• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:07
CEST 21:07
KST 04:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7274 users

US Politics Mega-Blog - Page 161

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 159 160 161 162 163 171 Next
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
January 29 2019 22:44 GMT
#3201
On January 30 2019 07:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2019 07:00 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 06:46 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:41 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:38 Doodsmack wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:49 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:40 Nebuchad wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:33 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:20 Nebuchad wrote:
It's weird that immediately after Hillary stopped being a meaningful political opponent everyone stopped caring about her crimes. Didn't know a lust for justice could be selective like that.

Not sure who you're talking about here. There is a huge number of Trump supporters who still think that she needs to be investigated and prosecuted, and for good reason, too.


Yes. The difference is barely noticeable between during the campaign and now

If anything, it's more fervent now than it was back during the campaign on account of the Russiagate scandal. And the demand now is to investigate far more people than just Hillary.


Sounds like a mob wants to spin up a witch hunt because of their political bias.

Political bias is besides the point. The facts speak for themselves. Looking at the tea leaves, the rest of the country is eventually going to be forced to face the facts, at which point there will be a reckoning.


You're starting sound like that qanon crap?

No, I'm just paying attention to the media leaks per my prior posts. Someone in the know on Trump's side is leaking stuff to friendly media outlets. Combine that with what we publicly know about the Mueller investigation and the continued lack of any semblance of proof of Trump/Russia collusion, and it's not hard to see where this is going.


Exactly where I said it was going when it started. You have to be pretty deep into the qanon conspiracies if you think Hillary or anyone else will be held accountable to any significant degree. The best you got was Podesta (the fat one) stepping down.

Why? I cited multiple reports last week that implicated the Hillary campaign in fostering the Trump/Russia collusion narrative (not to mention the fact that Clintons are connected to damned near everyone on the wrong side of this mess). Those reports have nothing to do with qanon, unless you take the position that Q is real and working with the same elements of the Trump administration that are leaking things to the press.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24367 Posts
January 29 2019 22:56 GMT
#3202
On January 30 2019 07:44 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2019 07:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:00 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 06:46 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:41 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:38 Doodsmack wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:49 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:40 Nebuchad wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:33 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:20 Nebuchad wrote:
It's weird that immediately after Hillary stopped being a meaningful political opponent everyone stopped caring about her crimes. Didn't know a lust for justice could be selective like that.

Not sure who you're talking about here. There is a huge number of Trump supporters who still think that she needs to be investigated and prosecuted, and for good reason, too.


Yes. The difference is barely noticeable between during the campaign and now

If anything, it's more fervent now than it was back during the campaign on account of the Russiagate scandal. And the demand now is to investigate far more people than just Hillary.


Sounds like a mob wants to spin up a witch hunt because of their political bias.

Political bias is besides the point. The facts speak for themselves. Looking at the tea leaves, the rest of the country is eventually going to be forced to face the facts, at which point there will be a reckoning.


You're starting sound like that qanon crap?

No, I'm just paying attention to the media leaks per my prior posts. Someone in the know on Trump's side is leaking stuff to friendly media outlets. Combine that with what we publicly know about the Mueller investigation and the continued lack of any semblance of proof of Trump/Russia collusion, and it's not hard to see where this is going.


Exactly where I said it was going when it started. You have to be pretty deep into the qanon conspiracies if you think Hillary or anyone else will be held accountable to any significant degree. The best you got was Podesta (the fat one) stepping down.

Why? I cited multiple reports last week that implicated the Hillary campaign in fostering the Trump/Russia collusion narrative (not to mention the fact that Clintons are connected to damned near everyone on the wrong side of this mess). Those reports have nothing to do with qanon, unless you take the position that Q is real and working with the same elements of the Trump administration that are leaking things to the press.


Your information tends to be sketch but I have to admit I don't bother reading it most of the time (regarding Hillary) because I think the idea that Trump or Hillary will be held seriously accountable for their shit is pretty ridiculous and takes a suspension of disbelief I haven't been able to maintain since grade school.

I think it was in one of those movies about the 2000 election (could have been a comedy sketch or completely different movie) where it clicked for me. When they were basically saying that "it doesn't matter what the truth is, the system can't handle the truth so we have to sweep this gross abuse under the rug to protect America"

Then I noticed shit like that everywhere. School, workplace, politics, media, entertainment, sports, EVERYWHERE.

That's how I was able to predict the outcome so well so far so far out.

When I said "the best you got is Podesta" what I meant wasn't that was your best evidence, I meant that's your trophy head for all this, you might have another pleb or two but there is 0 chance you get Hillary to be accountable even if there's video of her beating a human baby to death with a baby panda and a crowd of witnesses cheering her on.

The system doesn't work that way, losing face and not being President was her punishment, be content with that or be disappointed later is what I'm saying.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
January 29 2019 23:03 GMT
#3203
On January 30 2019 07:56 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2019 07:44 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:00 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 06:46 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:41 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:38 Doodsmack wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:49 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:40 Nebuchad wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:33 xDaunt wrote:
[quote]
Not sure who you're talking about here. There is a huge number of Trump supporters who still think that she needs to be investigated and prosecuted, and for good reason, too.


Yes. The difference is barely noticeable between during the campaign and now

If anything, it's more fervent now than it was back during the campaign on account of the Russiagate scandal. And the demand now is to investigate far more people than just Hillary.


Sounds like a mob wants to spin up a witch hunt because of their political bias.

Political bias is besides the point. The facts speak for themselves. Looking at the tea leaves, the rest of the country is eventually going to be forced to face the facts, at which point there will be a reckoning.


You're starting sound like that qanon crap?

No, I'm just paying attention to the media leaks per my prior posts. Someone in the know on Trump's side is leaking stuff to friendly media outlets. Combine that with what we publicly know about the Mueller investigation and the continued lack of any semblance of proof of Trump/Russia collusion, and it's not hard to see where this is going.


Exactly where I said it was going when it started. You have to be pretty deep into the qanon conspiracies if you think Hillary or anyone else will be held accountable to any significant degree. The best you got was Podesta (the fat one) stepping down.

Why? I cited multiple reports last week that implicated the Hillary campaign in fostering the Trump/Russia collusion narrative (not to mention the fact that Clintons are connected to damned near everyone on the wrong side of this mess). Those reports have nothing to do with qanon, unless you take the position that Q is real and working with the same elements of the Trump administration that are leaking things to the press.


Your information tends to be sketch but I have to admit I don't bother reading it most of the time (regarding Hillary) because I think the idea that Trump or Hillary will be held seriously accountable for their shit is pretty ridiculous and takes a suspension of disbelief I haven't been able to maintain since grade school.

I think it was in one of those movies about the 2000 election (could have been a comedy sketch or completely different movie) where it clicked for me. When they were basically saying that "it doesn't matter what the truth is, the system can't handle the truth so we have to sweep this gross abuse under the rug to protect America"

Then I noticed shit like that everywhere. School, workplace, politics, media, entertainment, sports, EVERYWHERE.

That's how I was able to predict the outcome so well so far so far out.

