• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:11
CEST 20:11
KST 03:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9522 users

Foreigners Still Suck - Page 29

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 Next All
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
February 23 2009 22:02 GMT
#561
On February 24 2009 06:55 minus_human wrote:
From the other thread:

I think many new kids on TL lack the maturity to accurately judge people from a psychological standpoint

Yes Idra acted BM, but that warrants no one any right to shit talk. That's just primitive, rude and really stupid.

I believe that Idra's comments after the games were an attempt to defend himself, mostly from his own crashed confidence. I'm sure that he's really hurt inside from not performing up to everyone's, especially HIS expectations.

I'm absolutely disgusted by the lack of sensitivity some people have displayed, just beating the guy while he's down. If you are an Idra fan, accept that he is emotional at times, and that his rudeness is ONLY A SELF-DEFENSE MECHANISM. If you are not, get an accurate view on the situation, and fucking leave it be, maybe he'll grow up emotionally someday and turn into a confident, resilient and mannered player, maybe he will not, but your trash talking about him is RETARDED.

You may express your disagreement with the fact that he can't accept his losses in the way of what is generally considered good sportsmanship, but be fucking civil about it. In all my time at TLnet, I've rarely witnessed such a moronic flamewar.

Rekrul, you knew perfectly well what you're gonna start, and in my opinion, although most of what you rudely expressed has a certain degree of validity, you went too far. You could have been more civil, and I don't really see how all the anger in your initial post is only from Idra's statements post-game, but whatever.

As the old and respected member you are, you could have made a more encouraging post, not a bashing post to start this ABSOLUTELY retarded shitstorm.You may have been right, but being so rude is of no help to anyone (especially Idra) - and this COULD have been something beneficial to the whole community, especially since you have first hand experience of what it really takes to be a professional Starcraft player.


You'd be right, except that this isn't an isolated incident where Idra just had a bad day and lost control of his emotions. I mean really, it'd be like people crying a river for FBH when Much made a heart on the map, or if Savior one day got to dance around him. What goes around comes around.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
s.a.y
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Croatia3840 Posts
February 23 2009 22:03 GMT
#562
On February 24 2009 06:56 minus_human wrote:
Also listen to Testie you freaking noobs


why should we?

I will rather listen to Rekrul, because he is correct. Idra is very bad mannered by saying that F91 played dumb. He did not type GG. He assumed, he did not adjust during the games. And its not the first time.

Adjust or leave.
I am not good with quotes
Louder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States2276 Posts
February 23 2009 22:04 GMT
#563
On February 24 2009 04:59 MYM.Testie wrote:
Basically, you're a huge douche with no remorse in this thread. Albeit entertaining and there's no real level of animosity, it's at someones expense.

IdrA lost a showmatch and talked about it from a purely logical and strategic point of view with poor wording. And people like you and all the other people who flamed him acted far worse than he did. There's nothing he said that was bad enough to warrant the hate he has gotten. Far nicer words could have yielded better results. It is understood why it's done. However, the end doesn't justify the means to get rid of this perceived arrogance he has.

Now, that said. That thread might be funny or entertaining, but it was too much and is childish. Kicking someone when they're down. He's taken a lot of that in another thread previous to yours where he really didn't do anything wrong except not perform to his own expectations. This alone would have him thinking and has got to hurt him enough and mind fuck him enough when he's playing like he is right now. It's a tonne of pressure and each loss mounts onto that at that stage because he's not performing up to his expectations.

When people go around trying to tear down his ego or his arrogance... the complete audacity to ask that of someone before checking their own ego and arrogance at the door. All these people lecturing and talking down to him is just mind blowing after they have shown that they are in no position to do so by the way they are doing it.

If you want to give tips or pointers to help him out, do it in a far more constructive manner. Drop some wisdom instead. All I have seen is a bunch of children attempting to be alpha males save for a few posts. People expect him to be and act professional while not having a shred of decency or professionalism from themselves. It's no excuse that they're not on a pro team (to everyone condescending / lecturing / flaming towards him). Lead by example.

I really don't know where this idea comes from on TL.net but it's very common. Someone may do something slightly idiotic, and it gives everyone the right to be a jackass. Two wrongs don't make a right people.


It may not be the "right" thing to do but I'm sure it certainly gives people a deep sense of satisfaction to see a guy who treats everyone he comes in contact with like dog shit failing miserably - and getting to dump on him for it. It's not like Idra said gg and respectfully accepted the loss. He did what he does - he acted like a flaming fuckhead and cried about it. Of course people jump on the opportunity.

You're trying to hold people to much too high a relative standard. This isn't about constructive criticism, it's about venting and getting some revenge. Maybe it's not the moral high road, but it's certainly not wrong.


