• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:57
CEST 16:57
KST 23:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War175.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11120 users

Hardcore - a guide & why you should play it - Page 16

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 22 Next All
Roachu
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden692 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-04 01:37:51
August 04 2012 01:33 GMT
#301
I started a Witch Doctor, never played the class before and the people I've played with on softcore used zombie bears like everyone else and didn't put much else thought into the class (indeed why should they...). I'm currently enjoying this class more than anything else in the game and my build is safe to say fucked up. Well it's not much a build per sé its more a playstyle. I kinda hate the very idea of farming so I wanted to see how far I could go with the relatively small bank my wizard had gathered (half a million roughly) and putting as much emphasis on skill as possible. So far I haven't spent much more than 100k and been playing totally solo.
I realized Dire Bats not only travel 40 yards (whatever the fuck that is but its long in-game) but they can also be run-canceled thus are great for kiting. Since I got that skill I've used it as my main damage dealer, letting everything else be survival-based except for the parts where there are tons of nasty cretins swarming over you. For those moments I opted to switch the survivability up a little for Acid Cloud which instakills all types of small enemies. Otherwise I go for Horrify, Spirit Walk, Mass Confusion and Big Bad Voodoo (for mana regen when needed). For primary attack I don't really care, they all suck.
The best and arguably the most fucked up part about the build is it requires a large two-hander, preferably a crossbow since int-crossbows are dirt cheap on AH. This is because they have the highest base-damage in the game and I'm not relying on the "dps"-stat at all. I realize many of you are going to disagree or quite frankly not understand and to you I pose the question "why do you play?". I don't expect an elaborate answer or anything, I just got tired of the Skinner-box aspect of the game (and indeed the genre) and just wanted to see how far I could go by defying as many "dungeon crawler rules" as I could think of. Now I'm playing more or less completely suicidal simply to see when the character is gonna die. Currently just killed Belial on nightmare, I'm expecting death pretty soon because of my rapid decline in interest.
Don't be asshats
C[h]ili
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany167 Posts
August 09 2012 15:34 GMT
#302
Hi there, I have a short question! I am playing a HC Barbarian, currently level 58 in Act 2 Hell. Would you stay in Act 2 till lvl 60, or would you take the risk and try kill Belial? Act 2 is becoming increasingly boring!
unkkz
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Norway2196 Posts
August 09 2012 16:00 GMT
#303
On August 10 2012 00:34 C[h]ili wrote:
Hi there, I have a short question! I am playing a HC Barbarian, currently level 58 in Act 2 Hell. Would you stay in Act 2 till lvl 60, or would you take the risk and try kill Belial? Act 2 is becoming increasingly boring!


Im on my fourth 60 character now and i usually just grind it out in act 1 till 59, then i move to act 3 and grind the last level. But Belial isn't all that hard, if you can handle a bunch of those invisible worms without too many problems then you can handle Belial just fine.
arshock
Profile Joined December 2011
Lithuania33 Posts
August 09 2012 17:54 GMT
#304
After a while i am back in diablo 3 world. Starting a new hardcore character (wizard). Looking for european players to play together. arshock#2670 add me.
DaCruise
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark2457 Posts
August 09 2012 20:25 GMT
#305
On August 10 2012 00:34 C[h]ili wrote:
Hi there, I have a short question! I am playing a HC Barbarian, currently level 58 in Act 2 Hell. Would you stay in Act 2 till lvl 60, or would you take the risk and try kill Belial? Act 2 is becoming increasingly boring!


Belial is a cakewalk, especially for barbs. I even did Azmodan before I dinged 60.
unkkz
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Norway2196 Posts
August 13 2012 17:10 GMT
#306
Argh, people need to stop being idiots on the AH. A pair of shoulders for 63 mil gold? I doubt anyone on HC even has above 50mil gold, and even if you have 100mil gold you dont spend 60% of your gold on a single piece of armor. I've seen alot of this lately, helms for 95 mil, rings/necks for 50mil etc. What's wrong with people? This aint the SC AH...
o3.power91
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Bahrain5288 Posts
August 14 2012 08:22 GMT
#307
Just finished skeleton king on inferno on my first HC char (Wizard) I'm not really sure how to approach builds/gear from now on and this is the path I've been going:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Unlimited-2227/hero/17470758

