• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:15
CEST 03:15
KST 10:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7005 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 6201

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-29 22:00:06
December 29 2017 21:48 GMT
#124001
Best Anime for 2017
Owarimonogatari. Nothing else really feels like it stands out more. I realized after looking over the shows that a lot of them are kinda all close to each other.
Runners up would be 3 Gatsu no Lion and Kekki Sensen S2 and Mahoutsuki no Yome

Best Thing That Nobody Watched of 2017
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records. I just remember in reddit everyone had low expectations for this show and not many started it but people ended up liking it.
Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho. I didn't recall seeing "that" many people watching this show but it was pretty solid.

Most Surprising of 2017
Kekkai Sensen S2. I thought season 1 was fine with some fun action but season 2 has been fantastic.

Stockholm Syndrome Award for 2017
Fate/Apocrypha: I know the LN source isn't the strongest of the Fate franchise but damn was this series wasted potential.
Runners up would be DanMachi: Sword Oratoria and Clockwork Planet for their horrible adaptations of their sources.

Best Anime Season of 2017
Winter had the strongest overall line up with Gintama, Demi-chan, Little Witch Academia, Konosuba S2, and Maid Dragon.

Worst Anime Season of 2017
Summer was my "break" season because I only found 2 shows worth watching.

Most Disappointing of 2017
Fate/Apocrypha. As I said above so much squandered potential. Had some fun/good characters that got little screen time for the blank slate MC and some very inconsistent animation.

Guilty Pleasure
Eromanga-sensei I guess, though the "pleasure" part is suspect.


'Toad Award' for Most Overrated Anime of 2017
I don't want to say a show I didn't watch and everything I did was appropriately rated. I guess Little Witch Academia? Because it was hyped to shit. (its still really good though).

Best Scene of 2017
+ Show Spoiler +
Its actually probably some of the scenes from 3 gatsu no Lion or the Araragi vs Ougi battle but I am too lazy.

Best OP of 2017
Owarimonogatari + Show Spoiler +



Best ED of 2017
Kekkai Sensen S2 hands down+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x64lfeo



Best Female Characters of 2017
Satou, Sakie - Demi-chan: Best Succubus sensei~
Mordred - Fate Apocrypha: Best son~
KK and Chain - Kekkai Sensen S2: Best mom and best werewolf

Best Male Characters of 2017
Rei - 3 Gatsu no Lion. He is going on a nice emotional journey of growth.

Honorable mentions, Glenn - Rokudenashi Takahashi - Demi-chan

Worst Male and Female Characters of 2017
Seig - Fate/Apocrypha: Blank slate-kun who robbed all the more interesting characters of screen time
The siblings in Eromanga-sensei
Never Knows Best.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
December 29 2017 22:57 GMT
#124002
On December 30 2017 04:02 abuse wrote:
quick question - what to watch first?
Uchouten Kazoku or 3-gatsu?


Uh, they are completely different shows and both are good. So...what are you looking for?

On December 30 2017 04:04 Toadesstern wrote:
3gatsu imo due to it being somewhat unique with that Shaft-factor and all. If that's offputting for you Uchouten instead.

But they're really different so if you just look at them and get the feeling that one of them isn't want you want right now just do the other one.


I don't think 3gatsu is any more unique than Uchouten.
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
December 30 2017 00:53 GMT
#124003
sangatsu has more general appeal
And as great as uchouten s2 is, I feel it is weaker than s1, while sangatsu remains about same level.

otoh uchouten is more enjoyable for me, esp for holiday season
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
December 30 2017 03:03 GMT
#124004
On December 29 2017 14:48 Toadesstern wrote:
I think the first part of sukasuka was really good but it became a but mediocre for me later on. The music in it I really liked though.

Konohana counts as "noone watched" imo. Ragz and I watched it in here and that's about it I think?


... I watched it. Or am watching it. I really need to catch up. Cute yokai slice of life. Like Hanasuka Iroha but with fox girls and no men to get in the way of the strongly implied pure yuri.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
goody153
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
44306 Posts
December 30 2017 03:51 GMT
#124005
+ Show Spoiler [Just Because finale] +


3 confession, 1 rejection and best girl got rejected (it was obviously going to look that way)

overall it was good idle show

this is a quote
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
December 30 2017 11:33 GMT
#124006
watching sangatsu, and really enjoying so far. i cant believe a few cats could be made so likeable. lol
I don't believe you.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
December 31 2017 07:39 GMT
#124007
What cats? The how-to-shogi-cats?

