• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:07
CEST 05:07
KST 12:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8360 users

Heart of the Swarm beta coming soon! - Page 105

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 103 104 105 106 107 144 Next
Do not use this thread to beg users for beta access or trade access with others. Thanks.
MavercK
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2181 Posts
September 04 2012 12:24 GMT
#2081
On September 04 2012 21:22 mataxp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 21:20 MavercK wrote:

Imagine only 4 of those things behind your mineral line. I dont play zerg, buts that was crazy..


a few of these hiding in a mineral line, choke point.
i dont think you'd ever kill them with zerglings. ever.
Brood War Remake - SC2BW - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=145316
Dingobloo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia1903 Posts
September 04 2012 12:27 GMT
#2082
On September 04 2012 21:24 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
I wouldnt' be surprised if half the shit in this thread is from the SP campaign :/


Everything shown so far seems pretty consistent with all the announced multi-player stuff, they hadn't shown the different Nydus worms yet but they definitely talked about them.
Rah
Profile Joined February 2010
United States973 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 12:28:27
September 04 2012 12:28 GMT
#2083
On September 04 2012 20:34 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 20:20 Rah wrote:
I think I love warhound now just because of the panicking that it's causing in some of the protoss players on this thread. I don't know if I've ever seen a unit inspire so much terror except for maybe the new mine. Oh no terran's getting something good besides the marine, nerf it!! So funny. Immortal's still going to be as ridiculous as it is now vs mech, don't worry boys.


It's not about playing, I'm shit, I'll always be shit - I don't care about me.
I care about e-sports, I care about good matches being casted which are dynamic, exciting and interesting.
This unit genuinely looks like shit to esports to me, utter trash.


I get it the common consensus right now is that terran winning games without fighting an enormous uphill micro battle = bad for e-sports, but if this unit brings the matchup any closer to Broodwar TvP then consider e-sports improved.
Streaming on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/rahsun86
GGDeMoN
Profile Joined April 2011
109 Posts
September 04 2012 12:28 GMT
#2084
how do i get the beta?
Umpteen
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom1570 Posts
September 04 2012 12:28 GMT
#2085
On September 04 2012 21:13 _vk_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 21:07 Umpteen wrote:
Actually, I saw a pretty cool suggestion on the battlenet forums: give Locusts cliff jump/climb (rebalancing health/damage as necessary). That way SH's actually can 'nibble' in small numbers from a direction other than right in front of the enemy's main army.


You say "rebalance as necessary" like it's easy.

Would you trust the current game design team at Blizzard to balance a unit with an ability to generate infinite quantities of cliffwalkers? So that it's useful but not OP?


Well, they seem to think it's OK to give Protoss a unit that can park 22-range away in the sky and generate 'infinite quantities' of unstoppable flying banelings (ok, without splash )

Yes, locusts would need to be considerably squishier and do less damage. But I'd be fine with that because there would still be a point to making swarm hosts in small numbers.
The existence of a food chain is inescapable if we evolved unsupervised, and inexcusable otherwise.
Cabinet Sanchez
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia1097 Posts
September 04 2012 12:29 GMT
#2086
On September 04 2012 21:28 Rah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 20:34 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 20:20 Rah wrote:
I think I love warhound now just because of the panicking that it's causing in some of the protoss players on this thread. I don't know if I've ever seen a unit inspire so much terror except for maybe the new mine. Oh no terran's getting something good besides the marine, nerf it!! So funny. Immortal's still going to be as ridiculous as it is now vs mech, don't worry boys.


It's not about playing, I'm shit, I'll always be shit - I don't care about me.
I care about e-sports, I care about good matches being casted which are dynamic, exciting and interesting.
This unit genuinely looks like shit to esports to me, utter trash.


I get it the common consensus right now is that terran winning games without fighting an enormous uphill micro battle = bad for e-sports, but if this unit brings the matchup any closer to Broodwar TvP then consider e-sports improved.



Make the other races deal with an uphill micro battle at the pro level don't dumb it down evenly instead :/
I like seeing cool shit that *I* could never do - you don't see enough (not to say I'm that good but you get me, I hope)

eg: recently squirtle did some slick as fuck warp prism zeppelin micro in a match, it was great.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
September 04 2012 12:30 GMT
#2087
On September 04 2012 21:28 Rah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 20:34 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 20:20 Rah wrote:
I think I love warhound now just because of the panicking that it's causing in some of the protoss players on this thread. I don't know if I've ever seen a unit inspire so much terror except for maybe the new mine. Oh no terran's getting something good besides the marine, nerf it!! So funny. Immortal's still going to be as ridiculous as it is now vs mech, don't worry boys.


It's not about playing, I'm shit, I'll always be shit - I don't care about me.
I care about e-sports, I care about good matches being casted which are dynamic, exciting and interesting.
This unit genuinely looks like shit to esports to me, utter trash.


I get that the common consensus right now is that terran winning games without fighting an enormous uphill micro battle = bad for e-sports, but if this unit brings the matchup any closer to Broodwar TvP then consider e-sports improved.


Broodwar TvP was very largely about the Siege tank, and vultures, which required careful positioning and micro and the main force of your army was very immobile, the concern with HOTS "mech" is that it SEEMS like is not immobile at all, there seems to be very little reason to build siege tanks vs protoss when battlehellion/warhound will do better for lower costs AND be more mobile, and you can just blob and amove them without any micro, control, positioning or specific timing whatsoever
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Cabinet Sanchez
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia1097 Posts
September 04 2012 12:32 GMT
#2088
On September 04 2012 21:30 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 21:28 Rah wrote:
On September 04 2012 20:34 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 20:20 Rah wrote:
I think I love warhound now just because of the panicking that it's causing in some of the protoss players on this thread. I don't know if I've ever seen a unit inspire so much terror except for maybe the new mine. Oh no terran's getting something good besides the marine, nerf it!! So funny. Immortal's still going to be as ridiculous as it is now vs mech, don't worry boys.