I've been having doubts about Life on Hit because Hydras don't generate any healing from that, so I've been focusing on Life Regen instead (with Energy Armor on, I should have over 850 life per second constantly). At the same time, I've been trying to stack up a bit on Crit Chance/Dmg. My resistances will be largely buffed by my Barb partner's War Cry. At the same time, I'm not sure if the 40% all resist rune from Energy Armor is overkill, or if I can afford to sacrifice that defense for 5% crit chance. Does anyone have any tips? I'd really like to delay my death as much as possible while progressing through inferno XD
unkkz
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Norway2196 Posts
August 14 2012 12:30 GMT
#308
On August 14 2012 17:22 o3.power91 wrote:
Just finished skeleton king on inferno on my first HC char (Wizard) I'm not really sure how to approach builds/gear from now on and this is the path I've been going:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Unlimited-2227/hero/17470758

I've been having doubts about Life on Hit because Hydras don't generate any healing from that, so I've been focusing on Life Regen instead (with Energy Armor on, I should have over 850 life per second constantly). At the same time, I've been trying to stack up a bit on Crit Chance/Dmg. My resistances will be largely buffed by my Barb partner's War Cry. At the same time, I'm not sure if the 40% all resist rune from Energy Armor is overkill, or if I can afford to sacrifice that defense for 5% crit chance. Does anyone have any tips? I'd really like to delay my death as much as possible while progressing through inferno XD


Your HP along with your resistances are very low, i'd work on that first and foremost. Other then that its just about getting more crit and crit dmg, your offhand can be severely upgraded.
Warri
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany3208 Posts
August 14 2012 12:35 GMT
#309
On August 14 2012 02:10 unkkz wrote:
Argh, people need to stop being idiots on the AH. A pair of shoulders for 63 mil gold? I doubt anyone on HC even has above 50mil gold, and even if you have 100mil gold you dont spend 60% of your gold on a single piece of armor. I've seen alot of this lately, helms for 95 mil, rings/necks for 50mil etc. What's wrong with people? This aint the SC AH...

Ive seen someone bid 120m on this chest armor on a forum.
[image loading]
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
August 14 2012 13:20 GMT
#310
hah, wow. it's definitely worth a fair bit (i would love to use that armor, minus the rubies, for my fire monk), but 120m is kind of crazy

to o3.power91: i think loh is more of a necessity for monks and barbs, since it lets them tank in desecrate/plague/arcane for a little while. for the ranged classes, i think life regen might be more useful. note that i've only played a monk in hc inferno so far, getting as far as a2
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
Chaosu
Profile Joined October 2005
Poland404 Posts
August 14 2012 15:53 GMT
#311
loh works wonders on wizards but you need to use mass hit spell (most popular is that energy spell with rune that changes into moving ball). when i looted 850dps 700loh no stats and changed it with my previous 650dps 250int the dmg was the same, resists got lower but my survivalability jumped a lot to the point when i was able to tank 2/3 elites in a3 just standing in front of them and spamming my basic attack.
Please be patient.
o3.power91
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Bahrain5288 Posts
August 14 2012 16:10 GMT
#312
Thanks for the advice guys. With my Barb partner's War Cry and my Energy Armor runes, I get over 500 all resist. However I only have 26-27k hp so I'm looking to gear up more for Vit and Int (for extra all res+dps). For now I'm gonna be farming with my Barb friend until we're confident to take on Butcher. I'm guessing that will still be a while though.

Just got to Inferno 2 days ago and already had a couple near death experiences due to lag. Generally what I do when I'm in trouble is alternate between Diamond Skin (extra damage absorb rune) and Mirror Image (extra images). When one is on cooldown, the other should be active. I also use the -15% cooldown passive to minimize downtime with defensive spells. Then lastly, Teleport in case it's needed.
Rhaegar99
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Australia1190 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-15 16:08:27
August 15 2012 16:07 GMT
#313
Anyone soloed act 2 on a DH can give me the stats that you finish it with? Act 1 is a cake walk for me now having a lot of trouble safely progressing through act 2. They have like double the hp and they hit so much harder. I'm running 1h+shield 65k hp 3.7k armour 420 AR with 17k dps.
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
August 15 2012 17:14 GMT
#314
i would adjust your gear such that you give up some vit in exchange for armor and AR. you'll also need more DPS to kill belial before he enrages, i believe
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
scDeluX
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada1341 Posts
August 15 2012 18:12 GMT
#315
My fire monk can now comfortably farm a1 since I've found a nice pair of trifecta glove that sold for 5m.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JSnow-1669/hero/24197154

Items are pretty hard to come by, I had 3m+ in the banks for day and can't find a decent upgrade althought I haven't spend much time on ah lately. I know my helm sucks, I want a better one but it's hard to come by.

Feel free to add me if you play hc around act1 inf.

