• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:20
CEST 21:20
KST 04:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9973 users

Team EG mystery announcement in 1 day 19 hours? - Page 533

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 531 532 533 534 535 650 Next
features
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Ireland160 Posts
August 16 2011 14:06 GMT
#10641
On August 16 2011 23:01 Pandemona wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 22:59 MetalSlug wrote:
i wonder why this will be revield in German/europe primetime and matches the opening of the Gamescom ceremony....


No, gamescon starts 17th August? Today will be the 16th August -_-


Why are you so retarded, a days notice wouldn't be too much to ask if they are doing something at Gamescom.
Conveyor belt star
Yaotzin
Profile Joined August 2010
South Africa4280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 14:06:42
August 16 2011 14:06 GMT
#10642
On August 16 2011 23:04 Grimsong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 22:59 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:57 Grimsong wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:55 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:52 yeint wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:50 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:49 tabbott26 wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:47 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:42 yeint wrote:

I'm pretty sure most salaried EG players make a fuckton more than burger flippers.

But you're presenting a false dichotomy. What if you could make good (enough) money playing competitive SC2? Why does it have to be an either/or?

It's not like I'm saying people get into progaming for the money. They get into it because they love playing. But when making decisions about what team you're going to be playing with, money should definitely be an important factor, since you are spending the best years of your life on this activity.


I think you are overvaluing how much the lower tier players would be making, unless it was sarcasm.


You can get quite a handful by streaming enough...


Yeah but it seemed like he was talking about salary/sponsors etc.


Yes, I was. I'm quite positive that players like Idra and Puma and probably DeMuslim get quite generous salaries from EG, if I were to take a guess, I'd say around 50k a year on average.

Which would be a lot of burger flipping.


I can understand Idra and Puma getting decent salaries (15-30k), but why would DeMuslism be so high? Also, the lower EG players would be nowhere near as close. I still think 50k is a bit high. The EG cs team probably doesn't even make half of that salary, per player.


15-20k isn't decent. 30k is "decent". 40-50k is where an individual would likely want to be who is in the 20-25 age range and doesn't have a family. By "want to be" I mean that as living -very- comfortably alone while having plenty of money to still pay bills and throw around. 20-30k doesn't really cut it.


Most salary pro gamers do not make very much. For most players salary just means monthly income. 15-30k is decent, considering most do not have a lot of bills to pay and/or delay college, etc.


15k is trash per year. What are you going to do with 15k a year? That's roughly 1250 a month. That's definitely not enough to live alone, have a car payment, pay car insurance. pay phone bills, things like that. I can see what you're saying about pro gamers not making very much, but when you take a step back and look at what making 15k a year really means, you can't help but realize why someone would want to jump from a 15k a year salary to a 30-40k a year salary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage_in_the_United_States

Literally millions of people live on *under* 15k a year.

And that's in the world's richest country. Don't even get me started on poor countries.

Some Americans are so goddamn spoiled.
jupidar
Profile Joined December 2010
United States229 Posts
August 16 2011 14:06 GMT
#10643
On August 16 2011 23:04 Grimsong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 22:59 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:57 Grimsong wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:55 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:52 yeint wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:50 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:49 tabbott26 wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:47 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:42 yeint wrote:

I'm pretty sure most salaried EG players make a fuckton more than burger flippers.

But you're presenting a false dichotomy. What if you could make good (enough) money playing competitive SC2? Why does it have to be an either/or?

It's not like I'm saying people get into progaming for the money. They get into it because they love playing. But when making decisions about what team you're going to be playing with, money should definitely be an important factor, since you are spending the best years of your life on this activity.


I think you are overvaluing how much the lower tier players would be making, unless it was sarcasm.


You can get quite a handful by streaming enough...


Yeah but it seemed like he was talking about salary/sponsors etc.


Yes, I was. I'm quite positive that players like Idra and Puma and probably DeMuslim get quite generous salaries from EG, if I were to take a guess, I'd say around 50k a year on average.

Which would be a lot of burger flipping.


I can understand Idra and Puma getting decent salaries (15-30k), but why would DeMuslism be so high? Also, the lower EG players would be nowhere near as close. I still think 50k is a bit high. The EG cs team probably doesn't even make half of that salary, per player.


