• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:06
CEST 11:06
KST 18:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10103 users

Torchlight II - Page 78

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 76 77 78 79 80 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
October 01 2012 19:49 GMT
#1541
I've been using this with a +20 vit gem for nearly 20 levels now. I've got this as well but is it worth trading 64 points of stats for the extra armor and AS?

Seriously this sentinel's watch shield seems imba as fuck.
boomer hands
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
October 01 2012 19:49 GMT
#1542
Man, this game is quite challenging... playing an outlander, lvl 9 atm on veteran, came upon Madrox... god damn, this guy just won't go down. I use double pistols and my hits on him hit him for 5-10 damage, which is barely visible on his health bar... which is less of an issue compared to the massive amounts of enemies spawning constantly, and I don't have enough mana for my lvl 1 claive to kill them. And this is with me putting all my points so far into dexterity, so one would think damage would be my forte. I had 10 health potions, probably kited him and his minions for 10 minutes... when I died, I don't think I even got him down to 66% health.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
October 01 2012 19:50 GMT
#1543
On October 02 2012 04:49 Tobberoth wrote:
Man, this game is quite challenging... playing an outlander, lvl 9 atm on veteran, came upon Madrox... god damn, this guy just won't go down. I use double pistols and my hits on him hit him for 5-10 damage, which is barely visible on his health bar... which is less of an issue compared to the massive amounts of enemies spawning constantly, and I don't have enough mana for my lvl 1 claive to kill them. And this is with me putting all my points so far into dexterity, so one would think damage would be my forte. I had 10 health potions, probably kited him and his minions for 10 minutes... when I died, I don't think I even got him down to 66% health.

STR = Damage. DEX = Crit% and Dodge%

Might be why
boomer hands
iiTiamatii
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States73 Posts
October 01 2012 19:52 GMT
#1544
Changing difficulty actually doesn't flag you unless you go down in difficulty in hardcore. As a note it won't change the monsters that have already spawned.
CaM27
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium392 Posts
October 01 2012 19:55 GMT
#1545
Recently went through the luminous arena on elite with my outlander in one go ladies & gentleman :D (proud of myself) ^^
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
October 01 2012 20:27 GMT
#1546
On October 02 2012 04:50 seRapH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 04:49 Tobberoth wrote:
Man, this game is quite challenging... playing an outlander, lvl 9 atm on veteran, came upon Madrox... god damn, this guy just won't go down. I use double pistols and my hits on him hit him for 5-10 damage, which is barely visible on his health bar... which is less of an issue compared to the massive amounts of enemies spawning constantly, and I don't have enough mana for my lvl 1 claive to kill them. And this is with me putting all my points so far into dexterity, so one would think damage would be my forte. I had 10 health potions, probably kited him and his minions for 10 minutes... when I died, I don't think I even got him down to 66% health.

STR = Damage. DEX = Crit% and Dodge%

Might be why

You're kidding, strength improves damage with guns? That's ridiculous, and I'm ridiculous for having like.. 55 dex at lvl 9 :/
Odoakar
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia1838 Posts
October 01 2012 20:50 GMT
#1547
Am I correct to assume that Wolfshade (berserker wolf summon) is considered a minion?
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
October 01 2012 21:05 GMT
#1548
On October 02 2012 04:08 wooozy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 02:56 Odoakar wrote:
What's the system behind enchanters in dungeons, do they appear randomly or do they have fixed location? I just found a luck enchanther (+mf, +gold), but after few enchants he just disappeared.

Also, dual-wielding - whenever I equip second weapon my min damage drops significantly, but max barely changes:|


enchanter location/type is random. if you need to make them reappear, i've noticed you can just exit/re-enter the dungeon (or maybe it was leave game/enter last active portal). at least it works that way in mapworks.