Brood War is forever
ezk
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada239 Posts
August 15 2012 18:40 GMT
#316
On August 16 2012 03:12 scDeluX wrote:
My fire monk can now comfortably farm a1 since I've found a nice pair of trifecta glove that sold for 5m.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JSnow-1669/hero/24197154

Items are pretty hard to come by, I had 3m+ in the banks for day and can't find a decent upgrade althought I haven't spend much time on ah lately. I know my helm sucks, I want a better one but it's hard to come by.

Feel free to add me if you play hc around act1 inf.



You need to show some love to your mercs :D
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
August 15 2012 20:02 GMT
#317
On August 14 2012 02:10 unkkz wrote:
Argh, people need to stop being idiots on the AH. A pair of shoulders for 63 mil gold? I doubt anyone on HC even has above 50mil gold, and even if you have 100mil gold you dont spend 60% of your gold on a single piece of armor. I've seen alot of this lately, helms for 95 mil, rings/necks for 50mil etc. What's wrong with people? This aint the SC AH...

There are enough people with way more gold than that.
Thats how markets work. If YOU dont have that gold that doesn't mean it doesn't sell.
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
unkkz
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Norway2196 Posts
August 15 2012 20:07 GMT
#318
On August 16 2012 01:07 Rhaegar99 wrote:
Anyone soloed act 2 on a DH can give me the stats that you finish it with? Act 1 is a cake walk for me now having a lot of trouble safely progressing through act 2. They have like double the hp and they hit so much harder. I'm running 1h+shield 65k hp 3.7k armour 420 AR with 17k dps.


Drop the shield unless it's a tank build. I was all about the shilds until i died due to taking the wrong WP and on my new DH i went bow and quiver. The extra damage is quite substantial and the loss of survivability is greatly made up by the fact that stuff dies 2 or 3 times as fast. I was about to do Belial before i lost that DH to a DC, but it had 50k dps w/o SS 50k hp and about 550 all res. I wouldn´t of had any issues with him i believe, even solo.
unkkz
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Norway2196 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-15 20:17:21
August 15 2012 20:16 GMT
#319
On August 16 2012 05:02 bluQ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2012 02:10 unkkz wrote:
Argh, people need to stop being idiots on the AH. A pair of shoulders for 63 mil gold? I doubt anyone on HC even has above 50mil gold, and even if you have 100mil gold you dont spend 60% of your gold on a single piece of armor. I've seen alot of this lately, helms for 95 mil, rings/necks for 50mil etc. What's wrong with people? This aint the SC AH...

There are enough people with way more gold than that.
Thats how markets work. If YOU dont have that gold that doesn't mean it doesn't sell.


I seriously doubt there are a lot of people walking around with 200+ mil on HC that haven´t bought it. Even people like Kungen who farmed Goblins all day, every day for like two months only got up to about 30mil while selling most stuff. And out of my 10 or so friends i play/played with the median amount of gold was maybe 10 - 15mil and these were people who farmed quite a lot.

By comparisment i had the highest DPS onehander on AH about 1.5 months ago and it sold for 7mil and if it had better stats 10 maybe. But yeah a lot has changed since then but not _that_ much to go from 10mil for one of the best if not the best 1handers on the AH to 63 mil for a pair of shoulders.
haiau
Profile Joined June 2011
101 Posts
September 14 2012 01:31 GMT
#320
I just started a HC barb. Was wondering if anyone would be interested in trading me like 250k gold for some items or gold on NA? PM me if you are interested! thanks
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 379
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36735
Calm 7420
Bisu 2562
Rain 1411
Jaedong 1040
Horang2 606
BeSt 568
Rush 419
Soma 350
Larva 348
[ Show more ]
Stork 325
Light 275
ZerO 199
Zeus 183
Snow 177
Mind 141
Free 113
910 101
Barracks 79
Killer 57
Sea.KH 49
Mong 43
Hyun 42
Trap 34
ToSsGirL 32
Shinee 31
Terrorterran 25
Pusan 23
Bale 23
Rock 21
Aegong 21
Hm[arnc] 20
sorry 20
Sexy 13
Sacsri 10
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8580
XaKoH 435
Counter-Strike
fl0m4108
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes497
Other Games
gofns34418
singsing2313
B2W.Neo800
hiko460
Lowko355
Mlord333
Hui .184
Livibee170
DeMusliM158
mouzStarbuck135
RotterdaM91
ToD68
QueenE66
Trikslyr66
Mew2King65
KnowMe40
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4221
• Jankos2392
• TFBlade669
Other Games
• Shiphtur283
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 3m
Big Brain Bouts
19h 3m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.