• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:09
CEST 05:09
KST 12:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8831 users

2008 US Presidential Election - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 128 129 130 Next
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
July 23 2008 17:36 GMT
#41
On July 24 2008 01:31 HnR)hT wrote:
McCain's supercilious, moralistic liberalism on immigration and national question issues make him completely unacceptable. Similarly, Obama is automatically disqualified from consideration by his 20+ year association with his racist afrocentrist pastor. This leaves potentially Bob Barr, though his recent shift of positions to be more in line with the left-libertarian platform of the Libertarian Party (e.g. now he's for legalizing marijuana) leaves one underwhelmed... Where's none of the above?


So you would prefer that Bob Barr be more of an authoritarian?
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
July 23 2008 18:32 GMT
#42
On July 24 2008 01:21 Excalibur_Z wrote:
I really don't want McCain to win, but I really really don't want Obama to win. The average conservative is really screwed in this election =( I'll probably end up voting for Bob Barr or some random name.


I'm angry at Romney for putting us in this position. And I'm even angrier at Mike Huckabee for putting Romney in his position. But I don't think I can ever be angry at Stephen.
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
July 23 2008 18:34 GMT
#43
On July 24 2008 03:32 Warrior Madness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2008 01:21 Excalibur_Z wrote:
I really don't want McCain to win, but I really really don't want Obama to win. The average conservative is really screwed in this election =( I'll probably end up voting for Bob Barr or some random name.


I'm angry at Romney for putting us in this position. And I'm even angrier at Mike Huckabee for putting Romney in his position. But I don't think I can ever be angry at Stephen.


What?
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
July 23 2008 19:01 GMT
#44
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080723/ap_on_el_pr/mccain

so stupid, mccain would take any opportunity to take credit for the drop in the price of oil. even the whitehouse didn't go as far as to say changing the policy had this strong of a psychological effect

so absurd
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
July 23 2008 19:02 GMT
#45
On July 24 2008 04:01 KOFgokuon wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080723/ap_on_el_pr/mccain

so stupid, mccain would take any opportunity to take credit for the drop in the price of oil. even the whitehouse didn't go as far as to say changing the policy had this strong of a psychological effect

so absurd


This is the same guy who blamed Barack Obama for the current high price of oil. I can't say that I'm surprised.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
July 23 2008 19:06 GMT
#46
On July 24 2008 03:34 Mindcrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2008 03:32 Warrior Madness wrote:
On July 24 2008 01:21 Excalibur_Z wrote:
I really don't want McCain to win, but I really really don't want Obama to win. The average conservative is really screwed in this election =( I'll probably end up voting for Bob Barr or some random name.


I'm angry at Romney for putting us in this position. And I'm even angrier at Mike Huckabee for putting Romney in his position. But I don't think I can ever be angry at Stephen.


What?


romney not being strong enough to win, huckabee for splitting the vote, not sure who stephen is? colbert bump?
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
July 23 2008 19:15 GMT
#47
On July 24 2008 04:06 fusionsdf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2008 03:34 Mindcrime wrote:
On July 24 2008 03:32 Warrior Madness wrote:
On July 24 2008 01:21 Excalibur_Z wrote:
I really don't want McCain to win, but I really really don't want Obama to win. The average conservative is really screwed in this election =( I'll probably end up voting for Bob Barr or some random name.


I'm angry at Romney for putting us in this position. And I'm even angrier at Mike Huckabee for putting Romney in his position. But I don't think I can ever be angry at Stephen.


What?


romney not being strong enough to win, huckabee for splitting the vote, not sure who stephen is? colbert bump?


Okay, but Romney was not the "true conservative" that so many Republicans apparently want now, and neither was Huckabee.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
HnR)hT
Profile Joined October 2002
United States3468 Posts
July 23 2008 19:18 GMT
#48
Romney was resented by many proles for his too-obvious genetic superiority, and the disadvantage was compounded by the tendency of the electorate to favor familiar personalities all else being equal (and when you don't know anything, all else is equal by default). Too many voters behave as if they're electing an imaginary friend. Of course, MSM and conservative punditry did little to help.
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
July 23 2008 19:23 GMT
#49
Romney's main issue was that he came off as being one of the slimiest political opportunists that anyone had ever seen.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
HnR)hT
Profile Joined October 2002
United States3468 Posts
July 23 2008 19:25 GMT
#50
In other words, he wasn't sufficiently authentic by the proles
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
July 23 2008 19:29 GMT
#51
On July 24 2008 04:18 HnR)hT wrote:
Romney was resented by many proles for his too-obvious genetic superiority, and the disadvantage was compounded by the tendency of the electorate to favor familiar personalities all else being equal (and when you don't know anything, all else is equal by default). Too many voters behave as if they're electing an imaginary friend. Of course, MSM and conservative punditry did little to help.


please dont post like that

it ruins threads

it just brings up bad memories of oneofthem
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
HnR)hT
Profile Joined October 2002
United States3468 Posts
July 23 2008 19:38 GMT
#52
On July 24 2008 04:29 fusionsdf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2008 04:18 HnR)hT wrote:
Romney was resented by many proles for his too-obvious genetic superiority, and the disadvantage was compounded by the tendency of the electorate to favor familiar personalities all else being equal (and when you don't know anything, all else is equal by default). Too many voters behave as if they're electing an imaginary friend. Of course, MSM and conservative punditry did little to help.


please dont post like that

it ruins threads

it just brings up bad memories of oneofthem

Fuck off. No one's forcing you to read anything.
Bifur
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Russian Federation1208 Posts
July 23 2008 19:54 GMT
#53
On July 24 2008 01:06 GeneralStan wrote:
LaRouche is fucking loony. He makes the average 9/11 conspiracist look like a well-grounded rational person.