There are some permanent enchanters on the map though, like the poison enchanter in Act 2. I have never not seen him there.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
October 01 2012 21:10 GMT
#1549
On October 02 2012 05:27 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 04:50 seRapH wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:49 Tobberoth wrote:
Man, this game is quite challenging... playing an outlander, lvl 9 atm on veteran, came upon Madrox... god damn, this guy just won't go down. I use double pistols and my hits on him hit him for 5-10 damage, which is barely visible on his health bar... which is less of an issue compared to the massive amounts of enemies spawning constantly, and I don't have enough mana for my lvl 1 claive to kill them. And this is with me putting all my points so far into dexterity, so one would think damage would be my forte. I had 10 health potions, probably kited him and his minions for 10 minutes... when I died, I don't think I even got him down to 66% health.

STR = Damage. DEX = Crit% and Dodge%

Might be why

You're kidding, strength improves damage with guns? That's ridiculous, and I'm ridiculous for having like.. 55 dex at lvl 9 :/


strength improves all physical damage, including weapon dps. Focus improves all magic damage, including flat physical damage on skills (skills not based on weapon dps). All magical damage includes weapons that have an elemental component, weapon dps that converts to elemental, etc etc. Some outlanders actually go all in on focus.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-01 23:28:38
October 01 2012 22:27 GMT
#1550
On October 02 2012 06:10 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 05:27 Tobberoth wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:50 seRapH wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:49 Tobberoth wrote:
Man, this game is quite challenging... playing an outlander, lvl 9 atm on veteran, came upon Madrox... god damn, this guy just won't go down. I use double pistols and my hits on him hit him for 5-10 damage, which is barely visible on his health bar... which is less of an issue compared to the massive amounts of enemies spawning constantly, and I don't have enough mana for my lvl 1 claive to kill them. And this is with me putting all my points so far into dexterity, so one would think damage would be my forte. I had 10 health potions, probably kited him and his minions for 10 minutes... when I died, I don't think I even got him down to 66% health.

STR = Damage. DEX = Crit% and Dodge%

Might be why

You're kidding, strength improves damage with guns? That's ridiculous, and I'm ridiculous for having like.. 55 dex at lvl 9 :/


strength improves all physical damage, including weapon dps. Focus improves all magic damage, including flat physical damage on skills (skills not based on weapon dps). All magical damage includes weapons that have an elemental component, weapon dps that converts to elemental, etc etc. Some outlanders actually go all in on focus.
That's not entirely accurate.

Strength increases your weapon dps, no matter what it is. 200 Strength will roughly double your weapon DPS. It also increases all critical hit damage (note that DoTs probably cannot crit).

Focus increases all skill damage, including DoT and Physical damage, but excluding weapon DPS that isn't elemental, and minion damage. It also increases all elemental damage on your weapon as well as conveyed physical damage over time.

Edit: Testing done. The bonus from Focus is only applied once if your weapon is elemental and you deal weapon elemental damage, which makes sense.
Interesting result on the side: Any bonus damage applied to your weapon from your gear is NOT influenced by strength or Focus. Bonuses listed directly on the weapon, including socketed gems, are influenced by Strength/Focus if they apply.

Also, just to clarify. If you have 200 strength and 200 focus, and your weapon has 10 ice damage, it will be increased to roughly 30, as the bonus is additive, not multiplicative. Same goes for passive skills that increase your damage by x%, such as Long Range Mastery. If you have 200 strength and rank 10 LRM, you will deal 220% weapon damage, not 240%.
RetroAspect
Profile Joined November 2011
Belgium219 Posts
October 01 2012 23:51 GMT
#1551
I have a very stupid question but i need help lol.

I went back to act 2 to do some farming but how the hell do i get back to act 3?? i dont see a travel dude in the camp, only one to get back to act 1 , and i read something about the witherways to get there but i can't find it..

Please someone point out what i am not seeing. Thx
I am what i am and thats all that i am!
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
October 02 2012 00:09 GMT
#1552
On October 02 2012 08:51 RetroAspect wrote:
I have a very stupid question but i need help lol.

