• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:16
CEST 06:16
KST 13:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10695 users

[ASL6] Ro24 Group C - Page 8

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 All
TaardadAiel
Profile Joined May 2017
Bulgaria750 Posts
September 06 2018 21:01 GMT
#141
It's fine to be disappointed by really bad plays and voicing it. There's a fine line between that and straight up insults and flaming. I didn't see much of the latter, though people could use some humility.

Please remember that there's one of the best protoss in the history of the game who forgot about goon range. These people are amazing and every quali match proves that, but they do stupid stuff too. Just more rarely, they have an amazing routine.

That being said, Movie is a cool guy in terrible shape as of late. Someone has to be that guy, inevitably.
WriterReV hwaiting!
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
September 06 2018 21:29 GMT
#142
On September 07 2018 05:47 Liquid`Drone wrote:
Players are critiqued based on expectations and how they perform in relation to their peers. Professional football players have terrible games sometimes, but even their terrible performance is better than the possible top performance of 99.9% of people criticizing them.

That said I didn't really mind movie's final game. The attack towards 12 was dumb. But losing an arbiter to a turret can happen to anyone. I've played this game semi-competitively for like, most of the past 20 years, and I can tell you one thing; the game you play from your own perspective always looks a whole lot better than from an observer's perspective. Even when I've had the feeling 'man, I played really well that game', if I watch the cast, or a replay of the game, I end up thinking 'damn, I kinda sucked that game' because suddenly all the mistakes I made are put on display. The observers don't catch everything also, very frequently there's some skirmish detracting the attention of a player which makes the player lose focus of what is happening on the actual screen. This is the beauty of bw; with the exception of Flash, all players make significant mistakes in every single game.

The not building a forge against the dt, that's on another level, akin to the not upgrading 3-2 melee/carapace in group A for 10 minutes. But at least here, I can see how maybe he actually tried to start building the forge, but maybe a probe got in the way, or he started a goon which made his resources go down to 146 right before the forge was about to start, or whatever, and then he didn't go back to his base for 40 seconds because he was busy microing his attack, and then he's like oh my god I didn't start the forge. Or whatever. The game is amazingly chaotic and unintended stuff happens all the time.

Now, if upon noticing that dts were attacking his units he actually thought 'I'm gonna counter-dt rush 3 minutes later than him and make cannons in some weird place', then he's a total idiot worthy of all the derision in the world, but I find that very unlikely.

Agreed, losing the arbiter was excusable but the attack on 12 was weird. My memory is hazy but maybe he underestimated how much Mind recovered from the losses in his initial push. But yeah, for a Terran player, it doesnt get much better than P attacking into a well entrenched position (with no stasis/recall) and your army just close by to reinforce if necessary. As P, you give away the game by doing that.
I didnt catch the best/movie game so I cant comment on that
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
TaardadAiel
Profile Joined May 2017
Bulgaria750 Posts
September 06 2018 22:12 GMT
#143
After watching the games, I have to say that I don't recall seeing Movie play that poorly. Criticism is very, very justified. I feel sad for the guy.

And I have to compliment RAPiD, he seemed like the upped his casting quite a bit. Maybe having Artosis as a partner helped, but he managed to keep the reins on his excessive enthusiasm most of the time and that's great. Way to go, Rapid!
WriterReV hwaiting!
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
September 07 2018 00:05 GMT
#144
Folks are free to criticize the gameplay of the players such as Movie's late forge in his game vs Best and 2 cannons on some random base, Movie losing an arbiter to a turret, Movie attacking Mind's fourth base through a choke, Mind's isolation of his army or Sacsri not noticing the dt which cleaned up two bases etc... However, it is absolutely unacceptable to attack them personally, question their intelligence or throw matchfixing allegations around, as if these players need some dirt thrown on them.

Matchfixing allegations on TL are taken very seriously and are actionable regardless of who posted the comment. Please don't make such allegations and remember that all players, well, except Flash, seem to have good and bad days. In this case, there is likely some reasons for Movie's decisions which may not be apparent to observers who have complete vision of the game.

