• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:56
CEST 02:56
KST 09:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1 [IPSL] IPSL is Back With Winter 26-27!
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11762 users

Destiny and Quantic part ways - Page 124

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 147 Next
Keep this civil, guys
Silvertine
Profile Joined February 2012
United States509 Posts
May 05 2012 01:25 GMT
#2461
On May 05 2012 10:23 Smat wrote:
What? He will get beat up by Asians and blacks and they will be justified? Fuck that society.

Learn to read. I didn't say that he would get beat up, nor did I say that it would be justified. I was referring to the fact that he would be immediately ostracized.
the`postman
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1643 Posts
May 05 2012 01:25 GMT
#2462
On May 05 2012 09:23 Orracle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 09:17 lisward wrote:
On May 05 2012 09:14 Orracle wrote:
The majority of those that sent letters out I would guarantee are white males. Yes, it is their choice to be offended. That word doesn't pertain to a white male in anyway, shape, or form. If some one were to call me every racial word for being Jewish, it would be MY choice to get offended(granted I wouldn't be). Words are what you make them. This is coming from a person who doesn't care for Destiny. Hopefully this will have no effect on Destiny whatsoever, and he keeps his personality/stream up though.

Because white males don't have a right to feel offended at explicit language. Your argument doesn't make sense at all, no one chooses to be offended you don't choose how you feel. This is like having your child being emotionally bullied in school and telling him not to care because 'sticks and stones' right?


You don't choose how you feel? Do you understand how illogical and silly that sounds?
So if you're playing a game of SC2, and before your opponent leaves he says, "Fuck you bitch!" Would you feel to choose angry because he just insulted you? Or would you brush it off, because it doesn't matter? Oh, that's right! You're choosing how you feel!


Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 09:21 the`postman wrote:

So if you go tell a rape joke to someone who was abused, or a dead baby joke to someone who had a miscarriage you think they are just going to choose to be offended?


Good point you make. Suddenly, "I'm going to rape you!" is offensive now? So that can't be said in game for fear of your opponent having been raped? The fact is, if a girl wants to hang on to emotional baggage of having had a miscarriage that is absolutely, you guessed it, her choice. I've dated girls who have had their "rape story"(haven't we all), which I never bothered to listen to. But they were never sensitive about the subject. If it were to cut to a scene in the movie, or a topic of it would come up, they would never be hesitant or angry. Why? Because it's, you guessed it, their choice!


You're either trolling or a robot. Do you even remotely understand what a feeling is?
Genome852
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States979 Posts
May 05 2012 01:26 GMT
#2463
On May 05 2012 10:09 DeathProfessor wrote:
How does Destiny know a guy is Korean? Did anyone think that far? How does a player know a guy is gay on the Internet but gets removed from the community for saying faggot? Anyone think of that? No TL just reacts.


Maybe because the account that warden was playing under had a Korean name??
BeeNu
Profile Joined June 2011
615 Posts
May 05 2012 01:31 GMT
#2464
On May 05 2012 10:09 DeathProfessor wrote:
The one thing I never hear from people is in 100000 posts. The guy did not have to post that he was called a gook. Could have just let it go. But he brought it over here. People took it hook, line and sinker. He provoked Destiny first with streams of BM and a offensive GG. Nobody cares about that fact what people do care about are just a few meaningless insults.

Same thing everywhere. Some guy posts his Autistic son was abused by teachers. We get on our horse and demand this teacher be fired NOW. No hearing the other side, just a call to arms and a tacit agreement if some viral video gets posted we end that threat NOW. Now it's a viral photo and a promise to end Destiny NOW.

White-Knighting is an interesting term. You know who else were white knights? The KKK Lynch Mobs dressed in white too.

How does Destiny know a guy is Korean? Did anyone think that far? How does a player know a guy is gay on the Internet but gets removed from the community for saying faggot? Anyone think of that? No TL just reacts.

But we just have to join the bandwagon no critical thought just reaction. See a photo, don't get Destiny's reaction first just send email to sponsors.

People could have said... dang that's a shame yo. Then consoled the guy and moved on. But no the way things work here, you say something we don't like we end you. Just like that.

Destiny is a individual person who says what he wants. You can say what you want and that makes it even. But you are getting into someones personal business with someone else and hurting their lives then that gives you more power than you deserve. We are not a police state or a nanny state we should be fair and balanced to everyone and give everyone DUE PROCESS.

We costed Destiny thousands of dollars, what did he cost you huh? We cost Quantic sponsorship money. TL will lose out too. All you were cost was what, being offended? Hope you are happy.

