• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:21
CEST 05:21
KST 12:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8900 users

Flash reported practicing and enjoying sc2 - Page 7

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 63 Next
Don't directly link to images on Korean sites! Always rehost!
Meteora.GB
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada2479 Posts
April 25 2012 23:31 GMT
#121
Well, at least he's not retiring. This will have some consequences on the SC2 scene though, it could phase out the current top tier players we know like MKP, DongRaeGu, MVP, Nestea, MC, etc. There's still also a lot of unanswered things about the two scenes, or how the KeSPA sanctioned leagues would interact with GOM.
LEGAsee
Profile Joined January 2010
170 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 23:32:28
April 25 2012 23:31 GMT
#122
On April 26 2012 08:11 Diavlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 07:46 SabreUK wrote:
On April 26 2012 07:42 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On April 26 2012 07:38 gleepy wrote:
I think the bw pros are going to rage and quit after they stop winning. They will always be 2 years behind and will never catch up to the skill level of current players. Look for more of them joining FruitDealer and YellOw as LoL coaches


I agree. People who never played BW at a high level like Nestea, DRG, MMA, and MVP should just leave.


man your response got me laughing. hahahaha.

I don't think theyre 2years behind as it is, I hardly think that getting to grips with sc2 will take more than a few months for the very best...

The new expansion should reduce the gap between players who played from the beginning and those who just started now.


The real question is: can the BW pros who thrive on amazing mechanics and execution adapt to a game were decision making is the most important thing by far.
I mean when you look at the present SC2 scene a lot of players who do well have significantly worse mechanics than the newer player and still beat them easily. Except maybe for terran players.




I hope you aren't implying that decision making is more important in SC2 than it is in BW. Seems to be a common and incorrect theme among some.
Brood War has been a part of our lives for the last 12 years. No, we don't want change.
scsnow
Profile Joined April 2010
Slovenia515 Posts
April 25 2012 23:34 GMT
#123
Flash to win TSL4.
HyperionDreamer
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada1528 Posts
April 25 2012 23:36 GMT
#124
Fantasy playing Zerg in Sc2?

I like this. Can't wait to see these replays.
BW4life! Jaedong ~ Savior ~ Shine ; "drowning sorrows in late night infomercials" - bnYsooch
EnergizerBunny
Profile Joined January 2012
29 Posts
April 25 2012 23:37 GMT
#125
Would have rather seen him retire than play that sad excuse of a game. Oh well, can't bash a dude for wanting to get some free cash.
I deleted SC2 because it sucks
sGs.Stregon
Profile Joined February 2012
United States161 Posts
April 25 2012 23:37 GMT
#126
and the house of cards starts falling =( good news for Sc2, bad news for Sc:Bw
Sc:Bw4Life ; 14+ years, aint gunna stop
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
April 25 2012 23:38 GMT
#127
On April 26 2012 08:31 LEGAsee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 08:11 Diavlo wrote:
On April 26 2012 07:46 SabreUK wrote:
On April 26 2012 07:42 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On April 26 2012 07:38 gleepy wrote:
I think the bw pros are going to rage and quit after they stop winning. They will always be 2 years behind and will never catch up to the skill level of current players. Look for more of them joining FruitDealer and YellOw as LoL coaches


I agree. People who never played BW at a high level like Nestea, DRG, MMA, and MVP should just leave.


man your response got me laughing. hahahaha.

I don't think theyre 2years behind as it is, I hardly think that getting to grips with sc2 will take more than a few months for the very best...

The new expansion should reduce the gap between players who played from the beginning and those who just started now.


The real question is: can the BW pros who thrive on amazing mechanics and execution adapt to a game were decision making is the most important thing by far.
I mean when you look at the present SC2 scene a lot of players who do well have significantly worse mechanics than the newer player and still beat them easily. Except maybe for terran players.




I hope you aren't implying that decision making is more important in SC2 than it is in BW. Seems to be a common and incorrect theme among some.


I don't know why it's a common incorrect theme. Comparing SC2 to BW, SC2's mechanics are easier and thus players don't have to focus very often on micromanagement. This allows almost anyone to have amazing mechanics, and players will start focusing on other parts of the game, such as decision making skills.
ppp
sGs.Stregon
Profile Joined February 2012
United States161 Posts
April 25 2012 23:39 GMT
#128
On April 26 2012 06:55 blade55555 wrote:
Now to hope Jaedong sticks to zerg and enjoys the game to

Honestly, with how Jaedong did this past Proleague, its hard for me to think he hasnt been practicing for Sc2.. Unless he is really slumping 0o, which i just dont belive..
Sc:Bw4Life ; 14+ years, aint gunna stop
sevia
Profile Joined May 2010
United States954 Posts
April 25 2012 23:40 GMT
#129
I think it's important that the teams take their time, and really make sure that they're the best of the best before they start competing in leagues.

SC2 does have a learning curve, albeit a smaller one than BW. But a two year headstart can make up for a lot of skill. Who the hell wants to watch their favorite BW stars get ripped apart in GSL code A just because of inexperience? If it were coming out sooner, I would say they should wait for the upcoming expansion to be out, so they're on even footing with even the best SC2 players.

