• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:50
CEST 10:50
KST 17:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8601 users

The Korean dominance in recent events. What to do? - Page 38

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 Next All
ishyishy
Profile Joined February 2011
United States826 Posts
April 10 2012 21:31 GMT
#741
On April 11 2012 06:29 Pantythief wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 06:22 RageBot wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:15 Pantythief wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:13 yourself2k8 wrote:
This will surely only be made worse once/if KeSPA players move over to SC2. I'd be more concerned about what will happen when that swap happens than how things are now, but I guess you have to start somewhere. At least now foreigners can compete with the koreans. Nestea has said a few times that once the rest of the BW scene switches there will be another tier of play in SC2. Unless the KeSPA players are yet again not allowed to travel to foreign events.


WORSE?

What's wrong with Koreans?

This thread is getting more and more racist by the minute.

"Let's ban Korean players because they're so much better than us." That'll make a good example of e-sports and competition in general.


Mods should seriously ban every person who calls another one racist on this thread.

If I change the word "Korean" to "People who can't speak english, are completely shy and are an uninteresting personality with usually boring, although mechanically precise gameplay" is that okay? Even if 99% of all the Korean players fall into this category?



Even better. Mods should close this thread, because clearly you can't control this.

In case you haven't already noticed, this thread isn't about "people who can't speak English, are completely shy and are an uninteresting personality with usually boring, although mechically precise gameplay" as you quite 'racistly' described Koreans, this thread is about "Koreans" dominating the pro-scene because they're "Koreans." If people looked past the obvious, and started to accept that they're simply people playing this game better than us, then there would be no problem in the first place. If you don't like the fact that they're dominating the scene because they're Korean, then why are you complaining?




I agree close this stupid pointless thread lol
zefreak
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States2731 Posts
April 10 2012 21:31 GMT
#742
On April 11 2012 06:22 RageBot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 06:15 Pantythief wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:13 yourself2k8 wrote:
This will surely only be made worse once/if KeSPA players move over to SC2. I'd be more concerned about what will happen when that swap happens than how things are now, but I guess you have to start somewhere. At least now foreigners can compete with the koreans. Nestea has said a few times that once the rest of the BW scene switches there will be another tier of play in SC2. Unless the KeSPA players are yet again not allowed to travel to foreign events.


WORSE?

What's wrong with Koreans?

This thread is getting more and more racist by the minute.

"Let's ban Korean players because they're so much better than us." That'll make a good example of e-sports and competition in general.


Mods should seriously ban every person who calls another one racist on this thread.

If I change the word "Korean" to "People who can't speak english, are completely shy and are an uninteresting personality with usually boring, although mechanically precise gameplay" is that okay? Even if 99% of all the Korean players fall into this category?


Boring, but mechanically precise gameplay? Do you even watch SC2? Korean games are not boring, its actually foreign gameplay that is boring, even if their personalities are more 'exciting'. Foreigners are known for passive macro deathball shit, whereas koreans are generally more aggressive. What do you mean by boring gameplay, exactly? Are you seriously going to tell me that MMA, Polt, aLive, TaeJa, theStc, etc are more boring to watch than people like Thorzain?
www.gosu-sc.com - Starcraft News, Strategy and Merchandise
RageBot
Profile Joined November 2010
Israel1530 Posts
April 10 2012 21:33 GMT
#743
On April 11 2012 06:26 ghrur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 06:22 RageBot wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:15 Pantythief wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:13 yourself2k8 wrote:
This will surely only be made worse once/if KeSPA players move over to SC2. I'd be more concerned about what will happen when that swap happens than how things are now, but I guess you have to start somewhere. At least now foreigners can compete with the koreans. Nestea has said a few times that once the rest of the BW scene switches there will be another tier of play in SC2. Unless the KeSPA players are yet again not allowed to travel to foreign events.


WORSE?

What's wrong with Koreans?

This thread is getting more and more racist by the minute.

