• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:58
CEST 21:58
KST 04:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8419 users

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker SPOILER FREE

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Jukado
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
805 Posts
November 22 2019 14:22 GMT
#1
Rules

BEFORE THE FILM IS RELEASED:
-You may talk openly about things from episode 7 and 8 (and other films in the series that have already been released).
-You may talk about the trailers. However, I would encourage you to use spoiler tags when discussing the trailers.
-You may reveal names of cast members and names of directors etc. But please use your judgement and dont go too far. If you think it might be a spoiler, then it probably is so use the other thread.
And again I would encourage you to use spoiler tags for things like this.
-If you put something in spoiler tags, please label what is inside so people can avoid it if they wish.
-You may post your own personal theories and hopes for the film in this thread.
-You may post that you are about to enter the cinema theatre and cant wait to watch the film etc.
-Please do NOT post or discuss leaks/rumours from industry insiders about the plot and things like that in this thread.

For anything that could be considered a spoiler its best to use the Spoilers Allowed thread here:
https://tl.net/forum/entertainment/553089-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-spoilers-allowed

AFTER THE FILM IS RELEASED:
-Do NOT post any spoilers in this thread about episode 9 that you would know having seen the film.
-You may say if you liked the film or not.
-You may say which aspects you liked, eg the overall story, the first act story in particular, the special effects, the acting, the jokes etc.
But please dont be too specific as to spoil anything in episode 9.
-You may say if you recommend the film or not.
-You may say how it compares in your opinion to the other films in the series.


Teaser Trailer:
+ Show Spoiler +


Final Trailer:
+ Show Spoiler +


--------------------------------------------------

Final reminder you are in the SPOILER FREE thread.

Final warning, you might read spoilers in this thread that are from the trailers,
and you might read spoilers in this thread about the names of cast members etc, so read on at your own peril.

--------------------------------------------------
Star Tale Public Domain project. Maps: (2)Gates Of Memphis, (2)Marshmallow Toast, (4)Bubbles, (4)Clay Fields, (6)Numbskull Desert. Also the Vaylu Public Domain Tileset. Also Ramp Palettes, Brood War guides and some fun stuff. Links in my profile
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51623 Posts
November 22 2019 15:57 GMT
#2
I like this concept of threads.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
hexhaven
Profile Joined July 2014
Finland965 Posts
November 22 2019 17:59 GMT
#3
I think splitting these up makes a lot of sense.
WriterI shoot events. | http://www.jussi.co/esports
hexhaven
Profile Joined July 2014
Finland965 Posts
November 26 2019 20:51 GMT
#4
Abrams says that the film is now finished. Fewer reshoots than TFA. So likely that either they've learned something from Rogue One and Solo, or Lucasfilm are better at keeping things under wrap.

Also

https://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-script-leaked-onto-ebay-after-actor-left-it-under-their-bed/

“They were really nervous about anything getting out, and so they had only a handful of scripts, and they were printed on crazy, uncopy-able paper. And then one of our actors, I won’t say which one — I want to, but I won’t — left it under their bed and it was found by someone who was cleaning their room. And it was given to someone else, who then went to sell it on EBay,” Abrams said.
WriterI shoot events. | http://www.jussi.co/esports
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
November 27 2019 06:13 GMT
#5
On November 27 2019 05:51 hexhaven wrote:
Abrams says that the film is now finished. Fewer reshoots than TFA. So likely that either they've learned something from Rogue One and Solo, or Lucasfilm are better at keeping things under wrap.

Also

https://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-script-leaked-onto-ebay-after-actor-left-it-under-their-bed/

Show nested quote +
“They were really nervous about anything getting out, and so they had only a handful of scripts, and they were printed on crazy, uncopy-able paper. And then one of our actors, I won’t say which one — I want to, but I won’t — left it under their bed and it was found by someone who was cleaning their room. And it was given to someone else, who then went to sell it on EBay,” Abrams said.


