• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:19
CEST 21:19
KST 04:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9904 users

Team EG mystery announcement in 1 day 19 hours? - Page 531

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 529 530 531 532 533 650 Next
iRon aka bananajuice
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany124 Posts
August 16 2011 13:55 GMT
#10601
maybe they exchange idra with huk eghuk and liquididra
so idra can go back to korea and train in the ogstl house!!!!!
MKP|MMA|NesTea|Leenock|MC|Stephano|Naama|DongRaeGu|Socke
Deshkar
Profile Joined June 2011
Singapore1244 Posts
August 16 2011 13:55 GMT
#10602
I just wonder if the actual stuff can live up to the hype.
babybell
Profile Joined June 2011
776 Posts
August 16 2011 13:55 GMT
#10603
On August 16 2011 22:54 yeint wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 22:53 Benga wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:45 ReturnStroke wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:44 Benga wrote:
If id war Sirscoots i would sack everyone except maybe idra their roster is utter mediocre.
I cant believe they get paid


Their players are very popular and thus good advertising. (and they have good players)


other than their recent signing Puma and Idra there arent good players.
(P)iNcontroL[/tlpd](Z)Machine(Z)LzGaMeR what an impressing line up


Do you not understand the difference between the words "popular" and "good"?

I think he does. These three players are pretty terrible.
eddytlaw
Profile Joined November 2010
United States102 Posts
August 16 2011 13:56 GMT
#10604
On August 16 2011 22:53 Benga wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 22:45 ReturnStroke wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:44 Benga wrote:
If id war Sirscoots i would sack everyone except maybe idra their roster is utter mediocre.
I cant believe they get paid


Their players are very popular and thus good advertising. (and they have good players)


other than their recent signing Puma and Idra there arent good players.
(P)iNcontroL[/tlpd](Z)Machine(Z)LzGaMeR what an impressing line up Incontrol having 39%,others are somewhere 40.


I agree EG doesn't have a good lineup at all.. Eg strifeco is somewhat decent. Better than machine imo. Hopefull they pickup someone great.
I fantasized about this back in Chicago.
FreedonNadd
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria573 Posts
August 16 2011 13:56 GMT
#10605
On August 16 2011 22:52 yeint wrote:

Yes, I was. I'm quite positive that players like Idra and Puma and probably DeMuslim get quite generous salaries from EG, if I were to take a guess, I'd say around 50k a year on average.



I hope that progamers get more then 50k dollars a year salary. I would pay them around 70k to 100k a year.
Some people wear Superman pajamas, but Superman has Day[9] pajamas.
Tantaburs
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1825 Posts
August 16 2011 13:56 GMT
#10606
On August 16 2011 22:53 ellirc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 22:52 yeint wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:50 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:49 tabbott26 wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:47 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:42 yeint wrote:

I'm pretty sure most salaried EG players make a fuckton more than burger flippers.

But you're presenting a false dichotomy. What if you could make good (enough) money playing competitive SC2? Why does it have to be an either/or?

It's not like I'm saying people get into progaming for the money. They get into it because they love playing. But when making decisions about what team you're going to be playing with, money should definitely be an important factor, since you are spending the best years of your life on this activity.


I think you are overvaluing how much the lower tier players would be making, unless it was sarcasm.


You can get quite a handful by streaming enough...


Yeah but it seemed like he was talking about salary/sponsors etc.


Yes, I was. I'm quite positive that players like Idra and Puma and probably DeMuslim get quite generous salaries from EG, if I were to take a guess, I'd say around 50k a year on average.

Which would be a lot of burger flipping.

50k? No way...