On another note, I think what would be far more effective would have been for no one to respond to any posts about this and to not make any comments at all about the series. Shake your head and forget about it. I think that would have said a lot more to Idra than a flamefest, however fun the flamefest may be -_-
Ganfei
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Taiwan1439 Posts
February 23 2009 22:08 GMT
#564
A similar case might be actually....Kanye West

Kayne West is obviously not of huge similarity, just the part where he talks about being the voice of teh Generation and how he shoulda been in the bible and shit, then he doesn't win some MTV award or w/e and throws a hugeass hissy fit and people tell him he deserves it cause he's an arrogant cockmonger
You are crushing me like a cheese sandwich
minus_human
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
4784 Posts
February 23 2009 22:15 GMT
#565
On February 24 2009 07:02 Chef wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 06:55 minus_human wrote:
From the other thread:

I think many new kids on TL lack the maturity to accurately judge people from a psychological standpoint

Yes Idra acted BM, but that warrants no one any right to shit talk. That's just primitive, rude and really stupid.

I believe that Idra's comments after the games were an attempt to defend himself, mostly from his own crashed confidence. I'm sure that he's really hurt inside from not performing up to everyone's, especially HIS expectations.

I'm absolutely disgusted by the lack of sensitivity some people have displayed, just beating the guy while he's down. If you are an Idra fan, accept that he is emotional at times, and that his rudeness is ONLY A SELF-DEFENSE MECHANISM. If you are not, get an accurate view on the situation, and fucking leave it be, maybe he'll grow up emotionally someday and turn into a confident, resilient and mannered player, maybe he will not, but your trash talking about him is RETARDED.

You may express your disagreement with the fact that he can't accept his losses in the way of what is generally considered good sportsmanship, but be fucking civil about it. In all my time at TLnet, I've rarely witnessed such a moronic flamewar.

Rekrul, you knew perfectly well what you're gonna start, and in my opinion, although most of what you rudely expressed has a certain degree of validity, you went too far. You could have been more civil, and I don't really see how all the anger in your initial post is only from Idra's statements post-game, but whatever.

As the old and respected member you are, you could have made a more encouraging post, not a bashing post to start this ABSOLUTELY retarded shitstorm.You may have been right, but being so rude is of no help to anyone (especially Idra) - and this COULD have been something beneficial to the whole community, especially since you have first hand experience of what it really takes to be a professional Starcraft player.


You'd be right, except that this isn't an isolated incident where Idra just had a bad day and lost control of his emotions. I mean really, it'd be like people crying a river for FBH when Much made a heart on the map, or if Savior one day got to dance around him. What goes around comes around.



Yes... but it still doesn't feel right. I don't know, it's really hard to favorably judge Idra based on his online behavior, but I guess I'm more lenient since I can identify my past, immature self with him.
I thought we, as the TLnet community could have showed more understanding, but that is really hard in real life, not to speak of an online forum, and especially if Idra isn't helping at all.

I'm sure if he would have just said GG, and make a blog afterward stating his honest concerns with his performance (which I'm pretty sure he has) hundreds of people would've have sympathized - but I guess that's really unlike him, and that's why no one but a few close friends will ever know about his more sensible part.

Oh well, I guess life goes on regardless
iloveHieu
Profile Joined November 2007
United States1919 Posts
February 23 2009 22:20 GMT
#566
great post Testie my hero, good to see you!
Xellos <3
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
February 23 2009 22:24 GMT
#567
On February 24 2009 07:15 minus_human wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 07:02 Chef wrote:
On February 24 2009 06:55 minus_human wrote:
From the other thread:

I think many new kids on TL lack the maturity to accurately judge people from a psychological standpoint

Yes Idra acted BM, but that warrants no one any right to shit talk. That's just primitive, rude and really stupid.

I believe that Idra's comments after the games were an attempt to defend himself, mostly from his own crashed confidence. I'm sure that he's really hurt inside from not performing up to everyone's, especially HIS expectations.

I'm absolutely disgusted by the lack of sensitivity some people have displayed, just beating the guy while he's down. If you are an Idra fan, accept that he is emotional at times, and that his rudeness is ONLY A SELF-DEFENSE MECHANISM. If you are not, get an accurate view on the situation, and fucking leave it be, maybe he'll grow up emotionally someday and turn into a confident, resilient and mannered player, maybe he will not, but your trash talking about him is RETARDED.

You may express your disagreement with the fact that he can't accept his losses in the way of what is generally considered good sportsmanship, but be fucking civil about it. In all my time at TLnet, I've rarely witnessed such a moronic flamewar.

Rekrul, you knew perfectly well what you're gonna start, and in my opinion, although most of what you rudely expressed has a certain degree of validity, you went too far. You could have been more civil, and I don't really see how all the anger in your initial post is only from Idra's statements post-game, but whatever.

As the old and respected member you are, you could have made a more encouraging post, not a bashing post to start this ABSOLUTELY retarded shitstorm.You may have been right, but being so rude is of no help to anyone (especially Idra) - and this COULD have been something beneficial to the whole community, especially since you have first hand experience of what it really takes to be a professional Starcraft player.


You'd be right, except that this isn't an isolated incident where Idra just had a bad day and lost control of his emotions. I mean really, it'd be like people crying a river for FBH when Much made a heart on the map, or if Savior one day got to dance around him. What goes around comes around.



