• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:17
CEST 16:17
KST 23:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon104
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6428 users

Touhou Discussion Thread - Page 14

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 306 Next
Maggeus
Profile Joined April 2010
France277 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-15 10:17:30
August 15 2010 09:33 GMT
#261
Slow is shift, pause is Esc.
I guess you understood you need to time your power-weapon (FREEZE THE BULLETS !) perfectly in order to combo.

Don't worry, the game is pretty hard. On lunatic (highest difficulty), it's like fighting th Evil Eye Sigma (extra boss of touhou 2, well known for being the hardest) with one life and no bombs. Or perhaps even harder.
But I guess the Ex boss Lunatic takes the cake of the hardest boss of all time, if a Japanese guy reach him one day. :x

EDIT : I think I'm kinda correct now. I just 1CC'd A2, which is IMO the hardest route I've taken for now. I should have no problem clearing C1, and I'll try B1 and B2, hoping it's not as hard. :X

RAGEDIT : Okay, I shouldn't have tried B1. And now, I don't want to try B2. I'm scared. é_è
Maggeus
Profile Joined April 2010
France277 Posts
August 15 2010 15:39 GMT
#262
Oh god. I've finally 1 CC all on Normal, and I'm on the ex-stage.
I've did every ex-stage, finished almost all of them (Evil Eye Sigma, I'm watching you è_é), and... This is bullshit. I don't know how to do the 3rd spellcard. It seems impossible to not die on it.
I've reached it 5 times, and I simply wipe a lot on it... Bah.
pat777
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States356 Posts
August 15 2010 16:17 GMT
#263
On August 16 2010 00:39 Maggeus wrote:
Oh god. I've finally 1 CC all on Normal, and I'm on the ex-stage.
I've did every ex-stage, finished almost all of them (Evil Eye Sigma, I'm watching you è_é), and... This is bullshit. I don't know how to do the 3rd spellcard. It seems impossible to not die on it.
I've reached it 5 times, and I simply wipe a lot on it... Bah.

Is the ex-stage affected by difficulty level? Can you play it on lunatic after unlocking it on normal?
Hesmyrr
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada5776 Posts
August 15 2010 16:22 GMT
#264
Now I am too scared to play. Better come back to it when I can manage to beat any of the games that came out <.<
"If watching the MSL finals makes you a progamer, then anyone in Korea can do it." - Ha Tae Ki
The_Pacifist
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States540 Posts
August 15 2010 18:25 GMT
#265
Can someone please tell me how to dodge this one certain spellcard where the 3 fairies mass together and bump into the edges of the screen, causing bullets to fall and all bullets that they touch to turn into fireballs of doom? It's murdering me every time.
Maggeus
Profile Joined April 2010
France277 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-15 20:39:41
August 15 2010 19:47 GMT
#266
@pat 777 :
It's not affected by difficulty level. If you unlock it in any difficulty, it's yours forever. I unlocked it with Normal, not easy, by the way. Better said, there's no "extra lunatic" or "extra easy". It's extra.

@The_Pacifist : the trickiest spellcard. The best way to get it is by timeout. Try to stay on the right side, bullets tend to be less clustered there (bug ?). If you see the fairy going for you, go up and release your ice wall. If they are going on the top right of the screen, pray that you can avoid the bullets (95% of the time). Good luck.

I'm uploading a failed run of an Ex-stage on youtube. First video I've ever done, I guess the video will have very bad quality since I didn't check it that much. I should've used a better quality. :D

Here's the link. The quality's better than I expected. SPOILERS obviously.
Touhou 12.8 Extra run, failure time ! SPOILERS.
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
August 15 2010 21:20 GMT
#267
Really a time out? It depends on what route you're taking though, since the card slightly changes for each route.

Route A: The fairies crash into the walls in a diamond shape on the middle portion of each wall.
Route B: The fairies crash in a err... I'm not sure what to call it, but they only collide either into a corner itself, or into a spot a little bit higher vertically or a little bit lower vertically.
Route C: The fairies follow you.

