I thought I was the only person crazy enough to play Sidisi EDH.... can I grab a decklist from you? I'll be uploading mine soon haha

Will post it later, but a warning. It is a casual deck. Not really meant for serious play. At all. Mostly build it because I like the B/U/G color combo, and late game things can get pretty bananas


I picked it because imo it seemed like the best commander for reanimation by far. It has black and green, with blue for support. It's a turn 4 auto enabler with free tokens as a little bonus. My deck is basically fatties / counters / control / reanimation. What's yours like?


Mimeoplasm is the best BUG commander for reanimation by alot. Sidisi is next to pointless in a reanimation shell as there are so many better options for both mill and overall raw power to spend it in the commander slot.

I would also rank her behind the 7 mana commander that draws you up to 7 as she can lock people out of games in a control shell.


I don't want to use mimeoplasm because it exiles things in my graveyard... feels counter intuitive to me. I just use sidisi to mill shit into my graveyard and any time I mill with commune with the gods or grisly salvage I get a 2/2 basically
Is the drain finally swirling, or are we swirling the drain?
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
January 09 2015 08:48 GMT
#11745
Fate Reforged looking more and more awesome every day.
And the best of all, my small LGS (28 people at the Khans released, and that is the most we can fit into the shop) will have both a sealed and draft on the release weekend.
EZ4ENCE
.AK
Profile Joined September 2010
United States561 Posts
January 09 2015 19:33 GMT
#11746
Full spoilers are out, Collateral Damage looks enjoyable but I also think the world needs more Lightning Bolts.
All hail the glorious I sell T.Vs at Best Buy || #1 REQUIZEN FANBOI || IGN: .AK/BEST ANTIMAGE NA || Plat IV ADC Main
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 09 2015 22:26 GMT
#11747
On January 08 2015 08:11 Lampshade_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2015 02:50 Judicator wrote:
On January 07 2015 17:39 Lampshade_ wrote:
On January 07 2015 17:37 WindWolf wrote:
On January 07 2015 17:32 Lampshade_ wrote:
On January 07 2015 03:35 WindWolf wrote:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/fate-reforged-clash-pack-2015-01-06

Mmmm, I'll enjoy this pack, especially as someone playing Sidisi EDH


I thought I was the only person crazy enough to play Sidisi EDH.... can I grab a decklist from you? I'll be uploading mine soon haha

Will post it later, but a warning. It is a casual deck. Not really meant for serious play. At all. Mostly build it because I like the B/U/G color combo, and late game things can get pretty bananas


I picked it because imo it seemed like the best commander for reanimation by far. It has black and green, with blue for support. It's a turn 4 auto enabler with free tokens as a little bonus. My deck is basically fatties / counters / control / reanimation. What's yours like?


Mimeoplasm is the best BUG commander for reanimation by alot. Sidisi is next to pointless in a reanimation shell as there are so many better options for both mill and overall raw power to spend it in the commander slot.

I would also rank her behind the 7 mana commander that draws you up to 7 as she can lock people out of games in a control shell.


I don't want to use mimeoplasm because it exiles things in my graveyard... feels counter intuitive to me. I just use sidisi to mill shit into my graveyard and any time I mill with commune with the gods or grisly salvage I get a 2/2 basically


