• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:40
CEST 05:40
KST 12:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7083 users

Battle.Net Status, US: UP EU: UP - Page 42

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 293 Next
FeLonius
Profile Joined April 2010
61 Posts
May 22 2010 01:03 GMT
#821
On May 22 2010 10:01 guitarizt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 22 2010 09:33 Necrosjef wrote:
On May 22 2010 09:29 Williowa wrote:
so they reset the ladder to start all over with a new system, and change the names a little so all the platinum players who would no longer be platinum won't rage quit because they are now gold?

Aether might be right though, I suppose I can't criticize changing the names from two crappy metals that look similar into one crappy metal, then instead of having your top tier be a metal, be an entire other substance/theme. I can buy that, platinum is very skilled players, diamond is, you are/should be a pro gamer.


I wonder if you will be able to get into Diamond via placement games or if it will require like a minimum amount of games to be placed in it. Like 2k+ platinum?


They said you can't get into diamond from placement matches. Also I think I like the new rating system starting at 0. I know it doesn't matter much but it'll feel like I'm leveling up. Maybe the rating thing will start to catch on now instead of people posting that they're #1 in their garbage division.

It never quite made sense that 1000 was 'even'. I wonder how demotions will work now; will you be able to go negative?
huh?
Kruxxen
Profile Joined April 2010
United States149 Posts
May 22 2010 01:10 GMT
#822
If you haven't been watching the forum, you are likely wondering what is taking so long. Since I'm not currently under NDA (*hint* *hint*, Blizzard...), I think I'll let you know what is going on.

So far, the database wipe has completed and the patch has been released (and is downloadable). At the moment, the server is currently in Maintenance Mode and is being tested by a large staff of Blizzard employees. Additionally, just like when the beta started, they are also giving the press a sneak peak. Hopefully the server will be public in the next few hours, but I've been unable to confirm this with anyone at Blizzard.

I hope this helps you better understand the reason for this long maintenance window.


From Maged at the Battle.net forums, most recent news I can find.
epsiSlow
Profile Joined May 2010
Romania19 Posts
May 22 2010 01:11 GMT
#823
@beetlelisk: I get the same text like ya.

I was almost ready to delete all and reinstall.. thank you for the question
Live long and prosper!
Adonai
Profile Joined May 2010
United States44 Posts
May 22 2010 01:11 GMT
#824
On May 22 2010 10:03 FeLonius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 22 2010 10:01 guitarizt wrote:
On May 22 2010 09:33 Necrosjef wrote:
On May 22 2010 09:29 Williowa wrote:
so they reset the ladder to start all over with a new system, and change the names a little so all the platinum players who would no longer be platinum won't rage quit because they are now gold?

Aether might be right though, I suppose I can't criticize changing the names from two crappy metals that look similar into one crappy metal, then instead of having your top tier be a metal, be an entire other substance/theme. I can buy that, platinum is very skilled players, diamond is, you are/should be a pro gamer.


I wonder if you will be able to get into Diamond via placement games or if it will require like a minimum amount of games to be placed in it. Like 2k+ platinum?


They said you can't get into diamond from placement matches. Also I think I like the new rating system starting at 0. I know it doesn't matter much but it'll feel like I'm leveling up. Maybe the rating thing will start to catch on now instead of people posting that they're #1 in their garbage division.

It never quite made sense that 1000 was 'even'. I wonder how demotions will work now; will you be able to go negative?


A blue posted in the Beta forums that you cannot go into the Negative, if you consistently lose you'll just stay at zero
Dream but don't sleep
Baxer
Profile Joined April 2010
United States13 Posts
May 22 2010 01:12 GMT
#825
On May 22 2010 10:03 FeLonius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 22 2010 10:01 guitarizt wrote:
On May 22 2010 09:33 Necrosjef wrote:
On May 22 2010 09:29 Williowa wrote:
so they reset the ladder to start all over with a new system, and change the names a little so all the platinum players who would no longer be platinum won't rage quit because they are now gold?

Aether might be right though, I suppose I can't criticize changing the names from two crappy metals that look similar into one crappy metal, then instead of having your top tier be a metal, be an entire other substance/theme. I can buy that, platinum is very skilled players, diamond is, you are/should be a pro gamer.


