• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:43
CEST 18:43
KST 01:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6404 users

Minecraft thread - Page 9

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 60 Next
shindigs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4795 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-12 01:34:30
August 12 2010 01:20 GMT
#161
On August 12 2010 08:31 Justifer wrote:
it looks really cool, but it seems like it is pretty complicated also. :\


Definitely not beyond your comprehension. There are plenty of guides to get you started, and after building your own fort and getting your first pickaxe, you can figure out the rest yourself if you'd like. You can always turn off monsters if you just want to explore as well.

EDIT: I uploaded some beginner guides on getting started/changing textures etc. The beginners guide is very basic, but essentially it follows through with links to the wikis. The map cartographer stuff is neat but unnecessary.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Use the crafting guide to work your way through what you need at a given moment.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


If you're interested in changing textures, here's a guide:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Finally, a great guide of some buildings you can set out to build.
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14998


I may upload more complex ones, but this is all great stuff to help get you started.
Photographer@shindags || twitch.tv/shindigs
510Sushi
Profile Joined October 2008
Azerbaijan331 Posts
August 12 2010 03:07 GMT
#162
ugg im lost and cant get home this sucks. if I wasnt carrying 10 pieces of pork and 6 iron ores i would kill myself but i do.....dam
i am the ghote
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
August 12 2010 11:10 GMT
#163
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
Polarn
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway96 Posts
August 13 2010 06:13 GMT
#164
On August 12 2010 10:20 shindigs wrote:
If you're interested in changing textures, here's a guide:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Can you change the size of the actual .png without the game making a fuzz about it?
ABC // ÆØÅ
Uriel_SVK
Profile Joined April 2010
Slovakia427 Posts
August 13 2010 07:26 GMT
#165
Looks like there will be inventory/chest saving patch next week
+ Show Spoiler +
http://twitter.com/xnotch


Hope they will add creeps into multiplayer soon too.
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
August 13 2010 08:06 GMT
#166
On August 13 2010 16:26 Uriel_SVK wrote:
Looks like there will be inventory/chest saving patch next week
+ Show Spoiler +
http://twitter.com/xnotch


Hope they will add creeps into multiplayer soon too.


Is that the developer? Oh, then it is the one who ditched the Wurm Online project after a few years. No wonder the games are similar.
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
Kezzer
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1268 Posts
August 13 2010 16:47 GMT
#167
Good news. Despite no Friday patch, listen to this awesome news:

Blah, I failed the Friday update.

There won’t be a Friday update today, because I bit off more than I could chew.

I think I got started with the coding too late in the day. It’s 5 pm now, and I have nothing at all implemented. My first attempt was to do biomes, but that ended up being very slow and very bad (sudden wall of snow for no reason!).
Then I tried doing monster villages, which turned out to be much more complex than I thought. Like seriously a lot more complicated..

Bleh!

The base code I wrote for biomes is definitely usable, but I need to speed it up (easily done), and make it much more intuitive to the player what the current temperature is or so. I could either do a simple postprocessing effect where cold areas have a cool tint (blue), and hot areas have a warm (red) tint, or play around with fog density and color. Or possibly particle effects..

For villages, I need to come up with something clever. It would be great to have small huts with roads and so, but doing that procedurally in streaming terrain is far from trivial, heh.
shindigs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4795 Posts
August 13 2010 19:26 GMT
#168
On August 13 2010 15:13 Polarn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2010 10:20 shindigs wrote:
If you're interested in changing textures, here's a guide:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Can you change the size of the actual .png without the game making a fuzz about it?


I do not believe so. You just gotta open up that tiny ass .png in photoshop and zoom up to edit or something.


Photographer@shindags || twitch.tv/shindigs
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
August 13 2010 20:21 GMT
#169
How do you throw away items? I seem to have a lot of bedrock from accidentally mining rock with a hoe.
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
sleeepy
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada777 Posts
August 13 2010 20:40 GMT
#170
Q by default. Tossed items disappear in a few minutes.
Shatter
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1401 Posts
August 13 2010 21:42 GMT
#171
On August 14 2010 01:47 Kezzer wrote:
Good news. Despite no Friday patch, listen to this awesome news:

Show nested quote +
Blah, I failed the Friday update.

There won’t be a Friday update today, because I bit off more than I could chew.

I think I got started with the coding too late in the day. It’s 5 pm now, and I have nothing at all implemented. My first attempt was to do biomes, but that ended up being very slow and very bad (sudden wall of snow for no reason!).
Then I tried doing monster villages, which turned out to be much more complex than I thought. Like seriously a lot more complicated..