Ban me I don't care I am out.


Yep, just like with the Orb incident this is just typical bandwagoning knee-jerk bullshit. It doesn't matter if Destiny's arguments in favor of free speech are correct or not, the hordes of people spamming his sponsors are simply LOUDER.

This is some serious Bill O'Reilly shit going on. Apparently the SC2 community is out to once again prove that if you're loud enough and just never shut up, even if you're wrong, you get results. These people all make me sick.
envisioN .
Profile Joined February 2011
United States552 Posts
May 05 2012 01:31 GMT
#2465
That's Destiny for ya. He's completely honest about his personality and realizes that people may not like him for it, but he refuses to be influenced by the rioting people who will more than likely shift their attention to some other "hot" topic in a week or so. I'm glad that he did what is best for the team, deciding to step down because he is doing more harm than good.
"Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works" -Martin Luther ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Falcor
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada894 Posts
May 05 2012 01:32 GMT
#2466
On May 05 2012 10:25 Silvertine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 10:23 Smat wrote:
What? He will get beat up by Asians and blacks and they will be justified? Fuck that society.

Learn to read. I didn't say that he would get beat up, nor did I say that it would be justified. I was referring to the fact that he would be immediately ostracized.


Have you been watching the elections or any american politics or news/radio for the last 10 yrs?
BeeNu
Profile Joined June 2011
615 Posts
May 05 2012 01:32 GMT
#2467
On May 05 2012 10:25 the`postman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 09:23 Orracle wrote:
On May 05 2012 09:17 lisward wrote:
On May 05 2012 09:14 Orracle wrote:
The majority of those that sent letters out I would guarantee are white males. Yes, it is their choice to be offended. That word doesn't pertain to a white male in anyway, shape, or form. If some one were to call me every racial word for being Jewish, it would be MY choice to get offended(granted I wouldn't be). Words are what you make them. This is coming from a person who doesn't care for Destiny. Hopefully this will have no effect on Destiny whatsoever, and he keeps his personality/stream up though.

Because white males don't have a right to feel offended at explicit language. Your argument doesn't make sense at all, no one chooses to be offended you don't choose how you feel. This is like having your child being emotionally bullied in school and telling him not to care because 'sticks and stones' right?


You don't choose how you feel? Do you understand how illogical and silly that sounds?
So if you're playing a game of SC2, and before your opponent leaves he says, "Fuck you bitch!" Would you feel to choose angry because he just insulted you? Or would you brush it off, because it doesn't matter? Oh, that's right! You're choosing how you feel!


On May 05 2012 09:21 the`postman wrote:

So if you go tell a rape joke to someone who was abused, or a dead baby joke to someone who had a miscarriage you think they are just going to choose to be offended?


Good point you make. Suddenly, "I'm going to rape you!" is offensive now? So that can't be said in game for fear of your opponent having been raped? The fact is, if a girl wants to hang on to emotional baggage of having had a miscarriage that is absolutely, you guessed it, her choice. I've dated girls who have had their "rape story"(haven't we all), which I never bothered to listen to. But they were never sensitive about the subject. If it were to cut to a scene in the movie, or a topic of it would come up, they would never be hesitant or angry. Why? Because it's, you guessed it, their choice!


You're either trolling or a robot. Do you even remotely understand what a feeling is?


The only people who can't control their feelings are 12yr old girls going through puberty.
Smat
Profile Joined January 2011
United States301 Posts
May 05 2012 01:33 GMT
#2468
On May 05 2012 10:25 Silvertine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 10:23 Smat wrote:
What? He will get beat up by Asians and blacks and they will be justified? Fuck that society.

Learn to read. I didn't say that he would get beat up, nor did I say that it would be justified. I was referring to the fact that he would be immediately ostracized.


We all are already ostracized. I don't know any significant percentage of the people in my city. I guess I just don't understand the mindset of people who let words dominate their emotions. I don't care that Destiny was forced out of Quantic but I also don't care that he used a racial slur and in my perfect world no one would give a shit either.
IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
May 05 2012 01:35 GMT
#2469
On May 05 2012 10:32 BeeNu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 10:25 the`postman wrote:
On May 05 2012 09:23 Orracle wrote:
On May 05 2012 09:17 lisward wrote:
On May 05 2012 09:14 Orracle wrote:
The majority of those that sent letters out I would guarantee are white males. Yes, it is their choice to be offended. That word doesn't pertain to a white male in anyway, shape, or form. If some one were to call me every racial word for being Jewish, it would be MY choice to get offended(granted I wouldn't be). Words are what you make them. This is coming from a person who doesn't care for Destiny. Hopefully this will have no effect on Destiny whatsoever, and he keeps his personality/stream up though.