His conspiracy theory is completely nonsensical and overarching, and all of his politics is through this odd perspective of what if a British Jew cabal really did run the world.

Just to nip it in the bud. Lets not talk about LaRouche 0_0


LaRouche is not "just the author of the conspiracy theory" or whatever you said. He is a leading world-famous economist, the author of the concept of Physical Economy. At present he is the only politician who stands for fundamental ideas of the US Constitution and the Declaration of Principles. He continues the economical and political tradition of Abraham Lincoln and Franklin Roosevelt. He continues the scientific tradition of Kepler, Gauss, Leibnitz and Riemann. He is a very moral and decent person.

It is incorrect to reduce him to his position against the unfair and immoral international politics of oligarchical capital. And it's very incorrect to give such description of this moral and reasonable position as you did.
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
July 23 2008 19:55 GMT
#54


I honestly cannot tell whether he is a horrific liar or just badly, badly confused.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
July 23 2008 20:08 GMT
#55
And yet he is still climbing in the polls, what does that say.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Servolisk
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
United States5241 Posts
July 23 2008 20:36 GMT
#56
On July 24 2008 02:21 mahnini wrote:
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080719/NEWS15/807190352

Show nested quote +
Michigan's congressional Democrats are pushing for $4 billion in aid to the U.S. auto industry as part of a second economic stimulus bill, one that Sen. Barack Obama endorsed to UAW workers Friday.

...

Obama and other congressional Democrats have said they would push for a second stimulus plan in September that could reach $50 billion, an idea that the Bush administration has not favored so far.

Terrible.


I haven't read the article (and don't intend to for a while ), but what you quoted (auto-industry aid) sounds like it would be an obvious violation of trade agreements.
wtf was that signature
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
July 23 2008 20:51 GMT
#57
On July 24 2008 04:55 Mindcrime wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32i3pL9z7UE

I honestly cannot tell whether he is a horrific liar or just badly, badly confused.


http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080723/ap_on_el_pr/mccain

McCain's counter.

I will generally be concerned if he beats Obama, here is a man who has messed up time and time again in discussions which he states is his strongest area. Foreign policy. He makes Bush almost seems intelligent in some matters.

He is well known for his temper, and that is the last thing needed when it comes to leading the free world.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
a-game
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Canada5214 Posts
July 23 2008 22:40 GMT
#58
On July 24 2008 04:06 fusionsdf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2008 03:34 Mindcrime wrote:
On July 24 2008 03:32 Warrior Madness wrote:
On July 24 2008 01:21 Excalibur_Z wrote:
I really don't want McCain to win, but I really really don't want Obama to win. The average conservative is really screwed in this election =( I'll probably end up voting for Bob Barr or some random name.


I'm angry at Romney for putting us in this position. And I'm even angrier at Mike Huckabee for putting Romney in his position. But I don't think I can ever be angry at Stephen.


What?


romney not being strong enough to win, huckabee for splitting the vote, not sure who stephen is? colbert bump?

That or Stephen Harper, is my guess.
you wouldnt feel that way if it was *your* magical sword of mantouchery that got stolen - racebannon
Sadist
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States7328 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-23 23:12:22
July 23 2008 23:10 GMT
#59
On July 24 2008 01:31 HnR)hT wrote:
McCain's supercilious, moralistic liberalism on immigration and national question issues make him completely unacceptable. Similarly, Obama is automatically disqualified from consideration by his 20+ year association with his racist afrocentrist pastor. This leaves potentially Bob Barr, though his recent shift of positions to be more in line with the left-libertarian platform of the Libertarian Party (e.g. now he's for legalizing marijuana) leaves one underwhelmed... Where's none of the above?



I dont really understand the problem with his pastor

Why does it matter, I dont really get the uproar over what he said, people must be pretty sheltered if they think he said was all that outlandish and bad.

His pastor isnt him, not to mention there are tons of religious bigots who are friends/supporters of other candidates so why just pick Obama out?

Could you explain what your problem with it was?

How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal and you have to be willing to work for it. Jim Valvano
smfd
Profile Joined June 2004
United States423 Posts
July 23 2008 23:40 GMT
#60
i think mccain might just be another reptillian... look at his eyes in the video mindcrime posted
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 128 129 130 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 194
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 566
NaDa 47
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 669
Other Games
summit1g10181
WinterStarcraft367
Mew2King98
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1325
BasetradeTV326
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• davetesta45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush756
• Lourlo521
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 51m
INu's Battles
8h 51m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 51m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 51m
Replay Cast
19h 51m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.