• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:53
CEST 21:53
KST 04:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9649 users

[ASL2] Ro8 Stork vs Jaedong - Page 26

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All
Crisium
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1618 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-11 01:09:26
January 11 2017 01:09 GMT
#501
Sadness.
Broodwar and Stork forever! List of BW players with most Ro16, Ro8: http://tinyurl.com/BWRo16-Ro8
Terrorbladder
Profile Joined May 2014
2755 Posts
January 11 2017 01:57 GMT
#502
On January 11 2017 04:18 classicyellow83 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2017 04:12 BigFan wrote:
On January 11 2017 04:10 [[Starlight]] wrote:
On January 11 2017 04:01 BigFan wrote:
On January 11 2017 04:00 Piratezerg wrote:
On January 11 2017 00:36 classicyellow83 wrote:
On January 10 2017 23:41 duke91 wrote:
On January 10 2017 23:38 classicyellow83 wrote:
JD just expained all 3 games. It was an eye opener.


translation?

Best Part
Chat: Why did you keep pumping zerglings even though you didn't scout proxy 2 gates?
JaeDong: I get chills when the opponent does something funky.

That's exactly what Flash said too! the "Chills"

He also explained why he went hydra all-in in second game.

"I couldn't kill the probe fast enough. I killed it after speed upgrade was finished. Right when the probe died, my drones hatched. Stork saw it. At that moment only thing protoss can think that the zerg is getting third hatchery, taking an expo. So I pulled back the drone i sent to get expo and decided to go hydra all in."

Third game.
When I saw that the probe and zealot position terrible I clicked his base right away with lings. When my 3 lings were running around in his base, Stork's best choice would have been leaving 1 zeolot behind and sending 3 zealots out. That puts me in a bad spot. But, Stork knew that I like getting lings early and killing zealots in the middle of the map so he didn't. I knew that he knew that i like getting zerglings. So i just kept on pumping out drones and building hatcheries. At that point, I couldn't lose the game.

JD was in Stork's head entire series.

JD explained it with more details especially about protoss's pysche and, it really showed why he never loses to Protoss in bo5.

JD also said that he built spire just to show it Stork.
"Stork knows I love getting mutas mid game. I knew he knew that. So I decided to get none and Stork built cannons and DA bc of it. Which put him more behind."

Basically JD did everything he normally doesn't do and Stork prepared accordingly to what JD normally does.


Thanks for the translation. It's amazing the depth that the players see into the game. I like tastosis but I wish we got more live insights like this. I suck and even I'm annoyed when they don't say the build orders and the ramifications of them. Does Zeus stream commentary live? Is it in the sidebar? I will absolutely watch that. Jaedong's star sense and decision making were really on today.

Zeus is featured on TL so yes, his stream is on the side line and it is live from what I've seen before.

It's in English??

no lol. It's in KR. If it was in english, I would've skipped official casts XD

On January 11 2017 04:10 classicyellow83 wrote:
On January 11 2017 03:58 duke91 wrote:
On January 11 2017 02:16 classicyellow83 wrote:
On January 11 2017 02:14 Miragee wrote:
On January 11 2017 02:04 letian wrote:
On January 11 2017 00:36 classicyellow83 wrote:
On January 10 2017 23:41 duke91 wrote:
On January 10 2017 23:38 classicyellow83 wrote:
JD just expained all 3 games. It was an eye opener.


translation?

Best Part
Chat: Why did you keep pumping zerglings even though you didn't scout proxy 2 gates?
JaeDong: I get chills when the opponent does something funky.

That's exactly what Flash said too! the "Chills"

He also explained why he went hydra all-in in second game.

"I couldn't kill the probe fast enough. I killed it after speed upgrade was finished. Right when the probe died, my drones hatched. Stork saw it. At that moment only thing protoss can think that the zerg is getting third hatchery, taking an expo. So I pulled back the drone i sent to get expo and decided to go hydra all in."

Third game.
When I saw that the probe and zealot position terrible I clicked his base right away with lings. When my 3 lings were running around in his base, Stork's best choice would have been leaving 1 zeolot behind and sending 3 zealots out. That puts me in a bad spot. But, Stork knew that I like getting lings early and killing zealots in the middle of the map so he didn't. I knew that he knew that i like getting zerglings. So i just kept on pumping out drones and building hatcheries. At that point, I couldn't lose the game.

