• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:40
CEST 12:40
KST 19:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12455 users

Heller vs. DC Decision - Page 10

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
June 28 2008 19:02 GMT
#181
On June 28 2008 22:35 Jibba wrote:
Fuck the Brady Campaign. Maybe you missed the first two major parts of my post that detailed how state and local laws are not keeping up with enforcement and that it is still fairly easy to obtain a firearm without any real regulation. You also must've missed my post where I said private transactions happen at all different levels, and then the little idiot chose to say something about ATF gunshow regulation which turns out to be absolutely false.
But the problem is, is it a problem that the law-abiding can obtain a firearm relatively easily?

I'm sure you'll say that it's a problem, but keep in mind how few citizens who would be categorized as "law-abiding" then turn out to be a felon in disguise. It IS a problem that a law-abiding citizen who just hasn't been caught can legally obtain a firearm, but to tell ALL law-abiding citizens they have to jump through hoops because of the 0.01% of people who will misuse it is unfair.

Criminals can't legally-obtain firearms; they have to break laws to do so. The ATF is also quite brutal with its enforcement (which is clearly good).

On June 28 2008 22:35 Jibba wrote:
Say what you want about my moral view on guns, but don't confuse me for an idiot that listens to Michael Moore or looks at lobbyist fact sheets. I specifically look at newspaper articles, research papers and official documents.
I've clearly misjudged you, seeing as you haven't actually cited the Brady Campaign or any of its spawns for your information; however, you have repeated some of their arguments.

On June 28 2008 22:35 Jibba wrote:
You're the one who refuses to give credence to any decision made by the Supreme Court or Congress between 1800 and 1990.
"Oh, that silly Militia Act that federalizes state militia means nothing. Thomas Jefferson said the definiton of a militia is "blah blah blah blah" and it doesn't matter what anyone in power said after him."

I'm sorry, but who in the SCOTUS between 1800 and 1990 fought to make this country what it is today? None of them signed the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, or any other important document that marks the beginning of a new nation.

Effectively, you're saying the word and meaning of people who were watching one of the most influential moments in history unfold is null and void because the following century, some asshole in the SCOTUS decided said words of the Founding Fathers didn't mean shit. That's incredibly asinine.

I can't agree with that.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
5HITCOMBO
Profile Joined March 2006
Japan2239 Posts
June 28 2008 20:54 GMT
#182
On June 29 2008 01:05 micronesia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2008 16:36 5HITCOMBO wrote:
Do you realize how much more effective and non-lethal you can be with a pistol than a shotgun or rifle?

I'm only idly reading this thread, but could you please elaborate on what you mean. I'd definitely agree with non-lethal if you consider the logic behind the advice that you bring a rifle to a gun fight, not a handgun, but I'm not yet understanding why you label the handgun as more effective. I'll gladly read your explanation or link to information, but in case you were going to suggest it is common sense, please do not (hopefully I'm wrong about this).

It takes one hand to hold a pistol, leaving you free to call the cops with the other. It takes two hands to steady a rifle or hold a shotgun so it doesn't blow your arm off when you fire it.

You can gesture with a pistol. You can shoot someone in the leg and not have to reload with a pistol. You can shoot someone and not blow half of their body to shreds with a pistol. You can use a flashlight with a pistol. You can holster a pistol. You can shove it in your belt. It's smaller. It fires faster. It's a lot less lethal than a rifle or a shotgun. If your aim is self-defense, not murder, you want a pistol, not a rifle or shotgun.

I mean, think about why the police force carries handguns instead of rifles and shotguns as they go about. It's because they're generally not in situations where a rifle or shotgun would be appropriate. A handgun allows them a very effective method of protection and stopping power while still being able to put people in handcuffs, hold flashlights, radio for backup, and open doors.

This is not to say that the other two are not viable alternatives when you're being robbed. It's just a lot easier to call the cops when you have a handgun trained on someone rather than a shotgun or rifle.
I live in perpetual fear of terrorists and studio gangsters
5HITCOMBO
Profile Joined March 2006
Japan2239 Posts
June 28 2008 21:02 GMT
#183
Also:



4:26
I live in perpetual fear of terrorists and studio gangsters
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24802 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-29 03:55:51
June 29 2008 03:53 GMT
#184
I ran this brief discussion (quotes below) by somebody fairly knowledgeable on gun usage (both through experience, and large amounts of discussion with people the police/military over the years) to see if he agreed with me that there is room for improvement here. I'll sum up some of the things that he said (I mixed in a few of my thoughts)
On June 29 2008 05:54 5HITCOMBO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2008 01:05 micronesia wrote:
On June 28 2008 16:36 5HITCOMBO wrote:
Do you realize how much more effective and non-lethal you can be with a pistol than a shotgun or rifle?