When I said "the best you got is Podesta" what I meant wasn't that was your best evidence, I meant that's your trophy head for all this, you might have another pleb or two but there is 0 chance you get Hillary to be accountable even if there's video of her beating a human baby to death with a baby panda and a crowd of witnesses cheering her on.

The system doesn't work that way, losing face and not being President was her punishment, be content with that or be disappointed later is what I'm saying.

As to Hillary specifically, I really don't know whether she's going to get her just desserts. I tend to agree that the most probable outcome is that she does not. But then again, we're still young in the game. Mueller has obviously paralyzed the DOJ and any kind of inquiry into malfeasance. Additionally, I want to see what Barr does after he's confirmed. Even if Hillary isn't touched, I do fully expect various current and former government officials to get prosecuted for one thing or another as it pertains to the Russia investigation. If nothing else, it needs to happen simply to restore faith in the DOJ and the American justice system.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24367 Posts
January 29 2019 23:07 GMT
#3204
On January 30 2019 08:03 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2019 07:56 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:44 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:00 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 06:46 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:41 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:38 Doodsmack wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:49 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:40 Nebuchad wrote:
[quote]

Yes. The difference is barely noticeable between during the campaign and now

If anything, it's more fervent now than it was back during the campaign on account of the Russiagate scandal. And the demand now is to investigate far more people than just Hillary.


Sounds like a mob wants to spin up a witch hunt because of their political bias.

Political bias is besides the point. The facts speak for themselves. Looking at the tea leaves, the rest of the country is eventually going to be forced to face the facts, at which point there will be a reckoning.


You're starting sound like that qanon crap?

No, I'm just paying attention to the media leaks per my prior posts. Someone in the know on Trump's side is leaking stuff to friendly media outlets. Combine that with what we publicly know about the Mueller investigation and the continued lack of any semblance of proof of Trump/Russia collusion, and it's not hard to see where this is going.


Exactly where I said it was going when it started. You have to be pretty deep into the qanon conspiracies if you think Hillary or anyone else will be held accountable to any significant degree. The best you got was Podesta (the fat one) stepping down.

Why? I cited multiple reports last week that implicated the Hillary campaign in fostering the Trump/Russia collusion narrative (not to mention the fact that Clintons are connected to damned near everyone on the wrong side of this mess). Those reports have nothing to do with qanon, unless you take the position that Q is real and working with the same elements of the Trump administration that are leaking things to the press.


Your information tends to be sketch but I have to admit I don't bother reading it most of the time (regarding Hillary) because I think the idea that Trump or Hillary will be held seriously accountable for their shit is pretty ridiculous and takes a suspension of disbelief I haven't been able to maintain since grade school.

I think it was in one of those movies about the 2000 election (could have been a comedy sketch or completely different movie) where it clicked for me. When they were basically saying that "it doesn't matter what the truth is, the system can't handle the truth so we have to sweep this gross abuse under the rug to protect America"

Then I noticed shit like that everywhere. School, workplace, politics, media, entertainment, sports, EVERYWHERE.

That's how I was able to predict the outcome so well so far so far out.

When I said "the best you got is Podesta" what I meant wasn't that was your best evidence, I meant that's your trophy head for all this, you might have another pleb or two but there is 0 chance you get Hillary to be accountable even if there's video of her beating a human baby to death with a baby panda and a crowd of witnesses cheering her on.

The system doesn't work that way, losing face and not being President was her punishment, be content with that or be disappointed later is what I'm saying.

As to Hillary specifically, I really don't know whether she's going to get her just desserts. I tend to agree that the most probable outcome is that she does not. But then again, we're still young in the game. Mueller has obviously paralyzed the DOJ and any kind of inquiry into malfeasance. Additionally, I want to see what Barr does after he's confirmed. Even if Hillary isn't touched, I do fully expect various current and former government officials to get prosecuted for one thing or another as it pertains to the Russia investigation. If nothing else, it needs to happen simply to restore faith in the DOJ and the American justice system.


At best you're hoping to throw the book at people for following orders and being loyal in a tit-for-tat with Trump's lackeys in ways that don't really seem much better than you accuse Democrats of.

Surely you think the convictions of Trump's guys so far are legitimate right? Regardless of the motive you don't think they were falsely convicted right?
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-29 23:20:04
January 29 2019 23:19 GMT
#3205
On January 30 2019 08:07 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2019 08:03 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:56 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:44 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:00 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 06:46 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:41 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:38 Doodsmack wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:49 xDaunt wrote:
[quote]
If anything, it's more fervent now than it was back during the campaign on account of the Russiagate scandal. And the demand now is to investigate far more people than just Hillary.


Sounds like a mob wants to spin up a witch hunt because of their political bias.

Political bias is besides the point. The facts speak for themselves. Looking at the tea leaves, the rest of the country is eventually going to be forced to face the facts, at which point there will be a reckoning.


You're starting sound like that qanon crap?

No, I'm just paying attention to the media leaks per my prior posts. Someone in the know on Trump's side is leaking stuff to friendly media outlets. Combine that with what we publicly know about the Mueller investigation and the continued lack of any semblance of proof of Trump/Russia collusion, and it's not hard to see where this is going.


Exactly where I said it was going when it started. You have to be pretty deep into the qanon conspiracies if you think Hillary or anyone else will be held accountable to any significant degree. The best you got was Podesta (the fat one) stepping down.

Why? I cited multiple reports last week that implicated the Hillary campaign in fostering the Trump/Russia collusion narrative (not to mention the fact that Clintons are connected to damned near everyone on the wrong side of this mess). Those reports have nothing to do with qanon, unless you take the position that Q is real and working with the same elements of the Trump administration that are leaking things to the press.


Your information tends to be sketch but I have to admit I don't bother reading it most of the time (regarding Hillary) because I think the idea that Trump or Hillary will be held seriously accountable for their shit is pretty ridiculous and takes a suspension of disbelief I haven't been able to maintain since grade school.

I think it was in one of those movies about the 2000 election (could have been a comedy sketch or completely different movie) where it clicked for me. When they were basically saying that "it doesn't matter what the truth is, the system can't handle the truth so we have to sweep this gross abuse under the rug to protect America"

Then I noticed shit like that everywhere. School, workplace, politics, media, entertainment, sports, EVERYWHERE.

That's how I was able to predict the outcome so well so far so far out.

When I said "the best you got is Podesta" what I meant wasn't that was your best evidence, I meant that's your trophy head for all this, you might have another pleb or two but there is 0 chance you get Hillary to be accountable even if there's video of her beating a human baby to death with a baby panda and a crowd of witnesses cheering her on.

The system doesn't work that way, losing face and not being President was her punishment, be content with that or be disappointed later is what I'm saying.

As to Hillary specifically, I really don't know whether she's going to get her just desserts. I tend to agree that the most probable outcome is that she does not. But then again, we're still young in the game. Mueller has obviously paralyzed the DOJ and any kind of inquiry into malfeasance. Additionally, I want to see what Barr does after he's confirmed. Even if Hillary isn't touched, I do fully expect various current and former government officials to get prosecuted for one thing or another as it pertains to the Russia investigation. If nothing else, it needs to happen simply to restore faith in the DOJ and the American justice system.


