• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:53
CEST 00:53
KST 07:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10635 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 6202

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
IceHism
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1903 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-04 12:31:40
January 04 2018 12:24 GMT
#124021
Looks like i watched about 40 shows.

Best Anime for 2017
Houseki no Kuni - I have a lot to like about this show. The very buddhist story was pretty different. I liked the characters and the visuals were just so on point. I loved the cgi as well and that they used a lot of 2d animation to supplement the CGI instead of making CGI look like drawing. Polygon pictures has a lot to learn from Orange.

Shuumatsu Nani shitemasuka... (sukasuka) - HAPPIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD. Chtholly was a joy to watch since ep1. And as the show progresses, she suffers some pretty tough shit. unfortuneately no season 2 in sight

Owarimonogatari 2nd season - Ougi dark was so good.

Koe no katachi - Best movie i've seen in 2017.

Best Thing That Nobody Watched of 2017
Tsuki ga Kirei - I remember me and Nagi talking about this on irc but i dunno anyone else watching. it was pure diabetes and i always looked forward every week.
Princess Principal - I dunno who else watched this. but ghost in the shell except replaced by moe girls is a winning combination. Shoutouts to Beatrice for some how always tripping or getting her voice box muted.

Honorable Mention:
Yuuki Yunna s2, i think i'd like it more if they didn't decide to do s2 in 6 episodes. It's great other than that though. Seeing Yuuna so isolated and suffering is the worst . Seems like a lot of ppl who watched s1 didn't watch it

Most Surprising of 2017
Houseki no Kuni - I picked this cause the cover art was cute. turns out it was pretty AOTS material
Tsuki ga Kirei - I almost dropped this but i stuck to ep3 and something sort of clicked after that. It was great.
Quanzhi Gaoshou - oh wow, a chinese anime that actually looks decent


Stockholm Syndrome Award for 2017
Fate Apocrypha - I almost convinced myself that this was an ok show just because it had Jeanne. But it's probably worst than the original FSN.

Dies Irae - I love the vn. I just wanted to see the chants. But then they shortened them. feels bad. Its animation is also so bad. I thought it be ok but starting from the 3rd route was a killer.

Shows that made me wanna kms of 2017
Koi to uso - Not sure how i finished but this show just exacerbated all the flaws the manga already had.
Kakegurui - I had fun reading the manga but the anime was a slog to get through
UQ Holder - They should have just made a negima sequel if they just wanted to show negi and classmates.
Danmachi Sword Oratoria - Fuck Lefiya. Literally ruined the whole show.
Seiren - Not only is it a worse amagami, they give the worst route to the best girl
Re:Creators - I don't think i cared about this show for like 14 episodes through the middle (maybe like 5-18) but i don't know how they ruined a show that had a big budget and a good premise. Literally just had to get characters from other series instead of making up its own


Guilty Pleasure
Hajimete no gal - fanservice? yea fanservice. I can't think of anything else as to why i finished it. I even said i would drop it after the first episode so this sticks out the most since i don't usually guiltily enjoy things.


'Toad Award' for Most Overrated Anime of 2017
Made in Abyss - First few episodes were boring to get through. Got better when ozen showed up. Then nanachi saved the show. I like it but it's not my favorite.

Best Scene of 2017

Ougi vs Araragi confrontation in ougi dark
Houseki no kuni has a ton of scenes that i'd put here. A few i particularly liked were Dia getting plopped into a horror movie and Dia's fight against shiro

These two scenes in Made in Abyss is pretty cool.
+ Show Spoiler +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjTrXG0gOhM




The meeting in kimi no na wa where they see each other at the end on top of the mountain just once was p cool.
Fate Apoc for Achiles/Jeanne vs Atalanta and Karna vs Sieg for best 2d animation in 2017.

fave OPs of 2017
I just pick by whichever songs hyped me up to watch the show. didn't care too much for visuals
+ Show Spoiler +
Mahoutsukai no yome - Here - Junna
+ Show Spoiler +

