• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:03
CEST 21:03
KST 04:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11988 users

2013 - What are you reading? - Page 12

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 58 Next
KayBee
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden156 Posts
January 11 2012 19:14 GMT
#221
[image loading]

This is what I'm reading right now! (and yes, I read this before it was announced to become a movie!)

And when I finished The Hobbit, I thought I would dwell deeper down in the history of the Elder Days, with this book!

[image loading]
#2GDStudio
Ettick
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States2434 Posts
January 11 2012 19:37 GMT
#222
[image loading]
I don't read very often, so I'll still be reading this on and off for a while lol
nubs
Profile Joined September 2010
United States13 Posts
January 11 2012 19:42 GMT
#223
On January 12 2012 04:04 Golden Ghost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2012 03:58 nubs wrote:
Currently reading:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

How is Quicksilver thus far?
I loved Snow Crash and The Diamond Age from him but somehow I'm a bit apprehensive in reading his Baroque Cycle.
I can't exactly put my finger on the reason but I got a weird vibe reading the jacket and description of the book.


I'm only about 50 pages into it, but so far it is neat. I've never had a problem with his long-windedness, so a change to somewhat more historical subjects isn't bothering me. From what I've heard, it will be just as technical as his other books though, so I'm looking forward to that.
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
January 11 2012 19:44 GMT
#224
I was wondering, can someone recommend really quality modern(last 20 years) books?
I mean books that will be considered classics 100 years from now. To give you a better picture some of my fav authors are Dostoevski and Stainbeck.

I last read the Blindness by Saramago.
[image loading]

Very good read.
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-11 19:49:24
January 11 2012 19:46 GMT
#225
just finished Red Rabbit by Tom Clancy.

[image loading]

now i am re-reading Game of Thrones (I read it a long time ago when it was new (insert hipster meme here), but there were only like 2 or 3 books at that point; excited to read some more books, but have to start from the beginning).
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-11 20:39:01
January 11 2012 20:29 GMT
#226
[image loading]

3/4 the way through so far, this book is absolutely genius.


Reading this too, again. [image loading]

On January 03 2012 02:12 TrickyGilligan wrote:
Just read:


I highly recommend this flowchart for any sci-fi/fantasy fans looking for something new to read. Currently at 53/100, my goal is to do all 100 at some point.
[image loading]
NPR's Top 100 Sci-Fi/Fantasy Flowchart


They have Zelazny's Amber, this is a good flowchart.
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
SafeWord
Profile Joined February 2010
United States522 Posts
January 11 2012 21:02 GMT
#227
On January 12 2012 04:10 Nezquik wrote:
[image loading]


I couldnt get into this book at all and I love dan abnett, but I dont like the main character. Maybe if I give it another chance it will grow on me.
Who needs players when you have God?
Robellicose
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England245 Posts
January 11 2012 21:40 GMT
#228
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.

Essentially its everything a gamer could want in a fiction story.
Portentious and Pretentious
Enearde
Profile Joined February 2011
France265 Posts
January 11 2012 21:47 GMT
#229
[image loading]

Got this for Xmas, very good novel, would like to know some spanish
English translation seems alright though.
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
January 11 2012 21:50 GMT
#230
Finishing the third book in the Millenium series, the Girl that Kicked the Hornets Nest. Also will be starting the Hunger Games in so I can enjoy the upcoming movie.
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
hp.Shell
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2527 Posts
January 11 2012 21:57 GMT
#231
Currently reading:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]


Will read next:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Yet to read:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
Please PM me with any songs you like that you think I haven't heard before!
TheAngelofDeath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2033 Posts
January 11 2012 22:09 GMT
#232
Reading the millenium trilogy:

[image loading]
"Infestors are the suck" - LzGamer
clik
Profile Joined May 2010
United States319 Posts
January 11 2012 22:15 GMT
#233
[image loading]
wcLLg
Profile Joined December 2011
United States281 Posts
January 11 2012 22:17 GMT
#234
[image loading]
11110000011111000
WIllBIll
Profile Joined June 2011
590 Posts
January 11 2012 22:30 GMT
#235
[image loading]
Focusing mainly on reading trough this one atm but got these two suckers on the side aswell.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]

miercat
Profile Joined November 2011
394 Posts
January 11 2012 22:35 GMT
#236
On January 01 2012 20:44 Scias wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

also want to catch up with WoT and start GoT series... and read this:[image loading]


What is GoT series?
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
January 11 2012 22:40 GMT
#237
On January 12 2012 04:44 Steveling wrote:
I was wondering, can someone recommend really quality modern(last 20 years) books?
I mean books that will be considered classics 100 years from now. To give you a better picture some of my fav authors are Dostoevski and Stainbeck.