It's not about playing, I'm shit, I'll always be shit - I don't care about me.
I care about e-sports, I care about good matches being casted which are dynamic, exciting and interesting.
This unit genuinely looks like shit to esports to me, utter trash.


I get that the common consensus right now is that terran winning games without fighting an enormous uphill micro battle = bad for e-sports, but if this unit brings the matchup any closer to Broodwar TvP then consider e-sports improved.


Broodwar TvP was very largely about the Siege tank, and vultures, which required careful positioning and micro and the main force of your army was very immobile, the concern with HOTS "mech" is that it SEEMS like is not immobile at all, there seems to be very little reason to build siege tanks vs protoss when battlehellion/warhound will do better for lower costs AND be more mobile, and you can just blob and amove them without any micro, control, positioning or specific timing whatsoever


Prettymuch this. It seems like teir 2 units are just so completely decimated by teir 1 units en masse, without major micro.
I mean this isn't a blanket rule but I get that overall impression.

The only unit which seems fucking fearful when it comes out to me is a BC or a BL.
pallad
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland1958 Posts
September 04 2012 12:34 GMT
#2089
On September 04 2012 21:28 GGDeMoN wrote:
how do i get the beta?


-_- read the thread... ?
I hate people that just post on last site of thread with question , and they dont read the rest of it.
SC 2 -LingsLover- EU -- Jaedong , NesTea , Nerchio , DRG , Moon , Oz , Tarson , Scarlett -- Dota 2 Pallad EU- NaVi - LGD
Linwelin
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland7554 Posts
September 04 2012 12:34 GMT
#2090
On September 04 2012 21:23 pallad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 21:22 Linwelin wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/NiDKN.jpg

What did I break? : (


Dont instal in same place that WoL , delete old sc2 1.5 beta folder if you have one in past.. and you should be fine.


I'm not installing same place as WoL and I don't have other sc2 folders with beta/arcade or whatever else
Fuck Razor and Death Prophet
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
September 04 2012 12:35 GMT
#2091
On September 04 2012 21:24 MavercK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 21:22 mataxp wrote:
On September 04 2012 21:20 MavercK wrote:
http://youtu.be/0UeEQPqEMG4

Imagine only 4 of those things behind your mineral line. I dont play zerg, buts that was crazy..


a few of these hiding in a mineral line, choke point.
i dont think you'd ever kill them with zerglings. ever.


finally zergs can not crush everything terran has with mass zergling....
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
robhoward
Profile Joined February 2011
79 Posts
September 04 2012 12:35 GMT
#2092
On September 04 2012 21:34 pallad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 21:28 GGDeMoN wrote:
how do i get the beta?


-_- read the thread... ?
I hate people that just post on last site of thread with question , and they dont read the rest of it.


You honestly expect people to go back and read 105 pages of posts?
DuckNuked
Profile Joined June 2012
France60 Posts
September 04 2012 12:36 GMT
#2093
It could change if Blizzard buffs the tanks to something like WoL Beta. Alongside you can nerf other mech units like the warhound.

Only Match-up were Tanks in Mech are very interesting right now is TvT. In TvZ past 2-2 mech upgrades, Thor are better, even in killing Roaches. And I don't talk about TvP.
Terran Forum "TvP HELP", Protoss Forum "PvZ HELP!", Zerg Forum: "What use for Hydra???"
Linwelin
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland7554 Posts
September 04 2012 12:36 GMT
#2094
On September 04 2012 21:35 robhoward wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 21:34 pallad wrote:
On September 04 2012 21:28 GGDeMoN wrote:
how do i get the beta?


-_- read the thread... ?
I hate people that just post on last site of thread with question , and they dont read the rest of it.


You honestly expect people to go back and read 105 pages of posts?


You can at least read the last 10 pages or so
Fuck Razor and Death Prophet
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
September 04 2012 12:37 GMT
#2095
On September 04 2012 21:20 MavercK wrote:
http://youtu.be/0UeEQPqEMG4

@_@
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
MavercK
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2181 Posts
September 04 2012 12:39 GMT
#2096
Brood War Remake - SC2BW - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=145316
bhfberserk
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada390 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 12:42:39
September 04 2012 12:40 GMT
#2097
^ THAT LOOKS COMPLETELY EPIC!!! edit:* I was referring the Hell Lions

New Widow mine looks and feels much better than 10 secs counter.
malaan
Profile Joined September 2010
365 Posts
September 04 2012 12:40 GMT
#2098
about time terran had some fearsome units... zerg lategame pretty much laughs in the terrans face right now. Not anymore :p
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
September 04 2012 12:40 GMT
#2099
SPIDERMINES ARE BACK IN FULL FORCE AND THEN SOME
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Dingobloo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia1903 Posts
September 04 2012 12:41 GMT
#2100
The animation for the widow mines looks absolutely amazing I've gotta say.
Prev 1 103 104 105 106 107 144 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 234
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 191
Bale 23
Terrorterran 18
Noble 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm214
League of Legends
Doublelift6244
JimRising 773
Counter-Strike
taco 350
Other Games
summit1g13569
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1270
BasetradeTV156
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo422
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 54m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 54m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 54m
Replay Cast
19h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.