Recreators - gravitywall - hiroyuki sawano
+ Show Spoiler +

They had scarborough fair playing once for the op of the first ep of sukasuka
+ Show Spoiler +

Eromanga - Hitorigoto - Claris, I feel obligated to include a claris song
+ Show Spoiler +

MiA- dunno what it was called but i remember this being the only thing i looked forward to in the early episodes
+ Show Spoiler +

Kuzu no honkai - uso no hibana
+ Show Spoiler +



fave EDs of 2017
+ Show Spoiler +

Sukasuka - Call you
+ Show Spoiler +




Kuzu no Honkai - Heikousen - Sayuri
+ Show Spoiler +


Fate apoc - Desir - Garinidelia
+ Show Spoiler +




Best Female Characters of 2017. (I'll just take this as the char development category)
Phos - Houseki no Kuni - really good development. I like the contrast between ep1 and ep12 considering they basically redid a lot of the same scenes only they changed what has changed
Chtholly - sukasuka - just the happiest girl in the world here
Mitsuha - kimi no na wa
Shouko - koe no katachi - This deaf girl was fantastic.

Best Male Characters of 2017
Araragi
taki - kimi no na wa
I'd put rei(3gatsu) or yakumo(shouwa) here but i still need to catch up.


Worst Male and Female Characters of 2017
Souta - Recreators - Agreed with spazer, this kid was pretty bad
Nejima - koi to uso - plz die in fire
Lefiya - Sword Oratoria - plz die in fire
Fake piggy - Masamune kun's revenge - plz die in fire

Fave Waifus of 2017
Himuro Rea - Dies Irae
Jeanne - Fate Apoc
Ange and Charlotte - Princess Principal
Kato Megumi - Saekano
Tsuneki Hikari - Seiren
Dia - Houseki no Kuni
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
January 04 2018 13:01 GMT
#124022
eeh, were we allowed to put in kimi no na wa?
Change all of my "good" categories to that then pls.
I don't believe you.
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
January 04 2018 13:09 GMT
#124023
If kimi no na wa counts then put that one in my overrated category
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
IceHism
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1903 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-04 13:19:25
January 04 2018 13:18 GMT
#124024
On January 04 2018 22:01 abuse wrote:
eeh, were we allowed to put in kimi no na wa?
Change all of my "good" categories to that then pls.


Despite releasing last year, the Blu Ray or theatre showings in the US weren't even out til 2017 so most people here couldn't even see it until then unless they saw the screening at AX2016 which is unlikely.
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
January 04 2018 13:37 GMT
#124025
Kimi no Na Wa best anime.
If you don't agree then I respect your opinion.





we can't be friends though
I don't believe you.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-04 13:50:08
January 04 2018 13:48 GMT
#124026
you know what's wrong with the world? People who prefer the Eromanga OP over the Eromanga ED.
I'm a bit sad that I didn't put Kuzu no Honkai's ED in my top3 EDs but I thought about it and there was just so much good stuff from EDs (at least for me personally) this year around that I really had to cut something.

Like, I don't even listen to the Demi-chan ED ever. But when I talk about OPs/EDs in here outside of the year round-up it's usually about them being bad or really unfitting imo. Like the OP for the dictionary-making-anime a couple seasons ago, whatever the name was.
So Demi-chan ED for me just had to be in there despite being nothing special visually, nothing I actively go out of my way to listen to either just for the fact that I really felt that's one of the most fitting songs I've heard in a while for anime endings.

Shit was tough this year. Oh and I totally should have made a "fav Waifu 2017" category as well. Both for 2D and 3D.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
January 04 2018 13:54 GMT
#124027
I actually thought the same thing about Kuzu no Honkai when I saw people here putting it here as their fav ED.
I enjoyed that one a lot too, definitely a standout this year, very well done.
I don't believe you.
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
January 04 2018 14:03 GMT
#124028
To me kimi no na wa is a 8/10 at the very best and that's mostly it being carried by visuals and sound, story and characters were mediocre.
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Aznupdown
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada318 Posts
January 04 2018 14:21 GMT
#124029
koe no katachi > kimi no na wa
I said hiii
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
January 04 2018 14:55 GMT
#124030
On January 04 2018 23:21 Aznupdown wrote:
koe no katachi > kimi no na wa