15-20k isn't decent. 30k is "decent". 40-50k is where an individual would likely want to be who is in the 20-25 age range and doesn't have a family. By "want to be" I mean that as living -very- comfortably alone while having plenty of money to still pay bills and throw around. 20-30k doesn't really cut it.


Most salary pro gamers do not make very much. For most players salary just means monthly income. 15-30k is decent, considering most do not have a lot of bills to pay and/or delay college, etc.


15k is trash per year. What are you going to do with 15k a year? That's roughly 1250 a month. That's definitely not enough to live alone, have a car payment, pay car insurance. pay phone bills, things like that. I can see what you're saying about pro gamers not making very much, but when you take a step back and look at what making 15k a year really means, you can't help but realize why someone would want to jump from a 15k a year salary to a 30-40k a year salary.


Esports. You do what you have to.
Massing
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany354 Posts
August 16 2011 14:06 GMT
#10644
whole eg sc-roster is swapping over to dota2
HEROwithNOlegacy
Profile Joined June 2010
United States850 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 14:07:48
August 16 2011 14:06 GMT
#10645
On August 16 2011 22:42 yeint wrote:


Eg is quite the well off team, i would not say they are as rich as FXO but they are one of the more successful pro games teams in terms of money. They do have quite the amount of case to throw around.
The difference between EG and FXO is EG has been around for over 10 years, started from scratch and built up and gathered sponsors over the course of a decade, where as FXO is new in terms of eSports organizations and brought money to the scene to buy players, rather than a start up.
SlayerS Fighting!
dooge
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany31 Posts
August 16 2011 14:06 GMT
#10646
On August 16 2011 23:03 FreedonNadd wrote:
I prepared my fall-out shelter with popcorn and 3D glasses. I hope the fabrics of space and time can resist this epic EG announcement.


lol :}
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
August 16 2011 14:07 GMT
#10647
On August 16 2011 23:05 Shalaiyn wrote:
Should I edit the OP with the announcement or should a new thread be made for it?



EDIT the OP or you will probably not be the first as i would say about 10 people will try and make a new thread, and loadsa refreshings etc will crash TL (like after TLOpen games it used to crash when everyone went back)
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Lordwar
Profile Joined August 2011
Finland243 Posts
August 16 2011 14:07 GMT
#10648
On August 16 2011 23:04 Grimsong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 22:59 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:57 Grimsong wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:55 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:52 yeint wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:50 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:49 tabbott26 wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:47 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:42 yeint wrote:

I'm pretty sure most salaried EG players make a fuckton more than burger flippers.

But you're presenting a false dichotomy. What if you could make good (enough) money playing competitive SC2? Why does it have to be an either/or?

It's not like I'm saying people get into progaming for the money. They get into it because they love playing. But when making decisions about what team you're going to be playing with, money should definitely be an important factor, since you are spending the best years of your life on this activity.


I think you are overvaluing how much the lower tier players would be making, unless it was sarcasm.


You can get quite a handful by streaming enough...


Yeah but it seemed like he was talking about salary/sponsors etc.


Yes, I was. I'm quite positive that players like Idra and Puma and probably DeMuslim get quite generous salaries from EG, if I were to take a guess, I'd say around 50k a year on average.

Which would be a lot of burger flipping.


I can understand Idra and Puma getting decent salaries (15-30k), but why would DeMuslism be so high? Also, the lower EG players would be nowhere near as close. I still think 50k is a bit high. The EG cs team probably doesn't even make half of that salary, per player.


15-20k isn't decent. 30k is "decent". 40-50k is where an individual would likely want to be who is in the 20-25 age range and doesn't have a family. By "want to be" I mean that as living -very- comfortably alone while having plenty of money to still pay bills and throw around. 20-30k doesn't really cut it.


Most salary pro gamers do not make very much. For most players salary just means monthly income. 15-30k is decent, considering most do not have a lot of bills to pay and/or delay college, etc.


