• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:33
CEST 19:33
KST 02:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7323 users

[UPDATE!] Post Your Cake! - Page 32

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 38 Next All
Vedic
Profile Joined March 2008
United States582 Posts
June 15 2009 20:16 GMT
#621
On June 16 2009 05:06 B-612 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 15 2009 22:58 lokiM wrote:
holy shit, TL needs to make a baking team


Not only do I think that TL has a baking team now but we better sweep the christmas baking competition that Blizzard has every year. Imagine if we all combined our techniques into a single guide in advance of the official Blizzard competition.



I haven't heard of this before - link?
I tried to commit seppuku, but I accidentally committed bukkake.
Lglow
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
130 Posts
June 15 2009 20:21 GMT
#622
Beautiful creations. Even when I share this thread with individuals who haven't seen/played SC before... they still are amazed
ktran
Profile Joined June 2009
2 Posts
June 15 2009 20:50 GMT
#623
hello, everyone.

here is my attempt at a spire:

[image loading]


structurally, its not as correct or as elaborate as i wanted it to be,
as the 100x100 img files suggest otherwise.

you can find images of the whole process here,
with links to the higher res pictures, posted in chronological order.

Cake Specs:
Basil-Lemon Cake
Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Frosting.
2 lbs of marzipan, in varied colours

the cake is fluffy and thick,
with lots of lemony-ness that smacks of summer.
utterly delicious.
the subtle hint of basil is a curiously good surprise.
(id add more next time, than the recipe requests.
also id suggest adding more zest or lemon extract to heighten the lemonyness.)

lemon-almond-chocolate is a delicious combination,
but after all the rolling, moulding, pressing, etc,
i dont think i will be eating anything almond for quite some time.

thank you.
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
June 15 2009 22:00 GMT
#624
I cannot believe some of these cakes. Well above what i expected from this thread - truely epic!
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
Pape
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Serbia419 Posts
June 15 2009 22:10 GMT
#625
On June 16 2009 05:50 ktran wrote:
hello, everyone.

here is my attempt at a spire:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


structurally, its not as correct or as elaborate as i wanted it to be,
as the 100x100 img files suggest otherwise.

you can find images of the whole process here,
with links to the higher res pictures, posted in chronological order.

Cake Specs:
Basil-Lemon Cake
Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Frosting.
2 lbs of marzipan, in varied colours

the cake is fluffy and thick,
with lots of lemony-ness that smacks of summer.
utterly delicious.
the subtle hint of basil is a curiously good surprise.
(id add more next time, than the recipe requests.
also id suggest adding more zest or lemon extract to heighten the lemonyness.)

lemon-almond-chocolate is a delicious combination,
but after all the rolling, moulding, pressing, etc,
i dont think i will be eating anything almond for quite some time.

thank you
.


Great cake man! But it is 12 hours after the deadline!!
good luck have fun!
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
June 15 2009 22:13 GMT
#626
Hmm, his blog was made on June 14th tho..
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Pape
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Serbia419 Posts
June 15 2009 22:16 GMT
#627
Good point, he is probably thinking PM instead of AM and wanted to submit it last minute. I say let him in!
good luck have fun!
B-612
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada33 Posts
June 16 2009 00:06 GMT
#628
Vedic, I'm sure that the pool of talent that TL has with regards to making fine pastry goodness a solid group of people could make a team and storm the ginger bread cookie contest that Blizz has during the holiday season. While the ones before only involved WoW stuff I'm sure with SC2 slated for a Q4 release that they would likely make it a blizzard shaped food contest.

The only link I've been able to find is to the 2006 baking competition check this out only one guy used marzipan, weak.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/contests/holiday06/winners-cookie.xml

In the honourable mentions section there sits a lonely nexus.
Don't play to win, play to get better.
Vedic
Profile Joined March 2008
United States582 Posts
June 16 2009 00:19 GMT
#629
On June 16 2009 09:06 B-612 wrote:
Vedic, I'm sure that the pool of talent that TL has with regards to making fine pastry goodness a solid group of people could make a team and storm the ginger bread cookie contest that Blizz has during the holiday season. While the ones before only involved WoW stuff I'm sure with SC2 slated for a Q4 release that they would likely make it a blizzard shaped food contest.

The only link I've been able to find is to the 2006 baking competition check this out only one guy used marzipan, weak.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/contests/holiday06/winners-cookie.xml

In the honourable mentions section there sits a lonely nexus.


We'll be on the lookout for it. I'm sure my wife would like to try some different techniques with fondant, and we can also try out some soft gingerbread.
I tried to commit seppuku, but I accidentally committed bukkake.
Zabestrial
Profile Joined June 2009
United States194 Posts
June 16 2009 00:23 GMT
#630
[image loading]

Poll: Would you be mad if you didnt win anything from this contest?
(Vote): Yes, i want at least 1 SC2 key to show for it.
(Vote): Yes, i would want a poster or something that shows i participated.
(Vote): Yes, i would want...
(Vote): No, i dont care if i lost.


Dont mean to be mean to the makers of TL but...