Gotta agree, while kimi no na wa was amazing as well.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-04 15:10:28
January 04 2018 15:07 GMT
#124031
Guess it's time to watch Koe no Katachi.
Honestly have a hard time imagining it to be "better than kimi no na wa", considering I've read the manga and know all the events. Can't imagine it all being captured well in just 1 movie, hence why I haven't bothered watching it.
But welp, hopefully I'm wrong, wouldn't mind it.
I don't believe you.
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
January 04 2018 15:57 GMT
#124032
as much as i'd like to do one of those ranking things everyone else is doing

idk i'd just put maid dragon on the top for everything

and kujira no kora for "it was amazing and u guys didn't watch it"
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
January 04 2018 19:33 GMT
#124033
The awards are pretty arbitrary anyways. Do what you want.

On January 05 2018 00:07 abuse wrote:
Guess it's time to watch Koe no Katachi.
Honestly have a hard time imagining it to be "better than kimi no na wa", considering I've read the manga and know all the events. Can't imagine it all being captured well in just 1 movie, hence why I haven't bothered watching it.
But welp, hopefully I'm wrong, wouldn't mind it.

It was a decent adaptation. I enjoyed it. Despite knowing the story, it still had emotional punch.

Kimi no na wa is prettier, but Koe no Katachi just slaughters it storywise.

On January 04 2018 21:24 IceHism wrote:
Best Thing That Nobody Watched of 2017
Tsuki ga Kirei - I remember me and Nagi talking about this on irc but i dunno anyone else watching. it was pure diabetes and i always looked forward every week.
Princess Principal - I dunno who else watched this. but ghost in the shell except replaced by moe girls is a winning combination. Shoutouts to Beatrice for some how always tripping or getting her voice box muted.

Ice pls.

Princess Principal is many things, but it really doesn't have much in common with GitS.

Re:Creators - I don't think i cared about this show for like 14 episodes through the middle (maybe like 5-18) but i don't know how they ruined a show that had a big budget and a good premise. Literally just had to get characters from other series instead of making up its own

It's easy. Their writers sucked and had no idea where to take the story. Pretty hilarious, considering the premise of the show. Heck, I don't even think that their downfall was having original characters. It's just that they did nothing interesting with them.
Liquipedia
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-04 21:22:22
January 04 2018 21:20 GMT
#124034
yo, as mediocre as ReCreators was it had some really good OPs going for it! And voicectraps. A fine show if you just listen to it minimized in the background :3
Not like I would go out of my way to actively call it bad it just felt really generic aside from the laughs they got out of me with the porn character and 4th wall jokes with Amamiya Sora as well as some good production quality.

I would agree that I don't think the characters being original was an issue. The Hikasa Yoko char felt like a joke not because it was a budget saber but because the character was a joke.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 04 2018 22:36 GMT
#124035
Just finished Mikakunin de Shinkoukei. Not sure if anyone else watched it, it's from 2014. Something felt missing in this anime. I still liked the overall antics of the sister, even if it seemed to take over a good portion of each episode but the whole Kobeni x Hakuya moments felt unsatisfying at times. + Show Spoiler +
It feels like Hakuya just walked in, said some nice stuff like how "anything she makes is good" and helped out with general chores like getting groceries. Of course, the background story of him saving her and him being the one to save her at the end was nice to grow the relationship but Kobeni also just went with everything, blushing whenever she was complimented (how can he compliment when he has barely tried her cooking? lol).

I would think that she'll at least have someone she might like or be more resistant to the idea of marrying so young but the whole "grandfather's word is law" and then "pidge-holing her" to accept the idea some more based on the "you wrote an essay on being a wife" felt a bit off and limiting as well. If she's a great cook and likes it, why not have a dream of being a chef? Even the addition of Konoha felt a bit off. She proposed to him on the spot and all of a sudden, Kobeni is flustered? I mean, sure, you develop feelings the more you spend with someone but it didn't feel like much time was spent between them doing actual stuff that can grow the relationship. Granted, I think that was probably more the fault of it being 1 cour so they had to focus on the most important stuff and the manga still seems to be running as I just checked.