15k is trash per year. What are you going to do with 15k a year? That's roughly 1250 a month. That's definitely not enough to live alone, have a car payment, pay car insurance. pay phone bills, things like that. I can see what you're saying about pro gamers not making very much, but when you take a step back and look at what making 15k a year really means, you can't help but realize why someone would want to jump from a 15k a year salary to a 30-40k a year salary.

Pro gamers who live in training house and play most of the day probably dont have things to pay like you mentioned.
ellirc
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3286 Posts
August 16 2011 14:08 GMT
#10649
On August 16 2011 23:04 Quintum_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 22:59 ellirc wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:57 yeint wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:53 ellirc wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:52 yeint wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:50 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:49 tabbott26 wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:47 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:42 yeint wrote:

I'm pretty sure most salaried EG players make a fuckton more than burger flippers.

But you're presenting a false dichotomy. What if you could make good (enough) money playing competitive SC2? Why does it have to be an either/or?

It's not like I'm saying people get into progaming for the money. They get into it because they love playing. But when making decisions about what team you're going to be playing with, money should definitely be an important factor, since you are spending the best years of your life on this activity.


I think you are overvaluing how much the lower tier players would be making, unless it was sarcasm.


You can get quite a handful by streaming enough...


Yeah but it seemed like he was talking about salary/sponsors etc.

So you actually think EG pays out around 300k a year only in salaries? Add Anna and the house. Add SirScoots. Add plane tickets and hotel rooms. I don't know but I would be VERY surprised if EG actually has that kind of money to spend.
Yes, I was. I'm quite positive that players like Idra and Puma and probably DeMuslim get quite generous salaries from EG, if I were to take a guess, I'd say around 50k a year on average.

Which would be a lot of burger flipping.

50k? No way...


Destiny makes more than that typing /commercial on JTV. Why do you think it's far fetched that sponsors can pony up the same amount to an EG player? Steelseries must be aware that it's much better advertising to have Idra walk around with their logo on his shirt than it is to hope that Destiny's fans aren't going to take piss during the /commercial?

Post got fucked

Anyway, I don't think EG has a million to spend on salaries, house and plane tickets.


Eg is quite the well off team, i would not say they are as rich as FXO but they are one of the more successful pro games teams in terms of money. They do have quite the amount of case to throw around.

I'm aware of that. Still though.... Imagine the expenses they have outside of paying players. But sure, the house could be a sign of how much money they have to work with. It could also mean that they aren't able to pay out big checks to the players because they invest in giving them a place to live and eat instead. I would really love to know more about the economy aspect of SC2 players and teams.
FyyN
Profile Joined May 2011
Austria17 Posts
August 16 2011 14:08 GMT
#10650
On August 16 2011 23:06 Yaotzin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 23:04 Grimsong wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:59 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:57 Grimsong wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:55 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:52 yeint wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:50 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:49 tabbott26 wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:47 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:42 yeint wrote:

I'm pretty sure most salaried EG players make a fuckton more than burger flippers.

But you're presenting a false dichotomy. What if you could make good (enough) money playing competitive SC2? Why does it have to be an either/or?

It's not like I'm saying people get into progaming for the money. They get into it because they love playing. But when making decisions about what team you're going to be playing with, money should definitely be an important factor, since you are spending the best years of your life on this activity.


I think you are overvaluing how much the lower tier players would be making, unless it was sarcasm.


You can get quite a handful by streaming enough...


Yeah but it seemed like he was talking about salary/sponsors etc.


Yes, I was. I'm quite positive that players like Idra and Puma and probably DeMuslim get quite generous salaries from EG, if I were to take a guess, I'd say around 50k a year on average.

Which would be a lot of burger flipping.


I can understand Idra and Puma getting decent salaries (15-30k), but why would DeMuslism be so high? Also, the lower EG players would be nowhere near as close. I still think 50k is a bit high. The EG cs team probably doesn't even make half of that salary, per player.


15-20k isn't decent. 30k is "decent". 40-50k is where an individual would likely want to be who is in the 20-25 age range and doesn't have a family. By "want to be" I mean that as living -very- comfortably alone while having plenty of money to still pay bills and throw around. 20-30k doesn't really cut it.


