• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:08
CEST 21:08
KST 04:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8283 users

NBA 09-10: The Roundball Rock - Page 54

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 111 Next
tenbagger
Profile Joined October 2002
United States1289 Posts
December 28 2009 00:28 GMT
#1061
On December 28 2009 07:10 Ace wrote:
@Cyric: I can't see that link. Is there another way to check that info? I believe you but I'd have to see it myself. From seeing him play I can't call him downright terrible yet

@Tenbagger: Fully agreed on Z-Bo. Memphis is doing a whole lot better this year and I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of Zach Randolph because he's always been a monster talent. As long as it's him and not OJ Mayo getting the ball I'm happy.


http://www.nba.com/hotspots/

without the ,
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
December 28 2009 00:51 GMT
#1062
On December 28 2009 05:53 tenbagger wrote:
cyric delivers as usual. cyric and HT posts always fucking deliver.

and xeris, if you think gasol and gay are more important to memphis this year, you clearly have not been watching their games. I can see why you say that because you can draw those inferences from looking at the box score, but anyone who has watched a bunch of memphis games will agree with me.

I'm saying that from watching memphis games this year, zeebo has drastically improved every facet of his game. xeris, your counter to my point isn't any personal observation, or number crunching like cyric just did to counter my point, but rather LOL randolph.

as simmons points out, basketball is a bit different from baseball in that the numbers don't always tell the full story. I have NBA season pass and I sit down and watch basketball almost every single night and while I watch snippets of every game, I obviously flip back and forth and miss a lot. so when someone has something to add based on actual observation that is something I value and appreciate.

or you can break down the numbers like cyric did and you can add something there. my observations from watching many boston games were that rondo has a terrible outside J and cyric put in the time to prove it. xeris, by you going LOL randolph and going off your preconceived notions of him, not only are you adding absolutely nothing of substance to this conversation, you are basically belittling me and my observations based on watching his actual play.


my entire point is that I'm not about to be too quick to praise someone who has had years of a bad reputation because of a month or two of solid basketball... that's the ONLY thing I said. you got your panties all in a bunch because of that, just chill. I am not denying that he is playing very well, and Memphis has been surprisingly decent (and you seem to have missed where I said I have actually watched their games this year, since I have Gasol on my fantasy team I've started watching them from time to time)... but to start heaping praise on Randolph at this time is misguided, IMO... until we see more evidence that he really has turned a corner.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
igotmyown
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4291 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-28 01:19:12
December 28 2009 01:18 GMT
#1063
On December 28 2009 09:27 tenbagger wrote:

did you miss the part where I praised rondo's ability to get to the basket and his overall play? or how about the part where I said that his ability to get to the basket even when getting a huge cushion is absolutely amazing?

god, you can't make a post without someone being a total asshole anymore.



On December 27 2009 08:44 tenbagger wrote:
rondo arguably gets a bigger cushion than anyone else in the entire league, and he still can't knock em down. don't get me wrong, I totally agree with your assessment and even with that cushion, he still drives right past people on a regular basis. but let's not sugar coat it, the truth is his J is down right awful.


On December 27 2009 16:54 tenbagger wrote:

by that logic, the top three shooters in the league are dampier, perkins and howard.

a high FG% actually correlates strongly with poor outside shooting. sure there are some exceptions like bird and nash. but when your outside J is so awful, you stop taking them which means that you end up taking a huge percentage of layups, dunks and short range shots.


Let's see, one backhanded complement, and everything else nitpicking his jumper, clearly I'm the one being an asshole. Yes I think I missed the part where you said his ability to get to the basket was completely amazing, and mostly I'm criticizing the one post I replied to, the hugely misleading statement that a high FG% correlates strongly with poor outside shooting. That's a cross-correlation with position, if you correct for position and look at point guards, will this strong correlation still hold?
Even if his jumper becomes decent and you find a way to correct for attempts, if his jumper still has a worse % than his drives, then he should still drive. Wilt once criticized Jordan for having no outside shot, but developing the outside shot is more important once you can't finish well, not the other way around.
HonestTea *
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
5007 Posts
December 28 2009 01:26 GMT
#1064
And for the sake of laughs, here it is once again, GROCERY LIST

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/GTAS-comics-Thy-Name-Forge-of-Destiny-has-spo?urn=nba,137866
returns upon momentous occasions.
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-28 01:32:13
December 28 2009 01:31 GMT
#1065
On December 28 2009 07:10 Ace wrote:
@Cyric: I can't see that link. Is there another way to check that info? I believe you but I'd have to see it myself. From seeing him play I can't call him downright terrible yet

if MOST of his shots were mid range jumpers (as opposed to layups/dunks) then i think you would reconsider
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
tenbagger
Profile Joined October 2002
United States1289 Posts
December 28 2009 02:36 GMT
#1066
nitpicking his jumper? you can't nitpick something that doesn't exist.

I've said many times that the fact that rondo is able to do what he does in spite of the fact that he has no jumper is quite an accomplishment. I said I agreed with the original post regarding rondo that he is on the cusp of greatness and he is without question a top 5 point guard right now.