Regardless, would still recommend because the interactions overall were just too cute to pass up!

On January 02 2018 15:24 Miragee wrote:
Happy new year everyone!

So, for those who have finished Inuyashiki: I'm 3 episodes in right now and sure if I should continue. I think the random superpowers they got are not going to explained in a satisfying manner because that's pretty much impossible. What I want to know is whether the show is going to tap into some philosophy on how to use those powers etc. Or is it going to stay as simple as it is now, with one edgelord killer and one superhero?

honestly, I would say give it another episode or two before deciding if it's for you.

Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
January 04 2018 22:58 GMT
#124036
On January 05 2018 07:36 BigFan wrote:
Just finished Mikakunin de Shinkoukei. Not sure if anyone else watched it, it's from 2014. Something felt missing in this anime. I still liked the overall antics of the sister, even if it seemed to take over a good portion of each episode but the whole Kobeni x Hakuya moments felt unsatisfying at times. + Show Spoiler +
It feels like Hakuya just walked in, said some nice stuff like how "anything she makes is good" and helped out with general chores like getting groceries. Of course, the background story of him saving her and him being the one to save her at the end was nice to grow the relationship but Kobeni also just went with everything, blushing whenever she was complimented (how can he compliment when he has barely tried her cooking? lol).

I would think that she'll at least have someone she might like or be more resistant to the idea of marrying so young but the whole "grandfather's word is law" and then "pidge-holing her" to accept the idea some more based on the "you wrote an essay on being a wife" felt a bit off and limiting as well. If she's a great cook and likes it, why not have a dream of being a chef? Even the addition of Konoha felt a bit off. She proposed to him on the spot and all of a sudden, Kobeni is flustered? I mean, sure, you develop feelings the more you spend with someone but it didn't feel like much time was spent between them doing actual stuff that can grow the relationship. Granted, I think that was probably more the fault of it being 1 cour so they had to focus on the most important stuff and the manga still seems to be running as I just checked.

Regardless, would still recommend because the interactions overall were just too cute to pass up!

Show nested quote +
On January 02 2018 15:24 Miragee wrote:
Happy new year everyone!

So, for those who have finished Inuyashiki: I'm 3 episodes in right now and sure if I should continue. I think the random superpowers they got are not going to explained in a satisfying manner because that's pretty much impossible. What I want to know is whether the show is going to tap into some philosophy on how to use those powers etc. Or is it going to stay as simple as it is now, with one edgelord killer and one superhero?

honestly, I would say give it another episode or two before deciding if it's for you.


If only you would actually follow that advice yourself...
Moderator。◕‿◕。
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-04 23:59:41
January 04 2018 23:43 GMT
#124037
On January 05 2018 07:36 BigFan wrote:
Just finished Mikakunin de Shinkoukei. Not sure if anyone else watched it, it's from 2014. Something felt missing in this anime. I still liked the overall antics of the sister, even if it seemed to take over a good portion of each episode but the whole Kobeni x Hakuya moments felt unsatisfying at times. + Show Spoiler +
It feels like Hakuya just walked in, said some nice stuff like how "anything she makes is good" and helped out with general chores like getting groceries. Of course, the background story of him saving her and him being the one to save her at the end was nice to grow the relationship but Kobeni also just went with everything, blushing whenever she was complimented (how can he compliment when he has barely tried her cooking? lol).

I would think that she'll at least have someone she might like or be more resistant to the idea of marrying so young but the whole "grandfather's word is law" and then "pidge-holing her" to accept the idea some more based on the "you wrote an essay on being a wife" felt a bit off and limiting as well. If she's a great cook and likes it, why not have a dream of being a chef? Even the addition of Konoha felt a bit off. She proposed to him on the spot and all of a sudden, Kobeni is flustered? I mean, sure, you develop feelings the more you spend with someone but it didn't feel like much time was spent between them doing actual stuff that can grow the relationship. Granted, I think that was probably more the fault of it being 1 cour so they had to focus on the most important stuff and the manga still seems to be running as I just checked.