Most salary pro gamers do not make very much. For most players salary just means monthly income. 15-30k is decent, considering most do not have a lot of bills to pay and/or delay college, etc.


15k is trash per year. What are you going to do with 15k a year? That's roughly 1250 a month. That's definitely not enough to live alone, have a car payment, pay car insurance. pay phone bills, things like that. I can see what you're saying about pro gamers not making very much, but when you take a step back and look at what making 15k a year really means, you can't help but realize why someone would want to jump from a 15k a year salary to a 30-40k a year salary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage_in_the_United_States

Literally millions of people live on *under* 15k a year.

And that's in the world's richest country. Don't even get me started on poor countries.

Some Americans are so goddamn spoiled.


USA the world's richest Country? I don't think so...
babybell
Profile Joined June 2011
776 Posts
August 16 2011 14:08 GMT
#10651
On August 16 2011 23:05 Lordwar wrote:
15-20k year is fucking alot of money for 20-25year old with no responsibilities or family to feed.

That is 100% true. Any 20-25year old with no responsibilities or family to feed can make a living with 15-20k dollars a year IN FRICKIN NIGERIA. Try that in the US and you will be off to flippin burgers in no time.
MadMockers
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia11 Posts
August 16 2011 14:08 GMT
#10652
On August 16 2011 23:06 Yaotzin wrote:
And that's in the world's richest country.


Yes. If you take away the minus sign.
NecrosTheSecond
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark116 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 14:09:13
August 16 2011 14:08 GMT
#10653
Response told me over skype that he "heard through the grapevine" that HuK is joining EG.
"Guaranteed money is guaranteed money, get it while you can".
Other part of the announcement he said would be a torunament of some sort... not sure if that was a guess or knowledge.
Pie.
MrMotionPicture
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4327 Posts
August 16 2011 14:08 GMT
#10654
On August 16 2011 23:05 Shalaiyn wrote:
Should I edit the OP with the announcement or should a new thread be made for it?

just update the OP once the word is out.
"Elvis Presley" | Ret was looking at my post in the GSL video by Artosis. | MMA told me I look like Juanfran while we shared an elevator with Scarlett
Femari
Profile Joined June 2011
United States2900 Posts
August 16 2011 14:08 GMT
#10655
On August 16 2011 23:05 Lordwar wrote:
15-20k year is fucking alot of money for 20-25year old with no responsibilities or family to feed.

LOL NO

You don't realize how expensive life is.
Mvp | BoxeR | MarineKing | MC | viOlet | Scarlett | Flash | Bisu | XellOs | Sea | Fantasy | By.Sun
Lordwar
Profile Joined August 2011
Finland243 Posts
August 16 2011 14:09 GMT
#10656
15k per year is alot of money for playing starcraft all day long in training house. Get real guys
Zalitara
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway361 Posts
August 16 2011 14:09 GMT
#10657
On August 16 2011 22:59 jupidar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 22:57 Grimsong wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:55 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:52 yeint wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:50 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:49 tabbott26 wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:47 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:42 yeint wrote:

I'm pretty sure most salaried EG players make a fuckton more than burger flippers.

But you're presenting a false dichotomy. What if you could make good (enough) money playing competitive SC2? Why does it have to be an either/or?

It's not like I'm saying people get into progaming for the money. They get into it because they love playing. But when making decisions about what team you're going to be playing with, money should definitely be an important factor, since you are spending the best years of your life on this activity.


I think you are overvaluing how much the lower tier players would be making, unless it was sarcasm.


You can get quite a handful by streaming enough...


Yeah but it seemed like he was talking about salary/sponsors etc.


Yes, I was. I'm quite positive that players like Idra and Puma and probably DeMuslim get quite generous salaries from EG, if I were to take a guess, I'd say around 50k a year on average.

Which would be a lot of burger flipping.


I can understand Idra and Puma getting decent salaries (15-30k), but why would DeMuslism be so high? Also, the lower EG players would be nowhere near as close. I still think 50k is a bit high. The EG cs team probably doesn't even make half of that salary, per player.