Because white males don't have a right to feel offended at explicit language. Your argument doesn't make sense at all, no one chooses to be offended you don't choose how you feel. This is like having your child being emotionally bullied in school and telling him not to care because 'sticks and stones' right?


You don't choose how you feel? Do you understand how illogical and silly that sounds?
So if you're playing a game of SC2, and before your opponent leaves he says, "Fuck you bitch!" Would you feel to choose angry because he just insulted you? Or would you brush it off, because it doesn't matter? Oh, that's right! You're choosing how you feel!


On May 05 2012 09:21 the`postman wrote:

So if you go tell a rape joke to someone who was abused, or a dead baby joke to someone who had a miscarriage you think they are just going to choose to be offended?


Good point you make. Suddenly, "I'm going to rape you!" is offensive now? So that can't be said in game for fear of your opponent having been raped? The fact is, if a girl wants to hang on to emotional baggage of having had a miscarriage that is absolutely, you guessed it, her choice. I've dated girls who have had their "rape story"(haven't we all), which I never bothered to listen to. But they were never sensitive about the subject. If it were to cut to a scene in the movie, or a topic of it would come up, they would never be hesitant or angry. Why? Because it's, you guessed it, their choice!


You're either trolling or a robot. Do you even remotely understand what a feeling is?


The only people who can't control their feelings are 12yr old girls going through puberty.


Controlling your feelings, and HAVING those feelings, are 2 completely different things.
"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
Aelonius
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Netherlands432 Posts
May 05 2012 01:37 GMT
#2470
On May 05 2012 10:21 Silvertine wrote:
Another person admitting to calling a black friend "nigger" out of anger... my lord. What is wrong with you people? And then you say that he shouldn't be considered a true friend if he let it get to him. You're the one betraying friendship in that instance, not him.


I would have to elaborate about the culture in the Netherlands and the region I grew up in.
One thing you must know before you cast judgement, is that Dutch people tend to have a much thicker skin regarding insults and offensive speech than others. As an example, the use of cancer as illness is quite common sadly in here.

This results in an atmosphere where "nigger" as word here, is something like "Oh you dick" in another country.
Do not read into this that this justifies the behaviour, as you'd be short sighted if you'd take that from my words.

That said, the people I consider true friends are those who understand me and the way I operate. I am slightly obnoxious as I do not like to sugarcoat things with fancy stuff, which means I will directly say what I think. What I ment to say with the comment about friendship is the fact that our views of friends are different. The people I call my friends, know that I have the ability to swear like a sailor when really angry. (I automatically revert to Dutch then though).
However, and that is the strength of good friendship, they are able to see through it and while it may hurt at the moment it's said, it always is solved with good conversation in the long run.

I like to keep my friend circle small, the rest of my 'friends' are in between friends and acquaintances.
It's a matter of perspective on how you see things. If you'd attempt to offend me and wish me to have all illnesses in the medical textbook, most likely I won't even bother giving a crap about it.

You're clearly in a position where you strongly believe in avoiding all swearwords and try to stay nice. That's respectable, and that is a very good view especially for the long term. But myself I feel uncomfortable if I need to constantly hold back everything I do. This is why I deliberately choose to let all the energy flow, in all ways I go. The only moment I "sugarcoat" it so to speak, is when I am in a professional situation with my work. And even then it may be pretty rough compared to your standards. Just don't judge the book's cover right away because you do not know me, so the comment you made is pretty short-sighted I think.

Other than that, nothing against you man. Just felt like giving a piece of mind in the hope you'd understand me.
''The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.''—Ronald Reagan
IMABUNNEH
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1062 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-05 01:40:22
May 05 2012 01:39 GMT
#2471


The relevent part starts a couple of minutes in, but worth watching from the start. It's relevant I guess. About 3.30 if you want to stick to the relevant part.
"I think...now? No rival. Me world champion. Yeah. None rival." - oGsMC
kittensrcute
Profile Joined August 2010
United States617 Posts
May 05 2012 01:42 GMT
#2472
On May 05 2012 10:10 Mallidon wrote:
God I wish people would grow up and differentiate between someone saying something and someone meaning something. Fuck, there was another thread for this debate... It got closed due to the sheer amount of stupid replies.

Why does this shit create so many keyboard warriors who don't give a shit about day to day racism but care so much when it is convenient and can fuck someone popular over?

Edit: If you actually believe Destiny is a racist, then you have some serious issues. Why would he raise money for 'Doctors without Borders' ???