Regardless, would still recommend because the interactions overall were just too cute to pass up!

Show nested quote +
On January 02 2018 15:24 Miragee wrote:
Happy new year everyone!

So, for those who have finished Inuyashiki: I'm 3 episodes in right now and sure if I should continue. I think the random superpowers they got are not going to explained in a satisfying manner because that's pretty much impossible. What I want to know is whether the show is going to tap into some philosophy on how to use those powers etc. Or is it going to stay as simple as it is now, with one edgelord killer and one superhero?

honestly, I would say give it another episode or two before deciding if it's for you.


I am preeeeeetty sure a lot of people watched Mikakunin de Shinkoukei. The show was hella popular, with all kinds of videos/gifs/memes spawning from it like the "I hate sundays", her dancing in front of the TV or the roughly 105896206286290 different versions of the ED that people uploaded for shitz and giggles, like:



sure, there probably are a bunch of people who haven't watched it but you can say that about almost every series.

Imo it fell kind of apart midway/later on. It was really funny early on, the main girl (the small one) was just pure gold. Even when it was super obvious what was about to happen I still laughed at her constantly getting nothing but nessies in the gacha thing etcetc.
But once it tried to be "serious" about it's romance it just got boring because of it just flat out failing at that aspect.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
January 05 2018 00:02 GMT
#124038
Benio was by far the worst part of the series. So fucking obnoxious, everything was better the less she showed up in an episode.
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
January 05 2018 00:03 GMT
#124039
yeah Benio was horrible... don't think I know anyone who liked her
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-05 00:06:50
January 05 2018 00:05 GMT
#124040
Benio wasn't too bad imo but they should've toned it down in the last couple of episodes. Instead, they just maintained it throughout which is why I can see how some folks believe it was obnoxious.

On January 05 2018 07:58 Harem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2018 07:36 BigFan wrote:
Just finished Mikakunin de Shinkoukei. Not sure if anyone else watched it, it's from 2014. Something felt missing in this anime. I still liked the overall antics of the sister, even if it seemed to take over a good portion of each episode but the whole Kobeni x Hakuya moments felt unsatisfying at times. + Show Spoiler +
It feels like Hakuya just walked in, said some nice stuff like how "anything she makes is good" and helped out with general chores like getting groceries. Of course, the background story of him saving her and him being the one to save her at the end was nice to grow the relationship but Kobeni also just went with everything, blushing whenever she was complimented (how can he compliment when he has barely tried her cooking? lol).

I would think that she'll at least have someone she might like or be more resistant to the idea of marrying so young but the whole "grandfather's word is law" and then "pidge-holing her" to accept the idea some more based on the "you wrote an essay on being a wife" felt a bit off and limiting as well. If she's a great cook and likes it, why not have a dream of being a chef? Even the addition of Konoha felt a bit off. She proposed to him on the spot and all of a sudden, Kobeni is flustered? I mean, sure, you develop feelings the more you spend with someone but it didn't feel like much time was spent between them doing actual stuff that can grow the relationship. Granted, I think that was probably more the fault of it being 1 cour so they had to focus on the most important stuff and the manga still seems to be running as I just checked.

Regardless, would still recommend because the interactions overall were just too cute to pass up!

On January 02 2018 15:24 Miragee wrote:
Happy new year everyone!

So, for those who have finished Inuyashiki: I'm 3 episodes in right now and sure if I should continue. I think the random superpowers they got are not going to explained in a satisfying manner because that's pretty much impossible. What I want to know is whether the show is going to tap into some philosophy on how to use those powers etc. Or is it going to stay as simple as it is now, with one edgelord killer and one superhero?

honestly, I would say give it another episode or two before deciding if it's for you.


If only you would actually follow that advice yourself...

haha I've probably done 4-5 episodes before even dropping any anime so I don't think you can say I don't follow that advice...