Bleh!

The base code I wrote for biomes is definitely usable, but I need to speed it up (easily done), and make it much more intuitive to the player what the current temperature is or so. I could either do a simple postprocessing effect where cold areas have a cool tint (blue), and hot areas have a warm (red) tint, or play around with fog density and color. Or possibly particle effects..

For villages, I need to come up with something clever. It would be great to have small huts with roads and so, but doing that procedurally in streaming terrain is far from trivial, heh.
Monster villages sound so awesome. I can just imagine climbing over a mountain and see a monster village on the other side.
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
August 14 2010 17:00 GMT
#172
Just bought this game. The server on the OP doesn't work...so is it down or they have another TL.net server?
Airsick
Profile Joined March 2010
United States134 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-14 18:40:16
August 14 2010 18:39 GMT
#173
I just finished building my mega dome, now I've got to place torches everywhere so masses of enemies don't take over. The base circle has a diameter of 45 blocks!
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Kezzer
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1268 Posts
August 14 2010 21:21 GMT
#174
On August 15 2010 03:39 Airsick wrote:
I just finished building my mega dome, now I've got to place torches everywhere so masses of enemies don't take over. The base circle has a diameter of 45 blocks!
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Wow that's awesome. There was something on the forums like this,except with no light so it was like a battle arena
Kreydon
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany11 Posts
August 14 2010 21:33 GMT
#175
On July 31 2010 01:41 QuasiMachina wrote:
Here is a gallery of stuff people have made in-game.

Those people seem obsessed with making 2D images in a 3D engine. Weird.

There's a bunch of cool minecraft videos on YouTube though. I guess that'll keep me occupied for a while.


On August 02 2010 18:35 randombum wrote:
A better one would be, did you ever win in Sims?

I have a strong opinion on this one. The only way to win is not to play. -_-
I wish I had some formaldehyde.
Uriel_SVK
Profile Joined April 2010
Slovakia427 Posts
August 14 2010 21:40 GMT
#176
On August 15 2010 02:00 Whole wrote:
Just bought this game. The server on the OP doesn't work...so is it down or they have another TL.net server?

Not working for me either. My advice is to try singleplayer first. It is much more fun with day/night cycle and monsters.
Or you can chose server from http://servers.minecraftforum.net/
Zhou
Profile Joined February 2009
United States832 Posts
August 15 2010 01:33 GMT
#177
I don't think he ever put it back up, so you're better of just sticking to that link above this post for now.
Asdkmoga
Profile Joined May 2010
United States496 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-15 12:17:47
August 15 2010 11:38 GMT
#178
edit : nvm got it, started playing now :D
"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action and over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some shit."
Glull
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Germany404 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-15 12:28:53
August 15 2010 12:03 GMT
#179
you currently need paypal to buy the game - the information you insert is just for creating your account, you can also just register and buy later, but you will not be able to play the recent (best) versions of the game until you purchase.
10 euros is about 13 dollars. the price will increase by 50% very soon, so buy it asap :p

edit yay
Asdkmoga
Profile Joined May 2010
United States496 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-15 13:21:49
August 15 2010 12:57 GMT
#180
lol first night, didnt know u could turn wood into 4 blocks of wooden blocks, so build my house out of 20 wood from trees, lol spent the next day taking it down, and turning it into a bigger, wooden block house, and went mining at night, and archers killed me lol

edit: so apparently archers come to kill you every night D:, and nights are just as long as days? D:
"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action and over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some shit."
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM524
TaKeTV 189
IndyStarCraft 95
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1860
RotterdaM 524
ByuN 231
MaxPax 99
IndyStarCraft 95
BRAT_OK 73
UpATreeSC 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3733
Shuttle 881
Stork 372
Mini 324
Rush 298
EffOrt 294
Horang2 244
actioN 240
Mind 155
Mong 110
[ Show more ]
910 82
hero 64
Zeus 63
Dewaltoss 62
Snow 54
Barracks 49
Shinee 46
JYJ 37
sorry 29
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 23
HiyA 23
Killer 19
Terrorterran 17
Sexy 15
zelot 10
Sacsri 9
scan(afreeca) 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5779
qojqva2637
Counter-Strike
fl0m4518
Fnx 690
Other Games
singsing2359
Beastyqt599
ceh9480
Hui .220
XaKoH 154
Trikslyr73
QueenE51
Chillindude24
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV175
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 33
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur268
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 17m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
18h 17m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.