At best you're hoping to throw the book at people for following orders and being loyal in a tit-for-tat with Trump's lackeys in ways that don't really seem much better than you accuse Democrats of.

Surely you think the convictions of Trump's guys so far are legitimate right? Regardless of the motive you don't think they were falsely convicted right?

Manafort's conviction for things completely unrelated to Trump seems legitimate. Same with Cohen. I have serious doubts about the legitimacy of the plea deals made by Papadopoulos and Flynn for reasons previously discussed. Likewise, I have serious doubts about the validity of the charges that have been brought against Stone. And if nothing else, every American should be absolutely appalled by how Stone's arrest went down. Stone is accused of process crimes -- namely lying to the FBI. He and his legal team had been voluntarily cooperating with the FBI for two years. He's old. His wife is old. He's neither a flight risk (as noted by the judge when letting him out on a PR bond) nor at risk for spoliation of evidence. Yet Mueller and the FBI decided to arrest him by sending 4 armored vehicles and 29 agents in SWAT/tac gear to arrest him in the early morning. And Mueller's team tipped off CNN to be there to make sure it was filmed. How the fuck does something like that happen in the US? Nonviolent suspects are never arrested that way. That Mueller chose to execute the arrest that way instead of asking that Stone turn himself in is a huge fucking red flag that Mueller is a bad guy.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24367 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-29 23:32:48
January 29 2019 23:30 GMT
#3206
On January 30 2019 08:19 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2019 08:07 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 08:03 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:56 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:44 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:00 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 06:46 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:41 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:38 Doodsmack wrote:
[quote]

Sounds like a mob wants to spin up a witch hunt because of their political bias.

Political bias is besides the point. The facts speak for themselves. Looking at the tea leaves, the rest of the country is eventually going to be forced to face the facts, at which point there will be a reckoning.


You're starting sound like that qanon crap?

No, I'm just paying attention to the media leaks per my prior posts. Someone in the know on Trump's side is leaking stuff to friendly media outlets. Combine that with what we publicly know about the Mueller investigation and the continued lack of any semblance of proof of Trump/Russia collusion, and it's not hard to see where this is going.


Exactly where I said it was going when it started. You have to be pretty deep into the qanon conspiracies if you think Hillary or anyone else will be held accountable to any significant degree. The best you got was Podesta (the fat one) stepping down.

Why? I cited multiple reports last week that implicated the Hillary campaign in fostering the Trump/Russia collusion narrative (not to mention the fact that Clintons are connected to damned near everyone on the wrong side of this mess). Those reports have nothing to do with qanon, unless you take the position that Q is real and working with the same elements of the Trump administration that are leaking things to the press.


Your information tends to be sketch but I have to admit I don't bother reading it most of the time (regarding Hillary) because I think the idea that Trump or Hillary will be held seriously accountable for their shit is pretty ridiculous and takes a suspension of disbelief I haven't been able to maintain since grade school.

I think it was in one of those movies about the 2000 election (could have been a comedy sketch or completely different movie) where it clicked for me. When they were basically saying that "it doesn't matter what the truth is, the system can't handle the truth so we have to sweep this gross abuse under the rug to protect America"

Then I noticed shit like that everywhere. School, workplace, politics, media, entertainment, sports, EVERYWHERE.

That's how I was able to predict the outcome so well so far so far out.

When I said "the best you got is Podesta" what I meant wasn't that was your best evidence, I meant that's your trophy head for all this, you might have another pleb or two but there is 0 chance you get Hillary to be accountable even if there's video of her beating a human baby to death with a baby panda and a crowd of witnesses cheering her on.

The system doesn't work that way, losing face and not being President was her punishment, be content with that or be disappointed later is what I'm saying.

As to Hillary specifically, I really don't know whether she's going to get her just desserts. I tend to agree that the most probable outcome is that she does not. But then again, we're still young in the game. Mueller has obviously paralyzed the DOJ and any kind of inquiry into malfeasance. Additionally, I want to see what Barr does after he's confirmed. Even if Hillary isn't touched, I do fully expect various current and former government officials to get prosecuted for one thing or another as it pertains to the Russia investigation. If nothing else, it needs to happen simply to restore faith in the DOJ and the American justice system.


At best you're hoping to throw the book at people for following orders and being loyal in a tit-for-tat with Trump's lackeys in ways that don't really seem much better than you accuse Democrats of.

Surely you think the convictions of Trump's guys so far are legitimate right? Regardless of the motive you don't think they were falsely convicted right?

Manafort's conviction for things completely unrelated to Trump seems legitimate. Same with Cohen. I have serious doubts about the legitimacy of the plea deals made by Papadopoulos and Flynn for reasons previously discussed. Likewise, I have serious doubts about the validity of the charges that have been brought against Stone. And if nothing else, every American should be absolutely appalled by how Stone's arrest went down. Stone is accused of process crimes -- namely lying to the FBI. He and his legal team had been voluntarily cooperating with the FBI for two years. He's old. His wife is old. He's neither a flight risk (as noted by the judge when letting him out on a PR bond) nor at risk for spoliation of evidence. Yet Mueller and the FBI decided to arrest him by sending 4 armored vehicles and 29 agents in SWAT/tac gear to arrest him in the early morning. And Mueller's team tipped off CNN to be there to make sure it was filmed. How the fuck does something like that happen in the US? Nonviolent suspects are never arrested that way. That Mueller chose to execute the arrest that way instead of asking that Stone turn himself in is a huge fucking red flag that Mueller is a bad guy.


lol.

I don't feel bad for Stone at all. First off he probably wanted it to go down like that. If you saw him walk into the courtroom he was practically exploding with glee at the fanfare. He has some, I'm going with 'unique' kinks and this is clearly part of it.

I don't feel bad for him at all even if he didn't like it though .

If he or you want to use your privilege to protect marginalized people from horrific policing that's cool, but I think it's clear you come at the argument that "we should all be absolutely appalled" from a place of self-interest. When you say you don't care about how we fuck up other countries I know you don't stop at some imaginary line on a map.

So no Stone's treatment doesn't appall me at all, it's a shame he was able to walk into the courtroom on his own power if you ask me.The police could have given them one of their "rough rides" and just drop him off back at home and call it even.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Nouar
Profile Joined May 2009
France3270 Posts
January 30 2019 08:13 GMT
#3207
On January 30 2019 08:19 xDaunt wrote:
And Mueller's team tipped off CNN to be there to make sure it was filmed.

You don't know that. You are assuming it, without even the slightest proof. It was pretty clear that stone was going to be the next one. Journalists are surveying courts (as we saw with the secret entry that made its way to the supreme Court between November and January). The Mueller prosecutorial team's movement is heavily scrutinized. It doesn't take a genius to put a team near two or three targets of the investigation.
Maybe you should stop blindly repeating talking points, it doesn't make you look smart, though you definitely are for everything unrelated to Trump.