"Let's ban Korean players because they're so much better than us." That'll make a good example of e-sports and competition in general.


Mods should seriously ban every person who calls another one racist on this thread.

If I change the word "Korean" to "People who can't speak english, are completely shy and are an uninteresting personality with usually boring, although mechanically precise gameplay" is that okay? Even if 99% of all the Korean players fall into this category?


I love how you perpetuate incorrect stereotypes.

I guess all Chinese people study hard, want to be a doctor or lawyer, have a 4.0 GPA, are world-level at math, and have tiny eyes.Would it be alright to say that just those people shouldn't participate in tournaments even though 99% of all Chinese people fall into this category? I guess all black people have guns, commit crimes, wear hoodies, and are deviants. Is it alright if I change my description of black to that even though 99% of black people fall into this category?


Stereotypes exist mostly because they are true for a number of people of said ethnicity/race/whatever compared to the general population.
Now, the funny thing is that I didn't say that all of the Koreans are like that, but most of them.

Anyway - here's something for you to try, can you give me ten quotes from Korean player, who don't include Boxer, MC, MKP or DRG, without actively looking for them?
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
April 10 2012 21:34 GMT
#744
On April 11 2012 06:29 stormtemplar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 06:12 ghrur wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:03 Azarkon wrote:
On April 11 2012 05:58 oxxo wrote:
On April 11 2012 05:52 Azarkon wrote:
On April 11 2012 05:14 RageBot wrote:
On April 11 2012 05:12 MoonfireSpam wrote:
On April 11 2012 05:01 SirRobin wrote:
This keeps coming up because it's an important issue. I hear so many hardcore fans say they don't give a crap, they just want to see the best level of play.

the growth of esports requires a growth of viewers, obviously. So we need more eyes on the game. Now a lot of hardcore fans would argue that, hey, if we're showing the best of the best play, it's what I want, and it's best for the growth of esports because these incredible plays will attract more viewers!

Well, in our small niche, yes. But in the grand scheme of things, the difference of skill between EG and coL compared to IM or Prime is minimal. If you know anything about the NA scene, you know most people describe it as a popularity contest. Many NA fans are casuals and that skill differentiation is miniscule. Thus, they focus on the player's personalities, their story, their team's story. Sports have drama and passion. These are things that are appealing to NA casual gamers, not that 1 crazy specific play that some Korean did.

What if the whole foreign scene didn't get better? What if the Korean Brood War players switch over and every tournament is won by a Korean? If we look at it from a marketing standpoint, the NA scene would be a community seen as just a bunch of nerdy kids who are in love with some Korean pro gamers. In order to appeal to Americans, we need fellow American gamers. We can't be a group of fans all cheering for other nationalties, as much as we don't care, other people do. Many koreans can't speak english, are not apart of American culture, and therefore are just not simply marketable to most Americans.

To grow eSports, there has to be competition at a national level. It seems as though Blizzard understands this with their new World Championship Series and I'm very excited for things to come


Because it will in no way be a repeat of Blizzcon 2011 where two Koreans entered into a field of 16 (soz Select, you are USA!) and finish top 2. No doubt should it happen again people will still bitch and moan.


People have no problems with Koreans winning, we have problems with them being the only thing we see, and filling entire top 8 or top 16 of tournemants.

For example, if IPL4 would've showed Sase's games against the Koreans, or Huk's, they would've got more viewers than showing as Alive vs... whoever he was playing.


Indeed.

I don't care that Koreans win. I care that I don't get to see a single foreigner play in the main streams of premier tournaments. I think it's downright absurd for premier tournament organizers to say that Starcraft is a global game and that this is the best international tournament ever, and then bring out two dozen Korean contestants and call it a night. But I understand just the same that they have to do this to get sponsors and viewers.

Koreans winning tournaments isn't hurting the game. Koreans taking practically every spot in the line-up of premier tournaments is. You are not going to convince sponsors and viewers that the game is global and that the competition is global when you end up with a line-up of 16 Koreans before the games begin. BW was that way, and no one thought BW was a global game.