I mean, how much more praise do I need to give the guy to be able to speak the truth that he has no jump shot?
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-28 05:07:19
December 28 2009 05:06 GMT
#1067
FAK RONDO FAK FAK FAK

MAKE YOUR FREE THROWS MY GOD
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
igotmyown
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4291 Posts
December 29 2009 02:23 GMT
#1068
Tracy McGrady, I used to have respect for you, but now you've shown your a me first primadonna like Allen Iverson's quitting ass. Your teammates' hard work has cindarellad Houston into a decent record, and your coach wants to ease you so a) you can play while minimizing chances of your injury and b) so your played isn't so forced that you hurt your team, hurt their chemistry...
But no, you're too good to worry about stupid things like your team's success. You'd rather not play at all than gradually make Houston better. Yeah you want to compete, but evidently doing what's best for the team has little to do with competing.

I think the media usually overblows stupid things like Iverson practicing or sportsmanship rituals, but refusing to play and not listening to the coach... I hope Yao pounds some sense into you.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
December 29 2009 02:58 GMT
#1069
Rondo's shooting 52% from the free throw line, he can't shoot worth squat
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
December 29 2009 04:16 GMT
#1070
agreed about Tmac, what a fag.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
December 29 2009 04:54 GMT
#1071
Tmac use to be one of my favorite players when he was in Orlando and his first few years with the Rockets, but now...
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
December 29 2009 06:43 GMT
#1072
damn... when the Lakers lose they just get blown out haha
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
December 29 2009 18:41 GMT
#1073
They were swept away by Nash's incredible charm.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
HonestTea *
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
5007 Posts
December 30 2009 00:25 GMT
#1074
On December 30 2009 03:41 tonight wrote:
They were swept away by Nash's incredible charm.


Hey, I would be too. I'm cheating on the Pistons with Chauncey, then I cheat on Chauncey with Nash these days. I'm a fuckign whore.
returns upon momentous occasions.
HonestTea *
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
5007 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-30 00:50:18
December 30 2009 00:45 GMT
#1075
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/12/29/mapping-the-nba-inside-out/

Really good article and chat about the two most effecient shots for scoring (at the rim and at the 3 line).

Ziller then makes a chart that places each team's percentage of close range FG attempts and Trampball attempts.

Of course, just because most of your shot ATTEMPTS come from close and the three line doesn't mean your team is good (look at the chart) but you can tell which teams need to improve in what areas. (conclusion: GET BETTER BEN GORDON)
returns upon momentous occasions.
DN2perfectionGM
Profile Joined August 2004
United States233 Posts
December 30 2009 02:16 GMT
#1076
i believe adelman actually said tmac wont get any more than 7 minutes at all.
he didn't want to change the game plan to fit tmac's style in,
since houston ball centers around everyone playing their butts off
and actually listening to the coach.
the 7 minute plan was to assess tmac's current state.
but this was a joke anyway because 7 minute is too short of a time to showcase your talent
when you are just getting back on the court after a long, serious injury.
adelman knew about this, and just wanted tmac off his team.

and if your tmac, your contract is expiring this year, and you feel healthy enough.
you want to showcase your talent and earn your next paycheck.
he didn't "quit" on the team. it was just a bad situation for tmac to be in.
he understood that houston doesnt want him, so he did what he did.
nothing like ai not showing up in memphis cuz he's "better."
JHU
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
December 30 2009 02:25 GMT
#1077
he is better than Mike Conley though. His complaints were warranted.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
December 30 2009 06:37 GMT
#1078
so good O_O
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33707 Posts
December 30 2009 06:47 GMT
#1079
On December 30 2009 11:25 Ace wrote:
he is better than Mike Conley though. His complaints were warranted.


http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/memphis_grizzlies_continue

pretty good piece from theonion that's funny yet oddly convincing
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
December 30 2009 10:07 GMT
#1080
On December 30 2009 09:45 HonestTea wrote:
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/12/29/mapping-the-nba-inside-out/

Really good article and chat about the two most effecient shots for scoring (at the rim and at the 3 line).

Ziller then makes a chart that places each team's percentage of close range FG attempts and Trampball attempts.

Of course, just because most of your shot ATTEMPTS come from close and the three line doesn't mean your team is good (look at the chart) but you can tell which teams need to improve in what areas. (conclusion: GET BETTER BEN GORDON)


Whats interesting is the NBA's best teams are all clustered together in the middle for the most part.
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 111 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 556
ProTech147
UpATreeSC 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18833
Calm 3596
Mini 441
Mind 79
910 65
soO 38
Trap 31
Aegong 24
Dota 2
Gorgc5831
canceldota54
Counter-Strike
fl0m6336
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3361
Other Games
FrodaN775
Beastyqt522
Liquid`Hasu290
Khaldor232
Livibee196
C9.Mang0156
IndyStarCraft 104
QueenE58
ZombieGrub34
BRAT_OK 19
MindelVK14
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 19
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2579
• WagamamaTV257
League of Legends
• Nemesis1818
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur711
• Scarra286
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 52m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 52m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 52m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 52m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.