Yes... but it still doesn't feel right. I don't know, it's really hard to favorably judge Idra based on his online behavior, but I guess I'm more lenient since I can identify my past, immature self with him.
I thought we, as the TLnet community could have showed more understanding, but that is really hard in real life, not to speak of an online forum, and especially if Idra isn't helping at all.

I'm sure if he would have just said GG, and make a blog afterward stating his honest concerns with his performance (which I'm pretty sure he has) hundreds of people would've have sympathized - but I guess that's really unlike him, and that's why no one but a few close friends will ever know about his more sensible part.

Oh well, I guess life goes on regardless

If you're his friend just hope he takes it in stride and learns something from this experience. Like Rekrul said, I don't think he's crying himself to sleep over this. All he can do is laugh at himself and improve. We all end up learning the hard way at one time or another.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
minus_human
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
4784 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-23 22:28:32
February 23 2009 22:27 GMT
#568
On February 24 2009 07:24 Chef wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 07:15 minus_human wrote:
On February 24 2009 07:02 Chef wrote:
On February 24 2009 06:55 minus_human wrote:
From the other thread:

I think many new kids on TL lack the maturity to accurately judge people from a psychological standpoint

Yes Idra acted BM, but that warrants no one any right to shit talk. That's just primitive, rude and really stupid.

I believe that Idra's comments after the games were an attempt to defend himself, mostly from his own crashed confidence. I'm sure that he's really hurt inside from not performing up to everyone's, especially HIS expectations.

I'm absolutely disgusted by the lack of sensitivity some people have displayed, just beating the guy while he's down. If you are an Idra fan, accept that he is emotional at times, and that his rudeness is ONLY A SELF-DEFENSE MECHANISM. If you are not, get an accurate view on the situation, and fucking leave it be, maybe he'll grow up emotionally someday and turn into a confident, resilient and mannered player, maybe he will not, but your trash talking about him is RETARDED.

You may express your disagreement with the fact that he can't accept his losses in the way of what is generally considered good sportsmanship, but be fucking civil about it. In all my time at TLnet, I've rarely witnessed such a moronic flamewar.

Rekrul, you knew perfectly well what you're gonna start, and in my opinion, although most of what you rudely expressed has a certain degree of validity, you went too far. You could have been more civil, and I don't really see how all the anger in your initial post is only from Idra's statements post-game, but whatever.

As the old and respected member you are, you could have made a more encouraging post, not a bashing post to start this ABSOLUTELY retarded shitstorm.You may have been right, but being so rude is of no help to anyone (especially Idra) - and this COULD have been something beneficial to the whole community, especially since you have first hand experience of what it really takes to be a professional Starcraft player.


You'd be right, except that this isn't an isolated incident where Idra just had a bad day and lost control of his emotions. I mean really, it'd be like people crying a river for FBH when Much made a heart on the map, or if Savior one day got to dance around him. What goes around comes around.



Yes... but it still doesn't feel right. I don't know, it's really hard to favorably judge Idra based on his online behavior, but I guess I'm more lenient since I can identify my past, immature self with him.
I thought we, as the TLnet community could have showed more understanding, but that is really hard in real life, not to speak of an online forum, and especially if Idra isn't helping at all.

I'm sure if he would have just said GG, and make a blog afterward stating his honest concerns with his performance (which I'm pretty sure he has) hundreds of people would've have sympathized - but I guess that's really unlike him, and that's why no one but a few close friends will ever know about his more sensible part.

Oh well, I guess life goes on regardless

If you're his friend just hope he takes it in stride and learns something from this experience. Like Rekrul said, I don't think he's crying himself to sleep over this. All he can do is laugh at himself and improve. We all end up learning the hard way at one time or another.



I agree, I think that if he doesn't learn anything he usually ends up believing his own illogical excuses dismissing any chance that he may had been wrong ingame, and in an arrogant fashion.

Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
February 23 2009 22:33 GMT
#569
On February 24 2009 07:24 Chef wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 07:15 minus_human wrote:
On February 24 2009 07:02 Chef wrote:
On February 24 2009 06:55 minus_human wrote:
From the other thread:

I think many new kids on TL lack the maturity to accurately judge people from a psychological standpoint

Yes Idra acted BM, but that warrants no one any right to shit talk. That's just primitive, rude and really stupid.

I believe that Idra's comments after the games were an attempt to defend himself, mostly from his own crashed confidence. I'm sure that he's really hurt inside from not performing up to everyone's, especially HIS expectations.

I'm absolutely disgusted by the lack of sensitivity some people have displayed, just beating the guy while he's down. If you are an Idra fan, accept that he is emotional at times, and that his rudeness is ONLY A SELF-DEFENSE MECHANISM. If you are not, get an accurate view on the situation, and fucking leave it be, maybe he'll grow up emotionally someday and turn into a confident, resilient and mannered player, maybe he will not, but your trash talking about him is RETARDED.