JD was in Stork's head entire series.

JD explained it with more details especially about protoss's pysche and, it really showed why he never loses to Protoss in bo5.

JD also said that he built spire just to show it Stork.
"Stork knows I love getting mutas mid game. I knew he knew that. So I decided to get none and Stork built cannons and DA bc of it. Which put him more behind."

Basically JD did everything he normally doesn't do and Stork prepared accordingly to what JD normally does.

I always wonder how much we don't know. From the audience seat the series looked so one-sided that ppl started talking about how bad Stork's PvZ is whatever.


We probably miss a lot of stuff. That's why it's great to have player interviews after the game. Even better would be a good analytical caster that plays/played at a high level and has a lot of in-depth knowledge (no offense to the casters). Some people might remember when Idra casted some games in some SC2 cup. You can think about him what you want but the cast was fucking great. He explained so many small timings/details and decisions that were made off of that it really enhanced (my) enjoyment watching the games immensely.

If you want small details. Zeus is your man. He is fucking amazing at analyzing games and explaining in ways that everyone can understand.


Is this why some streamers get more viewers than the official ASL stream itself? Because those progamers analyze the shit out of games?

Not entirely. Terror sucks at analyzing games. Most of the gamers are better than the casters. Zeus especially. Flash vs Movie really showed it. No other players were able really explain what was going on. But, Zeus was on point about everything. Flash doesn't do much analyzing but, when he does, it's mind blowing. Light and Mind are also really good. Jaedong is really good at explaining psyches of each player. I remeber jaedong was observing flash vs effort and the game was short and seemed like there wasn't much to it. But, JD explained how much of a high level play that was. JD:"Only People who are elite at bw would understand how high level that game was"

What was his explanation for that game btw, if you still remember. Which game was he referring to as well? Would like to take a look.

Flash vs Movie on Benzene in round 16. Can't explain the game in few sentences. To be accurate, it would have to be in several paragraphs and I would have to rewatch the VOD to do it precisely. Sorry.

Flash vs Effot in Eye of the Storm. it was played last month. Effort used Lurkers to break Flash's nat and flash was in a unwinnerable situation being behind in tech, economy, and population. Flash used really good unit movements and tricked effort and won the game. JD kept on saying "Wow" the whole time.

Jaedong : "That was next level mind game Flash just played"
what was that Flash vs Effort game?
My dream is to fertilize two females at a time.
dekibeki
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia34 Posts
January 11 2017 02:07 GMT
#503
On January 11 2017 08:40 Chosi wrote:
Did anyone catch where you can donate for ASL? They mentioned that you can somehow but I can't find where..


They said they are planning on doing it, but the system isn't up yet.
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
January 11 2017 02:15 GMT
#504
That was maddenly bad for a match.
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
Barneyk
Profile Joined November 2008
Sweden317 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-11 02:27:39
January 11 2017 02:25 GMT
#505
I really think people aren't giving JD enough credit for how well he played and how he played mind tricks on Stork and had perfect strategy to counter Stork at every turn.

Stork didn't play very well, but he didn't play nowhere near as bad as JD made it look.

One thing that bothers me though that I see a lot is when you have 3-4 lings in your main, why not build 1 cannon near your mineral line to protect the probes?

You want a cannon in your main anyway later for scourge and muta deflection and it doesn't set your back that much I would think.

I know at the elite level every little bit count and a cannon in your main means less army for you and you should be able to micro your zealot to keep the lings from doing any damage but it just seems a bit stubborn to me.
nah
Crisium
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1618 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-11 02:57:56
January 11 2017 02:55 GMT
#506
I just worry Stork got the wrong idea.

He has had less exposure to BW in 2016 than any ASL Ro24 (28 actual) player.

And he made top 8. That's a good sign. That's a great sign. Are you kidding? Of 28 players, the player with THE LEAST PRACTICE IN THE PAST 4+ YEARS, advanced deeper than 20 of them, and only 4 players made it further than him.