Or, they might just end up dominating immediately and I'll regret this post forever.
최지성 Bomber || 김동환 viOLet || 고병재 GuMiho
thoradycus
Profile Joined August 2010
Malaysia3262 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 23:40:36
April 25 2012 23:40 GMT
#130
Goood news he is enjoying it
rasers
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden691 Posts
April 25 2012 23:40 GMT
#131
On April 26 2012 08:38 supernovamaniac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 08:31 LEGAsee wrote:
On April 26 2012 08:11 Diavlo wrote:
On April 26 2012 07:46 SabreUK wrote:
On April 26 2012 07:42 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On April 26 2012 07:38 gleepy wrote:
I think the bw pros are going to rage and quit after they stop winning. They will always be 2 years behind and will never catch up to the skill level of current players. Look for more of them joining FruitDealer and YellOw as LoL coaches


I agree. People who never played BW at a high level like Nestea, DRG, MMA, and MVP should just leave.


man your response got me laughing. hahahaha.

I don't think theyre 2years behind as it is, I hardly think that getting to grips with sc2 will take more than a few months for the very best...

The new expansion should reduce the gap between players who played from the beginning and those who just started now.


The real question is: can the BW pros who thrive on amazing mechanics and execution adapt to a game were decision making is the most important thing by far.
I mean when you look at the present SC2 scene a lot of players who do well have significantly worse mechanics than the newer player and still beat them easily. Except maybe for terran players.




I hope you aren't implying that decision making is more important in SC2 than it is in BW. Seems to be a common and incorrect theme among some.


I don't know why it's a common incorrect theme. Comparing SC2 to BW, SC2's mechanics are easier and thus players don't have to focus very often on micromanagement. This allows almost anyone to have amazing mechanics, and players will start focusing on other parts of the game, such as decision making skills.

And the decision makign is still fucking important in BW. just because in SC2 a retarded ape can have good mechanics doesnt mean the decisions are like 5000 times more important then in BW now.

User was warned for this post
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
April 25 2012 23:45 GMT
#132
On April 26 2012 08:40 rasers wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 08:38 supernovamaniac wrote:
On April 26 2012 08:31 LEGAsee wrote:
On April 26 2012 08:11 Diavlo wrote:
On April 26 2012 07:46 SabreUK wrote:
On April 26 2012 07:42 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On April 26 2012 07:38 gleepy wrote:
I think the bw pros are going to rage and quit after they stop winning. They will always be 2 years behind and will never catch up to the skill level of current players. Look for more of them joining FruitDealer and YellOw as LoL coaches


I agree. People who never played BW at a high level like Nestea, DRG, MMA, and MVP should just leave.


man your response got me laughing. hahahaha.

I don't think theyre 2years behind as it is, I hardly think that getting to grips with sc2 will take more than a few months for the very best...

The new expansion should reduce the gap between players who played from the beginning and those who just started now.


The real question is: can the BW pros who thrive on amazing mechanics and execution adapt to a game were decision making is the most important thing by far.
I mean when you look at the present SC2 scene a lot of players who do well have significantly worse mechanics than the newer player and still beat them easily. Except maybe for terran players.




I hope you aren't implying that decision making is more important in SC2 than it is in BW. Seems to be a common and incorrect theme among some.


I don't know why it's a common incorrect theme. Comparing SC2 to BW, SC2's mechanics are easier and thus players don't have to focus very often on micromanagement. This allows almost anyone to have amazing mechanics, and players will start focusing on other parts of the game, such as decision making skills.

And the decision makign is still fucking important in BW. just because in SC2 a retarded ape can have good mechanics doesnt mean the decisions are like 5000 times more important then in BW now.

I've never said that decision making skills aren't important in BW, if that's what you're trying to imply with that reply. I simply said that players in SC2 have to focus a lot more on decision making skills BECAUSE it is not that hard for people to achieve good mechanics in SC2. In BW, mechanics meant a lot and even if you make the right decisions, you can't win a game if you don't know how to micro units properly.
ppp
EnergizerBunny
Profile Joined January 2012
29 Posts
April 25 2012 23:46 GMT
#133
Strategy in SC2 = lets make death balls and 1a. Sad shit. I think I have more respect for WoW players than SC2 ones :S

User was warned for this post
I deleted SC2 because it sucks
empty.bottle
Profile Joined July 2009
685 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 23:48:47
April 25 2012 23:48 GMT
#134
On April 26 2012 07:47 Lokerek wrote:
Such a good news. Hopefully Broodwar players will acknowledge strong presence of foreign fans and be more open through MLGs and Streaming. Jaedong + Flash streaming = pure gold.

I hope they dont, traveling a lot leads to shitty play.
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
April 25 2012 23:49 GMT
#135
On April 26 2012 08:34 scsnow wrote:
Flash to win TSL4.


I doubt he'd play in it.
Eufouria
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom4425 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-28 01:40:53
April 25 2012 23:50 GMT
#136
Coach: So in BW TvP we play a pure mech composition, however in SC2 Protoss has lots of weapons they can use to shut down siege tanks and fire vultures. Does anyone have any suggestions for how Terran should play against Protoss?

