• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:14
CEST 21:14
KST 04:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8391 users

New Pokemon Games: Black & White - Page 24

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 96 Next
DreamScaR
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Canada2127 Posts
March 08 2011 00:09 GMT
#461
So I'm at these ruins right now, I think I've already spent 30 minutes making sure I cover every area of it. I've run into the most uniquely ugly pokemon I think I have ever seen. Sigilyph, though I have the feeling he'll take over for my Carebear (woobat)
~ Aka ItsWoodrow on Twitter
Jaso
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2147 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-08 00:54:04
March 08 2011 00:22 GMT
#462
On March 08 2011 08:21 Daiki wrote:
interesting features.. Ill play it when the US roms are out


The ROMs are out..


If the mods feel that this is encouraging piracy, feel free to remove.

@above:
http://imgur.com/Bm70Q

mod edit: removed link
derp
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
March 08 2011 00:41 GMT
#463
On March 08 2011 08:09 Torte de Lini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2011 08:09 Zzoram wrote:
It's not worth waiting 2 years for a 3DS revision. Unlike the original DS fat and ugly, the first revision 3DS looks way better since it's modeled after the DSi.

It just makes no sense to buy a DS now when you could buy a 3DS and have a handheld that's roughly the same size and shape, but more powerful and compatible with both older and newer games.


and a fuckload less battery life.

And about $150 more.
KaiserReinhard
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States554 Posts
March 08 2011 01:04 GMT
#464
Anyone else think the encounter rate is way too high? I'm often getting into battles every 4 or 5 steps and it's annoying as shit.
twitch.tv/imkirok
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
March 08 2011 01:06 GMT
#465
On March 08 2011 10:04 KaiserReinhard wrote:
Anyone else think the encounter rate is way too high? I'm often getting into battles every 4 or 5 steps and it's annoying as shit.


Certain pokemon have abilities that increase the encounter rate. Check to see if any in your party have those abilities.
DreamScaR
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Canada2127 Posts
March 08 2011 01:07 GMT
#466
On March 08 2011 10:04 KaiserReinhard wrote:
Anyone else think the encounter rate is way too high? I'm often getting into battles every 4 or 5 steps and it's annoying as shit.

I'm finding it really random, there are times when I can go like 100 steps with nothing and then have what you just mentioned. If there's one awesome thing to take note of, it's how fast the battles are in this game (even more if you change the text rate to fast)
~ Aka ItsWoodrow on Twitter
Mashes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada441 Posts
March 08 2011 01:07 GMT
#467
These starters are all terrible >_>. Dumped my by the 3rd gym.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery"
Jaso
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2147 Posts
March 08 2011 01:08 GMT
#468
On March 08 2011 10:04 KaiserReinhard wrote:
Anyone else think the encounter rate is way too high? I'm often getting into battles every 4 or 5 steps and it's annoying as shit.


Repelz are your friend?

And although I haven't really played much yet (just got past two gyms) I don't remember having a ridiculous encounter rate.
derp
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 08 2011 01:08 GMT
#469
On March 08 2011 10:07 DreamScaR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2011 10:04 KaiserReinhard wrote:
Anyone else think the encounter rate is way too high? I'm often getting into battles every 4 or 5 steps and it's annoying as shit.

I'm finding it really random, there are times when I can go like 100 steps with nothing and then have what you just mentioned. If there's one awesome thing to take note of, it's how fast the battles are in this game (even more if you change the text rate to fast)


It seems that they removed that thing where the encounter rate was lowered when you're walking. Because even when walking I get a lot of encounters.

Not that I really care though. I'm the kinda guy who has like 99 Max Repels at any given time. B)
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
DreamScaR
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Canada2127 Posts
March 08 2011 01:10 GMT
#470
I have to say, it's also really upsetting having to wait until March 30th to gain access to Dream Land.
~ Aka ItsWoodrow on Twitter
TALegion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1187 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-08 01:13:21
March 08 2011 01:11 GMT
#471
On March 08 2011 10:07 Mashes wrote:
These starters are all terrible >_>. Dumped my by the 3rd gym.

Same actually.
I here that the fire is good, but the grass and water (in my experience) were just terrible.


On March 08 2011 09:09 DreamScaR wrote:
So I'm at these ruins right now, I think I've already spent 30 minutes making sure I cover every area of it. I've run into the most uniquely ugly pokemon I think I have ever seen. Sigilyph, though I have the feeling he'll take over for my Carebear (woobat)

I never used one, but after battling with him A LOT, I'll say that he's a pretty good special attacker.
I get PISSED whenever I have to fight him, cause my only things that can beat him are a dark type (who's also fighting) and a bug type (who, with his other grass type, but WRECKED by his air slashes)
A person willing to die for a cause is a hero. A person willing to kill for a cause is a madman
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 08 2011 01:13 GMT
#472
On March 08 2011 10:10 DreamScaR wrote:
I have to say, it's also really upsetting having to wait until March 30th to gain access to Dream Land.


It also sucks having a router with WPA encryption, while playing on a DS Lite. I guess I have to come up with $250 so I can get a 3DS.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Jaso
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2147 Posts
March 08 2011 01:15 GMT
#473
On March 08 2011 10:13 Ferrose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2011 10:10 DreamScaR wrote:
I have to say, it's also really upsetting having to wait until March 30th to gain access to Dream Land.


It also sucks having a router with WPA encryption, while playing on a DS Lite. I guess I have to come up with $250 so I can get a 3DS.