You may express your disagreement with the fact that he can't accept his losses in the way of what is generally considered good sportsmanship, but be fucking civil about it. In all my time at TLnet, I've rarely witnessed such a moronic flamewar.

Rekrul, you knew perfectly well what you're gonna start, and in my opinion, although most of what you rudely expressed has a certain degree of validity, you went too far. You could have been more civil, and I don't really see how all the anger in your initial post is only from Idra's statements post-game, but whatever.

As the old and respected member you are, you could have made a more encouraging post, not a bashing post to start this ABSOLUTELY retarded shitstorm.You may have been right, but being so rude is of no help to anyone (especially Idra) - and this COULD have been something beneficial to the whole community, especially since you have first hand experience of what it really takes to be a professional Starcraft player.


You'd be right, except that this isn't an isolated incident where Idra just had a bad day and lost control of his emotions. I mean really, it'd be like people crying a river for FBH when Much made a heart on the map, or if Savior one day got to dance around him. What goes around comes around.



Yes... but it still doesn't feel right. I don't know, it's really hard to favorably judge Idra based on his online behavior, but I guess I'm more lenient since I can identify my past, immature self with him.
I thought we, as the TLnet community could have showed more understanding, but that is really hard in real life, not to speak of an online forum, and especially if Idra isn't helping at all.

I'm sure if he would have just said GG, and make a blog afterward stating his honest concerns with his performance (which I'm pretty sure he has) hundreds of people would've have sympathized - but I guess that's really unlike him, and that's why no one but a few close friends will ever know about his more sensible part.

Oh well, I guess life goes on regardless

If you're his friend just hope he takes it in stride and learns something from this experience. Like Rekrul said, I don't think he's crying himself to sleep over this. All he can do is laugh at himself and improve. We all end up learning the hard way at one time or another.

He takes it seriously, he believes in himself and he believes he can beat anyone. In many ways that's a good thing.
You can't say for sure he's just brushing it aside as nothing, I'm sure he's pretty gutted.
I just hope he learns from the experiences and improves.

Bring on TSL2, that's what I say.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
February 23 2009 22:37 GMT
#570
On February 24 2009 07:33 Klive5ive wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 07:24 Chef wrote:
On February 24 2009 07:15 minus_human wrote:
On February 24 2009 07:02 Chef wrote:
On February 24 2009 06:55 minus_human wrote:
From the other thread:

I think many new kids on TL lack the maturity to accurately judge people from a psychological standpoint

Yes Idra acted BM, but that warrants no one any right to shit talk. That's just primitive, rude and really stupid.

I believe that Idra's comments after the games were an attempt to defend himself, mostly from his own crashed confidence. I'm sure that he's really hurt inside from not performing up to everyone's, especially HIS expectations.

I'm absolutely disgusted by the lack of sensitivity some people have displayed, just beating the guy while he's down. If you are an Idra fan, accept that he is emotional at times, and that his rudeness is ONLY A SELF-DEFENSE MECHANISM. If you are not, get an accurate view on the situation, and fucking leave it be, maybe he'll grow up emotionally someday and turn into a confident, resilient and mannered player, maybe he will not, but your trash talking about him is RETARDED.

You may express your disagreement with the fact that he can't accept his losses in the way of what is generally considered good sportsmanship, but be fucking civil about it. In all my time at TLnet, I've rarely witnessed such a moronic flamewar.

Rekrul, you knew perfectly well what you're gonna start, and in my opinion, although most of what you rudely expressed has a certain degree of validity, you went too far. You could have been more civil, and I don't really see how all the anger in your initial post is only from Idra's statements post-game, but whatever.

As the old and respected member you are, you could have made a more encouraging post, not a bashing post to start this ABSOLUTELY retarded shitstorm.You may have been right, but being so rude is of no help to anyone (especially Idra) - and this COULD have been something beneficial to the whole community, especially since you have first hand experience of what it really takes to be a professional Starcraft player.


You'd be right, except that this isn't an isolated incident where Idra just had a bad day and lost control of his emotions. I mean really, it'd be like people crying a river for FBH when Much made a heart on the map, or if Savior one day got to dance around him. What goes around comes around.



Yes... but it still doesn't feel right. I don't know, it's really hard to favorably judge Idra based on his online behavior, but I guess I'm more lenient since I can identify my past, immature self with him.
I thought we, as the TLnet community could have showed more understanding, but that is really hard in real life, not to speak of an online forum, and especially if Idra isn't helping at all.

I'm sure if he would have just said GG, and make a blog afterward stating his honest concerns with his performance (which I'm pretty sure he has) hundreds of people would've have sympathized - but I guess that's really unlike him, and that's why no one but a few close friends will ever know about his more sensible part.

Oh well, I guess life goes on regardless

If you're his friend just hope he takes it in stride and learns something from this experience. Like Rekrul said, I don't think he's crying himself to sleep over this. All he can do is laugh at himself and improve. We all end up learning the hard way at one time or another.

He takes it seriously, he believes in himself and he believes he can beat anyone. In many ways that's a good thing.
You can't say for sure he's just brushing it aside as nothing, I'm sure he's pretty gutted.
I just hope he learns from the experiences and improves.