"Less reshoots than TFA" does not really justify reshoots 3 weeks before the movie is released...
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
hexhaven
Profile Joined July 2014
Finland965 Posts
November 27 2019 11:31 GMT
#6
On November 27 2019 15:13 Manit0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2019 05:51 hexhaven wrote:
Abrams says that the film is now finished. Fewer reshoots than TFA. So likely that either they've learned something from Rogue One and Solo, or Lucasfilm are better at keeping things under wrap.

Also

https://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-script-leaked-onto-ebay-after-actor-left-it-under-their-bed/

“They were really nervous about anything getting out, and so they had only a handful of scripts, and they were printed on crazy, uncopy-able paper. And then one of our actors, I won’t say which one — I want to, but I won’t — left it under their bed and it was found by someone who was cleaning their room. And it was given to someone else, who then went to sell it on EBay,” Abrams said.


"Less reshoots than TFA" does not really justify reshoots 3 weeks before the movie is released...


Why is that?
WriterI shoot events. | http://www.jussi.co/esports
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-27 13:15:51
November 27 2019 13:15 GMT
#7
On November 27 2019 20:31 hexhaven wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2019 15:13 Manit0u wrote:
On November 27 2019 05:51 hexhaven wrote:
Abrams says that the film is now finished. Fewer reshoots than TFA. So likely that either they've learned something from Rogue One and Solo, or Lucasfilm are better at keeping things under wrap.

Also

https://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-script-leaked-onto-ebay-after-actor-left-it-under-their-bed/

“They were really nervous about anything getting out, and so they had only a handful of scripts, and they were printed on crazy, uncopy-able paper. And then one of our actors, I won’t say which one — I want to, but I won’t — left it under their bed and it was found by someone who was cleaning their room. And it was given to someone else, who then went to sell it on EBay,” Abrams said.


"Less reshoots than TFA" does not really justify reshoots 3 weeks before the movie is released...


Why is that?


For this kind of budget and expectations this should've been done long ago and now be at the end of release cycle with post production (extra effects etc.). If they're still doing reshoots they simply won't have enough time to polish the CG that might be needed, make sure that all the sound effects are spot on etc. There's basically more work to be done after shooting (and usually this work takes more time than the shooting itself).

I guess it might be because Iger ordered some reshoots after people were walking out of test screenings because it was so bad. I have no hope for this at all and like I mentioned in the other thread, this will be the first SW movie I'm not going to see at the cinema. I really don't even care any more. There are no interesting characters and I don't really see where they could go with the story at this point to make it even a bit intriguing.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
November 28 2019 15:26 GMT
#8
On November 27 2019 22:15 Manit0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2019 20:31 hexhaven wrote:
On November 27 2019 15:13 Manit0u wrote:
On November 27 2019 05:51 hexhaven wrote:
Abrams says that the film is now finished. Fewer reshoots than TFA. So likely that either they've learned something from Rogue One and Solo, or Lucasfilm are better at keeping things under wrap.

Also

https://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-script-leaked-onto-ebay-after-actor-left-it-under-their-bed/

“They were really nervous about anything getting out, and so they had only a handful of scripts, and they were printed on crazy, uncopy-able paper. And then one of our actors, I won’t say which one — I want to, but I won’t — left it under their bed and it was found by someone who was cleaning their room. And it was given to someone else, who then went to sell it on EBay,” Abrams said.


"Less reshoots than TFA" does not really justify reshoots 3 weeks before the movie is released...


Why is that?


For this kind of budget and expectations this should've been done long ago and now be at the end of release cycle with post production (extra effects etc.). If they're still doing reshoots they simply won't have enough time to polish the CG that might be needed, make sure that all the sound effects are spot on etc. There's basically more work to be done after shooting (and usually this work takes more time than the shooting itself).

I guess it might be because Iger ordered some reshoots after people were walking out of test screenings because it was so bad. I have no hope for this at all and like I mentioned in the other thread, this will be the first SW movie I'm not going to see at the cinema. I really don't even care any more. There are no interesting characters and I don't really see where they could go with the story at this point to make it even a bit intriguing.