If you have a Windows 7 laptop, you can use Connectify to set up your laptop to relay the connection with either WEP or no encryption. ^^
derp
Mashes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada441 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-08 01:23:21
March 08 2011 01:23 GMT
#474
On March 08 2011 10:11 TALegion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2011 10:07 Mashes wrote:
These starters are all terrible >_>. Dumped my by the 3rd gym.

Same actually.
I here that the fire is good, but the grass and water (in my experience) were just terrible.


I fire starter has pretty amazing Attack and HP stats, but slow as hell. And counters to Fire/Fighting are so common, it's a pretty substandard pokemon. It's only real use comes from it's DW ability.

"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery"
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-08 01:27:17
March 08 2011 01:26 GMT
#475
I set my internet connection to WEP.

I love how my pokemon look, but I feel they suck giant balls. I was going to catch a Nuuma, but I have two pokemon that I absolutely despise. That electric zebra dies if a pin drops on her and this green-ass monkey who I just saw through a random encounter now (so I guess it isn't a unique one-of-a-kind pokemon, so I'll dump it soon) has all shitty moves (it just learned bite after it realized the vine whip is garbage)

Bring Infernape (moar like INFERRAPE!)

I just hate catching new ones, because then I have to retrain them ):

Beat the second gym leader thanks to leech seed. I own Team Plasma and as I am walking home from the stupid barrage of Team Plasma patrats, a trainer spots me, and kills my only pokemon who had like 10 HP. What a load of balls, I save the museum from losing a rare fossil, they don't escort me back to town safely and this optimistic bitch is like: "Hey, I like my cute pokemon, fight me because they're cute"

No bitch, I'm almost dead here, I just fought an evil organization with 3 Pokemon, let me heal them, this isn't a fair battle.

She's all "Nah, I'mma take half of your money asshole"
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
March 08 2011 01:37 GMT
#476
Water is really the only usable starter, and it's not really anything groundbreaking either. Just another bulky Water.

Also I heard a lot of good things about the Pan- monkeys but so far it's just been a big pile of crap... probably ditching that too T_T
Tenshik
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
124 Posts
March 08 2011 01:45 GMT
#477
On March 08 2011 10:11 TALegion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2011 10:07 Mashes wrote:
These starters are all terrible >_>. Dumped my by the 3rd gym.

Same actually.
I here that the fire is good, but the grass and water (in my experience) were just terrible.


Show nested quote +
On March 08 2011 09:09 DreamScaR wrote:
So I'm at these ruins right now, I think I've already spent 30 minutes making sure I cover every area of it. I've run into the most uniquely ugly pokemon I think I have ever seen. Sigilyph, though I have the feeling he'll take over for my Carebear (woobat)

I never used one, but after battling with him A LOT, I'll say that he's a pretty good special attacker.
I get PISSED whenever I have to fight him, cause my only things that can beat him are a dark type (who's also fighting) and a bug type (who, with his other grass type, but WRECKED by his air slashes)

Really, my water starter oneshots everything that isn't protected against water. Razor shell is so sick.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
March 08 2011 02:14 GMT
#478
On March 08 2011 10:15 Jaso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2011 10:13 Ferrose wrote:
On March 08 2011 10:10 DreamScaR wrote:
I have to say, it's also really upsetting having to wait until March 30th to gain access to Dream Land.


It also sucks having a router with WPA encryption, while playing on a DS Lite. I guess I have to come up with $250 so I can get a 3DS.


If you have a Windows 7 laptop, you can use Connectify to set up your laptop to relay the connection with either WEP or no encryption. ^^


How? I'd love to know how. :D
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Jaso
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2147 Posts
March 08 2011 02:21 GMT
#479
On March 08 2011 11:14 Ferrose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2011 10:15 Jaso wrote:
On March 08 2011 10:13 Ferrose wrote:
On March 08 2011 10:10 DreamScaR wrote:
I have to say, it's also really upsetting having to wait until March 30th to gain access to Dream Land.


It also sucks having a router with WPA encryption, while playing on a DS Lite. I guess I have to come up with $250 so I can get a 3DS.


If you have a Windows 7 laptop, you can use Connectify to set up your laptop to relay the connection with either WEP or no encryption. ^^


How? I'd love to know how. :D


http://www.connectify.me/

Download and install that; then set it up (pretty easy) using either the wizard or manually and you're good to go :D.
derp
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
March 08 2011 02:59 GMT
#480
On March 08 2011 10:37 Kyuukyuu wrote:
Water is really the only usable starter, and it's not really anything groundbreaking either. Just another bulky Water.

Also I heard a lot of good things about the Pan- monkeys but so far it's just been a big pile of crap... probably ditching that too T_T

Yeah, the fire monkey seems pretty awful. -_-
Moderator。◕‿◕。
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 96 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 781
SteadfastSC543
EnkiAlexander 74
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 543
UpATreeSC 107
JuggernautJason56
BRAT_OK 53
ZombieGrub42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28730
Soulkey 294
Dewaltoss 117
Mini 104
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 28
Shine 19
White-Ra 3
NotJumperer 3
Dota 2
qojqva1070
Dendi1015
Counter-Strike
fl0m1400
Fnx 716
shoxiejesuss644
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King104
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2259
Liquid`Hasu896
Other Games
Grubby2453
ArmadaUGS1059
B2W.Neo671
ceh9519
byalli485
C9.Mang0167
Pyrionflax117
Chillindude79
Trikslyr48
Railgan19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• Reevou 7
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix9
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV42
League of Legends
• TFBlade1199
Other Games
• imaqtpie1096
• Scarra615
• Shiphtur303
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 46m
OSC
17h 46m
Stellar Fest
17h 46m
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 17h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.