Bring on TSL2, that's what I say.

So you're saying you'll work 8 hours a day on TSL2? I'm sick of people being like "gogo tsl2" as if we're just too lazy to flick a switch and make it happen.
Moderator
minus_human
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
4784 Posts
February 23 2009 22:38 GMT
#571
Also I'm curious to know, how well can Idra communicate with his Korean training partners from CJ? I don't think he speaks any Korean, and as far as I can guess, none of the players there know English.

could someone elaborate? If he is hardly able to communicate with them, it makes a little more sense as to why he's practice has been so mechanics-focused, while lacking the development of a bigger game perspective.
minus_human
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
4784 Posts
February 23 2009 22:39 GMT
#572
On February 24 2009 07:37 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 07:33 Klive5ive wrote:
On February 24 2009 07:24 Chef wrote:
On February 24 2009 07:15 minus_human wrote:
On February 24 2009 07:02 Chef wrote:
On February 24 2009 06:55 minus_human wrote:
From the other thread:

I think many new kids on TL lack the maturity to accurately judge people from a psychological standpoint

Yes Idra acted BM, but that warrants no one any right to shit talk. That's just primitive, rude and really stupid.

I believe that Idra's comments after the games were an attempt to defend himself, mostly from his own crashed confidence. I'm sure that he's really hurt inside from not performing up to everyone's, especially HIS expectations.

I'm absolutely disgusted by the lack of sensitivity some people have displayed, just beating the guy while he's down. If you are an Idra fan, accept that he is emotional at times, and that his rudeness is ONLY A SELF-DEFENSE MECHANISM. If you are not, get an accurate view on the situation, and fucking leave it be, maybe he'll grow up emotionally someday and turn into a confident, resilient and mannered player, maybe he will not, but your trash talking about him is RETARDED.

You may express your disagreement with the fact that he can't accept his losses in the way of what is generally considered good sportsmanship, but be fucking civil about it. In all my time at TLnet, I've rarely witnessed such a moronic flamewar.

Rekrul, you knew perfectly well what you're gonna start, and in my opinion, although most of what you rudely expressed has a certain degree of validity, you went too far. You could have been more civil, and I don't really see how all the anger in your initial post is only from Idra's statements post-game, but whatever.

As the old and respected member you are, you could have made a more encouraging post, not a bashing post to start this ABSOLUTELY retarded shitstorm.You may have been right, but being so rude is of no help to anyone (especially Idra) - and this COULD have been something beneficial to the whole community, especially since you have first hand experience of what it really takes to be a professional Starcraft player.


You'd be right, except that this isn't an isolated incident where Idra just had a bad day and lost control of his emotions. I mean really, it'd be like people crying a river for FBH when Much made a heart on the map, or if Savior one day got to dance around him. What goes around comes around.



Yes... but it still doesn't feel right. I don't know, it's really hard to favorably judge Idra based on his online behavior, but I guess I'm more lenient since I can identify my past, immature self with him.
I thought we, as the TLnet community could have showed more understanding, but that is really hard in real life, not to speak of an online forum, and especially if Idra isn't helping at all.

I'm sure if he would have just said GG, and make a blog afterward stating his honest concerns with his performance (which I'm pretty sure he has) hundreds of people would've have sympathized - but I guess that's really unlike him, and that's why no one but a few close friends will ever know about his more sensible part.

Oh well, I guess life goes on regardless

If you're his friend just hope he takes it in stride and learns something from this experience. Like Rekrul said, I don't think he's crying himself to sleep over this. All he can do is laugh at himself and improve. We all end up learning the hard way at one time or another.

He takes it seriously, he believes in himself and he believes he can beat anyone. In many ways that's a good thing.
You can't say for sure he's just brushing it aside as nothing, I'm sure he's pretty gutted.
I just hope he learns from the experiences and improves.

Bring on TSL2, that's what I say.

So you're saying you'll work 8 hours a day on TSL2? I'm sick of people being like "gogo tsl2" as if we're just too lazy to flick a switch and make it happen.



haha I was gonna say smth like this

and LOL there's a lot of sponsorship required, that money doesn't just grow on every fucking tree
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
February 23 2009 22:46 GMT
#573
On February 24 2009 07:37 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 07:33 Klive5ive wrote:
On February 24 2009 07:24 Chef wrote:
On February 24 2009 07:15 minus_human wrote:
On February 24 2009 07:02 Chef wrote:
On February 24 2009 06:55 minus_human wrote:
From the other thread:

I think many new kids on TL lack the maturity to accurately judge people from a psychological standpoint

Yes Idra acted BM, but that warrants no one any right to shit talk. That's just primitive, rude and really stupid.

I believe that Idra's comments after the games were an attempt to defend himself, mostly from his own crashed confidence. I'm sure that he's really hurt inside from not performing up to everyone's, especially HIS expectations.