I wonder if you will be able to get into Diamond via placement games or if it will require like a minimum amount of games to be placed in it. Like 2k+ platinum?


They said you can't get into diamond from placement matches. Also I think I like the new rating system starting at 0. I know it doesn't matter much but it'll feel like I'm leveling up. Maybe the rating thing will start to catch on now instead of people posting that they're #1 in their garbage division.

It never quite made sense that 1000 was 'even'. I wonder how demotions will work now; will you be able to go negative?

If its anything like world of warcraft arena no you wont get negative points. As you work your way up the ladder you wont lose any points until you hit around 1300-1400 (if using same WoW formula).
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
May 22 2010 01:14 GMT
#826
On May 22 2010 10:12 Baxer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 22 2010 10:03 FeLonius wrote:
On May 22 2010 10:01 guitarizt wrote:
On May 22 2010 09:33 Necrosjef wrote:
On May 22 2010 09:29 Williowa wrote:
so they reset the ladder to start all over with a new system, and change the names a little so all the platinum players who would no longer be platinum won't rage quit because they are now gold?

Aether might be right though, I suppose I can't criticize changing the names from two crappy metals that look similar into one crappy metal, then instead of having your top tier be a metal, be an entire other substance/theme. I can buy that, platinum is very skilled players, diamond is, you are/should be a pro gamer.


I wonder if you will be able to get into Diamond via placement games or if it will require like a minimum amount of games to be placed in it. Like 2k+ platinum?


They said you can't get into diamond from placement matches. Also I think I like the new rating system starting at 0. I know it doesn't matter much but it'll feel like I'm leveling up. Maybe the rating thing will start to catch on now instead of people posting that they're #1 in their garbage division.

It never quite made sense that 1000 was 'even'. I wonder how demotions will work now; will you be able to go negative?

If its anything like world of warcraft arena no you wont get negative points. As you work your way up the ladder you wont lose any points until you hit around 1300-1400 (if using same WoW formula).


silly should be straight ELO like chess with one division it would be amazing
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
Tinithor
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1552 Posts
May 22 2010 01:20 GMT
#827
On May 22 2010 10:14 jamesr12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 22 2010 10:12 Baxer wrote:
On May 22 2010 10:03 FeLonius wrote:
On May 22 2010 10:01 guitarizt wrote:
On May 22 2010 09:33 Necrosjef wrote:
On May 22 2010 09:29 Williowa wrote:
so they reset the ladder to start all over with a new system, and change the names a little so all the platinum players who would no longer be platinum won't rage quit because they are now gold?

Aether might be right though, I suppose I can't criticize changing the names from two crappy metals that look similar into one crappy metal, then instead of having your top tier be a metal, be an entire other substance/theme. I can buy that, platinum is very skilled players, diamond is, you are/should be a pro gamer.


I wonder if you will be able to get into Diamond via placement games or if it will require like a minimum amount of games to be placed in it. Like 2k+ platinum?


They said you can't get into diamond from placement matches. Also I think I like the new rating system starting at 0. I know it doesn't matter much but it'll feel like I'm leveling up. Maybe the rating thing will start to catch on now instead of people posting that they're #1 in their garbage division.

It never quite made sense that 1000 was 'even'. I wonder how demotions will work now; will you be able to go negative?

If its anything like world of warcraft arena no you wont get negative points. As you work your way up the ladder you wont lose any points until you hit around 1300-1400 (if using same WoW formula).


silly should be straight ELO like chess with one division it would be amazing


To the vast vast vast majority of the people who will be playing this type of ranking would have little to no meaning or feeling of accomplishment to them. Hence why i can see why blizzard did the type of ranking they did. I just wish they would make bigger divisions.
"Oh-My-GOD" ... "Is many mutas, Yes?"
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
May 22 2010 01:25 GMT
#828
And to think....In about a week, we're gonna have days like this for an entire month!!
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
Tozar
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States245 Posts
May 22 2010 01:28 GMT
#829
Battle.net in the US is UP!
h2
Profile Joined May 2010
United States12 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-22 01:35:30
May 22 2010 01:28 GMT
#830
Server is live now. When I log in and create a new character, it says "[PH Expires]: June 21, 1:27 AM." Playtime expires June 21st, that's not May 31st, how odd.

