• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:34
CEST 18:34
KST 01:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9479 users

2013 - What are you reading? - Page 10

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 58 Next
Mothra
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States1448 Posts
January 11 2012 06:02 GMT
#181
On January 11 2012 14:56 Joshuawesome wrote:
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky

[image loading]

just read


My favorite book! I'm in the middle of Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott. Nothing about the title or author sound very interesting yet it's a really awesome read, I'm very pleasantly surprised. If you like knights, chivalry, sword fights and damsels, then check it out. It's interesting to see Robin Hood and Friar Tuck represented too, because up to now I've only seen them portrayed in modern Hollywood movies, which are shitty ruiners of all source material no matter how good.
mierin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4943 Posts
January 11 2012 06:07 GMT
#182
Rereading Wheel of Time...haha have reread probably 5x but still my favorite series, no idea why.
JD, Stork, Calm, Hyuk Fighting!
SafeWord
Profile Joined February 2010
United States522 Posts
January 11 2012 06:07 GMT
#183
On January 11 2012 14:45 teknomage wrote:
[image loading]

Trying to get into this series. Having a hard time so far. Just not the type of book I usually read. Not going to give up though. Heard it is good so got to give it a fair chance.




Show nested quote +
On January 10 2012 01:28 sa8095 wrote:
[image loading]

Awesome books with some great characters


I have to agree with this one. Really enjoyed these. The first in "The Lightbringer" series was ok too but can't compare to "The Night Angel" series.


The First book was abit hard for me to get into it, but as you get into the second book it becomes AMAZING. I actually just finished reading the Dark Tower Series last month.

Just Finished: 11/22/63
[image loading]

Reading: Metro 2033 and The Magician
[image loading]
Metro 2033 is just AMAZING.

[image loading]

Next: I don't know yet. If there is any other series as amazing as the Dark Tower series people know, let me know :D
Who needs players when you have God?
iSometric
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
2221 Posts
January 11 2012 06:08 GMT
#184
100 years of Solitude.
strava.com/athletes/zhaodynasty
prOxi.swAMi
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Australia3091 Posts
January 11 2012 06:13 GMT
#185
[image loading]

I'm about 60% of the way through. So far, so good.
Oh no
phathom321
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1730 Posts
January 11 2012 06:21 GMT
#186
Just read -
[image loading]


Currently reading -
[image loading]
I'm reading the newer version because he added a bunch to it.

Next -
[image loading]

"Dying in the line of duty is heroic, but dying while unemployed is just stupid." -L
h0oTiS
Profile Joined January 2011
United States101 Posts
January 11 2012 06:25 GMT
#187
Atlas Shurgged - Ayn Rand, also saw the foreverwar up there. that is hands down the best science fiction novel I have read
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference
Voros
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States222 Posts
January 11 2012 06:35 GMT
#188
For the next couple of weeks, it's

[image loading]

and

[image loading]
pwndevil
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia21 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-11 06:38:42
January 11 2012 06:37 GMT
#189
[image loading]
along with the rest of the books
so, i can put anything here and it'll be my quote?
Lemonwalrus
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States5465 Posts
January 11 2012 06:47 GMT
#190
On January 11 2012 15:07 madmandrit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2012 14:45 teknomage wrote:
[image loading]

Trying to get into this series. Having a hard time so far. Just not the type of book I usually read. Not going to give up though. Heard it is good so got to give it a fair chance.




On January 10 2012 01:28 sa8095 wrote:
[image loading]

Awesome books with some great characters


I have to agree with this one. Really enjoyed these. The first in "The Lightbringer" series was ok too but can't compare to "The Night Angel" series.


The First book was abit hard for me to get into it, but as you get into the second book it becomes AMAZING. I actually just finished reading the Dark Tower Series last month.

Just Finished: 11/22/63

I'm a King fan but I hear that 11/22/63 is a huge departure from his norm...and I'm not sure if it is worth the read. What did you think of it?
EtDecius
Profile Joined February 2011
United States52 Posts
January 11 2012 06:50 GMT
#191
Enjoying it the series so far. This is book two.

