• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:37
CEST 01:37
KST 08:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13389 users

World of Tanks - Page 38

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 69 Next
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
May 09 2013 16:21 GMT
#741
On May 09 2013 22:16 Zealos wrote:
The report system in this game is fucking retarded LOL.
Some guy was annoyed at me for taking a kill, so rammed into my tank over and over till he killed myself, and now my account is banned for a day because he reported me for teamkilling.

Woooooooooow. That's what happens when you don't screen reports well I guess? Damn that sucks lmao
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
May 09 2013 16:22 GMT
#742
Yep, that's the map I was referring to. Never seen the bottom team win on that one.
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
May 09 2013 17:26 GMT
#743
On May 10 2013 01:22 Lucumo wrote:
Yep, that's the map I was referring to. Never seen the bottom team win on that one.


Ya.. Also you onehit alot of heavies in big arties since you penetrate pretty often in their sides, whereas the south arties only can hit the front of tanks. It's a really bad map, in all gamemodes, every single time.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
May 09 2013 17:30 GMT
#744
Yeah I hit that map for the first time last night. Definitely new coming from a beta player. Don't like it. Feels like it belongs in a Battlefield game, not WoT. Something about it.

I wish you could narrow down the map selection somehow. There are maps I find way more fun when I'm in the mood to play light (esp. low tier) and there's others I find more fun when I'm in the mood for a strategic, long-ranged game. And if I get either of the other when I'm NOT ready for it, it's frustrating.

Not implying I'd select maps based on the tank I'm playing, to clarify. More of just what I'm in the mood for on any given day lol.
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
May 09 2013 17:51 GMT
#745
On May 10 2013 02:30 Duka08 wrote:
Yeah I hit that map for the first time last night. Definitely new coming from a beta player. Don't like it. Feels like it belongs in a Battlefield game, not WoT. Something about it.

I wish you could narrow down the map selection somehow. There are maps I find way more fun when I'm in the mood to play light (esp. low tier) and there's others I find more fun when I'm in the mood for a strategic, long-ranged game. And if I get either of the other when I'm NOT ready for it, it's frustrating.

Not implying I'd select maps based on the tank I'm playing, to clarify. More of just what I'm in the mood for on any given day lol.


Iirc, if you play in platoon, you can exclude maps for certain gamemodes, something like that? Not 100% sure how it worked, but you can exclude maps somehow.
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
May 09 2013 18:12 GMT
#746
Would be nice to do that even if you play alone. Malinovka is fine, except in that mode. El Halluf is awul, worst map imo. My favorites are the town maps.
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
May 09 2013 18:20 GMT
#747
On May 10 2013 03:12 Lucumo wrote:
Would be nice to do that even if you play alone. Malinovka is fine, except in that mode. El Halluf is awul, worst map imo. My favorites are the town maps.


Since i play a good amount of arty, Ruinberg is my nemesis. :D

I actually like El Halluf, especially in an arty or my E-75. Its over fast most of the times, that's a good thing. ^^
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
May 09 2013 18:32 GMT
#748
That map is fine, imo. Himmelsdorf is definitely worse for arties ^^

90% of the time I play a "scout" there because the other tanks are 2T+ higher. So it's over fast for me as well
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
May 09 2013 18:45 GMT
#749
I actually meant Himmelsdorf. i played way to much LoL in the last time. -.-

Arevall
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden1133 Posts
May 09 2013 19:50 GMT
#750
I created the channel 'Teamliquid' on EU-1, would be nice to have some sensible people to chat with every now and then!
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
May 09 2013 22:13 GMT
#751
Hm, what about maphacks? Some arty killed me(arty) even though no one spotted me(fairly sure). Then he wrote "blind shot XD" which I kinda doubt.
Ottoxlol
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
735 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-09 22:45:34
May 09 2013 22:42 GMT
#752
you can only turn off encounter and assault mode in the settings. it would be nice if we could veto a couple of maps, fuck playing malinovka redshire elhalluf sandriver with heavies or himmelsdorf with arties. developers said they are thinking about it, probably we will get one veto sometime but its not a priority so not this year probably.

On May 10 2013 07:13 Lucumo wrote:
Hm, what about maphacks? Some arty killed me(arty) even though no one spotted me(fairly sure). Then he wrote "blind shot XD" which I kinda doubt.


there is no known maphack that would do that. yes, ppl do blind shots, did you shoot? with arty you have to move after every shot because the enemy can see your trace
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
May 09 2013 22:46 GMT
#753
On May 10 2013 07:42 Ottoxlol wrote:
you can only turn off encounter and assault mode in the settings. it would be nice if we could veto a couple of maps, fuck playing malinovka redshire elhalluf sandriver with heavies or himmelsdorf with arties. developers said they are thinking about it, probably we will get one veto sometime but its not a priority so not this year probably.

Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 07:13 Lucumo wrote:
Hm, what about maphacks? Some arty killed me(arty) even though no one spotted me(fairly sure). Then he wrote "blind shot XD" which I kinda doubt.


there is no known maphack that would do that. yes, ppl do blind shots, did you shoot? with arty you have to move after every shot because the enemy can see your trace

What trace? You mean like smoke or something?
Ottoxlol
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
735 Posts
May 09 2013 23:24 GMT
#754
On May 10 2013 07:46 Lucumo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 07:42 Ottoxlol wrote:
you can only turn off encounter and assault mode in the settings. it would be nice if we could veto a couple of maps, fuck playing malinovka redshire elhalluf sandriver with heavies or himmelsdorf with arties. developers said they are thinking about it, probably we will get one veto sometime but its not a priority so not this year probably.

On May 10 2013 07:13 Lucumo wrote:
Hm, what about maphacks? Some arty killed me(arty) even though no one spotted me(fairly sure). Then he wrote "blind shot XD" which I kinda doubt.


there is no known maphack that would do that. yes, ppl do blind shots, did you shoot? with arty you have to move after every shot because the enemy can see your trace

What trace? You mean like smoke or something?


Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
May 09 2013 23:50 GMT
#755
OK, so no smoke from the cannon but the bullet itself. Makes sense. Guess he was lucky that he looked at that spot(normally, no one is ever there). Thank you.
bobbob
Profile Joined December 2009
United States368 Posts
May 10 2013 00:17 GMT
#756
Also if you knock down trees, fences, destroy any terrain, it's visible from across the map.
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-10 05:10:35
May 10 2013 05:09 GMT
#757
On May 10 2013 08:50 Lucumo wrote:
OK, so no smoke from the cannon but the bullet itself. Makes sense. Guess he was lucky that he looked at that spot(normally, no one is ever there). Thank you.


If you shot more than once, he can actually "track you down" on your tracers. Blind shot in this case is not neccessarily a "guessing shot" but just a shot without vision.

Happens quite often, especially against arty. In beta that was a meta game, playing "counter-arty". Hunting down tracers and not getting killed yourself. ^^

Edit: i'm fairly sure that there are no real cheats. Bots and Hitboxskins, yes - but no maphacks or something like that. At least it does not feel like it, never had the vibe that someone was cheating that way.
v1
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Estonia814 Posts
May 10 2013 06:29 GMT
#758
On May 10 2013 02:51 m4inbrain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 02:30 Duka08 wrote:
Yeah I hit that map for the first time last night. Definitely new coming from a beta player. Don't like it. Feels like it belongs in a Battlefield game, not WoT. Something about it.

I wish you could narrow down the map selection somehow. There are maps I find way more fun when I'm in the mood to play light (esp. low tier) and there's others I find more fun when I'm in the mood for a strategic, long-ranged game. And if I get either of the other when I'm NOT ready for it, it's frustrating.

Not implying I'd select maps based on the tank I'm playing, to clarify. More of just what I'm in the mood for on any given day lol.


Iirc, if you play in platoon, you can exclude maps for certain gamemodes, something like that? Not 100% sure how it worked, but you can exclude maps somehow.


You are almost right - you can exclude only gamemodes, but not the maps, unfortunately. There is an option in the Settings menu - works for solo and for platoons, if you are the leader.
Graphics
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
May 10 2013 10:18 GMT
#759
On May 10 2013 15:29 v1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 02:51 m4inbrain wrote:
On May 10 2013 02:30 Duka08 wrote:
Yeah I hit that map for the first time last night. Definitely new coming from a beta player. Don't like it. Feels like it belongs in a Battlefield game, not WoT. Something about it.

I wish you could narrow down the map selection somehow. There are maps I find way more fun when I'm in the mood to play light (esp. low tier) and there's others I find more fun when I'm in the mood for a strategic, long-ranged game. And if I get either of the other when I'm NOT ready for it, it's frustrating.

Not implying I'd select maps based on the tank I'm playing, to clarify. More of just what I'm in the mood for on any given day lol.


Iirc, if you play in platoon, you can exclude maps for certain gamemodes, something like that? Not 100% sure how it worked, but you can exclude maps somehow.


You are almost right - you can exclude only gamemodes, but not the maps, unfortunately. There is an option in the Settings menu - works for solo and for platoons, if you are the leader.


Okay, my mistake - never used that feature so i misunderstood it. Too bad. :<
Broetchenholer
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1967 Posts
May 10 2013 11:57 GMT
#760
I am now sitting in my T34 and am overwhelmed by joy and constant pain :D As far as i understand it, i should never go into a heads-on fight with Tier 5 tanks, as i am not gonna win them. So, staying behind the main line and damaging everything is the best choice. I am bad at this, but i will learn. But how am i playing on maps like Mountain pass or Ensk? When there are only small choke points?
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings56
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta13
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O129
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9308
Artosis 651
GuemChi 208
ZZZero.O 129
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm226
monkeys_forever0
League of Legends
Doublelift6195
JimRising 382
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe41
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4084
Other Games
FrodaN2241
Liquid`RaSZi1936
Livibee411
C9.Mang0402
Maynarde159
Mew2King42
ArmadaUGS35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1163
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 130
• musti20045 35
• Sammyuel 30
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1461
• Scarra1171
• Shiphtur628
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 23m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.