I think I know where this goes and I would love to be wrong, but that's my speculation based on JarJar and what he did in E7 and what was shown in E9 teasers.
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17924 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-11-28 17:14:13
November 28 2019 17:11 GMT
#9
On November 27 2019 05:51 hexhaven wrote:
Abrams says that the film is now finished. Fewer reshoots than TFA. So likely that either they've learned something from Rogue One and Solo, or Lucasfilm are better at keeping things under wrap.

Also

https://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-script-leaked-onto-ebay-after-actor-left-it-under-their-bed/

Show nested quote +
“They were really nervous about anything getting out, and so they had only a handful of scripts, and they were printed on crazy, uncopy-able paper. And then one of our actors, I won’t say which one — I want to, but I won’t — left it under their bed and it was found by someone who was cleaning their room. And it was given to someone else, who then went to sell it on EBay,” Abrams said.

ya, we'll find out what really happened in 20 years when no one is trying to protect their turf and no one cares about getting black-balled. Superman 2 was heavily re-shot. It was all nicely covered up at the time while Chris Reeve and Margot Kidder did their rounds promoting the movie on various talk shows.

The nitty gritty brutal details of the debacle came out 20+ years later when no one cared any longer.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
hexhaven
Profile Joined July 2014
Finland965 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-01 00:34:37
November 28 2019 18:30 GMT
#10
One more TV spot



And one more TV spot

WriterI shoot events. | http://www.jussi.co/esports
Random()
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Kyrgyz Republic1462 Posts
November 29 2019 12:07 GMT
#11
It's the first Star Wars film that I am not interested in seeing. I will probably still see it for the visuals, but I hate what they have done to one of my favourite franchises. Last Jedi can go kiss Jar Jar's slimy butt.
Jukado
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
805 Posts
December 19 2019 18:03 GMT
#12
Earlier this year I made a poll asking the following 2 questions:
Will you be watching Star Wars Episode 9 at the cinema?
Did you like Episode 8 The Last Jedi?

Lets repeat the poll today and compare the results!

Poll: Will you be watching Star Wars Episode 9 at the cinema?

I did NOT like Episode 8, and I will NOT be paying to watch Episode 9 at the cinema. (7)
 
44%

I did NOT like Episode 8, but I probably WILL end up paying to watch Episode 9 at the cinema. (5)
 
31%

I DID like Episode 8, but Im probably NOT going to watch Episode 9 at the cinema. (0)
 
0%

I DID like Episode 8, and I WILL be watching Episode 9 at the cinema. (4)
 
25%

16 total votes

You must be logged in to vote in this poll.

☐ I did NOT like Episode 8, and I will NOT be paying to watch Episode 9 at the cinema.
☐ I did NOT like Episode 8, but I probably WILL end up paying to watch Episode 9 at the cinema.
☐ I DID like Episode 8, but Im probably NOT going to watch Episode 9 at the cinema.
☐ I DID like Episode 8, and I WILL be watching Episode 9 at the cinema.



The previous results were:
+ Show Spoiler +
53 total votes.
16 did NOT like ep8 and will NOT be watching ep9 at the cinema.
20 did NOT like ep8 but probably will watch ep9 at the cinema.
3 did like ep8, but probably wont watch ep9 at the cinema.
14 did like ep8, and will be watching ep9 at the cinema.
Star Tale Public Domain project. Maps: (2)Gates Of Memphis, (2)Marshmallow Toast, (4)Bubbles, (4)Clay Fields, (6)Numbskull Desert. Also the Vaylu Public Domain Tileset. Also Ramp Palettes, Brood War guides and some fun stuff. Links in my profile
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
December 19 2019 22:42 GMT
#13
I was going to watch it. But with the notably near-unanimous unfavorable consensus... I can’t really convince myself that I should sit for two hours and watch that disappointment unfold. Maybe in a week I’ll feel different.
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7424 Posts
December 20 2019 10:03 GMT
#14
I'm waiting for it to be on Disney+ or sth.