The foreigners got their chance but failed to qualify. What's the problem? It's far worse to give charity spots out based on nationality/skin color and have completely 1 sided stomp-fests.


It's not going to end up with one sided stomp-fests. Foreigners failed to qualify because it was 2-3 top foreigners vs. 10-15 Korean pros in the open qualifiers. Having equivalent skill doesn't help in that case.


No, not it was not.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/IGN_ProLeague_Season_4/UK_Qualifiers How many koreans do you count? How many foreigners?
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/IGN_ProLeague_Season_4/Online_Qualifier_1 Count again.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/IGN_ProLeague_Season_4/Online_Qualifier_2 And once more.
You know what the problem is? It's not that there are too many koreans. It's that foreigners can't win against koreans because they need to practice more/harder/more efficiently.


In the round of 64 of qualifier one I count 29 koreans whos names I know (GSL or Large foreign tournament competitors). I count 8 foreigners who would have a shot at a good result in a major tournament. In terms of quality players, Foreigners were outnumbered 3.5 to one. Again, in qualifier 2, I counted 29 high level koreans and 9 quality foregners Again, about 3.5 to one. The UK qualifiers were fine. In the open bracket I count again 29 notable koreans (Weird) I counted 20 notable foreigners (I was way more generous with notable this time around too, counting several people I had glazed over previously). His numbers might have been wrong, but his idea was right.


Then the problem was that there were at least 27 foreigners who were simply not good enough and needed to be better. Koreans are basically counted as high level because foreigners suck in comparison. It doesn't mean a foreigner has no chance. It means they need to get better. Notice how 2 top koreans can break through a slew of foreigners in the UK qualifier while no foreigner can even make top 8 in the online qualifiers.

This doesn't mean that, at the starting stage, foreigners can't try to compete. It just means foreigners consistently get beat out by koreans because they're not good enough.
darkness overpowering
marcelluspye
Profile Joined August 2011
United States155 Posts
April 10 2012 21:35 GMT
#745
I watch tournaments so that in the later stages I will see the best possible games played. I do not watch tournaments because there are foreigners in them, I do not watch tournaments because there are koreans in them. I watch tournaments because they have the highest level games. If you bar some players from playing because there are a certain number of slots per country, allowing inferior progamers to play in their place, there might be some better storylines, but the quality of the games will go down.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-10 21:36:34
April 10 2012 21:35 GMT
#746
On April 11 2012 06:33 RageBot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 06:26 ghrur wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:22 RageBot wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:15 Pantythief wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:13 yourself2k8 wrote:
This will surely only be made worse once/if KeSPA players move over to SC2. I'd be more concerned about what will happen when that swap happens than how things are now, but I guess you have to start somewhere. At least now foreigners can compete with the koreans. Nestea has said a few times that once the rest of the BW scene switches there will be another tier of play in SC2. Unless the KeSPA players are yet again not allowed to travel to foreign events.


WORSE?

What's wrong with Koreans?

This thread is getting more and more racist by the minute.

"Let's ban Korean players because they're so much better than us." That'll make a good example of e-sports and competition in general.


Mods should seriously ban every person who calls another one racist on this thread.

If I change the word "Korean" to "People who can't speak english, are completely shy and are an uninteresting personality with usually boring, although mechanically precise gameplay" is that okay? Even if 99% of all the Korean players fall into this category?


I love how you perpetuate incorrect stereotypes.

I guess all Chinese people study hard, want to be a doctor or lawyer, have a 4.0 GPA, are world-level at math, and have tiny eyes.Would it be alright to say that just those people shouldn't participate in tournaments even though 99% of all Chinese people fall into this category? I guess all black people have guns, commit crimes, wear hoodies, and are deviants. Is it alright if I change my description of black to that even though 99% of black people fall into this category?


Stereotypes exist mostly because they are true for a number of people of said ethnicity/race/whatever compared to the general population.
Now, the funny thing is that I didn't say that all of the Koreans are like that, but most of them.