Idra has stated that he could live comfortably just off his EG salary. 50k doesn't seem to farfetched. EG has alot of money and alot of sponsors
"One cannot play StarCraft with clenched fish.." ~Nick "Confucius" Plott
features
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Ireland160 Posts
August 16 2011 13:56 GMT
#10607
This announcement is lining up quite well with the Gamescom convention..... maybe there's some sort of connection?
Conveyor belt star
yeint
Profile Joined May 2011
Estonia2329 Posts
August 16 2011 13:57 GMT
#10608
On August 16 2011 22:53 ellirc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 22:52 yeint wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:50 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:49 tabbott26 wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:47 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:42 yeint wrote:

I'm pretty sure most salaried EG players make a fuckton more than burger flippers.

But you're presenting a false dichotomy. What if you could make good (enough) money playing competitive SC2? Why does it have to be an either/or?

It's not like I'm saying people get into progaming for the money. They get into it because they love playing. But when making decisions about what team you're going to be playing with, money should definitely be an important factor, since you are spending the best years of your life on this activity.


I think you are overvaluing how much the lower tier players would be making, unless it was sarcasm.


You can get quite a handful by streaming enough...


Yeah but it seemed like he was talking about salary/sponsors etc.


Yes, I was. I'm quite positive that players like Idra and Puma and probably DeMuslim get quite generous salaries from EG, if I were to take a guess, I'd say around 50k a year on average.

Which would be a lot of burger flipping.

50k? No way...


Destiny makes more than that typing /commercial on JTV. Why do you think it's far fetched that sponsors can pony up the same amount to an EG player? Steelseries must be aware that it's much better advertising to have Idra walk around with their logo on his shirt than it is to hope that Destiny's fans aren't going to take piss during the /commercial?
Not supporting teams who take robber baron money.
Revelatus
Profile Joined July 2011
United States183 Posts
August 16 2011 13:57 GMT
#10609
I'm trying to keep up but in the time it takes me to read 3 posts 30 more pop up XD

+ Show Spoiler +
I may or may not be exaggerating slightly.
caяp diєм
Grimsong
Profile Joined August 2010
United States252 Posts
August 16 2011 13:57 GMT
#10610
On August 16 2011 22:55 jupidar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 22:52 yeint wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:50 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:49 tabbott26 wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:47 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:42 yeint wrote:

I'm pretty sure most salaried EG players make a fuckton more than burger flippers.

But you're presenting a false dichotomy. What if you could make good (enough) money playing competitive SC2? Why does it have to be an either/or?

It's not like I'm saying people get into progaming for the money. They get into it because they love playing. But when making decisions about what team you're going to be playing with, money should definitely be an important factor, since you are spending the best years of your life on this activity.


I think you are overvaluing how much the lower tier players would be making, unless it was sarcasm.


You can get quite a handful by streaming enough...


Yeah but it seemed like he was talking about salary/sponsors etc.


Yes, I was. I'm quite positive that players like Idra and Puma and probably DeMuslim get quite generous salaries from EG, if I were to take a guess, I'd say around 50k a year on average.

Which would be a lot of burger flipping.


I can understand Idra and Puma getting decent salaries (15-30k), but why would DeMuslism be so high? Also, the lower EG players would be nowhere near as close. I still think 50k is a bit high. The EG cs team probably doesn't even make half of that salary, per player.


15-20k isn't decent. 30k is "decent". 40-50k is where an individual would likely want to be who is in the 20-25 age range and doesn't have a family. By "want to be" I mean that as living -very- comfortably alone while having plenty of money to still pay bills and throw around. 20-30k doesn't really cut it.
Ranti
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland24 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 13:57:59
August 16 2011 13:57 GMT
#10611
TL and EG are merging to Morph TELG:
Team Evil-Liquid Geniuses
TELGI HuK
TELG| ]IdrA

Boxer|Huk|Thorzain|MMA|Fantasy
r3SpaVVn
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany109 Posts
August 16 2011 13:57 GMT
#10612
I highly doubt IdrA will go back to Korea, because his Code S spot is gone and he said he would only return if he got his Code S spot back, but that would mean that GOM had to kick one player out.
Rustug
Profile Joined October 2010
1488 Posts
August 16 2011 13:58 GMT
#10613
I'm still not convinced on the HuK leaving theory as being the MAIN event. HuK is a great player and any organization would be better with having him on their roster. But with the amount of hype that EG is trying to create a single player switching teams would be underwhelming.
It has to be BIGGER, else I would feel a bit disappointed at the BIG reveal.