[image loading]

Genesis by Bernard Beckett will blow your mind.

[image loading]

Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky. It's already a classic and an awesome read (the sequel isn't this good).

I really don't read much past sci-fi/fantasy apart from things from my field at the university so you'll have to ask others about other genres.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
miercat
Profile Joined November 2011
394 Posts
January 11 2012 22:42 GMT
#238
On January 01 2012 21:19 weareallclowns wrote:
I personally love this kind of thread. I do think however, that bumping an old thread instead of creating a new one might be more favorable in the eyes of the TL gods, however I will not just be a pain, and actually contribute, with:
[image loading]
I'm at the moment re-reading this. For all of you old school science fiction fans, if you've haven't read this one yet; put it on your list to-read.
Hayden Christensen has been rumoured to play Case in the upcoming movie, though. :/


What is meant by the term "old school science fiction" ?
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
January 11 2012 23:13 GMT
#239
On January 12 2012 07:42 miercat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2012 21:19 weareallclowns wrote:
I personally love this kind of thread. I do think however, that bumping an old thread instead of creating a new one might be more favorable in the eyes of the TL gods, however I will not just be a pain, and actually contribute, with:
[image loading]
I'm at the moment re-reading this. For all of you old school science fiction fans, if you've haven't read this one yet; put it on your list to-read.
Hayden Christensen has been rumoured to play Case in the upcoming movie, though. :/


What is meant by the term "old school science fiction" ?


Yup. 1984 isn't that old school. And Hayden? For real? T_T
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Tufas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Austria2259 Posts
January 11 2012 23:20 GMT
#240
Well okay, so I will split them into have to read for university, voluntarily read for university and read for chill/not university. And my book e-penis is the biggest, so prepare. Seriously. And in case you are asking, I am reading most of them right now. I also have to say that most of the time I do not have to read the entire book (as most of my books include more that one paper or scripture, it may be unfair to list them all but hey, those are the books I am reading in the beginning of 2012.)

read for university
+ Show Spoiler +

Heinrich Dosedla . From Habsburg to Hitler, austria befor the annexation

Naomi Klein - The Shock Doctrine

Marx and Engels Collected Works
Capital I (Nr. 23)
Capital II (Nr. 24)
Letters between the two of them(Not the original title [Nr. 28 - 31])


Thomas Hobbes - Leviathan


voluntarily read for university
+ Show Spoiler +

Walter Euchner - Natural Justice and Politics next to John Locke (No idea if that book has ever been translated into other languages, I couldnt find the english title so I translated it my self. "Naturrecht und Politil bei John Locke" in the original.


Johannes Agnoli - The Transformation of Democracy (his most known book, I want to read more from him later)



read for chill/not university
+ Show Spoiler +

Lorenz Mack - Das Gottlose Dorf; I cant find the english title, translated by Tufas to "the godless village"

Hans Christian Andersen - Diaries

Friedrich Nietzsche; I have a 1358 page long book, bound in velvet which includes most of his work.
The Gay Science (finished 5 days ago)
On Truth and Lies in a Nonmoral Sense (next one, when I have time)
The Antichrist (already finished)
Ecce Homo (2nd one, if I have time)
Thus Spoke Zarathustra (already read part I and II)


Friedrich Schiller - Poems (a book which includes most of his poems, epigrams, parables and riddles - I am reading it whenever I want to read a good poem, so I do not intend to finish this book soon)

Andrew Marr - The Making Of Modern Britain

Books I am going to read once I finished the rest :

Robert A Heinlein - The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Larry Niven - Ringworld

Philip K Dick - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep

Orson Scott Card - Ender's Game

Edit : Oh and every Asimov book. That is going to take a while, if I ever start ...





Should be enough for now ! if you really want to discuss those books, PM me :D
Where is my ACE flair
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1299
TKL 455
IndyStarCraft 285
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1299
ByuN 500
TKL 448
IndyStarCraft 296
Reynor 263
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25279
Calm 2505
Shuttle 358
Mini 175
White-Ra 163
firebathero 88
Mong 52
ZZZero.O 27
scan(afreeca) 25
soO 14
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc10408
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps381
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4070
Liquid`Hasu537
MindelVK8
Other Games
summit1g2392
Liquid`RaSZi2291
fl0m1903
FrodaN1391
B2W.Neo774
olofmeister755
Khaldor438
Beastyqt304
Livibee187
crisheroes177
Mew2King72
ToD52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick536
BasetradeTV190
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
angryscii 11
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 28
• Adnapsc2 12
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach53
• blackmanpl 29
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• 80smullet 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV573
Other Games
• imaqtpie1129
• Shiphtur668
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 57m
Replay Cast
3h 57m
OSC
16h 57m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.