Why don't you "assume" the same way for everything related to Trump investigationS? (Emoluments, illegal immigrants, funding...) Be fair.
NoiR
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
January 30 2019 13:55 GMT
#3208
On January 30 2019 05:41 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2019 05:38 Doodsmack wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:49 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:40 Nebuchad wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:33 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:20 Nebuchad wrote:
It's weird that immediately after Hillary stopped being a meaningful political opponent everyone stopped caring about her crimes. Didn't know a lust for justice could be selective like that.

Not sure who you're talking about here. There is a huge number of Trump supporters who still think that she needs to be investigated and prosecuted, and for good reason, too.


Yes. The difference is barely noticeable between during the campaign and now

If anything, it's more fervent now than it was back during the campaign on account of the Russiagate scandal. And the demand now is to investigate far more people than just Hillary.


Sounds like a mob wants to spin up a witch hunt because of their political bias.

Political bias is besides the point. The facts speak for themselves. Looking at the tea leaves, the rest of the country is eventually going to be forced to face the facts, at which point there will be a reckoning.


This position is infected with partisan bias.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
January 30 2019 14:39 GMT
#3209
On January 30 2019 08:19 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2019 08:07 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 08:03 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:56 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:44 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:00 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 06:46 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:41 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:38 Doodsmack wrote:
[quote]

Sounds like a mob wants to spin up a witch hunt because of their political bias.

Political bias is besides the point. The facts speak for themselves. Looking at the tea leaves, the rest of the country is eventually going to be forced to face the facts, at which point there will be a reckoning.


You're starting sound like that qanon crap?

No, I'm just paying attention to the media leaks per my prior posts. Someone in the know on Trump's side is leaking stuff to friendly media outlets. Combine that with what we publicly know about the Mueller investigation and the continued lack of any semblance of proof of Trump/Russia collusion, and it's not hard to see where this is going.


Exactly where I said it was going when it started. You have to be pretty deep into the qanon conspiracies if you think Hillary or anyone else will be held accountable to any significant degree. The best you got was Podesta (the fat one) stepping down.

Why? I cited multiple reports last week that implicated the Hillary campaign in fostering the Trump/Russia collusion narrative (not to mention the fact that Clintons are connected to damned near everyone on the wrong side of this mess). Those reports have nothing to do with qanon, unless you take the position that Q is real and working with the same elements of the Trump administration that are leaking things to the press.


Your information tends to be sketch but I have to admit I don't bother reading it most of the time (regarding Hillary) because I think the idea that Trump or Hillary will be held seriously accountable for their shit is pretty ridiculous and takes a suspension of disbelief I haven't been able to maintain since grade school.

I think it was in one of those movies about the 2000 election (could have been a comedy sketch or completely different movie) where it clicked for me. When they were basically saying that "it doesn't matter what the truth is, the system can't handle the truth so we have to sweep this gross abuse under the rug to protect America"

Then I noticed shit like that everywhere. School, workplace, politics, media, entertainment, sports, EVERYWHERE.

That's how I was able to predict the outcome so well so far so far out.

When I said "the best you got is Podesta" what I meant wasn't that was your best evidence, I meant that's your trophy head for all this, you might have another pleb or two but there is 0 chance you get Hillary to be accountable even if there's video of her beating a human baby to death with a baby panda and a crowd of witnesses cheering her on.

The system doesn't work that way, losing face and not being President was her punishment, be content with that or be disappointed later is what I'm saying.

As to Hillary specifically, I really don't know whether she's going to get her just desserts. I tend to agree that the most probable outcome is that she does not. But then again, we're still young in the game. Mueller has obviously paralyzed the DOJ and any kind of inquiry into malfeasance. Additionally, I want to see what Barr does after he's confirmed. Even if Hillary isn't touched, I do fully expect various current and former government officials to get prosecuted for one thing or another as it pertains to the Russia investigation. If nothing else, it needs to happen simply to restore faith in the DOJ and the American justice system.


At best you're hoping to throw the book at people for following orders and being loyal in a tit-for-tat with Trump's lackeys in ways that don't really seem much better than you accuse Democrats of.

Surely you think the convictions of Trump's guys so far are legitimate right? Regardless of the motive you don't think they were falsely convicted right?

Manafort's conviction for things completely unrelated to Trump seems legitimate. Same with Cohen. I have serious doubts about the legitimacy of the plea deals made by Papadopoulos and Flynn for reasons previously discussed. Likewise, I have serious doubts about the validity of the charges that have been brought against Stone. And if nothing else, every American should be absolutely appalled by how Stone's arrest went down. Stone is accused of process crimes -- namely lying to the FBI. He and his legal team had been voluntarily cooperating with the FBI for two years. He's old. His wife is old. He's neither a flight risk (as noted by the judge when letting him out on a PR bond) nor at risk for spoliation of evidence. Yet Mueller and the FBI decided to arrest him by sending 4 armored vehicles and 29 agents in SWAT/tac gear to arrest him in the early morning. And Mueller's team tipped off CNN to be there to make sure it was filmed. How the fuck does something like that happen in the US? Nonviolent suspects are never arrested that way. That Mueller chose to execute the arrest that way instead of asking that Stone turn himself in is a huge fucking red flag that Mueller is a bad guy.


Stone has been all over the place calling Mueller crooked, so you can say he "cooperated" with the FBI but that's probably just the most basic stuff. He's not cooperating in the sense of being a cooperating witness. He's a bad person, who has acted in bad faith toward Mueller as shown by his public statements and his behavior w/r/t Corsi and Credico. Stone is a bad faith operator, always has been. He got what he deserved, from a moral standpoint; no one should feel sorry or be appalled. BTW Mueller is a Vietnam war hero, as in, a true combat war hero.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
January 30 2019 14:42 GMT
#3210
On January 30 2019 08:03 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2019 07:56 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:44 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:00 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 06:46 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:41 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:38 Doodsmack wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:49 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:40 Nebuchad wrote:
[quote]

Yes. The difference is barely noticeable between during the campaign and now

If anything, it's more fervent now than it was back during the campaign on account of the Russiagate scandal. And the demand now is to investigate far more people than just Hillary.


Sounds like a mob wants to spin up a witch hunt because of their political bias.

Political bias is besides the point. The facts speak for themselves. Looking at the tea leaves, the rest of the country is eventually going to be forced to face the facts, at which point there will be a reckoning.


You're starting sound like that qanon crap?

No, I'm just paying attention to the media leaks per my prior posts. Someone in the know on Trump's side is leaking stuff to friendly media outlets. Combine that with what we publicly know about the Mueller investigation and the continued lack of any semblance of proof of Trump/Russia collusion, and it's not hard to see where this is going.


Exactly where I said it was going when it started. You have to be pretty deep into the qanon conspiracies if you think Hillary or anyone else will be held accountable to any significant degree. The best you got was Podesta (the fat one) stepping down.

Why? I cited multiple reports last week that implicated the Hillary campaign in fostering the Trump/Russia collusion narrative (not to mention the fact that Clintons are connected to damned near everyone on the wrong side of this mess). Those reports have nothing to do with qanon, unless you take the position that Q is real and working with the same elements of the Trump administration that are leaking things to the press.