Anyway - here's something for you to try, can you give me ten quotes from Korean player, who don't include Boxer, MC, MKP or DRG, without actively looking for them?


???

What does quotes have to do with this?
afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-10 21:39:02
April 10 2012 21:38 GMT
#747
On April 11 2012 06:33 RageBot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 06:26 ghrur wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:22 RageBot wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:15 Pantythief wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:13 yourself2k8 wrote:
This will surely only be made worse once/if KeSPA players move over to SC2. I'd be more concerned about what will happen when that swap happens than how things are now, but I guess you have to start somewhere. At least now foreigners can compete with the koreans. Nestea has said a few times that once the rest of the BW scene switches there will be another tier of play in SC2. Unless the KeSPA players are yet again not allowed to travel to foreign events.


WORSE?

What's wrong with Koreans?

This thread is getting more and more racist by the minute.

"Let's ban Korean players because they're so much better than us." That'll make a good example of e-sports and competition in general.


Mods should seriously ban every person who calls another one racist on this thread.

If I change the word "Korean" to "People who can't speak english, are completely shy and are an uninteresting personality with usually boring, although mechanically precise gameplay" is that okay? Even if 99% of all the Korean players fall into this category?


I love how you perpetuate incorrect stereotypes.

I guess all Chinese people study hard, want to be a doctor or lawyer, have a 4.0 GPA, are world-level at math, and have tiny eyes.Would it be alright to say that just those people shouldn't participate in tournaments even though 99% of all Chinese people fall into this category? I guess all black people have guns, commit crimes, wear hoodies, and are deviants. Is it alright if I change my description of black to that even though 99% of black people fall into this category?


Stereotypes exist mostly because they are true for a number of people of said ethnicity/race/whatever compared to the general population.
Now, the funny thing is that I didn't say that all of the Koreans are like that, but most of them.

Anyway - here's something for you to try, can you give me ten quotes from Korean player, who don't include Boxer, MC, MKP or DRG, without actively looking for them?


Let me quote you: "Even if 99% of all Korean players fall into this category." Do you read your own words? 99% is basically all, not even mostly true, 99% true. Which stereotypes are never that true. In fact, stereotypes are somewhat, SOMEWHAT, true for a population, but not for an individual. If you apply it to the individual, you've A. never met the individual. B. are stupid. or C. are racist.

And I can't, lol, but I can't give you ten quotes from foreign players either. The thing that I remember most right now, that sticks out of my head, is from a Korean called Moon. "Koreans own the white dudes."
darkness overpowering
kafkaesque
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Germany2006 Posts
April 10 2012 21:38 GMT
#748
On April 11 2012 06:33 RageBot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 06:26 ghrur wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:22 RageBot wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:15 Pantythief wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:13 yourself2k8 wrote:
This will surely only be made worse once/if KeSPA players move over to SC2. I'd be more concerned about what will happen when that swap happens than how things are now, but I guess you have to start somewhere. At least now foreigners can compete with the koreans. Nestea has said a few times that once the rest of the BW scene switches there will be another tier of play in SC2. Unless the KeSPA players are yet again not allowed to travel to foreign events.


WORSE?

What's wrong with Koreans?

This thread is getting more and more racist by the minute.

"Let's ban Korean players because they're so much better than us." That'll make a good example of e-sports and competition in general.


Mods should seriously ban every person who calls another one racist on this thread.

If I change the word "Korean" to "People who can't speak english, are completely shy and are an uninteresting personality with usually boring, although mechanically precise gameplay" is that okay? Even if 99% of all the Korean players fall into this category?


I love how you perpetuate incorrect stereotypes.

I guess all Chinese people study hard, want to be a doctor or lawyer, have a 4.0 GPA, are world-level at math, and have tiny eyes.Would it be alright to say that just those people shouldn't participate in tournaments even though 99% of all Chinese people fall into this category? I guess all black people have guns, commit crimes, wear hoodies, and are deviants. Is it alright if I change my description of black to that even though 99% of black people fall into this category?