15-20k isn't decent. 30k is "decent". 40-50k is where an individual would likely want to be who is in the 20-25 age range and doesn't have a family. By "want to be" I mean that as living -very- comfortably alone while having plenty of money to still pay bills and throw around. 20-30k doesn't really cut it.


Most salary pro gamers do not make very much. For most players salary just means monthly income. 15-30k is decent, considering most do not have a lot of bills to pay and/or delay college, etc.
Progamers can make a shitton of money if they find the right team and are good enough. Meet Your Makers used to pay Moon like $7000 a month for a period of time which amounts to $84000 a year. I guess that was pretty extreme though.
Live to win
Grimsong
Profile Joined August 2010
United States252 Posts
August 16 2011 14:09 GMT
#10658
On August 16 2011 23:08 Femari wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 23:05 Lordwar wrote:
15-20k year is fucking alot of money for 20-25year old with no responsibilities or family to feed.

LOL NO

You don't realize how expensive life is.


Right? People saying 15-20k per year is a lot of money... lol... come on. We aren't 15 here.
Yaotzin
Profile Joined August 2010
South Africa4280 Posts
August 16 2011 14:09 GMT
#10659
On August 16 2011 23:08 FyyN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 23:06 Yaotzin wrote:
On August 16 2011 23:04 Grimsong wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:59 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:57 Grimsong wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:55 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:52 yeint wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:50 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:49 tabbott26 wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:47 jupidar wrote:
[quote]

I think you are overvaluing how much the lower tier players would be making, unless it was sarcasm.


You can get quite a handful by streaming enough...


Yeah but it seemed like he was talking about salary/sponsors etc.


Yes, I was. I'm quite positive that players like Idra and Puma and probably DeMuslim get quite generous salaries from EG, if I were to take a guess, I'd say around 50k a year on average.

Which would be a lot of burger flipping.


I can understand Idra and Puma getting decent salaries (15-30k), but why would DeMuslism be so high? Also, the lower EG players would be nowhere near as close. I still think 50k is a bit high. The EG cs team probably doesn't even make half of that salary, per player.


15-20k isn't decent. 30k is "decent". 40-50k is where an individual would likely want to be who is in the 20-25 age range and doesn't have a family. By "want to be" I mean that as living -very- comfortably alone while having plenty of money to still pay bills and throw around. 20-30k doesn't really cut it.


Most salary pro gamers do not make very much. For most players salary just means monthly income. 15-30k is decent, considering most do not have a lot of bills to pay and/or delay college, etc.


15k is trash per year. What are you going to do with 15k a year? That's roughly 1250 a month. That's definitely not enough to live alone, have a car payment, pay car insurance. pay phone bills, things like that. I can see what you're saying about pro gamers not making very much, but when you take a step back and look at what making 15k a year really means, you can't help but realize why someone would want to jump from a 15k a year salary to a 30-40k a year salary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_wage_in_the_United_States

Literally millions of people live on *under* 15k a year.

And that's in the world's richest country. Don't even get me started on poor countries.

Some Americans are so goddamn spoiled.


USA the world's richest Country? I don't think so...

? Of course they are, by a large distance.
KroN
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany438 Posts
August 16 2011 14:09 GMT
#10660
On August 16 2011 23:05 Lordwar wrote:
15-20k year is fucking alot of money for 20-25year old with no responsibilities or family to feed.


if you have to pay rent, a car, food, general bills - no

if you get provided with a house and get food and can spend everything for some shit - its okay
Prev 1 531 532 533 534 535 650 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O48
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 256
BRAT_OK 94
JuggernautJason90
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 900
Shuttle 571
Zeus 94
ZZZero.O 48
soO 45
Hyun 45
ToSsGirL 30
scan(afreeca) 25
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
qojqva2151
canceldota28
Counter-Strike
fl0m4862
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3742
Liquid`Hasu624
Other Games
FrodaN867
KnowMe402
420jenkins331
Livibee172
Pyrionflax161
ToD108
QueenE66
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick723
StarCraft 2
angryscii 36
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 80
• 3DClanTV 52
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach103
• 80smullet 19
• blackmanpl 2
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 2385
Other Games
• imaqtpie774
• Shiphtur610
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 40m
Patches Events
19h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 40m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.