[image loading]

Flash: I think we should use bio.

[image loading]
Demonhunter04
Profile Joined July 2011
1530 Posts
April 25 2012 23:51 GMT
#137
On April 26 2012 08:25 Art.FeeL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 07:47 Lokerek wrote:
Such a good news. Hopefully Broodwar players will acknowledge strong presence of foreign fans and be more open through MLGs and Streaming. Jaedong + Flash streaming = pure gold.


I doubt Kespa would let them and even if they did stream you would understand nothing because of their speed.


I've seen some TBLS FPVODs, they're not that crazy fast. I can follow everything that Bisu is doing at once.....in BW.

Thanks to MBS and automine they won't even have to look back at their bases to macro nearly as often as they do in BW. Should be just fine watching their FPViews.
"If you don't drop sweat today, you will drop tears tomorrow" - SlayerSMMA
Befree
Profile Joined April 2010
695 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-25 23:53:06
April 25 2012 23:51 GMT
#138
I don't see much of a way to interpret this as bad news. "Flash reported not practicing, and not enjoying SC2" would be the alternative. Who would want that?

I'm glad he is Terran. I heard someone in another thread make a (joke?) comment about Protoss and I was not pleased.. I thought the Fantasy comment was just a joke too, though? (Since Fantasy is bad at bio and SC2 Terran is bio).

I'm really excited about this. While it wasn't like I was getting bored with watching him play BW or anything, I still really find something exciting about the idea of a whole new adventure in watching this transition. I hope fans can just at least keep an open mind. Not force themselves to accept his transition, but at least not dismiss right away. If Flash said he were going to go switch to LoL (or Halo??), I'd still watch him play those too.

May can't come soon enough! School out and watching proleague, eating an eggo waffle in my comfy bed once again! Time to make some new memories, guys!
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
April 25 2012 23:54 GMT
#139
On April 26 2012 08:14 blubbdavid wrote:
Don't pay attention to ZNF and ZoW, they life in their own world.
And I like how it is good for ESPORTS now that BW is dead.


Everyday I life a good life. Don't make fun of how I life my life, thank you very much!


On April 26 2012 08:11 Diavlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 07:46 SabreUK wrote:
On April 26 2012 07:42 Zergneedsfood wrote:
On April 26 2012 07:38 gleepy wrote:
I think the bw pros are going to rage and quit after they stop winning. They will always be 2 years behind and will never catch up to the skill level of current players. Look for more of them joining FruitDealer and YellOw as LoL coaches


I agree. People who never played BW at a high level like Nestea, DRG, MMA, and MVP should just leave.


man your response got me laughing. hahahaha.

I don't think theyre 2years behind as it is, I hardly think that getting to grips with sc2 will take more than a few months for the very best...

The new expansion should reduce the gap between players who played from the beginning and those who just started now.


The real question is: can the BW pros who thrive on amazing mechanics and execution adapt to a game were decision making is the most important thing by far.
I mean when you look at the present SC2 scene a lot of players who do well have significantly worse mechanics than the newer player and still beat them easily. Except maybe for terran players.




This is hilarious because you're wrong.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
sGs.Stregon
Profile Joined February 2012
United States161 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 00:00:10
April 25 2012 23:56 GMT
#140
On April 26 2012 07:31 erin[go]bragh wrote:
So, am I the only one that really needs to exercise a whole lot of self control in order to not go on a rage induced, curse laden tirade against SC2 and the phasing out of BW whenever I see shit like this?

I don't want to be a downer and fill the thread with nonsense, but my god, I wanted to go down kicking and screaming, not resigning myself to the fate of tolerating a master piece of a game being replaced by something that doesn't even deserve it's name. But I guess that makes me an extremist.


I am right there next to you bro.. Sc:Bw = the best 14 years of my life.. I cannot easily let something like that be taken from me =(

I hate hearing all these old Sc:Bw D-/C- ICCup players ((b.net fastest scrubs)) talkin trash on Sc:Bw, it just makes my blood boil that they dont even realize what they are destroying..
At this point((since the switch seems inevitable)), if Sc:Bw dissapears((im talking ICCup/fish goes down and there is only 2 UMS games on b.net at any givin point)) and Sc2 fails after Sc:Bw dissapears((very hypothetical situation i discribed, but a possiblitity =[ )), im goign to go timmothy mcvay on some stuff..
Sc:Bw4Life ; 14+ years, aint gunna stop
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft449
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta117
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft481
PiGStarcraft449
RuFF_SC2 189
SpeCial 50
PiLiPiLi 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1408
Hyuk 52
Noble 34
Bale 29
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm182
Counter-Strike
taco 582
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox738
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor645
Other Games
summit1g9848
Coldzera 817
JimRising 491
C9.Mang0324
Sick83
ViBE67
ArmadaUGS40
Liquid`Ken4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick751
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream92
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo717
• Stunt253
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
6h 39m
Online Event
7h 39m
FEL
12h 39m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 39m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 39m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.