Stereotypes exist mostly because they are true for a number of people of said ethnicity/race/whatever compared to the general population.
Now, the funny thing is that I didn't say that all of the Koreans are like that, but most of them.

Anyway - here's something for you to try, can you give me ten quotes from Korean player, who don't include Boxer, MC, MKP or DRG, without actively looking for them?


Can you give me a single quote from a foreign player? It's not like they are spewing out quoteworthy wisdom by the minute...

I certainly could not. Your points are really questionable, to say the least.
| (• ◡•)|╯ ╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
murkk
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada154 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-10 21:40:34
April 10 2012 21:38 GMT
#749
There is nothing racist about not caring about a bunch of Koreans playing - I'm sure they have their own fans at home and abroad. If you can't understand this, you're probably too dumb to dress yourself in the morning.

It's also fine to say that foreigners are essentially too bright on par to spend practically every waking moment for decade long spans playing a computer game.

SC2 isn't and never will be a game that can hold the attention of anything other than an insanely tiny sample of the population of North America. The growth of this game as an "eSport" is essentially the proper mobilization of this niche group in terms of marketing and product improvement.

IE... you create a good tourney with tops players so the hardcore fans are willing to spend $10-50 a weekend to watch it.

I would never try to make an "American" league since there pretty much no insentive to try and appeal to a wider audience. That audience just doesn't exist.
RevRich
Profile Joined February 2011
United States218 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-10 21:43:52
April 10 2012 21:39 GMT
#750
To me its pretty simple.

In South Korea Starcraft is a religion, and in EU/US its a niche market at best. US/EU are too busy being great at everything else
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
April 10 2012 21:40 GMT
#751
On April 11 2012 06:38 murkk wrote:
There is nothing racist about not caring about a bunch of Koreans playing - I'm sure they have their own fans at home and abroad. If you can't understand this, you're probably too dumb to dress yourself in the morning.

It's also fine to say that foreigners are essentially too bright on par to spend practically every waking moment for decade long spans playing a computer game.

SC2 isn't and never will be a game that can hold the attention of anything other than an insanely tiny sample of the population of North America. The growth of this game as an "eSport" is essentially the proper mobilization of this niche group in terms of marketing and product improvement.

IE... you create a good tourney with tops players so the hardcore fans are willing to spend $10-50 a weekend to watch it.


Note: I never said anyone was racist for not caring about Koreans. I simply think it's stupid to stereotype a whole group of people based on a few and accept that as 99% true.
darkness overpowering
RageBot
Profile Joined November 2010
Israel1530 Posts
April 10 2012 21:41 GMT
#752
On April 11 2012 06:35 Pantythief wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 06:33 RageBot wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:26 ghrur wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:22 RageBot wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:15 Pantythief wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:13 yourself2k8 wrote:
This will surely only be made worse once/if KeSPA players move over to SC2. I'd be more concerned about what will happen when that swap happens than how things are now, but I guess you have to start somewhere. At least now foreigners can compete with the koreans. Nestea has said a few times that once the rest of the BW scene switches there will be another tier of play in SC2. Unless the KeSPA players are yet again not allowed to travel to foreign events.


WORSE?

What's wrong with Koreans?

This thread is getting more and more racist by the minute.

"Let's ban Korean players because they're so much better than us." That'll make a good example of e-sports and competition in general.


Mods should seriously ban every person who calls another one racist on this thread.

If I change the word "Korean" to "People who can't speak english, are completely shy and are an uninteresting personality with usually boring, although mechanically precise gameplay" is that okay? Even if 99% of all the Korean players fall into this category?


I love how you perpetuate incorrect stereotypes.