On another note: A few days ago I realised that I was close to hitting 300 completed anime. Today I used the opportunity to make that jump by watching Yuasa's new work "Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome". What a crazy ride. Really liked the movie. It was extra-ordinarily crazy with its depiction of the story, animation and directing. In my mind, this interpretation was a bit weaker than Tatami Galaxy but it was still fantastic.
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-31 08:13:42
December 31 2017 08:12 GMT
#124008
the OMG FOOD cats..:D

i am kind of surprised really that i can’t find a single character I wouldn’t like in the show. all of them are good
I don't believe you.
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-31 16:53:53
December 31 2017 16:53 GMT
#124009
Finished season 1 on Sangatsu.

Loved the first half.
2nd half kind of lost me. Basically starting from Rei joining the workshop, it kind of felt like it went downhill.
Also didn't like the last episode because it felt like the author decided to make Rei a completely different in his past, compared to how the 1st episode set him up.
Also tried to warp the reasons why he started playing shogi.
The lack of screentime for the 3 sisters also made me kind of sad.

I mean.. the 2nd half was good too, but first half was definitely better for me.
Btw, 2nd OP was marvelous.
I don't believe you.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
December 31 2017 22:04 GMT
#124010
I always like to watch the last episode of Aria the Animation on New Years' Eve, since it deals with new years (on Aqua). It really gets me into the spirit.

I'd go watch the first sunrise of 2018 like they do in the episode, but unfortunately I'm pretty sick right now so I need the rest
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
December 31 2017 22:25 GMT
#124011
Happy new year
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
December 31 2017 22:44 GMT
#124012
Happy new year guys~
Never Knows Best.
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
December 31 2017 23:42 GMT
#124013
When the New Year comes, have a happy one.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 01 2018 05:15 GMT
#124014
Happy New Year everyone!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Lackbleeder
Profile Joined May 2015
741 Posts
January 01 2018 11:14 GMT
#124015
Happy new year guys
Somebody once told me za warudo is gonna roll me
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
January 01 2018 14:35 GMT
#124016
happy new year !
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
January 02 2018 06:24 GMT
#124017
Happy new year everyone!

So, for those who have finished Inuyashiki: I'm 3 episodes in right now and sure if I should continue. I think the random superpowers they got are not going to explained in a satisfying manner because that's pretty much impossible. What I want to know is whether the show is going to tap into some philosophy on how to use those powers etc. Or is it going to stay as simple as it is now, with one edgelord killer and one superhero?
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
January 02 2018 16:29 GMT
#124018
updated mal for the year... no 10 and 2 9, overall not a bad year
attempted to do manga list, gave up after 5 min

http://graph.anime.plus/ragzgt/favorites,anime
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 03 2018 14:02 GMT
#124019
SentSent, waifu #1 in action, live!



(super quiet) timestamped, Asumi Kana doing the Nyaruko "MAAAARVELOUS" line from ep1 (?) in the store when they're out shopping for weebshit.

Also the VA for Rei from 3gatsu no lion doing his line that has him screaming in the park right after that. But that would probably not be something for you but for everyone else.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
January 04 2018 05:13 GMT
#124020
Watched some new shows.

Fate/Cooking is exactly what you'd expect. The presence of everyone in the OP makes no sense, but whatever. This is full-on Carnival Phantasm territory anyways. The cooking portion wasn't half bad too.

The premise of Sora yori mo Tooi Basho is cute girls do cute things in Antarctica (even though they don't seem to be getting there anytime soon). They use that paper cutout art style that I'm not particularly fond of. The setup in the first episode kinda blows, but there's enough potential for interesting facts that I'm willing to see how things develop. The 3D model of the icebreaker is detailed to the point that I wonder what government body they got funding from.

Overlord s1 had pretty shoddy directing. s2 seems to be carrying on that tradition.
Liquipedia
Prev 1 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings60
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 137
RuFF_SC2 39
ProTech24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15348
Rain 2266
Artosis 640
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift3772
Counter-Strike
taco 265
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox579
Mew2King192
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1136
Other Games
summit1g8558
Day[9].tv663
JimRising 535
PiGStarcraft341
C9.Mang0242
ArmadaUGS69
ViBE51
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV184
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 146
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv663
• Scarra589
• Shiphtur202
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 45m
OSC
20h 45m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.