• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:59
CEST 22:59
KST 05:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8661 users

Most overpowered unit in a game??/ - Page 77

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 75 76 77
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
July 28 2012 01:31 GMT
#1521
On July 28 2012 10:10 Ldawg wrote:
I stick by my opinion on Orlandu. For anyone not familiar with Orlandu from FFT (Final Fantasy Tactics on PSX), if you truly want to understand the magnitude of his impact on the game, do the following:

1)Play through the game, without cheats, taking note of difficulty pre-Orlandu.

There will be at least a few points that will have you wanting to throw something across your room. Many battles require a precise strategy, and will need to be tried multiple times before winning. I specifically remember one scenario where the goal is to protect a set of twins that are controlled by the AI. However, the AI chose to move one of the twins right next to the enemy, who happened to have a one-shot kill ability. Twin would die, game would end, and I would start over. I had to repeat this cycle TWENTY ONE times before the damn AI would not suicide right into the enemy. Keep in mind this was on the PSX, so no save states. I had to go through all of the loading screens and loading the game from memory each time. OK, now I want to throw something just thinking about it.

However, don't let this scare you away from this great game because...

2)Once you obtain Orlandu in your party, note how stupidly simple the game becomes. It is as if the difficulty lowers from adult level to six year old.

It's as if the developers decided that if the poor soul that endured such difficulty and stupidity from the AI, they should be rewarded with an auto-win through the rest. Unfortunately, the pendulum swung from "infuriatingly difficulty" to "lose interest boring" for me once I got ol' T.G. Cid (Orlandu).


Play through final fantasy tactics 1.3 once and you'll never lose a vanilla battle again . Original tactics was pretty easy even pre-orlandu. You could just out level the battle if you had too much trouble. Also calculators were OP.

But yeah, orlandu is a badass.
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
Ldawg
Profile Joined December 2011
United States328 Posts
July 28 2012 01:44 GMT
#1522
On July 28 2012 10:31 PanN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2012 10:10 Ldawg wrote:
I stick by my opinion on Orlandu. For anyone not familiar with Orlandu from FFT (Final Fantasy Tactics on PSX), if you truly want to understand the magnitude of his impact on the game, do the following:

1)Play through the game, without cheats, taking note of difficulty pre-Orlandu.

There will be at least a few points that will have you wanting to throw something across your room. Many battles require a precise strategy, and will need to be tried multiple times before winning. I specifically remember one scenario where the goal is to protect a set of twins that are controlled by the AI. However, the AI chose to move one of the twins right next to the enemy, who happened to have a one-shot kill ability. Twin would die, game would end, and I would start over. I had to repeat this cycle TWENTY ONE times before the damn AI would not suicide right into the enemy. Keep in mind this was on the PSX, so no save states. I had to go through all of the loading screens and loading the game from memory each time. OK, now I want to throw something just thinking about it.

However, don't let this scare you away from this great game because...

2)Once you obtain Orlandu in your party, note how stupidly simple the game becomes. It is as if the difficulty lowers from adult level to six year old.

It's as if the developers decided that if the poor soul that endured such difficulty and stupidity from the AI, they should be rewarded with an auto-win through the rest. Unfortunately, the pendulum swung from "infuriatingly difficulty" to "lose interest boring" for me once I got ol' T.G. Cid (Orlandu).


Play through final fantasy tactics 1.3 once and you'll never lose a vanilla battle again . Original tactics was pretty easy even pre-orlandu. You could just out level the battle if you had too much trouble. Also calculators were OP.

But yeah, orlandu is a badass.


Bare in mind, I am referring to my perspective as well as others who play through the first time unassisted. There were a few points in the game where you could get steamrolled, and then it was back to the super grind to level up a ton so you could stand a chance. I don't find the game difficult now, but that is considering I know all of the work arounds, even if you can still fall victim to the stupidity of the AI once in a while.

I totally forgot about Calculators! Yea with all of their skills, they were retardedly OP as well. I was always too lazy to get them so I just had 4 fully upgraded Lancers and Orlandu. Now that I think about it, I probably could have just used Orlandu lol.

