So we've been getting some great support for the Dank Templars weekly SC2 newsletter, and wanted to say thank you!
We've also always been interested in sponsoring events, so we're starting out small with a self-organized event, called "The People's Challenge".
Here's how it works:
- YOU vote on the 2 pro-gamers you want to see go head-to-head in a Bo7.
- YOU vote on the 2 commentators you want to cast the Bo7 (the commentators can cast the Bo7 directly on their streams).
- WE organize & finance the event through matcherino, starting off with a prize pool of $125 ($100 to the winner of the Bo7, $25 to the loser).
Now, we love democracy. We'll try to always pick the 2 players / commentators with the most votes. But depending on their availability / interest (and good old fashioned polling trolling, such as the Deez Nuts moment), this may not be possible: in this case, we will go down the list in voting order.
This is our provisional schedule for the 1st edition of The People's Challenge:
- The voting phase will be open for two weeks (until January 3, 2021); we'll provide updates on the rankings on Reddit throughout that period
- On the week of January 4, 2021, we will confirm the participants (both on the player and caster side), set up the matcherino event with the $125 prize pool, and confirm the time of the event!
Also, anyone can vote - you don't have to be a free subscriber to the Dank Templars Newsletter (although that would help!).
Is this something that you guys are interested in? I don't think I've seen other events where people can directly vote for the players they want to see in a showmatch (we may be wrong on this one). But in any case, we wanted to try it out!
For more details, and to vote, click here!
Please let me know if we missed someone (both on the caster and player front). We included an 'other' option in case we did, but would like to be comprehensive anyways.
Thanks and glhf!