• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:47
CEST 04:47
KST 11:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7314 users

2013 - What are you reading? - Page 11

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 58 Next
SafeWord
Profile Joined February 2010
United States522 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-11 17:22:12
January 11 2012 13:55 GMT
#201
On January 11 2012 15:47 Lemonwalrus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2012 15:07 madmandrit wrote:
On January 11 2012 14:45 teknomage wrote:
[image loading]

Trying to get into this series. Having a hard time so far. Just not the type of book I usually read. Not going to give up though. Heard it is good so got to give it a fair chance.




On January 10 2012 01:28 sa8095 wrote:
[image loading]

Awesome books with some great characters


I have to agree with this one. Really enjoyed these. The first in "The Lightbringer" series was ok too but can't compare to "The Night Angel" series.


The First book was abit hard for me to get into it, but as you get into the second book it becomes AMAZING. I actually just finished reading the Dark Tower Series last month.

Just Finished: 11/22/63

I'm a King fan but I hear that 11/22/63 is a huge departure from his norm...and I'm not sure if it is worth the read. What did you think of it?


To be honest with you I liked it a lot, I wouldn't say I'm the biggest SK fan as I have only read the Dark Tower Series and 11/22/63. Its a pretty emotional book, the main character is someone I could at least reality to. Also after reading the Dark Tower books the crazy shit that happens within this book I'm used to already lol. Either way if your a fan of his work I think you should pick it up!
Who needs players when you have God?
voy[TECH]
Profile Joined December 2008
Poland63 Posts
January 11 2012 14:10 GMT
#202
Currently Reading
[image loading]

Steve Jobs By Walter Isaacson

Finished recently
[image loading]


That wasn't easy...

I read it in Chinese.....



No, I didn't just messing around


Best
NaDa and Boxer 4Ever. SC 4Life. - IntoTheRain the coolest nickname in Starcraft history -
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
January 11 2012 14:14 GMT
#203
[image loading]
SockArms
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-11 14:20:19
January 11 2012 14:18 GMT
#204
[image loading]


H.P. Lovecraft is insane so freaking scary! :D But great!

hrm pic not showing up so here's the cover link

Necronomicon
| Cloud9 | DK | Liquid |
Dankbeer
Profile Joined November 2010
United States61 Posts
January 11 2012 14:49 GMT
#205
@ madmandrit: SK's Dark Tower series is a long read but most certainly worth the effort. It's by far my favorite thing he has written.

@ voros: Hieronymus's BLAM is a great book if you're into belgian beer or even better if you're a homebrewer like me that strives to recreate various belgian beers. Most recently I made a clone batch of Saint Bernardus ABT 12 (very nice).

Finished reading:
[image loading]

About to start:
[image loading]
Tomorrow comes today.
SafeWord
Profile Joined February 2010
United States522 Posts
January 11 2012 17:21 GMT
#206
On January 11 2012 23:49 Dankbeer wrote:
@ madmandrit: SK's Dark Tower series is a long read but most certainly worth the effort. It's by far my favorite thing he has written.


Yup! Sadly I don't think the last three books are as amazing as the first four books : /. Of course I understand the reason why, just wish that wasn't the case xD.
Who needs players when you have God?
OKMarius
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway469 Posts
January 11 2012 17:27 GMT
#207
Just started:

[image loading]

Seems good so far.
Kadoka
Profile Joined October 2008
United States82 Posts
January 11 2012 17:56 GMT
#208
[image loading]
asdf
Zren89
Profile Joined February 2011
United States131 Posts
January 11 2012 18:37 GMT
#209
Just Finished:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Auto-biography of one of my favorite actors of all time, nuff' said!

Currently Reading:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Great Book, the last in the series! Tad Williams is one of my favorite Fantasy Authors, although he can get a bit cheesy.

About to Read:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

After reading a few reviews and the book jacket I was enthralled, can't really explain this one easily, Crazy crazy book it looks like!

After those are digested, I'll be moving on to this bad-boy!
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I like quantum physics its extremely interesting, though I don't quite have the math background to understand it past a philosophical level.

Happy Reading to everyone this year!
you can't get mad at basketball cause you think kobe bryant is a horrible person. you don't see basketball forums with "kobe bryant is killing basketball!". it doesn't work like that, how the SC2 community made that connection is beyond me. ~Yoduh
FinnGamer
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany2426 Posts
January 11 2012 18:43 GMT
#210
I preordered this:
[image loading]
And it will arrive tomorrow, I'm so excited to read it
"hopefully swing the favor in your advantage." - Day[9]
Pellucidity
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Netherlands377 Posts
January 11 2012 18:49 GMT
#211
Got it for Christmas, just started today and my mind is being molested.
[image loading]
"NO MUCH. WHY ARE YOUR SCARABS SO STUPID" - Tasteless
Alby8528
Profile Joined January 2012
United States4 Posts
January 11 2012 18:56 GMT
#212
Just read:
[image loading]
I was a fan of the original shannara trilogy so I decided to get the prequel. I must say its a really good book. I recommend it for those who like fantasy books

