• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:16
CEST 08:16
KST 15:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8685 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 264

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 262 263 264 265 266 665 Next
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
January 07 2013 02:38 GMT
#5261
I do think that. That's why, if you go back and read what I wrote, I think it's pretty Clear that I don't care about the pie as an idea. I was merely commenting that, if the color pie is your guiding force, Pognify is a violation of that construct.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 07 2013 04:07 GMT
#5262
On January 07 2013 11:38 slyboogie wrote:
I do think that. That's why, if you go back and read what I wrote, I think it's pretty Clear that I don't care about the pie as an idea. I was merely commenting that, if the color pie is your guiding force, Pognify is a violation of that construct.


Except that it isn't...we already went through this many times and I rather move on.
Get it by your hands...
EMIYA
Profile Joined March 2011
United States433 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-07 04:13:26
January 07 2013 04:12 GMT
#5263
should i be running less land in this draft since i have no big drops?

i also have a 2nd grisly salvage in the side board..
[image loading]
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-07 04:42:30
January 07 2013 04:39 GMT
#5264
15 lands is super ambitious with a Rogue's Passage and that many 4 drops. 17 lands if you please, cut Seek the Horizon and, I would cut a Golgari Charm.

EDIT: Oh, clearly the Cobblebrute - you're splashing the Red....

EDIT: Oh geez, what's the Red for? Are you lacking playables?
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 07 2013 05:03 GMT
#5265
That draft pool....something happened....I would cut the seek, but keep the charm because you'll be setting up for some regen tricks with those brushstriders. I would have to see the rest of your pool before commenting any more though.
Get it by your hands...
EMIYA
Profile Joined March 2011
United States433 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-07 05:14:59
January 07 2013 05:13 GMT
#5266
reds for instinct and lobber crews pretty much. can't cap my sideboard right now, but it doesnt have any larger drops besides terrus wurm. mostly more drudge beetles, and that scavenge 3 drop black creature really, and a locust.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-07 05:57:43
January 07 2013 05:55 GMT
#5267
would play those over the brushstriders...

EDIT:

Bruststriders, really good on an empty board, really terrible everywhere else.
Get it by your hands...
EMIYA
Profile Joined March 2011
United States433 Posts
January 07 2013 06:00 GMT
#5268
lost to grove of the guardian again..to a really bad player who didn't know how to security blockade on stab wound.
Octothorpe
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States52 Posts
January 07 2013 06:03 GMT
#5269
Stab Wound causes loss of life, Blockade has damage prevention. The Blockade can't stop the life loss from Stab Wounds.
#
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
January 07 2013 06:04 GMT
#5270
Blockade does not prevent Life Loss, just damage.

Also, to be fair, the deck was not gorgeous.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Pufftrees
Profile Joined March 2009
2449 Posts
January 07 2013 06:24 GMT
#5271
Okay, please tell me I am actually lucky and this isn't normal. I used to play magic way back in the day, quit around Ice Age... anyways.

So I pay 9.99 and get started. In my first booster pack I have Ajani, Caller of the Pride. I tell my brother , O shit planeswalker! Thinking it was at least a rare, turns out Mythic rare woot. Okay so I feel I am actually up 5 dollars so far in theory. So here is one question, how easy is it to liquidate. LIke about what percentage of card value should I expect to be able to collect?

Okay 1 booster pack 1 mythic planes. So I look around for about 2 hours, man this is kind of overwhelming. Took me a while to understand that my cards were all M13 and some were for some other wild ass mode. I see on store you can buy return to ravnica decks to I purchase the Rakdos deck which comes with 2 boosters for 15 bucks. I've always liked Black/red.. I used to rock shit with 4 Juzam Djinns and ball lightnings way back when.

The first booster pack I open has a Rakdos Sorcery spell, Rakdos Return. Woot , turns out this is Mythic and actually works with my deck. So I am 2 for 2 on boosters and feeling lucky. I open the next booster and get Jace, Architect of thought lol.


So this is lucky right and boosters aren't just full of mythics? haha


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Chance favors the prepared mind.
Octothorpe
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States52 Posts
January 07 2013 07:08 GMT
#5272
Yes, that's very lucky. You can find bots to sell your cards for tickets on all the time. I use mtgolibrary.com to check prices. Opening boosters is rarely a good way to make money, however. The same can be said for drafting. Your best bet for a small investment is to invest in a deck for Pauper events. You can look at winning decklists here.

If you're a gamblin' man, you can potentially make money off the Momir Basic format as well. It costs $10 to get the avatar from the store, and 6 tickets to enter a daily event.
#
EMIYA
Profile Joined March 2011
United States433 Posts
January 07 2013 07:08 GMT
#5273
sorry was a little heated. seriously though, in draft format grove is retarded as hell.