God I despair at this so called 'community'. Clearly not moved on from the 14/15th century witch hunts....

So you fully support the usage of racial slurs as long as the person saying them says he's not racist, gotcha.

Oh, he raised money for a good cause, guess we should overlook the way he's negatively representing his team and SC2 as an esport in general.
Aelonius
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Netherlands432 Posts
May 05 2012 01:43 GMT
#2473
On May 05 2012 10:31 envisioN . wrote:
That's Destiny for ya. He's completely honest about his personality and realizes that people may not like him for it, but he refuses to be influenced by the rioting people who will more than likely shift their attention to some other "hot" topic in a week or so. I'm glad that he did what is best for the team, deciding to step down because he is doing more harm than good.


I agree with this, and I kind of have to admit I am pretty similar in the mindset of how to interact with people.

Two quotes fit here pretty well:

1. Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain
2. I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not - Kurt Cobain

These two values (actually one but meh) are something I live by
''The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.''—Ronald Reagan
BeeNu
Profile Joined June 2011
615 Posts
May 05 2012 01:45 GMT
#2474
On May 05 2012 10:35 IMABUNNEH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 10:32 BeeNu wrote:
On May 05 2012 10:25 the`postman wrote:
On May 05 2012 09:23 Orracle wrote:
On May 05 2012 09:17 lisward wrote:
On May 05 2012 09:14 Orracle wrote:
The majority of those that sent letters out I would guarantee are white males. Yes, it is their choice to be offended. That word doesn't pertain to a white male in anyway, shape, or form. If some one were to call me every racial word for being Jewish, it would be MY choice to get offended(granted I wouldn't be). Words are what you make them. This is coming from a person who doesn't care for Destiny. Hopefully this will have no effect on Destiny whatsoever, and he keeps his personality/stream up though.

Because white males don't have a right to feel offended at explicit language. Your argument doesn't make sense at all, no one chooses to be offended you don't choose how you feel. This is like having your child being emotionally bullied in school and telling him not to care because 'sticks and stones' right?


You don't choose how you feel? Do you understand how illogical and silly that sounds?
So if you're playing a game of SC2, and before your opponent leaves he says, "Fuck you bitch!" Would you feel to choose angry because he just insulted you? Or would you brush it off, because it doesn't matter? Oh, that's right! You're choosing how you feel!


On May 05 2012 09:21 the`postman wrote:

So if you go tell a rape joke to someone who was abused, or a dead baby joke to someone who had a miscarriage you think they are just going to choose to be offended?


Good point you make. Suddenly, "I'm going to rape you!" is offensive now? So that can't be said in game for fear of your opponent having been raped? The fact is, if a girl wants to hang on to emotional baggage of having had a miscarriage that is absolutely, you guessed it, her choice. I've dated girls who have had their "rape story"(haven't we all), which I never bothered to listen to. But they were never sensitive about the subject. If it were to cut to a scene in the movie, or a topic of it would come up, they would never be hesitant or angry. Why? Because it's, you guessed it, their choice!


You're either trolling or a robot. Do you even remotely understand what a feeling is?


The only people who can't control their feelings are 12yr old girls going through puberty.


Controlling your feelings, and HAVING those feelings, are 2 completely different things.


Not really. You can control the feelings you have, you either dismiss them and kill them or give them life and act on them, or just bury them and hold them. Nobody but yourself can force you to feel a certain way, stop acting like a little victim because somebody offended you.
Malgrif
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1095 Posts
May 05 2012 01:46 GMT
#2475
all he does by being himself is hurt himself
for there to be pro there has to be noob.
Silvertine
Profile Joined February 2012
United States509 Posts
May 05 2012 01:46 GMT
#2476
On May 05 2012 10:32 Falcor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 10:25 Silvertine wrote:
On May 05 2012 10:23 Smat wrote:
What? He will get beat up by Asians and blacks and they will be justified? Fuck that society.

Learn to read. I didn't say that he would get beat up, nor did I say that it would be justified. I was referring to the fact that he would be immediately ostracized.


Have you been watching the elections or any american politics or news/radio for the last 10 yrs?

I'm curious if you actually thought anyone would know what you're talking about? Please explain.

On May 05 2012 10:33 Smat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 10:25 Silvertine wrote:
On May 05 2012 10:23 Smat wrote:
What? He will get beat up by Asians and blacks and they will be justified? Fuck that society.

Learn to read. I didn't say that he would get beat up, nor did I say that it would be justified. I was referring to the fact that he would be immediately ostracized.