I'm only idly reading this thread, but could you please elaborate on what you mean. I'd definitely agree with non-lethal if you consider the logic behind the advice that you bring a rifle to a gun fight, not a handgun, but I'm not yet understanding why you label the handgun as more effective. I'll gladly read your explanation or link to information, but in case you were going to suggest it is common sense, please do not (hopefully I'm wrong about this).

It takes one hand to hold a pistol, leaving you free to call the cops with the other.
Holding an intruder at gunpoint is generally ill advised. The legality is not in your favor. If they have dropped any lethal weapons, they are pretty much free to run away. You can't shoot them in that situation and expect everything to go smoothly. Of course, if they try to use a weapon, or come at you, you can shoot... but at that point your goal should be to make every attempt to stop them from hurting you or your family. In that case, what you want is a weapon with stopping power... not one that leaves you with a free hand.
It takes two hands to steady a rifle or hold a shotgun so it doesn't blow your arm off when you fire it.
You do need two hands to fire a rifle or a shotgun, but not necessarily because of the recoil. You can buy some pretty weak rifles, including ones that fire pistol ammo. I've fired rifles varying from high recoil to low recoil, and I'll admit the high recoil one almost knocked me over when I was younger :p
You can gesture with a pistol.
I don't understand... can't you gesture with any gun?
You can shoot someone in the leg and not have to reload with a pistol.
You can do the same with many rifles.
You can shoot someone and not blow half of their body to shreds with a pistol.
See above regarding available low-power rifles.
You can use a flashlight with a pistol.
Useful for people in certain specific situations, I'm sure.
You can holster a pistol.
I don't think this comes in handy much for the purposes of self defense.
You can shove it in your belt.
Not really.
It's smaller.
So? I'm assuming this is analogous to another of your claims.
It fires faster.
Depends on the rifle.
It's a lot less lethal than a rifle or a shotgun.
Once again, note my discussion about low-powered rifles.
If your aim is self-defense, not murder, you want a pistol, not a rifle or shotgun.
Military personal have said time and time again that pistols are for self defense and nothing else. However, I'm not ready to conclude that that means self defense should be conducted with a pistol (this can obviously be confused with a simple logical fallacy)

I mean, think about why the police force carries handguns instead of rifles and shotguns as they go about. It's because they're generally not in situations where a rifle or shotgun would be appropriate. A handgun allows them a very effective method of protection and stopping power while still being able to put people in handcuffs, hold flashlights, radio for backup, and open doors.
I agree they are more versatile in many situations. However, I don't think it's safe to say this is the main reason why they are equipped with handguns. Handguns are the only gun that you can reasonably keep on your person most of the time. If the police know they are going to need a gun, they use a two-handed one usually. Don't most police cars have shotguns in the trunk, or something similar?

This is not to say that the other two are not viable alternatives when you're being robbed. It's just a lot easier to call the cops when you have a handgun trained on someone rather than a shotgun or rifle.
Again see my note above about not wanting to hold the intruder at gunpoint. Better off holding a BFG and letting them run out of your house in terror, I think.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
5HITCOMBO
Profile Joined March 2006
Japan2239 Posts
June 29 2008 05:26 GMT
#185
Okay, you're right; pistols are useless.
I live in perpetual fear of terrorists and studio gangsters
EmeraldSparks
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1451 Posts
June 29 2008 06:37 GMT
#186
The purpose of the second amendment is so that the fundamental determinant of political power, which is military force, rests in the hands of the people as sort of a veto of last resort. The founder's purpose in securing that right in the Constitution so that in the case that the government somehow subverted the democratic process, the people could take up arms and rebel. The reason its there has very little to do with self-defense or hunting, the same way that the first amendment exists to protect political speech and not to bar the FCC from declaring that you can't swear on daytime television or banning cigarette ads.