Your information tends to be sketch but I have to admit I don't bother reading it most of the time (regarding Hillary) because I think the idea that Trump or Hillary will be held seriously accountable for their shit is pretty ridiculous and takes a suspension of disbelief I haven't been able to maintain since grade school.

I think it was in one of those movies about the 2000 election (could have been a comedy sketch or completely different movie) where it clicked for me. When they were basically saying that "it doesn't matter what the truth is, the system can't handle the truth so we have to sweep this gross abuse under the rug to protect America"

Then I noticed shit like that everywhere. School, workplace, politics, media, entertainment, sports, EVERYWHERE.

That's how I was able to predict the outcome so well so far so far out.

When I said "the best you got is Podesta" what I meant wasn't that was your best evidence, I meant that's your trophy head for all this, you might have another pleb or two but there is 0 chance you get Hillary to be accountable even if there's video of her beating a human baby to death with a baby panda and a crowd of witnesses cheering her on.

The system doesn't work that way, losing face and not being President was her punishment, be content with that or be disappointed later is what I'm saying.

As to Hillary specifically, I really don't know whether she's going to get her just desserts. I tend to agree that the most probable outcome is that she does not. But then again, we're still young in the game. Mueller has obviously paralyzed the DOJ and any kind of inquiry into malfeasance. Additionally, I want to see what Barr does after he's confirmed. Even if Hillary isn't touched, I do fully expect various current and former government officials to get prosecuted for one thing or another as it pertains to the Russia investigation. If nothing else, it needs to happen simply to restore faith in the DOJ and the American justice system.


I get that there conspiracies on the anti-Trump, pro-Mueller side, but I'm not entirely sure that justifies making every speculative logical leap you possibly can on the other side.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24367 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-30 15:11:53
January 30 2019 14:45 GMT
#3211
On January 30 2019 23:42 Doodsmack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2019 08:03 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:56 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:44 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:00 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 06:46 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:41 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:38 Doodsmack wrote:
On January 30 2019 03:49 xDaunt wrote:
[quote]
If anything, it's more fervent now than it was back during the campaign on account of the Russiagate scandal. And the demand now is to investigate far more people than just Hillary.


Sounds like a mob wants to spin up a witch hunt because of their political bias.

Political bias is besides the point. The facts speak for themselves. Looking at the tea leaves, the rest of the country is eventually going to be forced to face the facts, at which point there will be a reckoning.


You're starting sound like that qanon crap?

No, I'm just paying attention to the media leaks per my prior posts. Someone in the know on Trump's side is leaking stuff to friendly media outlets. Combine that with what we publicly know about the Mueller investigation and the continued lack of any semblance of proof of Trump/Russia collusion, and it's not hard to see where this is going.


Exactly where I said it was going when it started. You have to be pretty deep into the qanon conspiracies if you think Hillary or anyone else will be held accountable to any significant degree. The best you got was Podesta (the fat one) stepping down.

Why? I cited multiple reports last week that implicated the Hillary campaign in fostering the Trump/Russia collusion narrative (not to mention the fact that Clintons are connected to damned near everyone on the wrong side of this mess). Those reports have nothing to do with qanon, unless you take the position that Q is real and working with the same elements of the Trump administration that are leaking things to the press.


Your information tends to be sketch but I have to admit I don't bother reading it most of the time (regarding Hillary) because I think the idea that Trump or Hillary will be held seriously accountable for their shit is pretty ridiculous and takes a suspension of disbelief I haven't been able to maintain since grade school.

I think it was in one of those movies about the 2000 election (could have been a comedy sketch or completely different movie) where it clicked for me. When they were basically saying that "it doesn't matter what the truth is, the system can't handle the truth so we have to sweep this gross abuse under the rug to protect America"

Then I noticed shit like that everywhere. School, workplace, politics, media, entertainment, sports, EVERYWHERE.

That's how I was able to predict the outcome so well so far so far out.

When I said "the best you got is Podesta" what I meant wasn't that was your best evidence, I meant that's your trophy head for all this, you might have another pleb or two but there is 0 chance you get Hillary to be accountable even if there's video of her beating a human baby to death with a baby panda and a crowd of witnesses cheering her on.

The system doesn't work that way, losing face and not being President was her punishment, be content with that or be disappointed later is what I'm saying.

As to Hillary specifically, I really don't know whether she's going to get her just desserts. I tend to agree that the most probable outcome is that she does not. But then again, we're still young in the game. Mueller has obviously paralyzed the DOJ and any kind of inquiry into malfeasance. Additionally, I want to see what Barr does after he's confirmed. Even if Hillary isn't touched, I do fully expect various current and former government officials to get prosecuted for one thing or another as it pertains to the Russia investigation. If nothing else, it needs to happen simply to restore faith in the DOJ and the American justice system.


I get that there conspiracies on the anti-Trump, pro-Mueller side, but I'm not entirely sure that justifies making every speculative logical leap you possibly can on the other side.


Both sides are delusional imo for the reasons I mentioned before. I don't know how you all maintain your disbelief. Like doesn't it bother you that there was never any resolution to the Manafort-Assange meeting that never happened?

Seems the libs shake that off as easy as Republicans shake off the lies they are told
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
January 30 2019 16:36 GMT
#3212
On January 30 2019 23:45 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2019 23:42 Doodsmack wrote:
On January 30 2019 08:03 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:56 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:44 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:00 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 06:46 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:41 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:38 Doodsmack wrote:
[quote]

Sounds like a mob wants to spin up a witch hunt because of their political bias.

Political bias is besides the point. The facts speak for themselves. Looking at the tea leaves, the rest of the country is eventually going to be forced to face the facts, at which point there will be a reckoning.


You're starting sound like that qanon crap?

No, I'm just paying attention to the media leaks per my prior posts. Someone in the know on Trump's side is leaking stuff to friendly media outlets. Combine that with what we publicly know about the Mueller investigation and the continued lack of any semblance of proof of Trump/Russia collusion, and it's not hard to see where this is going.


Exactly where I said it was going when it started. You have to be pretty deep into the qanon conspiracies if you think Hillary or anyone else will be held accountable to any significant degree. The best you got was Podesta (the fat one) stepping down.

Why? I cited multiple reports last week that implicated the Hillary campaign in fostering the Trump/Russia collusion narrative (not to mention the fact that Clintons are connected to damned near everyone on the wrong side of this mess). Those reports have nothing to do with qanon, unless you take the position that Q is real and working with the same elements of the Trump administration that are leaking things to the press.


Your information tends to be sketch but I have to admit I don't bother reading it most of the time (regarding Hillary) because I think the idea that Trump or Hillary will be held seriously accountable for their shit is pretty ridiculous and takes a suspension of disbelief I haven't been able to maintain since grade school.

I think it was in one of those movies about the 2000 election (could have been a comedy sketch or completely different movie) where it clicked for me. When they were basically saying that "it doesn't matter what the truth is, the system can't handle the truth so we have to sweep this gross abuse under the rug to protect America"

Then I noticed shit like that everywhere. School, workplace, politics, media, entertainment, sports, EVERYWHERE.