But I'm loving the HYPE campaign thus-far, so keep it up EG & friends.
Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not. 파이팅! ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ"
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
August 16 2011 13:58 GMT
#10614
On August 16 2011 22:53 Phayze wrote:
Idra got his girlfriend pregnant and is quitting pro gaming?


I'm pretty sure that IdrA's spermatozoa would leave the game early at the first sign of trouble.

User was warned for this post
Taf the Ghost
Profile Joined December 2010
United States11751 Posts
August 16 2011 13:58 GMT
#10615
On August 16 2011 22:56 Tantaburs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 22:53 ellirc wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:52 yeint wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:50 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:49 tabbott26 wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:47 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:42 yeint wrote:

I'm pretty sure most salaried EG players make a fuckton more than burger flippers.

But you're presenting a false dichotomy. What if you could make good (enough) money playing competitive SC2? Why does it have to be an either/or?

It's not like I'm saying people get into progaming for the money. They get into it because they love playing. But when making decisions about what team you're going to be playing with, money should definitely be an important factor, since you are spending the best years of your life on this activity.


I think you are overvaluing how much the lower tier players would be making, unless it was sarcasm.


You can get quite a handful by streaming enough...


Yeah but it seemed like he was talking about salary/sponsors etc.


Yes, I was. I'm quite positive that players like Idra and Puma and probably DeMuslim get quite generous salaries from EG, if I were to take a guess, I'd say around 50k a year on average.

Which would be a lot of burger flipping.

50k? No way...


Idra has stated that he could live comfortably just off his EG salary. 50k doesn't seem to farfetched. EG has alot of money and alot of sponsors


The rumor is Idra has the highest salary of any progamer and it's around 60k. I.e. higher than about the monthly revenue of most Korean SC2 teams.
striderxxx
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada443 Posts
August 16 2011 13:58 GMT
#10616
so what's the 4th audio clip the site about?
yeint
Profile Joined May 2011
Estonia2329 Posts
August 16 2011 13:59 GMT
#10617
On August 16 2011 22:55 Grimsong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 22:54 yeint wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:53 Benga wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:45 ReturnStroke wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:44 Benga wrote:
If id war Sirscoots i would sack everyone except maybe idra their roster is utter mediocre.
I cant believe they get paid


Their players are very popular and thus good advertising. (and they have good players)


other than their recent signing Puma and Idra there arent good players.
(P)iNcontroL[/tlpd](Z)Machine(Z)LzGaMeR what an impressing line up


Do you not understand the difference between the words "popular" and "good"?


Are you being subjective? Those three players are definitely good, probably far better than 90% of the people potsing things like this will ever be. Compared to the -worlds- best? Maybe not as good. But still very good SC2 players.


No, I'm being entirely objective. We're talking about players who are POPULAR getting SPONSORS.

The fact that you think they have shitty tournament results doesn't mean a damn thing. Destiny is massively popular and hasn't won a damn thing. To a sponsor, Destiny is about 50 times more valuable than someone like Jinro who's had great showings but isn't a big personality.
Not supporting teams who take robber baron money.
ellirc
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3286 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 14:00:45
August 16 2011 13:59 GMT
#10618
On August 16 2011 22:57 yeint wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 22:53 ellirc wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:52 yeint wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:50 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:49 tabbott26 wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:47 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:42 yeint wrote:

I'm pretty sure most salaried EG players make a fuckton more than burger flippers.

But you're presenting a false dichotomy. What if you could make good (enough) money playing competitive SC2? Why does it have to be an either/or?