Basically, so long as a piece of legislation passed by the government doesn't interfere with the people's ability to overthrow it, then passes founder's intent. Legislating that all handguns must be kept in locked chests inside one's place of residence doesn't really interfere with the people's ability to mobilize into militias and burn down Congress.

With respect to the particular DC handgun ban, arguments need really be made only on the issue of self-defense. In addition, you might as well ban handguns, since the weapons that truly pose at threat to the government aren't the little pistols, but the big rifles. Handgun bans can easily be opposed on self-defense grounds, but constitutionally, the reason for the second amendments existence has little bearing on handgun ownership.

Without guns, we'd just be another disarmed society. Right now, the UK, a couple of other countries in Europe and N. Korea, if I remember correctly, are the only societies that have been disarmed. The others are long gone, since they were massacred. No thanks.

Does this tiny, insignificant nation ring a bell to you?

[image loading]


Private sales are LEGAL.

/palmface

Illegal =/= problem.

Well, Jibba doesn't understand any of what you said. He thinks any firearm is a threat to society purely for existing. He makes no distinction between the law-abiding and the criminals.

Yeah, we'll just pass a law that says only law-abiding citizens can own guns.

Have fun enforcing that one.

I'm sorry, but who in the SCOTUS between 1800 and 1990 fought to make this country what it is today? None of them signed the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, or any other important document that marks the beginning of a new nation.

I guess the Supreme Court should have been abolished after 1800, then.

But as I've said, when we're talking about pistols and other small arms, the only argument that really needs to be made is their effect on crime. I'm too lazy to talk about that now.
But why?
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24802 Posts
June 29 2008 13:49 GMT
#187
On June 29 2008 14:26 5HITCOMBO wrote:
Okay, you're right; pistols are useless.

Haha. This doesn't have to be all or nothing, all out debate. I think that's a problem with gun arguments. It turns into 'one side is wrong and the other is 100% correct' and everyone lobbies to stand on the superior side.

It seems like you are trying to avoid having to take an all-or-nothing stance, which is fine since the purpose of this discussion (simply the part with collectively partook in) was not to prove anybody wrong, but rather just to discuss what makes the most sense / is the most right.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
5HITCOMBO
Profile Joined March 2006
Japan2239 Posts
June 29 2008 18:02 GMT
#188
I just don't want to get into a big argument over this. Who cares if you can get the job done better with a different type of gun? You can still get the job done.
I live in perpetual fear of terrorists and studio gangsters
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
June 29 2008 18:26 GMT
#189
On June 29 2008 22:49 micronesia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2008 14:26 5HITCOMBO wrote:
Okay, you're right; pistols are useless.

Haha. This doesn't have to be all or nothing, all out debate. I think that's a problem with gun arguments. It turns into 'one side is wrong and the other is 100% correct' and everyone lobbies to stand on the superior side.

It seems like you are trying to avoid having to take an all-or-nothing stance, which is fine since the purpose of this discussion (simply the part with collectively partook in) was not to prove anybody wrong, but rather just to discuss what makes the most sense / is the most right.

It's definitely a problem, as the gun issue isn't as black and white as people try to make most things into.

Carrying a gun doesn't make you safe, or keep you from harm; it simply gives you the ability to fight back.

Often times, the reasons the pro-rights community resists gun control is on principle (Second Amendment's purpose), or logic (the law-abiding were never the problem in the first place). The anti-rights community responds making asinine and derogatory comments ("It'll be the Wild Wild West!" "I don't feel safe."), which are almost never based on any academia, research, or anything relevant to the discussion.

Then they make comments based on their own general distrust of others and themselves ("People will shoot each other over road rage."). There's a reason many employment exams ask you if you think most employees steal from their employers or if you think people are distrustful. If you think they do, or are, then it's simply due to anecdotal evidence, meaning you take your own personal experience and project it to others.

So, when someone says they think someone would shoot someone over a simple disagreement, it's because they should.

But in the end, the discussion never gets anywhere. One side makes their arguments out of logic, reason, and what the laws say, and rarely can anyone make any good arguments against it. The other side makes arguments out of idealism and feelings, which is why so many people subscribe to the gun control ideology so easily (Who doesn't want crime to go down? All you hear about on the news is another criminal killing someone, so it does initially make sense to ban guns, only because you've never thought about how the millions of law-abiding gun owners who've never done anything wrong in their entire life).