Was Movie and Mind's performance disappointing? For sure. Movie was a top players during the Sonic era and is an OSL finalist. We know he is much more capable than what he showed today, however, he also came back to BW with ASL5 and has had his focus switch from purely BW to other things as implied in the pre-game interview. Only he know if he'll ever return to his previous form. As for Mind, his TvP is really inconsistent and for whatever reason, micro seemed to be non-existent in his Autobahn game today, but at least he made the Ro16 and he usually shows better games later on.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
reincremate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China2216 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-09-07 05:28:46
September 07 2018 02:43 GMT
#145
On September 07 2018 09:05 BigFan wrote:
Folks are free to criticize the gameplay of the players such as Movie's late forge in his game vs Best and 2 cannons on some random base, Movie losing an arbiter to a turret, Movie attacking Mind's fourth base through a choke, Mind's isolation of his army or Sacsri not noticing the dt which cleaned up two bases etc... However, it is absolutely unacceptable to attack them personally, question their intelligence or throw matchfixing allegations around, as if these players need some dirt thrown on them.

Matchfixing allegations on TL are taken very seriously and are actionable regardless of who posted the comment. Please don't make such allegations and remember that all players, well, except Flash, seem to have good and bad days. In this case, there is likely some reasons for Movie's decisions which may not be apparent to observers who have complete vision of the game.

Was Movie and Mind's performance disappointing? For sure. Movie was a top players during the Sonic era and is an OSL finalist. We know he is much more capable than what he showed today, however, he also came back to BW with ASL5 and has had his focus switch from purely BW to other things as implied in the pre-game interview. Only he know if he'll ever return to his previous form. As for Mind, his TvP is really inconsistent and for whatever reason, micro seemed to be non-existent in his Autobahn game today, but at least he made the Ro16 and he usually shows better games later on.

Agree with this 100%. Viewers sitting at home should show some more respect and humility. Even seasoned veteran players can be hit by nerves, illness, tough schedules or anything from an endless list of possible bad circumstances that can result in poor performances. These games were pretty bad. We can criticize and even make fun of the players for their subpar performances and questionable decision-making, but slinging straight up rude insults or (even worse) accusations at the players is fucking stupid.

I'm glad Mind is through as I'd like to see more TvZ, TvP and maybe even some TvT, but I really hope he steps his game up. Movie...the quality of his play as of late is less like The Godfather and more like the Transformers franchise--or rather, more like Godfather III than like Godfather I.
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
September 07 2018 04:06 GMT
#146
Movie throwing those games hard.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
Oya187
Profile Joined May 2018
50 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-09-07 11:28:48
September 07 2018 11:25 GMT
#147
On September 07 2018 05:47 Liquid`Drone wrote:
Players are critiqued based on expectations and how they perform in relation to their peers. Professional football players have terrible games sometimes, but even their terrible performance is better than the possible top performance of 99.9% of people criticizing them.

That said I didn't really mind movie's final game. The attack towards 12 was dumb. But losing an arbiter to a turret can happen to anyone. I've played this game semi-competitively for like, most of the past 20 years, and I can tell you one thing; the game you play from your own perspective always looks a whole lot better than from an observer's perspective. Even when I've had the feeling 'man, I played really well that game', if I watch the cast, or a replay of the game, I end up thinking 'damn, I kinda sucked that game' because suddenly all the mistakes I made are put on display. The observers don't catch everything also, very frequently there's some skirmish detracting the attention of a player which makes the player lose focus of what is happening on the actual screen. This is the beauty of bw; with the exception of Flash, all players make significant mistakes in every single game.

The not building a forge against the dt, that's on another level, akin to the not upgrading 3-2 melee/carapace in group A for 10 minutes. But at least here, I can see how maybe he actually tried to start building the forge, but maybe a probe got in the way, or he started a goon which made his resources go down to 146 right before the forge was about to start, or whatever, and then he didn't go back to his base for 40 seconds because he was busy microing his attack, and then he's like oh my god I didn't start the forge. Or whatever. The game is amazingly chaotic and unintended stuff happens all the time.

Now, if upon noticing that dts were attacking his units he actually thought 'I'm gonna counter-dt rush 3 minutes later than him and make cannons in some weird place', then he's a total idiot worthy of all the derision in the world, but I find that very unlikely.


^ THIS, I couldn't have said it any better. Perfect put, thank you Drone for making things clear.
Prev 1 6 7 8 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings124
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 254
NeuroSwarm 182
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 337
hero 72
sorry 28
Bale 17
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1071
League of Legends
JimRising 730
Counter-Strike
taco 422
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King146
Other Games
summit1g10661
Maynarde207
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick469
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 11
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• Berry_CruncH121
• practicex 28
• Letter145
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota258
League of Legends
• Rush1088
• Stunt222
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 44m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 44m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.