2/2s aren't worth anything in EDH though, unless you are swarming with them like with Rhys. Mimeoplasm is essentially a recastable renimation spell, the exile is minor since every EDH deck will have kind of graveyard hate. Sidisi is just underpowered, recasting her is meh.
Get it by your hands...
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
January 10 2015 05:46 GMT
#11748
Modern PPTQ on Sunday. Thinking of playing. Only Modern deck I currently fully own is Living End. What think ya'll for specific build for this metagame?
Maluk
Profile Joined August 2011
France987 Posts
January 12 2015 20:18 GMT
#11749
I have been playing on Cockatrice for a while and I'm thinking about switching to Magic Online, problem being that the game apparently costs a ton of money. How much do you spend in one month on average if you want to have a good standard deck ?
.AK
Profile Joined September 2010
United States561 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-12 21:56:29
January 12 2015 21:55 GMT
#11750
A good place to check is www.mtgotraders.com for card prices.
I wouldn't play Standard on MTGO unless you want to invest a lot of time and money into it. The format and cards switch to often for it to really be efficient to keep up with what's happening. If you want to play online I would recommend just doing Limited (sealed or draft). Gets you playing the game (do swiss to get more games in) for a set price and you have the chance of refunding your entry fee.
All hail the glorious I sell T.Vs at Best Buy || #1 REQUIZEN FANBOI || IGN: .AK/BEST ANTIMAGE NA || Plat IV ADC Main
Maluk
Profile Joined August 2011
France987 Posts
January 12 2015 22:58 GMT
#11751
Oh, I guess I'll stick to Cockatrice then lol. And eventually I'll learn to deal with the fact that Hearthstone is the only option left.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 12 2015 23:09 GMT
#11752
What are people's thoughts on the manifest mechanic?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
.AK
Profile Joined September 2010
United States561 Posts
January 13 2015 07:07 GMT
#11753
I like it, seems really good with the forms in Limited. I don't know if it will make as a constructed mechanic but there is potential (especially with Courser) but I don't know if the format is there. I doubt it will make any Eternal splash because you can't really cheat out creatures. It also seems like there are some ways to abuse it in Commander which would be pretty cool. Overall, I like it. Flavor seems pretty good and I think the forms are going to be really good in Limited which is cool.
All hail the glorious I sell T.Vs at Best Buy || #1 REQUIZEN FANBOI || IGN: .AK/BEST ANTIMAGE NA || Plat IV ADC Main
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
January 13 2015 23:28 GMT
#11754
Manifesting a phyrexian dreadnought is like cheating it into play :V
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
.AK
Profile Joined September 2010
United States561 Posts
January 13 2015 23:50 GMT
#11755
So maybe there are some abuse cases but overall that fine because I doubt that putting a creature into play for free is really the most powerful thing you can be doing in those formats. Obviously, I might be completely wrong but time is the only way to tell. I thought about it a little bit more and I don't know if the mechanic is worth it from a judging perspective. We already saw how much the Morph reveal could suck for both players and judges alike and this seems like it could add another element to that for little upside. That goes outside of the game and as a player I don't think I will have to much trouble with it.
All hail the glorious I sell T.Vs at Best Buy || #1 REQUIZEN FANBOI || IGN: .AK/BEST ANTIMAGE NA || Plat IV ADC Main
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
January 14 2015 20:59 GMT
#11756
How do you guys think Khans/Fate sealed will be like? Personally I think it can get quite interesting to play
EZ4ENCE
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 14 2015 23:09 GMT
#11757
On January 14 2015 08:28 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Manifesting a phyrexian dreadnought is like cheating it into play :V

So does morphing/manifesting not count as 'bringing into play' for those purposes?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
January 15 2015 00:50 GMT
#11758
On January 15 2015 08:09 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2015 08:28 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Manifesting a phyrexian dreadnought is like cheating it into play :V

So does morphing/manifesting not count as 'bringing into play' for those purposes?

Comes into play = what "Enter the Battlefield" (ETB) used to be called.

If Phyrexian Dreadnought was already on the battlefield, facedown, and you then find a way to flip it over without it leaving the battlefield in the process, then you are not required to sacrifice anything. That's because the game doesn't recognise the card Phyrexian Dreadnought as having entered the battlefield. (Now, if you were to bounce it with a flicker effect like Restoration Angel then that would be another matter and the ability would trigger.)

Also note that in the Gather Card Ruling, Phasing doesn't trigger ETB effects so do be aware of that but generally Phasing is not something that happens much in MtG any more...
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 15 2015 04:23 GMT
#11759
Phasing in general is an odd mechanic, imo. Only time when the card's existence is not recognized by the game iirc?
Get it by your hands...
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-15 14:46:49
January 15 2015 14:44 GMT
#11760
On January 10 2015 14:46 deth2munkies wrote:
Modern PPTQ on Sunday. Thinking of playing. Only Modern deck I currently fully own is Living End. What think ya'll for specific build for this metagame?

I think Living End is not very good in the current meta.

Delver has pressure + counters to be annoying and if you don't land a very fast Living End + win the die roll I think you have a pretty poor match-up. Combo decks that aren't focused on developing a board just wreck you (Scapeshift, Ascendancy Combo, Bloom Titan). Even Burn is a hard match-up.

If you really want to play it, I'd advise to play main deck Faerie Macabre to counter-act Cruises, Snaps, and Stitchers, and a few Simian Spirit Guides to really have possible explosive starts. Fulmi will still be your best card as usual and the reason to play the deck, especially with Delver running around playing only ~9 "real" lands.

(Edit : didn't realize "next sunday" was already a few days ago I think. Did you fare well with the deck ?)

On another note, Tasigur is nuts. Grixis Delver is now a very viable option and I feel it might be the best version of the deck moving forward.
The legend of Darien lives on
Prev 1 586 587 588 589 590 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft387
RuFF_SC2 150
Nina 112
-ZergGirl 74
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2221
Bale 22
yabsab 21
Terrorterran 10
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1206
taco 332
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox673
Other Games
summit1g7851
JimRising 683
Day[9].tv529
C9.Mang0335
WinterStarcraft288
ViBE161
Maynarde143
Livibee135
Sick127
ArmadaUGS34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick956
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 14
• OhrlRock 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv529
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 39m
Stellar Fest
9h 39m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.