currently reading:
[image loading]
my friend just threw it at me and told me to read and since I have nothing to do at the moment I decided to read, I'm half way through it and its a pretty interesting

will read next:
[image loading]
I was reading up on the wheel of time series and it looks like a an interesting series to read, after my current book, I'm gonna grab the first volume and read on
nubs
Profile Joined September 2010
United States13 Posts
January 11 2012 18:58 GMT
#213
Just finished:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Currently reading:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Zren89
Profile Joined February 2011
United States131 Posts
January 11 2012 18:59 GMT
#214
On January 09 2012 13:47 Kurr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2012 13:42 scarper65 wrote:
What books would you guys recommend for someone new to sci fi/fantasy. I really have enjoyed popular books such as the song of ice and fire, inheritance series, and ender's game


I was never too into fantasy (I've read the first 2 song of fire and ice + ender's game as well but that was pretty much it) and I gave up on the first book of Wheel of Time not even half way through.

I recommend the books from this guy :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.A._Salvatore

The forgotten realms books he writes are straight forward fantasy, pretty short (about 200 pages each). I haven't been able to stop myself from reading them (as I said earlier, 12 books in 2 weeks).


Oh man you stopped Wheel of Time only HALF WAY through The Eye of the World, NOOOOOOOOO! The end of that book is simply stunning, and then the rest of the series is masterfully developed and extremely gratifying to get through, yes they are all upwards of 900 pages but its all solid gold! Can't wait for the wrap-up to the series this year, thank god for Brandon Sanderson and Mrs. Jordan! Going to be the happiest and saddest day of my life when I read the last word of the last page of the last book, I have grown up waiting in between the release of many of these wonderful books, and now its almost over *le nostalgia* :O

Also not a fan of Salvatore, personally I find his books a bit...typical maybe. Idk to each their own!
you can't get mad at basketball cause you think kobe bryant is a horrible person. you don't see basketball forums with "kobe bryant is killing basketball!". it doesn't work like that, how the SC2 community made that connection is beyond me. ~Yoduh
Golden Ghost
Profile Joined February 2003
Netherlands1041 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-11 19:05:01
January 11 2012 19:04 GMT
#215
On January 12 2012 03:58 nubs wrote:
Currently reading:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

How is Quicksilver thus far?
I loved Snow Crash and The Diamond Age from him but somehow I'm a bit apprehensive in reading his Baroque Cycle.
I can't exactly put my finger on the reason but I got a weird vibe reading the jacket and description of the book.
Life is to give and take. You take a vacation and you give to the poor.
HeavenS
Profile Joined August 2004
Colombia2259 Posts
January 11 2012 19:04 GMT
#216
Just finished The Life of Pi by Yan Martell
[image loading]
pretty interesting story about a 16 year old that gets trapped on a lifeboat with a tiger. but its also much more than that. i enjoyed it

currently halfway done with Imajica by Clive Barker
[image loading]
so far its very good, crazy story interwoven in 5 different dimensions, or "dominions" with a very well told narrative. things get weird but it always keeps you guessing. i reached a crazy climax only to realize that im only halfway through the book and had no idea what could possibly happen next. thats always a good tell of a good read. recommend it.

next up i plan on reading The Name Of The Wind just because ive read so many good reviews. Hope it lives up to te fuss. I have a shitton of books in my to-read list. might start Hyperion or the Foundation series, or maybe "rendezvous with rama". I've been getting into sci fi/space operas, theyre very interesting. Already read "a fire upon the sky" and it was fucking amazing. Also, the "old man's war" series is a must have if u like enders game, believe me.
Im cooler than the other side of the pillow.
vZNuKE
Profile Joined August 2011
United States77 Posts
January 11 2012 19:04 GMT
#217
[image loading]
compLexity fanboy!!! Go NaDa, SangHo, Heart, Minigun / Also love fnatic and vile! Especially ToD, aLive, Moon, SyNc, State, DdoRo, and Yong!! TREME and Avenge are my favorite Korean protosses too!
Hubble
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany248 Posts
January 11 2012 19:06 GMT
#218
[image loading]

I'm not finished yet, but I really like it.
I can see what you see not, vision milky then eyes rot. When you turn they will be gone, whispering their hidden song...
GohgamX
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1096 Posts
January 11 2012 19:08 GMT
#219
[image loading]

My best friend got this for me for Christmas. This is also why he is my best friend
Time is a great teacher, unfortunate that it kills all its pupils ...
Nezquik
Profile Joined January 2012
5 Posts
January 11 2012 19:10 GMT
#220
[image loading]
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings112
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft404
ByuN 275
RuFF_SC2 159
ViBE96
CosmosSc2 66
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2326
GuemChi 1284
MaD[AoV]175
Sharp 154
910 65
Bale 21
NaDa 17
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever385
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 592
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1049
Other Games
summit1g8730
JimRising 600
C9.Mang0342
Trikslyr37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick818
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP71
• EnkiAlexander 66
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo554
Other Games
• Shiphtur509
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 13m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 19h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.