-Zabestrial
www.YouTube.com/BreakingHaven
Pape
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Serbia419 Posts
June 16 2009 01:02 GMT
#631
I'm giving my 2nd key to 4th place if I win as is, I hope the others can be as nice if they win to share with all these great people that put the time into it. I don't see how anybody in top 3 can feel that they didn't end up there without some luck out of 50 awsome cakes. At least more people can be happy like that and people here that made these cakes deserve it more than their friends who might not have done shit, thats all my opinion.
good luck have fun!
Vedic
Profile Joined March 2008
United States582 Posts
June 16 2009 01:08 GMT
#632
On June 16 2009 09:23 Zabestrial wrote:
Dont mean to be mean to the makers of TL but...

-Zabestrial


but what? This is a friendly competition for a game - no need to get mad or be mean to anybody. The cakes made should be prize enough, and anything that anyone wins should be considered a bonus.
I tried to commit seppuku, but I accidentally committed bukkake.
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
June 16 2009 01:22 GMT
#633
That poll is awful...
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
June 16 2009 01:26 GMT
#634
[image loading]

Poll: Do you understand how contests work?
(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No

http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
June 16 2009 02:01 GMT
#635
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 16 2009 10:02 Pape wrote:
I'm giving my 2nd key to 4th place if I win as is, I hope the others can be as nice if they win to share with all these great people that put the time into it. I don't see how anybody in top 3 can feel that they didn't end up there without some luck out of 50 awsome cakes. At least more people can be happy like that and people here that made these cakes deserve it more than their friends who might not have done shit, thats all my opinion.

Alot of these cakes (from their authentication pictures) were made by more than one person, so I'm guessing they would give their beta key to them instead. So don't hold your breathe is all I'm saying.

Good luck to everyone, does anyone know if TL mods are in the process of judging already? I really want to know who the top three are
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
Pape
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Serbia419 Posts
June 16 2009 02:10 GMT
#636
On June 16 2009 11:01 hyde wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 16 2009 10:02 Pape wrote:
I'm giving my 2nd key to 4th place if I win as is, I hope the others can be as nice if they win to share with all these great people that put the time into it. I don't see how anybody in top 3 can feel that they didn't end up there without some luck out of 50 awsome cakes. At least more people can be happy like that and people here that made these cakes deserve it more than their friends who might not have done shit, thats all my opinion.

Alot of these cakes (from their authentication pictures) were made by more than one person, so I'm guessing they would give their beta key to them instead. So don't hold your breathe is all I'm saying.

Good luck to everyone, does anyone know if TL mods are in the process of judging already? I really want to know who the top three are


I doubt that MOST of these cakes were made by more than 1 person. I know I worked on mine all alone and it came out pretty damn good. Although some people did have wives and girlfriends help them and they mentioned that, but really I doubt their significant others want a beta key. But in the end, the rules are 2 keys and whoever gets them can do what they want. I'm just trying to reward the other cakes, but I know not everybody in the world works like that.
good luck have fun!
pieisamazing
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1234 Posts
June 16 2009 02:16 GMT
#637
My brother pretty much just wanted to play with fondant, that's why he's in some pictures. I was originally going to give my second key to him, but after seeing all these, I would definitely give the second one to a great one that didn't win. Of course, I'm nowhere near the top 3 so my word isn't worth much, haha!
connoisseur
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
June 16 2009 02:18 GMT
#638
Staff is judging now. Judging will close Friday at 12:00pm TL time then we will make a news post.

Barring any major problems anyway.
ModeratorGodfather
Zabestrial
Profile Joined June 2009
United States194 Posts
June 16 2009 02:20 GMT
#639
On June 16 2009 10:08 Vedic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2009 09:23 Zabestrial wrote:
Dont mean to be mean to the makers of TL but...

-Zabestrial


but what? This is a friendly competition for a game - no need to get mad or be mean to anybody. The cakes made should be prize enough, and anything that anyone wins should be considered a bonus.



i know but the poll i make could be taken in the wrong way so i said that
www.YouTube.com/BreakingHaven
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
June 16 2009 02:24 GMT
#640
On June 16 2009 11:18 Manifesto7 wrote:
Staff is judging now. Judging will close Friday at 12:00pm TL time then we will make a news post.

Barring any major problems anyway.

Look forward to it, btw did you end up getting any cake sent your way? hahaha
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM708
TKL 312
TaKeTV 261
IndyStarCraft 177
BRAT_OK 137
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 708
TKL 312
IndyStarCraft 177
ProTech144
BRAT_OK 137
MaxPax 93
UpATreeSC 80
Rex 63
MindelVK 19
EmSc Tv 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 937
EffOrt 592
Mini 534
ggaemo 178
firebathero 167
Barracks 59
910 56
Hyun 48
Shine 42
Shinee 40
[ Show more ]
Killer 31
Bale 28
Sea.KH 25
ToSsGirL 20
Trap 19
soO 17
yabsab 11
White-Ra 11
Dota 2
qojqva4296
Counter-Strike
Fnx 707
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3840
crisheroes1455
Liquid`Hasu1090
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2670
singsing1494
B2W.Neo1016
ceh9588
Beastyqt480
ArmadaUGS173
C9.Mang0127
Dewaltoss94
Trikslyr47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream459
Other Games
BasetradeTV187
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 11
EmSc2Tv 11
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile115
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2247
• TFBlade920
Other Games
• Shiphtur247
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 27m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.