Haven't even seen Episode 8.
Episode 7 was probably the most disappointing movie in history for me
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
karazax
Profile Joined May 2010
United States3737 Posts
December 20 2019 14:02 GMT
#15
Regardless of which movies you liked in the new trilogy, it seems the biggest problem is that they made 1 and 2 completely independent of one another, with no road map on how 3 was going to end. Hard to make a coherent story from that.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
December 20 2019 15:02 GMT
#16
On December 20 2019 23:02 karazax wrote:
Regardless of which movies you liked in the new trilogy, it seems the biggest problem is that they made 1 and 2 completely independent of one another, with no road map on how 3 was going to end. Hard to make a coherent story from that.

Agree, but I feel JJ did a good job fixing the plane while it was in the air.
Jukado
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
805 Posts
December 28 2019 13:21 GMT
#17
Episode 9 has been out for a week or so now. To those that have watched the movie, can you please share your non spoiler reviews. Do you recommend this film to people that are undecided about watching it? If someone didnt like Episode 8, are they likely to not like ep9 either do you think?
Star Tale Public Domain project. Maps: (2)Gates Of Memphis, (2)Marshmallow Toast, (4)Bubbles, (4)Clay Fields, (6)Numbskull Desert. Also the Vaylu Public Domain Tileset. Also Ramp Palettes, Brood War guides and some fun stuff. Links in my profile
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-28 17:28:35
December 28 2019 17:28 GMT
#18
On December 28 2019 22:21 Jukado wrote:
Episode 9 has been out for a week or so now. To those that have watched the movie, can you please share your non spoiler reviews. Do you recommend this film to people that are undecided about watching it? If someone didnt like Episode 8, are they likely to not like ep9 either do you think?


There were like 10 different reasons to dislike episode 8, ranging from 'Disney is too SJW! where are the white male actors at!' to 'the plot is complete shit'.
Depending on which of those reasons made you dislike 8, you might also dislike 9

I saw it yesterday evening. I had several 'eyeroll' moments. Said 'you're kidding' out loud at one point.
Still enjoyed the movie. Maybe because I went in with sufficiently low expectations.
I think it was worth the 15 euros, but don't shoot me if you disagree.
Mun_Su
Profile Joined December 2012
France2063 Posts
December 29 2019 22:41 GMT
#19
On December 29 2019 02:28 Laurens wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2019 22:21 Jukado wrote:
Episode 9 has been out for a week or so now. To those that have watched the movie, can you please share your non spoiler reviews. Do you recommend this film to people that are undecided about watching it? If someone didnt like Episode 8, are they likely to not like ep9 either do you think?


There were like 10 different reasons to dislike episode 8, ranging from 'Disney is too SJW! where are the white male actors at!' to 'the plot is complete shit'.
Depending on which of those reasons made you dislike 8, you might also dislike 9

I saw it yesterday evening. I had several 'eyeroll' moments. Said 'you're kidding' out loud at one point.
Still enjoyed the movie. Maybe because I went in with sufficiently low expectations.
I think it was worth the 15 euros, but don't shoot me if you disagree.



wow 15e the ticket?? Where i go it's 10e (near Paris).

the film was the best of new triology, but wasn't great.
INno <3 - TY - Maru - Taeja - Rain <3 - Classic <3 - Stephano <3 - soO <3 - Soulkey - Dark - SERRAL =O / END REGION LOCK
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 608
ProTech176
UpATreeSC 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16083
Calm 3027
Mini 316
Mind 84
910 69
soO 48
Dota 2
Gorgc5819
canceldota66
monkeys_forever41
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4613
Other Games
fl0m2178
FrodaN890
Beastyqt554
olofmeister535
Liquid`Hasu294
Livibee189
C9.Mang0161
IndyStarCraft 138
QueenE65
ZombieGrub65
BRAT_OK 33
MindelVK6
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 0
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• FirePhoenix17
• Michael_bg 1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2902
• WagamamaTV383
Other Games
• imaqtpie892
• Shiphtur679
• Scarra557
• tFFMrPink 13
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 2m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 2m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 2m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.