We all are already ostracized. I don't know any significant percentage of the people in my city.

How poetic. Surely you realize that's not what I meant by "ostracized".

I guess I just don't understand the mindset of people who let words dominate their emotions.

If only we could all be as stoic as you pretend to be. Guess what? People don't like getting called racial slurs. It's not a mystery, it's not bizarre, it's a perfectly normal human reaction to receiving horrible insults.

I don't care that Destiny was forced out of Quantic but I also don't care that he used a racial slur and in my perfect world no one would give a shit either.

In a perfect world racial slurs wouldn't even exist...
aebriol
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway2066 Posts
May 05 2012 01:47 GMT
#2477
I wonder how many people that are against Destiny, are against other entertainers that use terms that can be seen as offensive.

Like, oh, most any rappers ...

Or hell, anyone that use the word 'bitch'

Destiny ... is not a top level progamer first and foremost, he is an entertaining streamer, for an adult audience.

I don't see why there's not room for that in the sc2 community.
BeeNu
Profile Joined June 2011
615 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-05 01:51:00
May 05 2012 01:49 GMT
#2478
On May 05 2012 10:46 Malgrif wrote:
all he does by being himself is hurt himself


Sure, if by "hurt himself" you mean "refuses to bend to mob mentality".


On May 05 2012 10:47 aebriol wrote:
I wonder how many people that are against Destiny, are against other entertainers that use terms that can be seen as offensive.

Like, oh, most any rappers ...

Or hell, anyone that use the word 'bitch'

Destiny ... is not a top level progamer first and foremost, he is an entertaining streamer, for an adult audience.

I don't see why there's not room for that in the sc2 community.


imo we are getting this problem because this community is filled with entitled little suburban kids craving power in any form they can find it in, I really, really doubt these folks give two damns about the ethical factors in any of this, they just see a way to fuck with a progamer and jump at the chance.
Smat
Profile Joined January 2011
United States301 Posts
May 05 2012 01:52 GMT
#2479
On May 05 2012 10:46 Silvertine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 10:32 Falcor wrote:
On May 05 2012 10:25 Silvertine wrote:
On May 05 2012 10:23 Smat wrote:
What? He will get beat up by Asians and blacks and they will be justified? Fuck that society.

Learn to read. I didn't say that he would get beat up, nor did I say that it would be justified. I was referring to the fact that he would be immediately ostracized.


Have you been watching the elections or any american politics or news/radio for the last 10 yrs?

I'm curious if you actually thought anyone would know what you're talking about? Please explain.

Show nested quote +
On May 05 2012 10:33 Smat wrote:
On May 05 2012 10:25 Silvertine wrote:
On May 05 2012 10:23 Smat wrote:
What? He will get beat up by Asians and blacks and they will be justified? Fuck that society.

Learn to read. I didn't say that he would get beat up, nor did I say that it would be justified. I was referring to the fact that he would be immediately ostracized.


We all are already ostracized. I don't know any significant percentage of the people in my city.

How poetic. Surely you realize that's not what I meant by "ostracized".

Show nested quote +
I guess I just don't understand the mindset of people who let words dominate their emotions.

If only we could all be as stoic as you pretend to be. Guess what? People don't like getting called racial slurs. It's not a mystery, it's not bizarre, it's a perfectly normal human reaction to receiving horrible insults.

Show nested quote +
I don't care that Destiny was forced out of Quantic but I also don't care that he used a racial slur and in my perfect world no one would give a shit either.

In a perfect world racial slurs wouldn't even exist...

I am not that stoic. I get pissed off when people say mean things to me. Sometimes I don't even get mad I just get depressed. But whatever life goes on, I got my feelings hurt so what. I don't believe I have the right to hurt that person because of it be it throwing them in jail or starting a fight. sticks and stones ect.
Silvertine
Profile Joined February 2012
United States509 Posts
May 05 2012 01:53 GMT
#2480
Aelonius, I appreciate your explanation and want to make it clear that I'm not against using profanity at all. It's using racial slurs, especially the ones that apply to the person you're attacking, that disgusts me.
Prev 1 122 123 124 125 126 147 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings82
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 144
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10609
White-Ra 342
Dota 2
monkeys_forever802
NeuroSwarm111
League of Legends
Doublelift5470
JimRising 673
Counter-Strike
fl0m3896
minikerr24
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox769
AZ_Axe168
Other Games
summit1g7762
Maynarde190
KnowMe188
ArmadaUGS106
Mew2King31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick917
BasetradeTV181
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 72
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 4m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
10h 4m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.