I'm absolutely disgusted by the lack of sensitivity some people have displayed, just beating the guy while he's down. If you are an Idra fan, accept that he is emotional at times, and that his rudeness is ONLY A SELF-DEFENSE MECHANISM. If you are not, get an accurate view on the situation, and fucking leave it be, maybe he'll grow up emotionally someday and turn into a confident, resilient and mannered player, maybe he will not, but your trash talking about him is RETARDED.

You may express your disagreement with the fact that he can't accept his losses in the way of what is generally considered good sportsmanship, but be fucking civil about it. In all my time at TLnet, I've rarely witnessed such a moronic flamewar.

Rekrul, you knew perfectly well what you're gonna start, and in my opinion, although most of what you rudely expressed has a certain degree of validity, you went too far. You could have been more civil, and I don't really see how all the anger in your initial post is only from Idra's statements post-game, but whatever.

As the old and respected member you are, you could have made a more encouraging post, not a bashing post to start this ABSOLUTELY retarded shitstorm.You may have been right, but being so rude is of no help to anyone (especially Idra) - and this COULD have been something beneficial to the whole community, especially since you have first hand experience of what it really takes to be a professional Starcraft player.


You'd be right, except that this isn't an isolated incident where Idra just had a bad day and lost control of his emotions. I mean really, it'd be like people crying a river for FBH when Much made a heart on the map, or if Savior one day got to dance around him. What goes around comes around.



Yes... but it still doesn't feel right. I don't know, it's really hard to favorably judge Idra based on his online behavior, but I guess I'm more lenient since I can identify my past, immature self with him.
I thought we, as the TLnet community could have showed more understanding, but that is really hard in real life, not to speak of an online forum, and especially if Idra isn't helping at all.

I'm sure if he would have just said GG, and make a blog afterward stating his honest concerns with his performance (which I'm pretty sure he has) hundreds of people would've have sympathized - but I guess that's really unlike him, and that's why no one but a few close friends will ever know about his more sensible part.

Oh well, I guess life goes on regardless

If you're his friend just hope he takes it in stride and learns something from this experience. Like Rekrul said, I don't think he's crying himself to sleep over this. All he can do is laugh at himself and improve. We all end up learning the hard way at one time or another.

He takes it seriously, he believes in himself and he believes he can beat anyone. In many ways that's a good thing.
You can't say for sure he's just brushing it aside as nothing, I'm sure he's pretty gutted.
I just hope he learns from the experiences and improves.

Bring on TSL2, that's what I say.

So you're saying you'll work 8 hours a day on TSL2? I'm sick of people being like "gogo tsl2" as if we're just too lazy to flick a switch and make it happen.
Nah you got me wrong I'm not saying that at all... I'm just saying it will be incredibly awesome if it happens.
I would actually love to help in anyway I can.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
EGMachine
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States1643 Posts
February 23 2009 22:47 GMT
#574
he knows basic korean, after living in korea for 9 months you have to pick up SOMETHING
I'm like, the coolest
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
February 23 2009 22:47 GMT
#575
On February 24 2009 04:59 MYM.Testie wrote:
Basically, you're a huge douche with no remorse in this thread. Albeit entertaining and there's no real level of animosity, it's at someones expense.

IdrA lost a showmatch and talked about it from a purely logical and strategic point of view with poor wording. And people like you and all the other people who flamed him acted far worse than he did. There's nothing he said that was bad enough to warrant the hate he has gotten. Far nicer words could have yielded better results. It is understood why it's done. However, the end doesn't justify the means to get rid of this perceived arrogance he has.

Now, that said. That thread might be funny or entertaining, but it was too much and is childish. Kicking someone when they're down. He's taken a lot of that in another thread previous to yours where he really didn't do anything wrong except not perform to his own expectations. This alone would have him thinking and has got to hurt him enough and mind fuck him enough when he's playing like he is right now. It's a tonne of pressure and each loss mounts onto that at that stage because he's not performing up to his expectations.

When people go around trying to tear down his ego or his arrogance... the complete audacity to ask that of someone before checking their own ego and arrogance at the door. All these people lecturing and talking down to him is just mind blowing after they have shown that they are in no position to do so by the way they are doing it.

If you want to give tips or pointers to help him out, do it in a far more constructive manner. Drop some wisdom instead. All I have seen is a bunch of children attempting to be alpha males save for a few posts. People expect him to be and act professional while not having a shred of decency or professionalism from themselves. It's no excuse that they're not on a pro team (to everyone condescending / lecturing / flaming towards him). Lead by example.

I really don't know where this idea comes from on TL.net but it's very common. Someone may do something slightly idiotic, and it gives everyone the right to be a jackass. Two wrongs don't make a right people.


lol!

IdrA lost a showmatch and talked about it from a purely logical and strategic point of view with poor wording. And people like you and all the other people who flamed him acted far worse than he did.


He banned Manifesto and continued with out letting him ob for the sick lag alone...ok maybe thats true but atleast don't be a dickhead about it.