I might have gotten Route B and C mixed up, but the easiest solution is to figure out where the fairies are going to attack next, and freeze all the bullets in that area when they come there to cause damage and also prevent any annoying fire bullets from falling. It's obviously easiest to do on Route A since you can just stay in one spot (say, the top one).
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
Kaneh
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada737 Posts
August 16 2010 01:44 GMT
#268
B is like, pure freeze timing, while A is closest to pure dodging. =/

I find i just try freeze the stage 1 cards as much as possible and just time them out for more shot power.
ChaosKnight
Profile Joined April 2007
United States819 Posts
August 20 2010 17:54 GMT
#269
The surprising difficulty of Extra's noncards and some of the spell cards (notably, Terminus "Big Crunch") paired with the trickiness of the stage might just make this the consistently hardest Extra Stage to date. On the other hand, it hands out lives and bombs like crazy, so clearing it isn't a problem. Simply because of the existence of Big Crunch, I'm shooting for a 1LC rather than a no bombs/no deaths run of this stage... but this is proving to be more annoying than I thought. There is so much room for error on this piece of shit, I don't even know where to start.

I'll say that I'm enjoying GFW far more than DS and UFO though. I haven't really enjoyed Touhou since SA, so it's nice to have some fun with the series again.
ZoW
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3983 Posts
August 20 2010 21:25 GMT
#270
since this is the closest thing to a doujin topic we have I'm gonna just post this here

The new super marisa land is quite fun and a nice time killer

Been playing a super fun and addictive (but really hard) game called Sora. It's by Orange juice, who are the guys who did Suguri, if anyone's familiar. Here's a gameplay video:



And eagerly waiting for the full Alltynex2nd to make its way onto the internet. the demo's not keeping me happy anymore

the courage to be a lazy bum
hellokitty[hk]
Profile Joined June 2009
United States1309 Posts
August 23 2010 09:53 GMT
#271
Whats that song that goes with the Sora video?
Sounds like You - Haru, slightly different.
People are imbeciles, lucky thing god made cats.
JSH
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4109 Posts
September 13 2010 05:24 GMT
#272
Just saw this video:


Had me scared for a bit

Found it playing osu!
"It's called a miracle because it doesn't happen" - Just like my chances of reaching C- on ICCUP
ZoW
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3983 Posts
September 25 2010 00:41 GMT
#273
Koumajou Densetsu gets a sequel with Sakuya as the main. Trail released at Reitaisai SP, full probably out next comiket. I really enjoyed the first, so looking forward to it

the courage to be a lazy bum
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-25 03:40:45
September 25 2010 03:38 GMT
#274
On September 13 2010 14:24 JSH wrote:
Just saw this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-EQMsywlkQ

Had me scared for a bit

Found it playing osu!


the climax is nice! and i found it the nicest amongst all the pvds
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
EternaLEnVy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada513 Posts
September 25 2010 04:18 GMT
#275
Anyone for the discussion of its music?

Hell in my head
ZoW
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3983 Posts
September 26 2010 03:34 GMT
#276
what would you like to discuss?
the courage to be a lazy bum
Shiro)Tenshi
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
China214 Posts
October 04 2010 21:15 GMT
#277
just wondering....
has anyone been able to find a english/romaji/kanji lyrics for "Rainy Rainy Days" by Sound Holic?
It's such a great song and I can't find its lyrics anywhere :[
Here's a link to the song btw:
ZoW
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3983 Posts
October 06 2010 05:36 GMT
#278
best i can do for you

[image loading]
the courage to be a lazy bum
Shiro)Tenshi
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
China214 Posts
October 06 2010 16:20 GMT
#279
Thanks
Now I just have to find someone who knows japanese Q_Q
Ecael
Profile Joined February 2008
United States6703 Posts
October 06 2010 16:28 GMT
#280
If you just want romanji I might try to get to it after finding the song first, if you want a translation go poke haji or southlight and hope they have time to kill.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 306 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 984
WardiTV792
OGKoka 259
Rex138
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
ProTech148
Rex 138
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2881
Shuttle 1728
EffOrt 897
BeSt 674
Light 412
firebathero 346
Mini 333
ZerO 282
Stork 259
Rush 244
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 241
Barracks 120
Shine 86
Zeus 85
Sea.KH 71
Killer 66
Hyun 49
sorry 42
Sexy 29
Shinee 28
ToSsGirL 28
Mong 28
Aegong 25
Bale 21
Terrorterran 21
soO 17
HiyA 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Sacsri 10
yabsab 9
Icarus 8
zelot 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
qojqva3115
Dendi1953
BananaSlamJamma323
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes470
Other Games
singsing2247
olofmeister1639
hiko1044
B2W.Neo810
Lowko352
Pyrionflax227
Liquid`VortiX201
Sick188
ArmadaUGS103
Mew2King45
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream542
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 5
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• mYiSmile14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2034
• Nemesis1862
• TFBlade604
Other Games
• WagamamaTV283
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 43m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.