Jaedong said before the game that Stork needs more practice, and why not take him at his word? JD's extra months paid off. Even in December JD looked much more questionable than this month. But JD has 6+ months of extra BW. It's a matter of investment.

Lessons NOT to take:

1) He doesn't need practice
-Quite the opposite. While even in Kespa days he sometimes was known for less then stellar dedication at times (forgive me if I'm dead wrong, but the WoW practice was well known here), the top 4 have more practice and that's a big reason why they advanced further than him.

2)It's hopeless
-It's the other way around, again. To reiterate, he was better than 20, only 4 did better than him. As time goes on, the months Stork is behind will narrow. Stork has fractions of the practice now of any of the top 28. As 2017 advances, and beyond, fractions become just a few percent. He has more hope than almost any of them based on this alone.

I'd love to get a message to Stork and give him my encouragement. He got outplayed, hard, but he has so much potential even as one of the oldest players left in BW. I can't wait to see him next ASL, if he'll play.
Broodwar and Stork forever! List of BW players with most Ro16, Ro8: http://tinyurl.com/BWRo16-Ro8
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11110 Posts
January 11 2017 03:24 GMT
#507
Stork did look rusty from what little I saw earlier in the tournament.

Also would have been nicer if he could have gotten a PvT.

Dino fanboys live on though!
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
Vivi57
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States6599 Posts
January 11 2017 04:13 GMT
#508
Thank you for all the translations classicyellow, we really enjoy reading them!
Flash hwaiting! Nal_rA forever!
LittLeLives
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States692 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-11 05:08:46
January 11 2017 04:52 GMT
#509
On January 11 2017 11:55 Crisium wrote:
I just worry Stork got the wrong idea.

He has had less exposure to BW in 2016 than any ASL Ro24 (28 actual) player.

And he made top 8. That's a good sign. That's a great sign. Are you kidding? Of 28 players, the player with THE LEAST PRACTICE IN THE PAST 4+ YEARS, advanced deeper than 20 of them, and only 4 players made it further than him.

Jaedong said before the game that Stork needs more practice, and why not take him at his word? JD's extra months paid off. Even in December JD looked much more questionable than this month. But JD has 6+ months of extra BW. It's a matter of investment.

Lessons NOT to take:

1) He doesn't need practice
-Quite the opposite. While even in Kespa days he sometimes was known for less then stellar dedication at times (forgive me if I'm dead wrong, but the WoW practice was well known here), the top 4 have more practice and that's a big reason why they advanced further than him.

2)It's hopeless
-It's the other way around, again. To reiterate, he was better than 20, only 4 did better than him. As time goes on, the months Stork is behind will narrow. Stork has fractions of the practice now of any of the top 28. As 2017 advances, and beyond, fractions become just a few percent. He has more hope than almost any of them based on this alone.

I'd love to get a message to Stork and give him my encouragement. He got outplayed, hard, but he has so much potential even as one of the oldest players left in BW. I can't wait to see him next ASL, if he'll play.

Is this a response to Stork saying on stream that he thinks he's at his peak? I feel like the comments he's been making recently indicate he's just not up for trying so hard to be the best at BW as much as just being a successful BJ. He probably won't leave the scene, but it seems he wants to find some other way to stay relevant and make a living. I can't blame him, though of course I hope it's just his way of expressing his disappointment about his recent performance; I think he's even more of a defeatist than Guemchi and undermines what he can do. I'd love to see him take more golds before he goes away -- I think he's good for another play-my-heart-out run.

edit: Also can someone clarify all the details about the crowdfunding? I think it's shady to announce it so late in the tournament, especially if it affects earnings/prize pool.
Zera
Profile Joined April 2010
Lithuania716 Posts
January 11 2017 07:01 GMT
#510
On January 11 2017 13:52 LittLeLives wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2017 11:55 Crisium wrote:
I just worry Stork got the wrong idea.

He has had less exposure to BW in 2016 than any ASL Ro24 (28 actual) player.

And he made top 8. That's a good sign. That's a great sign. Are you kidding? Of 28 players, the player with THE LEAST PRACTICE IN THE PAST 4+ YEARS, advanced deeper than 20 of them, and only 4 players made it further than him.