That's how I was able to predict the outcome so well so far so far out.

When I said "the best you got is Podesta" what I meant wasn't that was your best evidence, I meant that's your trophy head for all this, you might have another pleb or two but there is 0 chance you get Hillary to be accountable even if there's video of her beating a human baby to death with a baby panda and a crowd of witnesses cheering her on.

The system doesn't work that way, losing face and not being President was her punishment, be content with that or be disappointed later is what I'm saying.

As to Hillary specifically, I really don't know whether she's going to get her just desserts. I tend to agree that the most probable outcome is that she does not. But then again, we're still young in the game. Mueller has obviously paralyzed the DOJ and any kind of inquiry into malfeasance. Additionally, I want to see what Barr does after he's confirmed. Even if Hillary isn't touched, I do fully expect various current and former government officials to get prosecuted for one thing or another as it pertains to the Russia investigation. If nothing else, it needs to happen simply to restore faith in the DOJ and the American justice system.


I get that there conspiracies on the anti-Trump, pro-Mueller side, but I'm not entirely sure that justifies making every speculative logical leap you possibly can on the other side.


Both sides are delusional imo for the reasons I mentioned before. I don't know how you all maintain your disbelief. Like doesn't it bother you that there was never any resolution to the Manafort-Assange meeting that never happened?

Seems the libs shake that off as easy as Republicans shake off the lies they are told


There certainly have been media stories on Mueller that have been debunked. But we have proof of some very shady things happening (e.g. Kushner meeting with head of major Russian bank during transition, and the bank publicly said the meeting was for business purposes, while Kushner said it wasn't), which warrants an investigation.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-30 16:39:06
January 30 2019 16:38 GMT
#3213
This looks all fine and dandy, a day after Trump's FBI director, CIA director, and DNI testified to Congress.



GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24367 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-30 17:31:58
January 30 2019 16:46 GMT
#3214
On January 31 2019 01:36 Doodsmack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2019 23:45 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 23:42 Doodsmack wrote:
On January 30 2019 08:03 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:56 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:44 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:00 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 06:46 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:41 xDaunt wrote:
[quote]
Political bias is besides the point. The facts speak for themselves. Looking at the tea leaves, the rest of the country is eventually going to be forced to face the facts, at which point there will be a reckoning.


You're starting sound like that qanon crap?

No, I'm just paying attention to the media leaks per my prior posts. Someone in the know on Trump's side is leaking stuff to friendly media outlets. Combine that with what we publicly know about the Mueller investigation and the continued lack of any semblance of proof of Trump/Russia collusion, and it's not hard to see where this is going.


Exactly where I said it was going when it started. You have to be pretty deep into the qanon conspiracies if you think Hillary or anyone else will be held accountable to any significant degree. The best you got was Podesta (the fat one) stepping down.

Why? I cited multiple reports last week that implicated the Hillary campaign in fostering the Trump/Russia collusion narrative (not to mention the fact that Clintons are connected to damned near everyone on the wrong side of this mess). Those reports have nothing to do with qanon, unless you take the position that Q is real and working with the same elements of the Trump administration that are leaking things to the press.


Your information tends to be sketch but I have to admit I don't bother reading it most of the time (regarding Hillary) because I think the idea that Trump or Hillary will be held seriously accountable for their shit is pretty ridiculous and takes a suspension of disbelief I haven't been able to maintain since grade school.

I think it was in one of those movies about the 2000 election (could have been a comedy sketch or completely different movie) where it clicked for me. When they were basically saying that "it doesn't matter what the truth is, the system can't handle the truth so we have to sweep this gross abuse under the rug to protect America"

Then I noticed shit like that everywhere. School, workplace, politics, media, entertainment, sports, EVERYWHERE.

That's how I was able to predict the outcome so well so far so far out.

When I said "the best you got is Podesta" what I meant wasn't that was your best evidence, I meant that's your trophy head for all this, you might have another pleb or two but there is 0 chance you get Hillary to be accountable even if there's video of her beating a human baby to death with a baby panda and a crowd of witnesses cheering her on.

The system doesn't work that way, losing face and not being President was her punishment, be content with that or be disappointed later is what I'm saying.

As to Hillary specifically, I really don't know whether she's going to get her just desserts. I tend to agree that the most probable outcome is that she does not. But then again, we're still young in the game. Mueller has obviously paralyzed the DOJ and any kind of inquiry into malfeasance. Additionally, I want to see what Barr does after he's confirmed. Even if Hillary isn't touched, I do fully expect various current and former government officials to get prosecuted for one thing or another as it pertains to the Russia investigation. If nothing else, it needs to happen simply to restore faith in the DOJ and the American justice system.


I get that there conspiracies on the anti-Trump, pro-Mueller side, but I'm not entirely sure that justifies making every speculative logical leap you possibly can on the other side.


Both sides are delusional imo for the reasons I mentioned before. I don't know how you all maintain your disbelief. Like doesn't it bother you that there was never any resolution to the Manafort-Assange meeting that never happened?

Seems the libs shake that off as easy as Republicans shake off the lies they are told


There certainly have been media stories on Mueller that have been debunked. But we have proof of some very shady things happening (e.g. Kushner meeting with head of major Russian bank during transition, and the bank publicly said the meeting was for business purposes, while Kushner said it wasn't), which warrants an investigation.


That wasn't really my question or my point? Unless you meant to demonstrate it?

On January 31 2019 01:38 Doodsmack wrote:
This looks all fine and dandy, a day after Trump's FBI director, CIA director, and DNI testified to Congress.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1090608298343190528

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1090609577006112769


War in Venezuela, War in Iran, War in Syria, War in Yemen, Everybody get's a War!

Also Vaccinate your kids, cuz I guess that's still a thing

If you're cold you should know that the Paris Climate Accord isn't going to cut it so if your fav doesn't back a GND of epic proportion we're all fucked
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
January 30 2019 18:06 GMT
#3215
On January 31 2019 01:46 GreenHorizons wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2019 01:36 Doodsmack wrote:
On January 30 2019 23:45 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 23:42 Doodsmack wrote:
On January 30 2019 08:03 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:56 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:44 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:00 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 06:46 GreenHorizons wrote:
[quote]

You're starting sound like that qanon crap?

No, I'm just paying attention to the media leaks per my prior posts. Someone in the know on Trump's side is leaking stuff to friendly media outlets. Combine that with what we publicly know about the Mueller investigation and the continued lack of any semblance of proof of Trump/Russia collusion, and it's not hard to see where this is going.


Exactly where I said it was going when it started. You have to be pretty deep into the qanon conspiracies if you think Hillary or anyone else will be held accountable to any significant degree. The best you got was Podesta (the fat one) stepping down.

Why? I cited multiple reports last week that implicated the Hillary campaign in fostering the Trump/Russia collusion narrative (not to mention the fact that Clintons are connected to damned near everyone on the wrong side of this mess). Those reports have nothing to do with qanon, unless you take the position that Q is real and working with the same elements of the Trump administration that are leaking things to the press.