and about the blockade, i was thinking of lobber crew, my mistake. should i aim for a more curve of picks from now on? its the first time i've had that many 4 and three drops.
Octothorpe
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States52 Posts
January 07 2013 07:22 GMT
#5274
What you really need to do is have a plan. Your deck looked like an assortment of on color cards, and didn't seem to have a cohesive strategy or a way to win the game. I think you overvalued Brushstrider. While it can be good in the aggressive G/W deck with Etheral Armors and Knightly Valors, it was a pretty poor fit for your deck. Your red splash also hindered your deck more than it helped. You don't have very many cantrips or cheap spells to take advantage of your lobber crews, and the cobblebrute does very little to break creature stalemates, which are very common in RtR. Next time you draft Golgari, I would suggest prioritizing removal first, every Stab Wound, Launch Party, or Ultimate Price counts. Golgari is generally not very fast, so your Trestle Trolls, Indriks, and Axebanes are important to help you stay alive. Axebane also helps you splash easier, and ramp when you play it. It's much better than Gatecreeper Vine, especially if you pick up a troll or two. These are the things you should be worrying about, especially first pack. You want to take the cheaper spells first, and keep your options open. If you open a ridiculous bomb, that's obviously an exception. Later on in the draft, once you are locked into Golgari, you want to start thinking about how your deck will win the game. Beefy things, evasion creatures, tramplers, it all depends on what you get passed.
#
EMIYA
Profile Joined March 2011
United States433 Posts
January 07 2013 07:53 GMT
#5275
I see. I agree on the bushstrider part; i realized i began to become hesitant to trade them for stuff like song seller and azorious arresters.

As for the splash, I found the lobber crews excellent in winning me some of my matches, (i went 2-0, 1-2, 1-2 in swiss.) I never saw the instinct once, but since i had a generally high power to bring to the board mid game I was counting on it and chorus to pull the win through in a stand off.

I swapped some stuff before I got knocked out, but most of it was as you saw. I thought golgari was pretty open with scavange and what not, but I didn't see any black removal aside from a explosive impact on my goliath pack and the stab wound i took.
Octothorpe
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States52 Posts
January 07 2013 08:09 GMT
#5276
It's very difficult to get golgari to work without a plethora of removal. I generally don't think about drafting it unless I already have the removal to begin with. If I'm committing to green first, I would try to draft Selesnya if possible, but that's just my preference.

The problem with instinct is that it's a fairly unreliable win condition. It relies on both your opponent playing a worthwhile threat, and the board to be in a position where you can take it to do (preferably lethal) damage at the same time. Needless to say, it's a very situational card.

What sorts of things do you remember from the draft? Were there any particularly difficult picks that stand out to you? Would you have done anything different? Perhaps chosen different color(s)?
#
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 07 2013 15:54 GMT
#5277
I play whatever gets passed. Paying attention to what wheels and what doesn't is an important skill to have in multicolored draft formats. Not every deck is going to be splash Stab Wound and not every deck is going to take Hellhole Flailer despite those cards being perfectly reasonable first or second picks. Pay attention to what is in each pack and more importantly pay attention to when you are getting certain cards not just colors.

Removal is also overrated (using that term very lightly here) in RtR depending on what kind of a deck you are playing. Tempo seems to be a much bigger factor in RtR. For me personally, I just win most of my draft pools off of UW flyers with tempo cards and its usually not even close; nothing tilts a player harder when you point out that a Runewing did 20 points of damage.
Get it by your hands...
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
January 07 2013 18:23 GMT
#5278
Won modern fnm with rg tron, every round essentially a bye except my free loss to scapeshift. Cut to top 4 of jund x2, gw auras and me, thanks for the store credit. Good format!
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
January 07 2013 18:24 GMT
#5279
On January 08 2013 00:54 Judicator wrote:
I play whatever gets passed. Paying attention to what wheels and what doesn't is an important skill to have in multicolored draft formats. Not every deck is going to be splash Stab Wound and not every deck is going to take Hellhole Flailer despite those cards being perfectly reasonable first or second picks. Pay attention to what is in each pack and more importantly pay attention to when you are getting certain cards not just colors.

Removal is also overrated (using that term very lightly here) in RtR depending on what kind of a deck you are playing. Tempo seems to be a much bigger factor in RtR. For me personally, I just win most of my draft pools off of UW flyers with tempo cards and its usually not even close; nothing tilts a player harder when you point out that a Runewing did 20 points of damage.


You mentioned that before, I have never seen it happen personally. Drawing dead to a Runewing, is pretty pitiful.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
January 07 2013 18:39 GMT
#5280
On January 08 2013 03:24 slyboogie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2013 00:54 Judicator wrote:
I play whatever gets passed. Paying attention to what wheels and what doesn't is an important skill to have in multicolored draft formats. Not every deck is going to be splash Stab Wound and not every deck is going to take Hellhole Flailer despite those cards being perfectly reasonable first or second picks. Pay attention to what is in each pack and more importantly pay attention to when you are getting certain cards not just colors.

Removal is also overrated (using that term very lightly here) in RtR depending on what kind of a deck you are playing. Tempo seems to be a much bigger factor in RtR. For me personally, I just win most of my draft pools off of UW flyers with tempo cards and its usually not even close; nothing tilts a player harder when you point out that a Runewing did 20 points of damage.


You mentioned that before, I have never seen it happen personally. Drawing dead to a Runewing, is pretty pitiful.


You'd be surprised how well Runewing acts like a Stab Wound in terms of card economy for certain people. The two times I have done it is mostly against Rakdos decks that don't really interact with flyers.
Get it by your hands...
Prev 1 262 263 264 265 266 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 121
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3906
Mong 80
sorry 34
ToSsGirL 11
Noble 10
Icarus 8
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Other Games
summit1g7957
WinterStarcraft609
C9.Mang0264
Sick156
ceh923
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 41
• StrangeGG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2265
League of Legends
• Lourlo1032
• Stunt426
Other Games
• Shiphtur531
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 44m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.