I guess all Chinese people study hard, want to be a doctor or lawyer, have a 4.0 GPA, are world-level at math, and have tiny eyes.Would it be alright to say that just those people shouldn't participate in tournaments even though 99% of all Chinese people fall into this category? I guess all black people have guns, commit crimes, wear hoodies, and are deviants. Is it alright if I change my description of black to that even though 99% of black people fall into this category?


Stereotypes exist mostly because they are true for a number of people of said ethnicity/race/whatever compared to the general population.
Now, the funny thing is that I didn't say that all of the Koreans are like that, but most of them.

Anyway - here's something for you to try, can you give me ten quotes from Korean player, who don't include Boxer, MC, MKP or DRG, without actively looking for them?


???

What does quotes have to do with this?


Well, how about you read the thread, as to why people don't want that many Koreans, and you'll find out?
RageBot
Profile Joined November 2010
Israel1530 Posts
April 10 2012 21:42 GMT
#753
On April 11 2012 06:38 kafkaesque wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 06:33 RageBot wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:26 ghrur wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:22 RageBot wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:15 Pantythief wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:13 yourself2k8 wrote:
This will surely only be made worse once/if KeSPA players move over to SC2. I'd be more concerned about what will happen when that swap happens than how things are now, but I guess you have to start somewhere. At least now foreigners can compete with the koreans. Nestea has said a few times that once the rest of the BW scene switches there will be another tier of play in SC2. Unless the KeSPA players are yet again not allowed to travel to foreign events.


WORSE?

What's wrong with Koreans?

This thread is getting more and more racist by the minute.

"Let's ban Korean players because they're so much better than us." That'll make a good example of e-sports and competition in general.


Mods should seriously ban every person who calls another one racist on this thread.

If I change the word "Korean" to "People who can't speak english, are completely shy and are an uninteresting personality with usually boring, although mechanically precise gameplay" is that okay? Even if 99% of all the Korean players fall into this category?


I love how you perpetuate incorrect stereotypes.

I guess all Chinese people study hard, want to be a doctor or lawyer, have a 4.0 GPA, are world-level at math, and have tiny eyes.Would it be alright to say that just those people shouldn't participate in tournaments even though 99% of all Chinese people fall into this category? I guess all black people have guns, commit crimes, wear hoodies, and are deviants. Is it alright if I change my description of black to that even though 99% of black people fall into this category?


Stereotypes exist mostly because they are true for a number of people of said ethnicity/race/whatever compared to the general population.
Now, the funny thing is that I didn't say that all of the Koreans are like that, but most of them.

Anyway - here's something for you to try, can you give me ten quotes from Korean player, who don't include Boxer, MC, MKP or DRG, without actively looking for them?


Can you give me a single quote from a foreign player? It's not like they are spewing out quoteworthy wisdom by the minute...

I certainly could not. Your points are really questionable, to say the least.


"It's okay" - Naniwa.
Pantythief
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark657 Posts
April 10 2012 21:43 GMT
#754
On April 11 2012 06:38 murkk wrote:
There is nothing racist about not caring about a bunch of Koreans playing - I'm sure they have their own fans at home and abroad. If you can't understand this, you're probably too dumb to dress yourself in the morning.

It's also fine to say that foreigners are essentially too bright on par to spend practically every waking moment for decade long spans playing a computer game.

SC2 isn't and never will be a game that can hold the attention of anything other than an insanely tiny sample of the population of North America. The growth of this game as an "eSport" is essentially the proper mobilization of this niche group in terms of marketing and product improvement.

IE... you create a good tourney with tops players so the hardcore fans are willing to spend $10-50 a weekend to watch it.


So, basically what you just said is that there's nothing racist about not liking Koreans, and it's alright to assume that people who are not Asian are too smart to be spending most of their time on a computer game, and this is how you would describe this "situation", is that correct?



afkøaoilncpsdpdnaædc
RageBot
Profile Joined November 2010
Israel1530 Posts
April 10 2012 21:44 GMT
#755
On April 11 2012 06:40 ghrur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 06:38 murkk wrote:
There is nothing racist about not caring about a bunch of Koreans playing - I'm sure they have their own fans at home and abroad. If you can't understand this, you're probably too dumb to dress yourself in the morning.