So, gun control arguments honestly go nowhere at all--one said makes some good points, and the other side responds with insults (look at the posts disagreeing with mine--almost all of them contain more insults than on-topic content).
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24802 Posts
June 30 2008 01:19 GMT
#190
On June 30 2008 03:02 5HITCOMBO wrote:
I just don't want to get into a big argument over this. Who cares if you can get the job done better with a different type of gun? You can still get the job done.

Fair enough, but realize I was responding originally to "Do you realize how much more effective and non-lethal you can be with a pistol than a shotgun or rifle?" and only for the purpose of discussing/clarifying the difference in roles of different types of guns (which is important since different gun laws obviously affect different guns differently).

RPF: I agree except I think you are generalizing a bit too much. There are actually some reasonable things to say about gun control, and there are certain pro-gun advocates who should shut up.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
MarklarMarklar
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Fiji1823 Posts
June 30 2008 02:14 GMT
#191
american constitution is a pile of shite nowdays n needs a fat update
hello there
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
June 30 2008 02:38 GMT
#192
On June 30 2008 10:19 micronesia wrote:
RPF: I agree except I think you are generalizing a bit too much. There are actually some reasonable things to say about gun control, and there are certain pro-gun advocates who should shut up.

Can you elaborate a little bit? I'd like to hear what you have to say about that (what gun control points are valid and what pro-gun advocates should shut up).

On June 30 2008 11:14 MarklarMarklar wrote:
american constitution is a pile of shite nowdays n needs a fat update

I disagree. Just because something is a couple of hundred years old doesn't make it obsolete.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
HamerD
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom1922 Posts
June 30 2008 02:49 GMT
#193
im pretty sure most countries in europe don't allow people much access to guns.
"Oh no, we've drawn Judge Schneider" "Is that bad?" "Well, he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog" "You did?" "Yeah...if you replace the word *kinda* with *repeatedly*...and the word *dog* with son"
rpf
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2705 Posts
June 30 2008 02:57 GMT
#194
On June 30 2008 11:49 HamerD wrote:
im pretty sure most countries in europe don't allow people much access to guns.

Some countries don't. Some countries don't allow you to defend yourself whatsoever. Switzerland, if I remember correctly, doesn't restrict the law-abiding, and they don't have problems.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24802 Posts
June 30 2008 03:28 GMT
#195
On June 30 2008 11:38 rpf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2008 10:19 micronesia wrote:
RPF: I agree except I think you are generalizing a bit too much. There are actually some reasonable things to say about gun control, and there are certain pro-gun advocates who should shut up.

Can you elaborate a little bit? I'd like to hear what you have to say about that (what gun control points are valid and what pro-gun advocates should shut up).
I'll pass. I'm not going to dedicate the time/energy to try to defend advocates of increased gun control, even if I do feel some of them are reasonable, and it is all but self evident that there are going to be some pro-gun advocates saying stupid things and getting the discussion nowhere. As a general rule I try not to take a stance on whether or not guns should be controlled on the internet anymore.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
5HITCOMBO
Profile Joined March 2006
Japan2239 Posts
June 30 2008 16:57 GMT
#196
On June 30 2008 12:28 micronesia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2008 11:38 rpf wrote:
On June 30 2008 10:19 micronesia wrote:
RPF: I agree except I think you are generalizing a bit too much. There are actually some reasonable things to say about gun control, and there are certain pro-gun advocates who should shut up.

Can you elaborate a little bit? I'd like to hear what you have to say about that (what gun control points are valid and what pro-gun advocates should shut up).
I'll pass. I'm not going to dedicate the time/energy to try to defend advocates of increased gun control, even if I do feel some of them are reasonable, and it is all but self evident that there are going to be some pro-gun advocates saying stupid things and getting the discussion nowhere. As a general rule I try not to take a stance on whether or not guns should be controlled on the internet anymore.

What.