Your information tends to be sketch but I have to admit I don't bother reading it most of the time (regarding Hillary) because I think the idea that Trump or Hillary will be held seriously accountable for their shit is pretty ridiculous and takes a suspension of disbelief I haven't been able to maintain since grade school.

I think it was in one of those movies about the 2000 election (could have been a comedy sketch or completely different movie) where it clicked for me. When they were basically saying that "it doesn't matter what the truth is, the system can't handle the truth so we have to sweep this gross abuse under the rug to protect America"

Then I noticed shit like that everywhere. School, workplace, politics, media, entertainment, sports, EVERYWHERE.

That's how I was able to predict the outcome so well so far so far out.

When I said "the best you got is Podesta" what I meant wasn't that was your best evidence, I meant that's your trophy head for all this, you might have another pleb or two but there is 0 chance you get Hillary to be accountable even if there's video of her beating a human baby to death with a baby panda and a crowd of witnesses cheering her on.

The system doesn't work that way, losing face and not being President was her punishment, be content with that or be disappointed later is what I'm saying.

As to Hillary specifically, I really don't know whether she's going to get her just desserts. I tend to agree that the most probable outcome is that she does not. But then again, we're still young in the game. Mueller has obviously paralyzed the DOJ and any kind of inquiry into malfeasance. Additionally, I want to see what Barr does after he's confirmed. Even if Hillary isn't touched, I do fully expect various current and former government officials to get prosecuted for one thing or another as it pertains to the Russia investigation. If nothing else, it needs to happen simply to restore faith in the DOJ and the American justice system.


I get that there conspiracies on the anti-Trump, pro-Mueller side, but I'm not entirely sure that justifies making every speculative logical leap you possibly can on the other side.


Both sides are delusional imo for the reasons I mentioned before. I don't know how you all maintain your disbelief. Like doesn't it bother you that there was never any resolution to the Manafort-Assange meeting that never happened?

Seems the libs shake that off as easy as Republicans shake off the lies they are told


There certainly have been media stories on Mueller that have been debunked. But we have proof of some very shady things happening (e.g. Kushner meeting with head of major Russian bank during transition, and the bank publicly said the meeting was for business purposes, while Kushner said it wasn't), which warrants an investigation.


That wasn't really my question or my point? Unless you meant to demonstrate it?

Show nested quote +
On January 31 2019 01:38 Doodsmack wrote:
This looks all fine and dandy, a day after Trump's FBI director, CIA director, and DNI testified to Congress.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1090608298343190528

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1090609577006112769


War in Venezuela, War in Iran, War in Syria, War in Yemen, Everybody get's a War!

Also Vaccinate your kids, cuz I guess that's still a thing

If you're cold you should know that the Paris Climate Accord isn't going to cut it so if your fav doesn't back a GND of epic proportion we're all fucked


I took your point to be that that particular news story is evidence that the whole thing is a conspiracy theory. I responded by saying that despite the conspiracy theories that do exist, there are serious matters worth investigating.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24367 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-30 19:02:59
January 30 2019 18:24 GMT
#3216
On January 31 2019 03:06 Doodsmack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2019 01:46 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 31 2019 01:36 Doodsmack wrote:
On January 30 2019 23:45 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 23:42 Doodsmack wrote:
On January 30 2019 08:03 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:56 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:44 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:00 xDaunt wrote:
[quote]
No, I'm just paying attention to the media leaks per my prior posts. Someone in the know on Trump's side is leaking stuff to friendly media outlets. Combine that with what we publicly know about the Mueller investigation and the continued lack of any semblance of proof of Trump/Russia collusion, and it's not hard to see where this is going.


Exactly where I said it was going when it started. You have to be pretty deep into the qanon conspiracies if you think Hillary or anyone else will be held accountable to any significant degree. The best you got was Podesta (the fat one) stepping down.

Why? I cited multiple reports last week that implicated the Hillary campaign in fostering the Trump/Russia collusion narrative (not to mention the fact that Clintons are connected to damned near everyone on the wrong side of this mess). Those reports have nothing to do with qanon, unless you take the position that Q is real and working with the same elements of the Trump administration that are leaking things to the press.


Your information tends to be sketch but I have to admit I don't bother reading it most of the time (regarding Hillary) because I think the idea that Trump or Hillary will be held seriously accountable for their shit is pretty ridiculous and takes a suspension of disbelief I haven't been able to maintain since grade school.

I think it was in one of those movies about the 2000 election (could have been a comedy sketch or completely different movie) where it clicked for me. When they were basically saying that "it doesn't matter what the truth is, the system can't handle the truth so we have to sweep this gross abuse under the rug to protect America"

Then I noticed shit like that everywhere. School, workplace, politics, media, entertainment, sports, EVERYWHERE.

That's how I was able to predict the outcome so well so far so far out.

When I said "the best you got is Podesta" what I meant wasn't that was your best evidence, I meant that's your trophy head for all this, you might have another pleb or two but there is 0 chance you get Hillary to be accountable even if there's video of her beating a human baby to death with a baby panda and a crowd of witnesses cheering her on.

The system doesn't work that way, losing face and not being President was her punishment, be content with that or be disappointed later is what I'm saying.

As to Hillary specifically, I really don't know whether she's going to get her just desserts. I tend to agree that the most probable outcome is that she does not. But then again, we're still young in the game. Mueller has obviously paralyzed the DOJ and any kind of inquiry into malfeasance. Additionally, I want to see what Barr does after he's confirmed. Even if Hillary isn't touched, I do fully expect various current and former government officials to get prosecuted for one thing or another as it pertains to the Russia investigation. If nothing else, it needs to happen simply to restore faith in the DOJ and the American justice system.


I get that there conspiracies on the anti-Trump, pro-Mueller side, but I'm not entirely sure that justifies making every speculative logical leap you possibly can on the other side.


Both sides are delusional imo for the reasons I mentioned before. I don't know how you all maintain your disbelief. Like doesn't it bother you that there was never any resolution to the Manafort-Assange meeting that never happened?

Seems the libs shake that off as easy as Republicans shake off the lies they are told


There certainly have been media stories on Mueller that have been debunked. But we have proof of some very shady things happening (e.g. Kushner meeting with head of major Russian bank during transition, and the bank publicly said the meeting was for business purposes, while Kushner said it wasn't), which warrants an investigation.


That wasn't really my question or my point? Unless you meant to demonstrate it?

On January 31 2019 01:38 Doodsmack wrote:
This looks all fine and dandy, a day after Trump's FBI director, CIA director, and DNI testified to Congress.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1090608298343190528

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1090609577006112769


War in Venezuela, War in Iran, War in Syria, War in Yemen, Everybody get's a War!

Also Vaccinate your kids, cuz I guess that's still a thing

If you're cold you should know that the Paris Climate Accord isn't going to cut it so if your fav doesn't back a GND of epic proportion we're all fucked


I took your point to be that that particular news story is evidence that the whole thing is a conspiracy theory. I responded by saying that despite the conspiracy theories that do exist, there are serious matters worth investigating.