He wrote about the strategies.. Sure maybe he didn't intend it like an ass-head but he came across that way, not to mention he was speaking in absolutes and being incorrect. If you're going to talk in a pompous fashion, intended or not, atleast get your facts straight or prepare for the whirlwind.

He didn't even "GG" for christ sakes. Not that I care and I don't think GG'ing should be standard as it doesn't matter...but come on it's a standard in progaming and once again even if he didn't intend it that way he was showing utter disrespect to his opponent. As harmless as it is in his eyes, it appears classless to everyone else.

It's up to those in the spotlight to act manner according to peoples expectations or else they're going to feel the hate.

You're right two wrongs don't make a right. Three wrongs, the amount of times you got caught hacking, don't make a right either. Maybe thats why every time you post anywhere you're always trying to take the moral high ground and act like a manner guy. Living up to the publics expectations of you and not giving them a chance to remember when you were the most notoriously bad mannered starcraft player out only to feed your own ego by beating people with hacks. Maybe you should teach Idra your ways of public relations...you've come a long way and made almost everyone forget! Nice!
why so 진지해?
PanN
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2828 Posts
February 23 2009 22:52 GMT
#576
On February 24 2009 07:47 Rekrul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2009 04:59 MYM.Testie wrote:
Basically, you're a huge douche with no remorse in this thread. Albeit entertaining and there's no real level of animosity, it's at someones expense.

IdrA lost a showmatch and talked about it from a purely logical and strategic point of view with poor wording. And people like you and all the other people who flamed him acted far worse than he did. There's nothing he said that was bad enough to warrant the hate he has gotten. Far nicer words could have yielded better results. It is understood why it's done. However, the end doesn't justify the means to get rid of this perceived arrogance he has.

Now, that said. That thread might be funny or entertaining, but it was too much and is childish. Kicking someone when they're down. He's taken a lot of that in another thread previous to yours where he really didn't do anything wrong except not perform to his own expectations. This alone would have him thinking and has got to hurt him enough and mind fuck him enough when he's playing like he is right now. It's a tonne of pressure and each loss mounts onto that at that stage because he's not performing up to his expectations.

When people go around trying to tear down his ego or his arrogance... the complete audacity to ask that of someone before checking their own ego and arrogance at the door. All these people lecturing and talking down to him is just mind blowing after they have shown that they are in no position to do so by the way they are doing it.

If you want to give tips or pointers to help him out, do it in a far more constructive manner. Drop some wisdom instead. All I have seen is a bunch of children attempting to be alpha males save for a few posts. People expect him to be and act professional while not having a shred of decency or professionalism from themselves. It's no excuse that they're not on a pro team (to everyone condescending / lecturing / flaming towards him). Lead by example.

I really don't know where this idea comes from on TL.net but it's very common. Someone may do something slightly idiotic, and it gives everyone the right to be a jackass. Two wrongs don't make a right people.


lol!

Show nested quote +
IdrA lost a showmatch and talked about it from a purely logical and strategic point of view with poor wording. And people like you and all the other people who flamed him acted far worse than he did.


He banned Manifesto and continued with out letting him ob for the sick lag alone...ok maybe thats true but atleast don't be a dickhead about it.

He wrote about the strategies.. Sure maybe he didn't intend it like an ass-head but he came across that way, not to mention he was speaking in absolutes and being incorrect. If you're going to talk in a pompous fashion, intended or not, atleast get your facts straight or prepare for the whirlwind.

He didn't even "GG" for christ sakes. Not that I care and I don't think GG'ing should be standard as it doesn't matter...but come on it's a standard in progaming and once again even if he didn't intend it that way he was showing utter disrespect to his opponent. As harmless as it is in his eyes, it appears classless to everyone else.

It's up to those in the spotlight to act manner according to peoples expectations or else they're going to feel the hate.

You're right two wrongs don't make a right. Three wrongs, the amount of times you got caught hacking, don't make a right either. Maybe thats why every time you post anywhere you're always trying to take the moral high ground and act like a manner guy. Living up to the publics expectations of you and not giving them a chance to remember when you were the most notoriously bad mannered starcraft player out only to feed your own ego by beating people with hacks. Maybe you should teach Idra your ways of public relations...you've come a long way and made almost everyone forget! Nice!


I hate testie almost as much as IdrA, nicely put Rekrul.
We have multiple brackets generated in advance. Relax . (Kennigit) I just simply do not understand how it can be the time to play can be 22nd at 9:30 pm PST / midnight the 23rd at the same time. (GGzerg)
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
February 23 2009 22:56 GMT
#577
On February 24 2009 04:59 MYM.Testie wrote:
Basically, you're a huge douche with no remorse in this thread. Albeit entertaining and there's no real level of animosity, it's at someones expense.

IdrA lost a showmatch and talked about it from a purely logical and strategic point of view with poor wording. And people like you and all the other people who flamed him acted far worse than he did. There's nothing he said that was bad enough to warrant the hate he has gotten. Far nicer words could have yielded better results. It is understood why it's done. However, the end doesn't justify the means to get rid of this perceived arrogance he has.