[image loading]
Kinetik_Inferno
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1431 Posts
January 11 2012 07:00 GMT
#192
[image loading]

For creationists.
Sawry
Profile Joined January 2012
United States32 Posts
January 11 2012 07:07 GMT
#193
[image loading]

[image loading]

After finishing, I expect I will be reading more by these thinkers in the future.
DoubIe_O
Profile Joined May 2009
Austria234 Posts
January 11 2012 07:10 GMT
#194
Currently reading
[image loading]

Will read when it comes out asap
Blinding Light ( part 2 of the Lightbringer series)
http://www.brentweeks.com/books/the-black-prism-trilogy/the-blinding-knife/
I have read the excerpt and cant wait for the book to be out
"Hence to fight and conquer in all you battles is not considered as surpreme excellence, surpreme excellence consists in breaking the enemies resistance without fighting"; Sun Zu
nanoscorp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1237 Posts
January 11 2012 07:15 GMT
#195
[image loading]
A collection of early works by my favorite author. I'm having some trouble processing "The Labyrinth" but as usual it is giving my imagination a workout. "Yume no Hon: A Book of Dreams" is so good I'm going to read it again. I have it in hardback, but this book is a lot easier to find. I'm looking forward to the other 2 stories as well.
Asturas
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Finland587 Posts
January 11 2012 08:50 GMT
#196
Shamefull but I stopped reading for a while now. Nowadays I only have time to read academic books which I need for my PhD.

But I plan to start Steinbeck's "The Grapes of Wrath".

And I am reading "Information policies and strategies" by Ian Cornelius. Not very fascinating, even for PhD student
There are no boundaries, that's the final conclusion.
Ingwaz
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden70 Posts
January 11 2012 12:44 GMT
#197
[image loading]
Soon finished and then I will read:
[image loading]
or possibly:
[image loading]

I think I find Germany interesting.
Omnibus locis fit caedes
nepeta
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
1872 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-11 13:13:56
January 11 2012 13:13 GMT
#198
On January 11 2012 16:07 Sawry wrote:
...

[image loading]

After finishing, I expect I will be reading more by these thinkers in the future.


Looked it up, seems interesting. How did you like it? Any 'forgotten' insights in it, or has it been overtaken by time?


Reading myself: Ada or ardor, by Nabokov and Mein Kampf by Hitler.

Ada started off nicely, but it seems to evolve into a decadent, typically Russian novel with a twist of paedophilia, incest, and silly word plays. And lepidopterology... (???)

Mein Kampf is the most boring piece of crap I've ever read, but I'm going to finish it just for completeness' sake. Only 400 more pages of long-winded sentences repeating the same old anti-semitic, anti-socialist drivel remaining...

So many writers have had excellent ideas and spoiled them completely by churning out too many pages. Not referring to Hitler here btw, before anyone asks. Elegant designs with which narratives commence seem almost inevitably bound to end in some classical shape, replete with bourgeouis morals and nauseatic style figures. It's almost like music, where songs may have a really nice theme, or intro, or something distinguishing in any fashion, but on the whole get muddled in standard formulae and makes me want to vomit.
Broodwar AI :) http://sscaitournament.com http://www.starcraftai.com/wiki/Main_Page
See.Blue
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2673 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-11 13:20:16
January 11 2012 13:19 GMT
#199
Primarily this:

[image loading]

That said, if there's any free time left this:

[image loading]

The BBC series Sherlock made my day, made me wanna re-read all the originals.
Zazzles
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Slovakia153 Posts
January 11 2012 13:20 GMT
#200
[image loading]
i finished it last week
[image loading]
i am still reading it
"Fortune favors the bold"
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 42
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1131
Mini 949
Shuttle 881
Soma 618
actioN 491
Rush 362
Larva 318
Light 315
BeSt 229
Stork 229
[ Show more ]
Horang2 209
Snow 168
hero 137
firebathero 125
Aegong 73
Barracks 73
Zeus 64
Liquid`Ret 59
Sexy 32
Shinee 30
JYJ 28
Shine 28
ToSsGirL 25
soO 25
Sharp 24
Bale 23
Trap 17
sorry 16
zelot 15
Terrorterran 13
Rock 11
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7929
qojqva2376
Dendi845
420jenkins171
Counter-Strike
fl0m1243
Fnx 766
x6flipin588
pashabiceps371
edward56
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5162
Grubby2492
Liquid`Hasu8
Other Games
singsing1356
B2W.Neo999
byalli450
ceh9375
Beastyqt332
Mlord326
Khaldor229
DeMusliM159
Liquid`VortiX151
ArmadaUGS136
KnowMe136
Trikslyr59
BRAT_OK 47
TKL 28
Railgan9
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV246
BasetradeTV226
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH240
• StrangeGG 67
• mYiSmile131
• Reevou 3
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• blackmanpl 6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV401
League of Legends
• Nemesis2573
• TFBlade802
Other Games
• Shiphtur261
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 26m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 26m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.