Jaedong said before the game that Stork needs more practice, and why not take him at his word? JD's extra months paid off. Even in December JD looked much more questionable than this month. But JD has 6+ months of extra BW. It's a matter of investment.

Lessons NOT to take:

1) He doesn't need practice
-Quite the opposite. While even in Kespa days he sometimes was known for less then stellar dedication at times (forgive me if I'm dead wrong, but the WoW practice was well known here), the top 4 have more practice and that's a big reason why they advanced further than him.

2)It's hopeless
-It's the other way around, again. To reiterate, he was better than 20, only 4 did better than him. As time goes on, the months Stork is behind will narrow. Stork has fractions of the practice now of any of the top 28. As 2017 advances, and beyond, fractions become just a few percent. He has more hope than almost any of them based on this alone.

I'd love to get a message to Stork and give him my encouragement. He got outplayed, hard, but he has so much potential even as one of the oldest players left in BW. I can't wait to see him next ASL, if he'll play.

Is this a response to Stork saying on stream that he thinks he's at his peak? I feel like the comments he's been making recently indicate he's just not up for trying so hard to be the best at BW as much as just being a successful BJ. He probably won't leave the scene, but it seems he wants to find some other way to stay relevant and make a living. I can't blame him, though of course I hope it's just his way of expressing his disappointment about his recent performance; I think he's even more of a defeatist than Guemchi and undermines what he can do. I'd love to see him take more golds before he goes away -- I think he's good for another play-my-heart-out run.

edit: Also can someone clarify all the details about the crowdfunding? I think it's shady to announce it so late in the tournament, especially if it affects earnings/prize pool.


He will maintain his popularity with his love storyline and I think he will eventually become like NaDa - playing UMSes with fans.
#FPPS
itsdaniel
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Austria335 Posts
January 11 2017 07:39 GMT
#511
On January 11 2017 11:55 Crisium wrote:
I just worry Stork got the wrong idea.

He has had less exposure to BW in 2016 than any ASL Ro24 (28 actual) player.

And he made top 8. That's a good sign. That's a great sign. Are you kidding? Of 28 players, the player with THE LEAST PRACTICE IN THE PAST 4+ YEARS, advanced deeper than 20 of them, and only 4 players made it further than him.

Jaedong said before the game that Stork needs more practice, and why not take him at his word? JD's extra months paid off. Even in December JD looked much more questionable than this month. But JD has 6+ months of extra BW. It's a matter of investment.

Lessons NOT to take:

1) He doesn't need practice
-Quite the opposite. While even in Kespa days he sometimes was known for less then stellar dedication at times (forgive me if I'm dead wrong, but the WoW practice was well known here), the top 4 have more practice and that's a big reason why they advanced further than him.

2)It's hopeless
-It's the other way around, again. To reiterate, he was better than 20, only 4 did better than him. As time goes on, the months Stork is behind will narrow. Stork has fractions of the practice now of any of the top 28. As 2017 advances, and beyond, fractions become just a few percent. He has more hope than almost any of them based on this alone.

I'd love to get a message to Stork and give him my encouragement. He got outplayed, hard, but he has so much potential even as one of the oldest players left in BW. I can't wait to see him next ASL, if he'll play.


Yes I am sad...but truth has been told...
OFFICIAL #1 STORK FAN // Stork:"This past week, there's a foreign fan named Daniel who got caught on the camera a few times. He came from Vienna in Austria to come and see me, and he wanted to be mentioned in one of my interviews."
Epithet
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States840 Posts
January 11 2017 08:58 GMT
#512
Thanks for the translation classicyellow. I wish I knew Korean so I could follow Zeus' analysis or pay someone to subtitle in English what Zeus said in that Flash v Effort game.
Man I love BW. I hope JD wins vs Flash
YellOw, Reach, & Nal_Ra Hwaiting!!
L1ghtning
Profile Joined July 2013
Sweden353 Posts
January 11 2017 09:01 GMT
#513
On January 11 2017 08:36 RowdierBob wrote:
I think flash will crush JD. Flash won't make scouting mistakes like stork and his tvz is too good. Watching JD get pumped by Last on his stream doesn't inspire confidence either (I get a big tourney game will be much different but flash seems more fundamentally solid at the MU).