On January 05 2018 08:43 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 05 2018 07:36 BigFan wrote:
Just finished Mikakunin de Shinkoukei. Not sure if anyone else watched it, it's from 2014. Something felt missing in this anime. I still liked the overall antics of the sister, even if it seemed to take over a good portion of each episode but the whole Kobeni x Hakuya moments felt unsatisfying at times. + Show Spoiler +
It feels like Hakuya just walked in, said some nice stuff like how "anything she makes is good" and helped out with general chores like getting groceries. Of course, the background story of him saving her and him being the one to save her at the end was nice to grow the relationship but Kobeni also just went with everything, blushing whenever she was complimented (how can he compliment when he has barely tried her cooking? lol).

I would think that she'll at least have someone she might like or be more resistant to the idea of marrying so young but the whole "grandfather's word is law" and then "pidge-holing her" to accept the idea some more based on the "you wrote an essay on being a wife" felt a bit off and limiting as well. If she's a great cook and likes it, why not have a dream of being a chef? Even the addition of Konoha felt a bit off. She proposed to him on the spot and all of a sudden, Kobeni is flustered? I mean, sure, you develop feelings the more you spend with someone but it didn't feel like much time was spent between them doing actual stuff that can grow the relationship. Granted, I think that was probably more the fault of it being 1 cour so they had to focus on the most important stuff and the manga still seems to be running as I just checked.

Regardless, would still recommend because the interactions overall were just too cute to pass up!

On January 02 2018 15:24 Miragee wrote:
Happy new year everyone!

So, for those who have finished Inuyashiki: I'm 3 episodes in right now and sure if I should continue. I think the random superpowers they got are not going to explained in a satisfying manner because that's pretty much impossible. What I want to know is whether the show is going to tap into some philosophy on how to use those powers etc. Or is it going to stay as simple as it is now, with one edgelord killer and one superhero?

honestly, I would say give it another episode or two before deciding if it's for you.


I am preeeeeetty sure a lot of people watched Mikakunin de Shinkoukei. The show was hella popular, with all kinds of videos/gifs/memes spawning from it like the "I hate sundays", her dancing in front of the TV or the roughly 105896206286290 different versions of the ED that people uploaded for shitz and giggles, like:

https://youtu.be/n25JfP_curk

sure, there probably are a bunch of people who haven't watched it but you can say that about almost every series.

Imo it fell kind of apart midway/later on. It was really funny early on, the main girl (the small one) was just pure gold. Even when it was super obvious what was about to happen I still laughed at her constantly getting nothing but nessies in the gacha thing etcetc.
But once it tried to be "serious" about it's romance it just got boring.

hmm is it? It aired in 2014 and I had just started to follow anime end of 2013 so might explain why I missed watching it when I was watching another 25 shows or something. Ya, the whole sister-in-law vs older sister was really funny, even till the end of the show. I would've preferred it if there was a little warming up done between them for character progression but oh well.

I had lots of laughs at the nessies too haha. Some of the best comedic parts of the show. I think the VAs did a great job and the animation overall was great. My main concern was that honestly, I didn't really see much romance in it. Heck, they never even held hands once! Majority of the romance happened in like the last episode or two, if you can call it that. They never held hands, never kissed, rarely had a proper conversation other several times etc... The humour was imo, the major highlight of the show. The feelings felt a bit rushed or rather, they needed more time to develop imo because they didn't much outside the norm to develop them. Feels like there was some lost potential...
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Prev 1 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 139
SpeCial 125
Vindicta 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11446
Artosis 547
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift3954
JimRising 581
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox698
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4687
Khaldor956
Liquid`Hasu942
Other Games
summit1g7410
shahzam555
FrodaN118
ArmadaUGS94
NeuroSwarm71
Mew2King58
ViBE56
JuggernautJason37
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream81
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 26
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie819
• Scarra443
• Shiphtur195
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 7m
Stellar Fest
14h 7m
OSC
23h 7m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 11h
Online Event
1d 12h
FEL
1d 17h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.