I know they released a FFT for the GBA, is that what you are referring to? I dont believe I have ever heard of FFT 1.3.
"Terran so...ice cream!" MKP/MC at HSC IV
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
July 28 2012 01:48 GMT
#1523
That one alien supership in Earth 2160. Could pretty much instahit everything.
kiss kiss fall in love
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-28 02:18:02
July 28 2012 02:17 GMT
#1524
On July 28 2012 10:44 Ldawg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2012 10:31 PanN wrote:
On July 28 2012 10:10 Ldawg wrote:
I stick by my opinion on Orlandu. For anyone not familiar with Orlandu from FFT (Final Fantasy Tactics on PSX), if you truly want to understand the magnitude of his impact on the game, do the following:

1)Play through the game, without cheats, taking note of difficulty pre-Orlandu.

There will be at least a few points that will have you wanting to throw something across your room. Many battles require a precise strategy, and will need to be tried multiple times before winning. I specifically remember one scenario where the goal is to protect a set of twins that are controlled by the AI. However, the AI chose to move one of the twins right next to the enemy, who happened to have a one-shot kill ability. Twin would die, game would end, and I would start over. I had to repeat this cycle TWENTY ONE times before the damn AI would not suicide right into the enemy. Keep in mind this was on the PSX, so no save states. I had to go through all of the loading screens and loading the game from memory each time. OK, now I want to throw something just thinking about it.

However, don't let this scare you away from this great game because...

2)Once you obtain Orlandu in your party, note how stupidly simple the game becomes. It is as if the difficulty lowers from adult level to six year old.

It's as if the developers decided that if the poor soul that endured such difficulty and stupidity from the AI, they should be rewarded with an auto-win through the rest. Unfortunately, the pendulum swung from "infuriatingly difficulty" to "lose interest boring" for me once I got ol' T.G. Cid (Orlandu).


Play through final fantasy tactics 1.3 once and you'll never lose a vanilla battle again . Original tactics was pretty easy even pre-orlandu. You could just out level the battle if you had too much trouble. Also calculators were OP.

But yeah, orlandu is a badass.


Bare in mind, I am referring to my perspective as well as others who play through the first time unassisted. There were a few points in the game where you could get steamrolled, and then it was back to the super grind to level up a ton so you could stand a chance. I don't find the game difficult now, but that is considering I know all of the work arounds, even if you can still fall victim to the stupidity of the AI once in a while.

I totally forgot about Calculators! Yea with all of their skills, they were retardedly OP as well. I was always too lazy to get them so I just had 4 fully upgraded Lancers and Orlandu. Now that I think about it, I probably could have just used Orlandu lol.

I know they released a FFT for the GBA, is that what you are referring to? I dont believe I have ever heard of FFT 1.3.


1.3 is a difficulty rebalancing mod for final fantasy tactics. It's fucking amazing and I would never play without it again.

http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/forum/13-final-fantasy-tactics-13/

Thats the website that works on it, I've known and helped them (or parts of them rather) for a long time now. The project is STILL being worked on, although they've been slow with it lately.

It adds a LOT of new items, a LOT of new abilities, changes classes, changes how battles work etc its really a blast.

If you ever want help setting it up or something just msg me on here, its not that difficult once you get the hang of it.

But yeah, you'll reset a lot in this, very very difficult but so so fun.
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
July 28 2012 02:20 GMT
#1525
in wc3: lvl 6 archmage
☺
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
July 28 2012 02:26 GMT
#1526
[image loading]

Yeah, you know what this is.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
AssyrianKing
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia2121 Posts
July 28 2012 02:34 GMT
#1527
LuBu in Dynasty Warriors
John 15:13
Prev 1 75 76 77
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub334
RuFF_SC2 177
SteadfastSC 147
Nina 91
Nathanias 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2427
Shuttle 439
Mind 71
910 60
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
Fnx 735
Super Smash Bros
PPMD12
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu942
Other Games
summit1g6478
Grubby2583
shahzam590
ToD269
C9.Mang0198
UpATreeSC60
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 84
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 35
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21039
League of Legends
• TFBlade551
Other Games
• imaqtpie849
• Shiphtur362
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 1m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 1m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.