Having said that, I'll still cheer for the technicolor sheep.

When did this happen? JD just returned. His play will keep getting better and better. Unless this occured within 2-3 weeks, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Flash is obviously the huge favorite regardless.
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10568 Posts
January 11 2017 09:18 GMT
#514
On January 11 2017 11:25 Barneyk wrote:
I really think people aren't giving JD enough credit for how well he played and how he played mind tricks on Stork and had perfect strategy to counter Stork at every turn.

Stork didn't play very well, but he didn't play nowhere near as bad as JD made it look.

One thing that bothers me though that I see a lot is when you have 3-4 lings in your main, why not build 1 cannon near your mineral line to protect the probes?

You want a cannon in your main anyway later for scourge and muta deflection and it doesn't set your back that much I would think.

I know at the elite level every little bit count and a cannon in your main means less army for you and you should be able to micro your zealot to keep the lings from doing any damage but it just seems a bit stubborn to me.

The reason specifically pros dont like getting a cannon in their main base is because:
1) they're generally confident enough in their micro to keep their probes alive to stall for mismicros from the zerg to allow zealots and probes to kill them off.
2) The early game cannon is 150 minerals. That's 3 probes, or a probe and a zealot. In the early game, it's quite a bit of money which is sorely lost.

The cannon can be built later where losing 150 minerals to defend your main from zerg air won't be noticeable but in the early game, 150 minerals is very noticeable. It's like saying why doesnt a zerg just build a preemptive sunken/spore in his main in the early game, or for terran to build a preemptive bunker in their main. Because the money is too important spent on other things.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Zera
Profile Joined April 2010
Lithuania716 Posts
January 11 2017 09:25 GMT
#515
Don't underestimate Jaedong. These are two best players that ever touched the game in a bo5 series, anything can happen. And besides that, Flash didn't look that dominant vs Guemchi as Jaedong did vs Stork. His mental state is far superior than anyone else's in the scene and that will play a huge deal in the FvJ series.
#FPPS
TheNewEra
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany3128 Posts
January 11 2017 10:29 GMT
#516
On January 11 2017 13:52 LittLeLives wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2017 11:55 Crisium wrote:
I just worry Stork got the wrong idea.

He has had less exposure to BW in 2016 than any ASL Ro24 (28 actual) player.

And he made top 8. That's a good sign. That's a great sign. Are you kidding? Of 28 players, the player with THE LEAST PRACTICE IN THE PAST 4+ YEARS, advanced deeper than 20 of them, and only 4 players made it further than him.

Jaedong said before the game that Stork needs more practice, and why not take him at his word? JD's extra months paid off. Even in December JD looked much more questionable than this month. But JD has 6+ months of extra BW. It's a matter of investment.

Lessons NOT to take:

1) He doesn't need practice
-Quite the opposite. While even in Kespa days he sometimes was known for less then stellar dedication at times (forgive me if I'm dead wrong, but the WoW practice was well known here), the top 4 have more practice and that's a big reason why they advanced further than him.

2)It's hopeless
-It's the other way around, again. To reiterate, he was better than 20, only 4 did better than him. As time goes on, the months Stork is behind will narrow. Stork has fractions of the practice now of any of the top 28. As 2017 advances, and beyond, fractions become just a few percent. He has more hope than almost any of them based on this alone.

I'd love to get a message to Stork and give him my encouragement. He got outplayed, hard, but he has so much potential even as one of the oldest players left in BW. I can't wait to see him next ASL, if he'll play.

Is this a response to Stork saying on stream that he thinks he's at his peak? I feel like the comments he's been making recently indicate he's just not up for trying so hard to be the best at BW as much as just being a successful BJ. He probably won't leave the scene, but it seems he wants to find some other way to stay relevant and make a living. I can't blame him, though of course I hope it's just his way of expressing his disappointment about his recent performance; I think he's even more of a defeatist than Guemchi and undermines what he can do. I'd love to see him take more golds before he goes away -- I think he's good for another play-my-heart-out run.

edit: Also can someone clarify all the details about the crowdfunding? I think it's shady to announce it so late in the tournament, especially if it affects earnings/prize pool.