It's not like I'm saying people get into progaming for the money. They get into it because they love playing. But when making decisions about what team you're going to be playing with, money should definitely be an important factor, since you are spending the best years of your life on this activity.


I think you are overvaluing how much the lower tier players would be making, unless it was sarcasm.


You can get quite a handful by streaming enough...


Yeah but it seemed like he was talking about salary/sponsors etc.

So you actually think EG pays out around 300k a year only in salaries? Add Anna and the house. Add SirScoots. Add plane tickets and hotel rooms. I don't know but I would be VERY surprised if EG actually has that kind of money to spend.
Yes, I was. I'm quite positive that players like Idra and Puma and probably DeMuslim get quite generous salaries from EG, if I were to take a guess, I'd say around 50k a year on average.

Which would be a lot of burger flipping.

50k? No way...


Destiny makes more than that typing /commercial on JTV. Why do you think it's far fetched that sponsors can pony up the same amount to an EG player? Steelseries must be aware that it's much better advertising to have Idra walk around with their logo on his shirt than it is to hope that Destiny's fans aren't going to take piss during the /commercial?

Post got fucked

Anyway, I don't think EG has a million to spend on salaries, house and plane tickets.
MetalSlug
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany443 Posts
August 16 2011 13:59 GMT
#10619
i wonder why this will be revield in German/europe primetime and matches the opening of the Gamescom ceremony....
MKP | Maru | Nada | Boxer | Supernova | Keen
jupidar
Profile Joined December 2010
United States229 Posts
August 16 2011 13:59 GMT
#10620
On August 16 2011 22:57 Grimsong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 22:55 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:52 yeint wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:50 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:49 tabbott26 wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:47 jupidar wrote:
On August 16 2011 22:42 yeint wrote:

I'm pretty sure most salaried EG players make a fuckton more than burger flippers.

But you're presenting a false dichotomy. What if you could make good (enough) money playing competitive SC2? Why does it have to be an either/or?

It's not like I'm saying people get into progaming for the money. They get into it because they love playing. But when making decisions about what team you're going to be playing with, money should definitely be an important factor, since you are spending the best years of your life on this activity.


I think you are overvaluing how much the lower tier players would be making, unless it was sarcasm.


You can get quite a handful by streaming enough...


Yeah but it seemed like he was talking about salary/sponsors etc.


Yes, I was. I'm quite positive that players like Idra and Puma and probably DeMuslim get quite generous salaries from EG, if I were to take a guess, I'd say around 50k a year on average.

Which would be a lot of burger flipping.


I can understand Idra and Puma getting decent salaries (15-30k), but why would DeMuslism be so high? Also, the lower EG players would be nowhere near as close. I still think 50k is a bit high. The EG cs team probably doesn't even make half of that salary, per player.


15-20k isn't decent. 30k is "decent". 40-50k is where an individual would likely want to be who is in the 20-25 age range and doesn't have a family. By "want to be" I mean that as living -very- comfortably alone while having plenty of money to still pay bills and throw around. 20-30k doesn't really cut it.


Most salary pro gamers do not make very much. For most players salary just means monthly income. 15-30k is decent, considering most do not have a lot of bills to pay and/or delay college, etc.
Prev 1 529 530 531 532 533 650 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O48
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 256
BRAT_OK 95
JuggernautJason84
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 900
Shuttle 571
Zeus 94
ZZZero.O 48
soO 45
Hyun 45
ToSsGirL 30
scan(afreeca) 25
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
qojqva2257
canceldota28
Counter-Strike
fl0m5524
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3623
Liquid`Hasu532
Other Games
FrodaN853
KnowMe467
420jenkins390
Livibee174
Pyrionflax172
ToD83
QueenE67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick675
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 81
• 3DClanTV 56
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach111
• 80smullet 19
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1904
Other Games
• imaqtpie753
• Shiphtur638
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 42m
Patches Events
19h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 42m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 42m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.