It's also fine to say that foreigners are essentially too bright on par to spend practically every waking moment for decade long spans playing a computer game.

SC2 isn't and never will be a game that can hold the attention of anything other than an insanely tiny sample of the population of North America. The growth of this game as an "eSport" is essentially the proper mobilization of this niche group in terms of marketing and product improvement.

IE... you create a good tourney with tops players so the hardcore fans are willing to spend $10-50 a weekend to watch it.


Note: I never said anyone was racist for not caring about Koreans. I simply think it's stupid to stereotype a whole group of people based on a few and accept that as 99% true.


And if I would've changed that to 80%, would you still consider that as "racist"?
I think I could actually make a list of Koreans who most western fans would find boring by than.
ishyishy
Profile Joined February 2011
United States826 Posts
April 10 2012 21:44 GMT
#756
On April 11 2012 06:31 zefreak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 06:22 RageBot wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:15 Pantythief wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:13 yourself2k8 wrote:
This will surely only be made worse once/if KeSPA players move over to SC2. I'd be more concerned about what will happen when that swap happens than how things are now, but I guess you have to start somewhere. At least now foreigners can compete with the koreans. Nestea has said a few times that once the rest of the BW scene switches there will be another tier of play in SC2. Unless the KeSPA players are yet again not allowed to travel to foreign events.


WORSE?

What's wrong with Koreans?

This thread is getting more and more racist by the minute.

"Let's ban Korean players because they're so much better than us." That'll make a good example of e-sports and competition in general.


Mods should seriously ban every person who calls another one racist on this thread.

If I change the word "Korean" to "People who can't speak english, are completely shy and are an uninteresting personality with usually boring, although mechanically precise gameplay" is that okay? Even if 99% of all the Korean players fall into this category?


Boring, but mechanically precise gameplay? Do you even watch SC2? Korean games are not boring, its actually foreign gameplay that is boring, even if their personalities are more 'exciting'. Foreigners are known for passive macro deathball shit, whereas koreans are generally more aggressive. What do you mean by boring gameplay, exactly? Are you seriously going to tell me that MMA, Polt, aLive, TaeJa, theStc, etc are more boring to watch than people like Thorzain?



Hmmm, I agree with everything you said here.
Heavenlee
Profile Joined April 2012
United States966 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-10 21:44:59
April 10 2012 21:44 GMT
#757
How many times are we going to have this thread? It's like after each event someone feels the need to make a thread on this subject with some long-winded OP followed by 50 pages of the same arguments. Koreans are better than everyone else at Starcraft, they practice harder, GG what else is there to say?

On April 11 2012 06:33 RageBot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 06:26 ghrur wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:22 RageBot wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:15 Pantythief wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:13 yourself2k8 wrote:
This will surely only be made worse once/if KeSPA players move over to SC2. I'd be more concerned about what will happen when that swap happens than how things are now, but I guess you have to start somewhere. At least now foreigners can compete with the koreans. Nestea has said a few times that once the rest of the BW scene switches there will be another tier of play in SC2. Unless the KeSPA players are yet again not allowed to travel to foreign events.


WORSE?

What's wrong with Koreans?

This thread is getting more and more racist by the minute.

"Let's ban Korean players because they're so much better than us." That'll make a good example of e-sports and competition in general.


Mods should seriously ban every person who calls another one racist on this thread.

If I change the word "Korean" to "People who can't speak english, are completely shy and are an uninteresting personality with usually boring, although mechanically precise gameplay" is that okay? Even if 99% of all the Korean players fall into this category?


I love how you perpetuate incorrect stereotypes.

I guess all Chinese people study hard, want to be a doctor or lawyer, have a 4.0 GPA, are world-level at math, and have tiny eyes.Would it be alright to say that just those people shouldn't participate in tournaments even though 99% of all Chinese people fall into this category? I guess all black people have guns, commit crimes, wear hoodies, and are deviants. Is it alright if I change my description of black to that even though 99% of black people fall into this category?