No, my point was that it doesn't matter how many times stories like that come out for both sides neither side sees they are being played for clicks, or if they see it they don't recognize the pervasiveness and corrosiveness to liberty, or if they recognize it they care more about partisanship and "civility" than accountability and transparency.

EDIT: I know some of you politics thread folks read here, if you want a stark example of climate change Mongolia is a microcosm on the frontline and scary AF
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Womwomwom
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
5930 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-30 22:07:44
January 30 2019 21:50 GMT
#3217
On January 30 2019 08:19 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2019 08:07 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 08:03 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:56 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:44 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:05 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 07:00 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 06:46 GreenHorizons wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:41 xDaunt wrote:
On January 30 2019 05:38 Doodsmack wrote:
[quote]

Sounds like a mob wants to spin up a witch hunt because of their political bias.

Political bias is besides the point. The facts speak for themselves. Looking at the tea leaves, the rest of the country is eventually going to be forced to face the facts, at which point there will be a reckoning.


You're starting sound like that qanon crap?

No, I'm just paying attention to the media leaks per my prior posts. Someone in the know on Trump's side is leaking stuff to friendly media outlets. Combine that with what we publicly know about the Mueller investigation and the continued lack of any semblance of proof of Trump/Russia collusion, and it's not hard to see where this is going.


Exactly where I said it was going when it started. You have to be pretty deep into the qanon conspiracies if you think Hillary or anyone else will be held accountable to any significant degree. The best you got was Podesta (the fat one) stepping down.

Why? I cited multiple reports last week that implicated the Hillary campaign in fostering the Trump/Russia collusion narrative (not to mention the fact that Clintons are connected to damned near everyone on the wrong side of this mess). Those reports have nothing to do with qanon, unless you take the position that Q is real and working with the same elements of the Trump administration that are leaking things to the press.


Your information tends to be sketch but I have to admit I don't bother reading it most of the time (regarding Hillary) because I think the idea that Trump or Hillary will be held seriously accountable for their shit is pretty ridiculous and takes a suspension of disbelief I haven't been able to maintain since grade school.

I think it was in one of those movies about the 2000 election (could have been a comedy sketch or completely different movie) where it clicked for me. When they were basically saying that "it doesn't matter what the truth is, the system can't handle the truth so we have to sweep this gross abuse under the rug to protect America"

Then I noticed shit like that everywhere. School, workplace, politics, media, entertainment, sports, EVERYWHERE.

That's how I was able to predict the outcome so well so far so far out.

When I said "the best you got is Podesta" what I meant wasn't that was your best evidence, I meant that's your trophy head for all this, you might have another pleb or two but there is 0 chance you get Hillary to be accountable even if there's video of her beating a human baby to death with a baby panda and a crowd of witnesses cheering her on.

The system doesn't work that way, losing face and not being President was her punishment, be content with that or be disappointed later is what I'm saying.

As to Hillary specifically, I really don't know whether she's going to get her just desserts. I tend to agree that the most probable outcome is that she does not. But then again, we're still young in the game. Mueller has obviously paralyzed the DOJ and any kind of inquiry into malfeasance. Additionally, I want to see what Barr does after he's confirmed. Even if Hillary isn't touched, I do fully expect various current and former government officials to get prosecuted for one thing or another as it pertains to the Russia investigation. If nothing else, it needs to happen simply to restore faith in the DOJ and the American justice system.


At best you're hoping to throw the book at people for following orders and being loyal in a tit-for-tat with Trump's lackeys in ways that don't really seem much better than you accuse Democrats of.

Surely you think the convictions of Trump's guys so far are legitimate right? Regardless of the motive you don't think they were falsely convicted right?
And Mueller's team tipped off CNN to be there to make sure it was filmed.


This isn't some TMZ level scoop.

This is literally CNN parking a van outside Roger Stones' house for months, because he's spent the entire time screaming I AM INVINCIBLE, and making a really obvious bet that Roger Stone might get arrested based on the grand jury convening the previous day.

If people on Twitter could figure out this shit out, I think CNN can figure it out too. There's 100 times more conspiracy behind the current Anthony Davis trade ordeal than CNN putting two and two together.
iamthedave
Profile Joined February 2011
England2814 Posts
January 31 2019 11:44 GMT
#3218
Read this article today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mcconnell-says-bill-that-would-make-election-day-a-federal-holiday-is-a-power-grab-by-democrats/2019/01/30/57421dd6-24bd-11e9-ad53-824486280311_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.56a0618359cf

So is that what it sounds like? Or is this bill loaded with stuff the Republicans are going to be upset about in order for the Democrats to be able to make statements like this? A 'poison pill' bill as it were?
I'm not bad at Starcraft; I just think winning's rude.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24367 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-31 11:55:58
January 31 2019 11:54 GMT
#3219
On January 31 2019 20:44 iamthedave wrote:
Read this article today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mcconnell-says-bill-that-would-make-election-day-a-federal-holiday-is-a-power-grab-by-democrats/2019/01/30/57421dd6-24bd-11e9-ad53-824486280311_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.56a0618359cf

So is that what it sounds like? Or is this bill loaded with stuff the Republicans are going to be upset about in order for the Democrats to be able to make statements like this? A 'poison pill' bill as it were?


Little of both really. Republicans are upset about people particularly ex -felons voting but Democrats don't actually want the bill to pass so it's got a bunch of stuff they know can't pass the senate but will leave them with lots of ammo from Republicans killing it.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
January 31 2019 15:21 GMT
#3220
Wondering if these deployments of troops to the border are designed to provide support for a later emergency declaration. One of the national emergency laws says the military can build civil works that are necessary to support the military as it responds to a national emergency. So the argument would be that since the military has been deploying to stop the "emergency" of incoming caravans, but that deployment is unsustainable financially (and the military cant cover the whole border), the military needs a wall to complete its mission.

This argument seems to depend on the notion that the caravans are an emergency in and of themselves, which clearly is incorrect. Question is, will a court second guess what the president deemed an emergency? If not, courts also wouldn't second guess a democratic president's identification of an "emergency."

Prev 1 159 160 161 162 163 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM895
TKL 319
TaKeTV 300
IndyStarCraft 214
BRAT_OK 94
ZombieGrub36
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 976
TKL 319
IndyStarCraft 214
MaxPax 144
BRAT_OK 97
UpATreeSC 92
JuggernautJason40
ZombieGrub36
Nathanias 20
EmSc Tv 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 698
ggaemo 158
White-Ra 140
firebathero 100
Barracks 61
910 52
Killer 30
Trap 24
Bale 21
Shine 18
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 17
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva4537
Counter-Strike
Fnx 775
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8168
crisheroes1779
Liquid`Hasu1639
Trikslyr60
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4244
summit1g1567
singsing1398
Beastyqt781
ceh9632
B2W.Neo387
shahzam353
C9.Mang0172
ArmadaUGS132
KnowMe122
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream427
Other Games
BasetradeTV200
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 20
EmSc2Tv 20
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 163
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 25
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• FirePhoenix13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2204
• TFBlade715
Other Games
• Shiphtur302
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 54m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.