Now, that said. That thread might be funny or entertaining, but it was too much and is childish. Kicking someone when they're down. He's taken a lot of that in another thread previous to yours where he really didn't do anything wrong except not perform to his own expectations. This alone would have him thinking and has got to hurt him enough and mind fuck him enough when he's playing like he is right now. It's a tonne of pressure and each loss mounts onto that at that stage because he's not performing up to his expectations.

When people go around trying to tear down his ego or his arrogance... the complete audacity to ask that of someone before checking their own ego and arrogance at the door. All these people lecturing and talking down to him is just mind blowing after they have shown that they are in no position to do so by the way they are doing it.

If you want to give tips or pointers to help him out, do it in a far more constructive manner. Drop some wisdom instead. All I have seen is a bunch of children attempting to be alpha males save for a few posts. People expect him to be and act professional while not having a shred of decency or professionalism from themselves. It's no excuse that they're not on a pro team (to everyone condescending / lecturing / flaming towards him). Lead by example.

I really don't know where this idea comes from on TL.net but it's very common. Someone may do something slightly idiotic, and it gives everyone the right to be a jackass. Two wrongs don't make a right people.

If he hadn't been bm, inferiority-complex-laden, arrogant and ignorant in the first place, none of this would've happened.
Hello
Hans-Titan
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Denmark1711 Posts
February 23 2009 22:56 GMT
#578
This thread is 5% good arguments and 95% mindless follow-the-leader. Rekrul and Testie both have their share of fans, too blind to see the other sides arguments.
Frankly I'm surprised this thing has gotten so big. IdrA sucked, he BM'd, but frankly I'm surprised at people caring this much. Have we really been lacking drama for so long?

Lastly though, this thread delivers. Those 5% quallity posts were worth it, the rest were great for laughs
Trying is the first step towards failure, and hope is the first step towards disappointment!
minus_human
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
4784 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-02-23 23:05:04
February 23 2009 22:59 GMT
#579
On February 24 2009 07:47 Rekrul wrote:


You're right two wrongs don't make a right. Three wrongs, the amount of times you got caught hacking, don't make a right either. Maybe thats why every time you post anywhere you're always trying to take the moral high ground and act like a manner guy. Living up to the public's expectations of you and not giving them a chance to remember when you were the most notoriously bad mannered starcraft player out only to feed your own ego by beating people with hacks. Maybe you should teach Idra your ways of public relations...you've come a long way and made almost everyone forget! Nice!



Testie strikes me as the older guy on the scene, who despite his past has matured. That's why he's acting with a strong morality and that's why he's more lenient to Idra. I think it's really childish to say that after all these years he's trying to prove anything.

Have you matured, Rekrul? I for one think, that while this thread could have been avoided, it was necessary. The way you did it though was uncalled for, especially since you knew what type of response you would get from the community.

You yourself said you love to stir shit up. The big question is why, and the answer isn't so hidden as you think.
FlamyDeath
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Netherlands146 Posts
February 23 2009 23:06 GMT
#580
On February 24 2009 07:59 minus_human wrote:
[
Testie strikes me as the older guy on the scene, who despite his past has matured. That's why he's acting with a strong morality and that's why he's more lenient to Idra. I think it's really childish to say that after all these years he's trying to prove anything.

Have you matured, Rekrul? I for one think, that while this thread could have been avoided, it was necessary. The way you did it though was uncalled for, especially since you knew what type of response you would get from the community.

You yourself said you love to stir shit up. The big question is why, and the answer isn't so hidden as you think.



How was this thread uncalled for? A lot of people here felt this way about idrea and rekrul voiced it.
I am however starting to wonder if Idra isn't some /b/tard that's trolling all of us..
We real cool. We Left school. We Lurk Late. We Strike Straight. We Sing sin. We Thin gin. We Jazz June. We Die soon
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 788
IntoTheiNu 561
SteadfastSC471
Rex91
CosmosSc2 60
EnkiAlexander 56
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 471
UpATreeSC 152
Rex 91
CosmosSc2 60
BRAT_OK 56
PtitDrogo 37
JuggernautJason34
MindelVK 14
Codebar 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35892
Mini 409
BeSt 290
Soulkey 290
Rush 142
Dewaltoss 113
Liquid`Ret 56
Mind 43
Killer 32
Trap 27
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
Shine 20
Dota 2
Dendi984
qojqva944
Counter-Strike
fl0m1101
Fnx 735
shoxiejesuss16
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2504
Khaldor1738
Liquid`Hasu559
Other Games
Grubby3458
ArmadaUGS1663
B2W.Neo589
ceh9588
byalli455
KnowMe155
C9.Mang0123
QueenE93
Chillindude51
Trikslyr39
Railgan18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream99
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• Adnapsc2 9
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• FirePhoenix15
• blackmanpl 6
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3911
League of Legends
• TFBlade1049
Other Games
• imaqtpie977
• Scarra319
• Shiphtur313
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 49m
OSC
18h 49m
Stellar Fest
18h 49m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.