AFAIK the crowdfunding is only for the finals venue. Nothing to do with earnings.
Midas <3 Casy <3 BeSt <3 | Pray to Doh-men, heathens! | Zwischen Harz und Heideland
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
January 11 2017 10:46 GMT
#517
On January 11 2017 19:29 TheNewEra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2017 13:52 LittLeLives wrote:
On January 11 2017 11:55 Crisium wrote:
I just worry Stork got the wrong idea.

He has had less exposure to BW in 2016 than any ASL Ro24 (28 actual) player.

And he made top 8. That's a good sign. That's a great sign. Are you kidding? Of 28 players, the player with THE LEAST PRACTICE IN THE PAST 4+ YEARS, advanced deeper than 20 of them, and only 4 players made it further than him.

Jaedong said before the game that Stork needs more practice, and why not take him at his word? JD's extra months paid off. Even in December JD looked much more questionable than this month. But JD has 6+ months of extra BW. It's a matter of investment.

Lessons NOT to take:

1) He doesn't need practice
-Quite the opposite. While even in Kespa days he sometimes was known for less then stellar dedication at times (forgive me if I'm dead wrong, but the WoW practice was well known here), the top 4 have more practice and that's a big reason why they advanced further than him.

2)It's hopeless
-It's the other way around, again. To reiterate, he was better than 20, only 4 did better than him. As time goes on, the months Stork is behind will narrow. Stork has fractions of the practice now of any of the top 28. As 2017 advances, and beyond, fractions become just a few percent. He has more hope than almost any of them based on this alone.

I'd love to get a message to Stork and give him my encouragement. He got outplayed, hard, but he has so much potential even as one of the oldest players left in BW. I can't wait to see him next ASL, if he'll play.

Is this a response to Stork saying on stream that he thinks he's at his peak? I feel like the comments he's been making recently indicate he's just not up for trying so hard to be the best at BW as much as just being a successful BJ. He probably won't leave the scene, but it seems he wants to find some other way to stay relevant and make a living. I can't blame him, though of course I hope it's just his way of expressing his disappointment about his recent performance; I think he's even more of a defeatist than Guemchi and undermines what he can do. I'd love to see him take more golds before he goes away -- I think he's good for another play-my-heart-out run.

edit: Also can someone clarify all the details about the crowdfunding? I think it's shady to announce it so late in the tournament, especially if it affects earnings/prize pool.


AFAIK the crowdfunding is only for the finals venue. Nothing to do with earnings.

They said half of it goes to the prizepool, the other half is used for the venue
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
thezanursic
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
5504 Posts
January 11 2017 12:55 GMT
#518
Well let's pray, JD puts a good show versus Flash, I think Flash will destroy him, but I'd much rather see a good series from the two of them.

I'd give a limb to see a proper 3-2 JvF with a few long macro games
http://i45.tinypic.com/9j2cdc.jpg Let it be so!
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
January 11 2017 13:16 GMT
#519
it's happening guys, after all these years
nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3774 Posts
January 11 2017 13:19 GMT
#520
On January 11 2017 05:49 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2017 02:32 nimdil wrote:
It looked very one side - until the long fight in game 3. Stork was so behind yet he almost had enough to push through. Jaedong danced around Stork masterfully and made him look silly but at that moment Stork has shown he was outplayed, not outclassed.


He didn't almost have enough. He didn't even reach the sunkens. Being obliterated before the sunken line is a clear sign of protoss not having enough army at all. A push like this should usually deal a bit of damage and the protoss should be able to pull his army back.

Maybe I misexpressed: he get way farer then I thought possible at this point
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason179
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15495
Artosis 824
Mini 237
ZZZero.O 87
Mind 79
Hyun 38
Bale 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
qojqva2522
420jenkins596
League of Legends
Doublelift1656
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5968
Khaldor1295
Liquid`Hasu1031
MindelVK13
Other Games
summit1g6284
FrodaN1959
B2W.Neo712
byalli346
ToD215
Railgan38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1286
BasetradeTV247
StarCraft 2
angryscii 41
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• Adnapsc2 30
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• FirePhoenix7
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie942
• Shiphtur255
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 7m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 7m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 7m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.