So why are you nitpicking the two posters arguing for the constitutional side of things and only their posts? Don't play neutral after clearly choosing a side.
I live in perpetual fear of terrorists and studio gangsters
DeadVessel
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States6269 Posts
June 30 2008 17:02 GMT
#197
On June 28 2008 01:10 rpf wrote:

How is it stupid? It did work for them Hitler slaughtered people en masse after disarming them, and the KKK pushed for gun control laws to disarm African-Americans so they could lynch them without resistance. To bad they didn't incorporate invalids and the mentally handicapped.

That's disgusting rpf.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44353 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-30 17:33:17
June 30 2008 17:28 GMT
#198
On June 28 2008 13:24 HeadBangaa wrote:
Kwark's (mis)understanding of the AMerican Revolution has always amused me.

Mindcrime, Funchucks, and RPF raped this thread.

Good read.

Well statistically we're looking at a minority of people actively in favour of independence. Even the great revolutionaries pressured London for a decade asking simply for local representation in local affairs without any degree of economic or military independence. It was only when London refused to budge on any ground (because of the unitary state) that they were forced into revolution. The degree of propaganda around it is laughable. Remember that crappy Mel Gibson film? It was actually the British who offered freedom to slaves willing to fight, not Mel as Hollywood suggests. They've taken a historical event and twisted it in the hope that no-one will notice. And taxes were 1/20th of what a comparable British paid, not even covering the cost of the colonies defence. ie you were being subsidised by the British taxpayer. I can start citing sources and quoting statistics if needed.

However the real problem was that the average Brit thought you were right. You were British people asking for a practical representation and to the man on the street there was no reason to deny it, far less to go to war over it. That's the tragedy of it. What you asked for in representation was granted freely to Canada, New Zealand and Australia shortly afterwards. It took a war we were unwilling to fight over a small point of political doctrine to realise how ridiculous it all was. But tbh you never really left the Empire. British immigration to America continued to rival that to Canada and Australia. Economic and military co-operation continued and now you have inherited our Empire, despite your refusal to admit to it.
The United States was the first neo-Europe (to use a historical term). A country culturally and socially homogenous with the the northern European root and has a common history. Culturally indistinguishable from the late British Empire, subject to the same influx of British people and part of the same economic system. The Empire was more than a colour on the map. It was a system and the US remained a part of that system.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44353 Posts
June 30 2008 17:29 GMT
#199
Well, more than remained. It was the triumph of that system.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24802 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-30 20:50:31
June 30 2008 20:49 GMT
#200
On July 01 2008 01:57 5HITCOMBO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2008 12:28 micronesia wrote:
On June 30 2008 11:38 rpf wrote:
On June 30 2008 10:19 micronesia wrote:
RPF: I agree except I think you are generalizing a bit too much. There are actually some reasonable things to say about gun control, and there are certain pro-gun advocates who should shut up.

Can you elaborate a little bit? I'd like to hear what you have to say about that (what gun control points are valid and what pro-gun advocates should shut up).
I'll pass. I'm not going to dedicate the time/energy to try to defend advocates of increased gun control, even if I do feel some of them are reasonable, and it is all but self evident that there are going to be some pro-gun advocates saying stupid things and getting the discussion nowhere. As a general rule I try not to take a stance on whether or not guns should be controlled on the internet anymore.

What.

So why are you nitpicking the two posters arguing for the constitutional side of things and only their posts? Don't play neutral after clearly choosing a side.

I pointed out what I believe are more or less factual inaccuracies... I have not attempted to convince someone of the proper legality. My goal is not to convince someone on what should be done, but rather what is true. This is why I, for the most part, am not being argumentative.

Edit: Er, if I choose to nitpick some posts and not others that's my prerogative, however, I don't think you should take any offense if I chose your post over someone else's since I'm not closely following this thread.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings130
CranKy Ducklings SOOP22
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 10746
FanTaSy 1378
Hyuk 811
Horang2 589
BeSt 499
Pusan 222
Stork 195
Killer 116
Mind 105
sorry 104
[ Show more ]
Zeus 103
Last 87
Hyun 62
ggaemo 51
PianO 50
Snow 42
EffOrt 41
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 33
Hm[arnc] 29
JYJ 20
Aegong 16
Sacsri 11
Noble 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe136
Counter-Strike
fl0m825
byalli648
x6flipin198
Other Games
gofns37785
singsing2430
ArmadaUGS86
Mew2King71
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1172
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 20m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 20m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 20m
Replay Cast
12h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 20m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.