I went back to act 2 to do some farming but how the hell do i get back to act 3?? i dont see a travel dude in the camp, only one to get back to act 1 , and i read something about the witherways to get there but i can't find it..

Please someone point out what i am not seeing. Thx


You take the train to Act 3. He is past the guy to travel back to act 1.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-02 00:13:08
October 02 2012 00:10 GMT
#1553
Isn't he by the tank/train outside in the wild? I remember being in a similar situation at some point, but it was a multiplayer game so I just teleported directly to my friend using the waypoint.

Edit: Or what blitzkrieg said. =)
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
October 02 2012 00:21 GMT
#1554
How are you all leveling? I have come to the realization that being a cartographer probably isn't the greatest idea in terms of efficiency ^_^ Do you just run through the main quest or do you do all the side quests as well?
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
OopsOopsBaby
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Singapore3425 Posts
October 02 2012 00:28 GMT
#1555
On October 02 2012 09:21 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
How are you all leveling? I have come to the realization that being a cartographer probably isn't the greatest idea in terms of efficiency ^_^ Do you just run through the main quest or do you do all the side quests as well?

only run maps that have buffs to u especially that 5% exp gain. i get like at least 50% of the level every run.
s3x2-2 xiao3x2+2 bone3+2+2
Gak2
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada418 Posts
October 02 2012 00:39 GMT
#1556
On October 02 2012 04:55 CaM27 wrote:
Recently went through the luminous arena on elite with my outlander in one go ladies & gentleman :D (proud of myself) ^^

HOW
Niso
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia148 Posts
October 02 2012 01:24 GMT
#1557
Changing difficulty actually doesn't flag you unless you go down in difficulty in hardcore. As a note it won't change the monsters that have already spawned.


Are you super-sure? I wanna be sure before I do it. Not that the cheater flag is that bad to me, but I would rather look legit should I ever need to. It is just that my main engi on NG+ has SP world on normal which sucks and I want it on vet or elite. LAN game is fine but it doesn't save the same way and you can't pause unfortunately.
Television version of a person
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
October 02 2012 01:40 GMT
#1558
On October 02 2012 04:49 seRapH wrote:
I've been using this with a +20 vit gem for nearly 20 levels now. I've got this as well but is it worth trading 64 points of stats for the extra armor and AS?

Seriously this sentinel's watch shield seems imba as fuck.


Attack speed and cast speed are far more valuable than 13 all stats in terms of damage output.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
October 02 2012 02:00 GMT
#1559
On October 02 2012 04:49 seRapH wrote:
I've been using this with a +20 vit gem for nearly 20 levels now. I've got this as well but is it worth trading 64 points of stats for the extra armor and AS?

Seriously this sentinel's watch shield seems imba as fuck.

20% cast speed is a great great stat, take it up quick.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
CaM27
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium392 Posts
October 02 2012 02:12 GMT
#1560
On October 02 2012 09:39 Gak2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 04:55 CaM27 wrote:
Recently went through the luminous arena on elite with my outlander in one go ladies & gentleman :D (proud of myself) ^^

HOW


My poison outlander that i level up with only FOCUS & the minimum vitality does crazy damage..i got ridden off all the mobs/mini bosses quiet easy. The tough part are the spinning blades tough..once you go through these it's GG unless you fuckup somehow later on..
Prev 1 76 77 78 79 80 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 183
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1046
Mind 902
Larva 610
ggaemo 600
Stork 329
Leta 200
Bisu 193
PianO 169
Killer 45
Hyuk 30
[ Show more ]
Bale 29
Sexy 23
yabsab 19
ZergMaN 18
sorry 13
Hm[arnc] 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe188
League of Legends
JimRising 370
Reynor101
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1150
Other Games
summit1g10263
Mew2King118
ArmadaUGS65
crisheroes26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick501
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream188
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 5243
• lizZardDota2358
League of Legends
• Stunt1232
• Jankos1047
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
54m
Online Event
1h 54m
FEL
6h 54m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.