• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:57
CEST 04:57
KST 11:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8419 users

Torchlight II - Page 25

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
September 20 2012 13:28 GMT
#481
On September 20 2012 22:27 Westy wrote:
Can someone explain the difficulties to me? I don't want it to be so difficult that I am constantly dying. But I also don't want to just 1a my way through.

I think you have to play for yourself to find out. But I bet if you've played Diablo before you should start at Veteran.
Terran
Netsky
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia1155 Posts
September 20 2012 13:31 GMT
#482
On September 20 2012 22:21 B.I.G. wrote:
Is there a possibility to switch between difficulties while playing?


When you create a character and start a new game can you select the difficulty, but you can't switch mid-game.
Netsky
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia1155 Posts
September 20 2012 13:33 GMT
#483
On September 20 2012 22:28 Caphe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2012 22:27 Westy wrote:
Can someone explain the difficulties to me? I don't want it to be so difficult that I am constantly dying. But I also don't want to just 1a my way through.

I think you have to play for yourself to find out. But I bet if you've played Diablo before you should start at Veteran.


In Torchlight 1, even the hardest difficulty "Very Hard" was still actually very easy.

I've played the Torchlight 2 beta a little and Veteran is pretty easy, Elite is significantly harder though. It's a much bigger jump than any of the other difficulty settings.

Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
September 20 2012 13:43 GMT
#484
On September 20 2012 22:31 Netsky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2012 22:21 B.I.G. wrote:
Is there a possibility to switch between difficulties while playing?


When you create a character and start a new game can you select the difficulty, but you can't switch mid-game.


But you can just play lan with your singleplayer character in elite or in general any other mode. So, doesn't really matter.
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
Westy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
England808 Posts
September 20 2012 14:08 GMT
#485
Does a higher difficulty give better gear?
DaCruise
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark2457 Posts
September 20 2012 14:10 GMT
#486
On September 20 2012 23:08 Westy wrote:
Does a higher difficulty give better gear?


No.
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
September 20 2012 15:21 GMT
#487
100 minutes till launch.
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
Trotim
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany95 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-20 15:44:28
September 20 2012 15:40 GMT
#488
Yeah if you read TL then chances are you want to pick Veteran difficulty right away. You can choose any difficulty right from the start. Loot isn't affected (because getting better loot on higher diffs would make it easier, and the items really boring on Casual for example). Veteran and above cannot resurrect on the spot (but big gold penalty) unlike Casual and Normal, only at the start of an area (lesser gold penalty) or back in town (free). Hardcore (i.e. 1 death = character gone) is a separate option you can check on any difficulty.
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
September 20 2012 15:44 GMT
#489
On September 21 2012 00:21 Steveling wrote:
100 minutes till launch.

Fuk, I though I were 3 hours away.
Will sleep for 1 hour then play the game till I go to work tomorrow
Terran
Zaqwert
Profile Joined June 2008
United States411 Posts
September 20 2012 15:59 GMT
#490
D3 could have been truly great had the old school Diablo guys been involved.

Blizzard has the size and resources to provide a game with great polish and control, as well as a somewhat secure environment.

But the now Runic Games guys understand what made Diablo1/2 fun and addictive and the ActiBlizz guys clearly didn't.
kafkaesque
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Germany2006 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-20 16:08:16
September 20 2012 16:07 GMT
#491
I really envy you guys who are able to play now.

Oh well, I suppose it will still be awesome next month, when I'll be able to afford it.
| (• ◡•)|╯ ╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
OFCORPSE
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden355 Posts
September 20 2012 16:23 GMT
#492
Almost there!
Liquor saved me from sports.
ddrddrddrddr
Profile Joined August 2010
1344 Posts
September 20 2012 16:24 GMT
#493
On September 21 2012 01:07 kafkaesque wrote:
I really envy you guys who are able to play now.

Oh well, I suppose it will still be awesome next month, when I'll be able to afford it.

But by then the rmah will be saturated
pallad
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland1958 Posts
September 20 2012 16:27 GMT
#494
On September 21 2012 01:07 kafkaesque wrote:
I really envy you guys who are able to play now.

Oh well, I suppose it will still be awesome next month, when I'll be able to afford it.


NO offence but game is only 19 euro on steam..its very cheap
SC 2 -LingsLover- EU -- Jaedong , NesTea , Nerchio , DRG , Moon , Oz , Tarson , Scarlett -- Dota 2 Pallad EU- NaVi - LGD
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
September 20 2012 16:32 GMT
#495
Just bought the game, never played it, never seen a screenshot of it or anything ^^
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Killmouse
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria5700 Posts
September 20 2012 16:42 GMT
#496
Looks like ther site is crashed
yo
shabby
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway6402 Posts
September 20 2012 16:42 GMT
#497
18 minutes until launch. Time to eat something, 'cos I won't have time later.
Jaedong, Gumibear, Leenock, Byun
shabby
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway6402 Posts
September 20 2012 16:44 GMT
#498
On September 21 2012 01:27 pallad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2012 01:07 kafkaesque wrote:
I really envy you guys who are able to play now.

Oh well, I suppose it will still be awesome next month, when I'll be able to afford it.


NO offence but game is only 19 euro on steam..its very cheap


You get TL1 also included.
Jaedong, Gumibear, Leenock, Byun
B.I.G.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3251 Posts
September 20 2012 16:49 GMT
#499
11 min gogogo
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
September 20 2012 16:50 GMT
#500
On September 21 2012 01:27 pallad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2012 01:07 kafkaesque wrote:
I really envy you guys who are able to play now.

Oh well, I suppose it will still be awesome next month, when I'll be able to afford it.


NO offence but game is only 19 euro on steam..its very cheap


cheap is relative
Kevmeister @ Dota2
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 200
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 564
NaDa 50
TT1 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g10181
JimRising 738
WinterStarcraft325
Mew2King93
ViBE93
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1354
BasetradeTV255
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream151
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 91
• davetesta42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush613
• Lourlo425
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 3m
INu's Battles
9h 3m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 3m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 3m
Replay Cast
20h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.