No new achievements or rewards tied to 3v3 or 4v4, unless it's squirreled away as feats of strength, for some reason but that seems unlikely.
zak
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)1009 Posts
May 22 2010 01:29 GMT
#831
On May 22 2010 10:25 Warrior Madness wrote:
And to think....In about a week, we're gonna have days like this for an entire month!!



lol so true
You know how to gain a victory, but not use it - maharbal
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
May 22 2010 01:29 GMT
#832
On May 22 2010 10:20 Tinithor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 22 2010 10:14 jamesr12 wrote:
On May 22 2010 10:12 Baxer wrote:
On May 22 2010 10:03 FeLonius wrote:
On May 22 2010 10:01 guitarizt wrote:
On May 22 2010 09:33 Necrosjef wrote:
On May 22 2010 09:29 Williowa wrote:
so they reset the ladder to start all over with a new system, and change the names a little so all the platinum players who would no longer be platinum won't rage quit because they are now gold?

Aether might be right though, I suppose I can't criticize changing the names from two crappy metals that look similar into one crappy metal, then instead of having your top tier be a metal, be an entire other substance/theme. I can buy that, platinum is very skilled players, diamond is, you are/should be a pro gamer.


I wonder if you will be able to get into Diamond via placement games or if it will require like a minimum amount of games to be placed in it. Like 2k+ platinum?


They said you can't get into diamond from placement matches. Also I think I like the new rating system starting at 0. I know it doesn't matter much but it'll feel like I'm leveling up. Maybe the rating thing will start to catch on now instead of people posting that they're #1 in their garbage division.

It never quite made sense that 1000 was 'even'. I wonder how demotions will work now; will you be able to go negative?

If its anything like world of warcraft arena no you wont get negative points. As you work your way up the ladder you wont lose any points until you hit around 1300-1400 (if using same WoW formula).


silly should be straight ELO like chess with one division it would be amazing


To the vast vast vast majority of the people who will be playing this type of ranking would have little to no meaning or feeling of accomplishment to them. Hence why i can see why blizzard did the type of ranking they did. I just wish they would make bigger divisions.


Sure they could like in chess if your certian ranking your an average club player, an advanced club player and so on, there are still things to strive for
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
MrStorkie
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom697 Posts
May 22 2010 01:29 GMT
#833
orb sounds so excited when the server came back up!
1a2a3a4z5z6d7d8d9p0p
cloudJR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States266 Posts
May 22 2010 01:29 GMT
#834
It's up!!!!!
All I can hear are thousands of children screaming imbalance.......
Rictusjames
Profile Joined April 2010
United States11 Posts
May 22 2010 01:29 GMT
#835
Servers are up @ US
Never. I will never be consistent. I will be consistent when I feel like it.
whatever
Profile Joined July 2005
Mexico693 Posts
May 22 2010 01:30 GMT
#836
playtime expires?
Time is always on my side
Romance_us
Profile Joined March 2006
Seychelles1806 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-22 01:32:50
May 22 2010 01:31 GMT
#837
excellent!!!!!! find match doesn't seem to be working for me at least though :x

edit: nvm.. downloading..
Notes and feelings, numbers and reason. The ultimate equilibrium.
djd1291
Profile Joined May 2010
United States28 Posts
May 22 2010 01:31 GMT
#838
When i try to log in, it says "Unable to download an authentication module. Please try again later." Does anyone know what this means??
BasementCat
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada155 Posts
May 22 2010 01:31 GMT
#839
On May 22 2010 10:29 Rictusjames wrote:
Servers are up @ US


Negatory. I get a 'Battle.net temporary outage' message.
=:|| xiCCupTV and BasementTV Caster ||:= · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · [ twitter.com/BasementTV ]
AmstAff
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Germany949 Posts
May 22 2010 01:32 GMT
#840
for me its still down Oo (TROLL???)
after 2 years i reached it = marine icon
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 293 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 216
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17671
Rain 1498
GuemChi 644
sSak 34
Bale 21
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 462
Coldzera 353
minikerr35
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1009
Mew2King86
Other Games
summit1g7314
JimRising 645
WinterStarcraft542
C9.Mang0175
ViBE128
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1049
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 19
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo755
• Stunt330
Other Games
• Scarra897
• Shiphtur734
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 20m
INu's Battles
7h 20m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 20m
OSC
18h 35m
Replay Cast
19h 20m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.