Stereotypes exist mostly because they are true for a number of people of said ethnicity/race/whatever compared to the general population.
Now, the funny thing is that I didn't say that all of the Koreans are like that, but most of them.

Anyway - here's something for you to try, can you give me ten quotes from Korean player, who don't include Boxer, MC, MKP or DRG, without actively looking for them?


LOL. Can you give me ten quotes from foreign players who don't include IdrA, Huk, or WhiteRa, without actively looking for them? I follow SC2 pretty closely and I can't do five.


mememolly
Profile Joined December 2011
4765 Posts
April 10 2012 21:44 GMT
#758
just stick to the best players get where they deserve, positive discrimination only leads to mediocrity
MetalSlug
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany443 Posts
April 10 2012 21:45 GMT
#759
On April 11 2012 06:33 RageBot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2012 06:26 ghrur wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:22 RageBot wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:15 Pantythief wrote:
On April 11 2012 06:13 yourself2k8 wrote:
This will surely only be made worse once/if KeSPA players move over to SC2. I'd be more concerned about what will happen when that swap happens than how things are now, but I guess you have to start somewhere. At least now foreigners can compete with the koreans. Nestea has said a few times that once the rest of the BW scene switches there will be another tier of play in SC2. Unless the KeSPA players are yet again not allowed to travel to foreign events.


WORSE?

What's wrong with Koreans?

This thread is getting more and more racist by the minute.

"Let's ban Korean players because they're so much better than us." That'll make a good example of e-sports and competition in general.


Mods should seriously ban every person who calls another one racist on this thread.

If I change the word "Korean" to "People who can't speak english, are completely shy and are an uninteresting personality with usually boring, although mechanically precise gameplay" is that okay? Even if 99% of all the Korean players fall into this category?


I love how you perpetuate incorrect stereotypes.

I guess all Chinese people study hard, want to be a doctor or lawyer, have a 4.0 GPA, are world-level at math, and have tiny eyes.Would it be alright to say that just those people shouldn't participate in tournaments even though 99% of all Chinese people fall into this category? I guess all black people have guns, commit crimes, wear hoodies, and are deviants. Is it alright if I change my description of black to that even though 99% of black people fall into this category?


Stereotypes exist mostly because they are true for a number of people of said ethnicity/race/whatever compared to the general population.
Now, the funny thing is that I didn't say that all of the Koreans are like that, but most of them.

Anyway - here's something for you to try, can you give me ten quotes from Korean player, who don't include Boxer, MC, MKP or DRG, without actively looking for them?


Wow dude, i can only feel sorry for you... i read most of your posts and they are filled with hate and anger towards people that are better >AT A GAME< than the people you want to be good.
Please for love of god stop the hating...
If starcraft dies because not enaugh white guys can win tournaments then seriously fuck this shitty community everyone prises so much.


MKP | Maru | Nada | Boxer | Supernova | Keen
fishjie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1519 Posts
April 10 2012 21:46 GMT
#760
don't worry as i've said before, with blizzard continuing to dumb down sc2 with a-move death balls and AOE, i'm sure by the final expansion foreigners will be able to compete!
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 1205
Hyuk 640
Aegong 108
Leta 75
Dewaltoss 74
Killer 51
soO 46
Yoon 44
Sharp 37
Larva 30
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 22
Hm[arnc] 22
ZerO 14
Sacsri 12
Dota 2
Fuzer 130
League of Legends
JimRising 454
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss845
byalli637
kRYSTAL_27
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1032
crisheroes73
Other Games
summit1g9414
singsing1234
olofmeister1035
ceh9595
Mew2King94
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• FirePhoenix0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2354
League of Legends
• Rush1179
• Stunt505
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
4h 10m
OSC
13h 10m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 1h
Online Event
1d 2h
FEL
1d 7h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.