• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:36
CEST 22:36
KST 05:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10482 users

[ASL2] Ro8 Stork vs Jaedong - Page 28

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 Next All
ThreeActPlay
Profile Joined April 2011
United States249 Posts
January 13 2017 03:12 GMT
#541
On January 13 2017 08:48 usopsama wrote:
Out of Bisu, Jaedong, Flash and Stork, the fact that Stork got a date with jiyoo, I would say he is the true winner.


It was a pretty kickass consolation prize. I'm happy that both Jaedong and Stork got what they wanted!
twitter.com/haethos
Vuk_91
Profile Joined September 2010
Serbia1690 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-13 04:52:50
January 13 2017 04:51 GMT
#542
On January 13 2017 08:59 RoomOfMush wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2017 03:51 Vuk_91 wrote:
Sayle is the best bw commentator of all time by a mile. Him coming back would have been amazing!

+1

There is no equal.
Tastosis are really good at generating hype. They always sound really hyped up. But there is so little "meat" behind that hype. It becomes painfully obvious that they dont actually know much of the current state of the game.
Sayle always seemed like he actually knew what he was talking about and when he didnt he had a chat full of players who would fill him in. He didnt pretend to know everything; he was eager to learn together with the viewers as the games unfolded.
Really great casts.


Exactly! The depth of his knowledge was simply unparalleled, I don't care what anyone says... He knew exactly what it meant when terran got an early armory, he'd say that it's for a (for example) 11:30 push, and he was right almost all the time. What's also forgotten is that he was casting as a beast during the last few seasons of proleague, it was particularly ridiculous during the winners league, he was casting almost every single pro game...
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
January 13 2017 10:01 GMT
#543
On January 13 2017 08:59 RoomOfMush wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2017 03:51 Vuk_91 wrote:
Sayle is the best bw commentator of all time by a mile. Him coming back would have been amazing!

+1

There is no equal.
Tastosis are really good at generating hype. They always sound really hyped up. But there is so little "meat" behind that hype. It becomes painfully obvious that they dont actually know much of the current state of the game.
Sayle always seemed like he actually knew what he was talking about and when he didnt he had a chat full of players who would fill him in. He didnt pretend to know everything; he was eager to learn together with the viewers as the games unfolded.
Really great casts.

Show nested quote +
On January 12 2017 08:19 Miragee wrote:
On January 12 2017 08:15 Vuk_91 wrote:
On January 12 2017 06:07 Miragee wrote:
On January 12 2017 03:51 Vuk_91 wrote:
Sayle is the best bw commentator of all time by a mile. Him coming back would have been amazing!


No he wasn't.

Name one who was/is better?


Err tons, before Sayle was even a thing. I forgot most of them because I only watched casted replays of them on youtube. I would put Kiante above in for the sake of naming one. Don't get me wrong, I love Sayle's casting and would like to have him back. I just don't think he was the best ever at all.

You clearly have no idea and your opinion will rightfully be ignored. Have a nice day.


I like how you are saying "Sayle always seemed like he actually knew what he was talking about" but then proceed and say "He didnt pretend to know everything". As I said, I liked his casting for the exact same reasons you did. However, there were better casters than him but those did not cast live events for the most part and were mostly gone when Sayle was very active. Sayle was C on ICCup, of course he wouldn't know every detail some A-player might know. That doesn't make him a bad caster. I just spoke out against praising him as the best caster ever, which is indeed quite short-sighted in my opinion.
Vuk_91
Profile Joined September 2010
Serbia1690 Posts
January 13 2017 10:31 GMT
#544
On January 13 2017 19:01 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2017 08:59 RoomOfMush wrote:
On January 12 2017 03:51 Vuk_91 wrote:
Sayle is the best bw commentator of all time by a mile. Him coming back would have been amazing!

+1

There is no equal.
Tastosis are really good at generating hype. They always sound really hyped up. But there is so little "meat" behind that hype. It becomes painfully obvious that they dont actually know much of the current state of the game.
Sayle always seemed like he actually knew what he was talking about and when he didnt he had a chat full of players who would fill him in. He didnt pretend to know everything; he was eager to learn together with the viewers as the games unfolded.
Really great casts.

On January 12 2017 08:19 Miragee wrote:
On January 12 2017 08:15 Vuk_91 wrote:
On January 12 2017 06:07 Miragee wrote:
On January 12 2017 03:51 Vuk_91 wrote:
Sayle is the best bw commentator of all time by a mile. Him coming back would have been amazing!


No he wasn't.

Name one who was/is better?


Err tons, before Sayle was even a thing. I forgot most of them because I only watched casted replays of them on youtube. I would put Kiante above in for the sake of naming one. Don't get me wrong, I love Sayle's casting and would like to have him back. I just don't think he was the best ever at all.

You clearly have no idea and your opinion will rightfully be ignored. Have a nice day.


I like how you are saying "Sayle always seemed like he actually knew what he was talking about" but then proceed and say "He didnt pretend to know everything". As I said, I liked his casting for the exact same reasons you did. However, there were better casters than him but those did not cast live events for the most part and were mostly gone when Sayle was very active. Sayle was C on ICCup, of course he wouldn't know every detail some A-player might know. That doesn't make him a bad caster. I just spoke out against praising him as the best caster ever, which is indeed quite short-sighted in my opinion.


Btw you still haven't actually named one that is better than Sayle, other then saying "I will just say Kiante for the sake of naming one". And those others were so amazing that you actually forgotten their names? Interesting.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
January 13 2017 11:04 GMT
#545
On January 13 2017 19:31 Vuk_91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2017 19:01 Miragee wrote:
On January 13 2017 08:59 RoomOfMush wrote:
On January 12 2017 03:51 Vuk_91 wrote:
Sayle is the best bw commentator of all time by a mile. Him coming back would have been amazing!

+1

There is no equal.
Tastosis are really good at generating hype. They always sound really hyped up. But there is so little "meat" behind that hype. It becomes painfully obvious that they dont actually know much of the current state of the game.
Sayle always seemed like he actually knew what he was talking about and when he didnt he had a chat full of players who would fill him in. He didnt pretend to know everything; he was eager to learn together with the viewers as the games unfolded.
Really great casts.

On January 12 2017 08:19 Miragee wrote:
On January 12 2017 08:15 Vuk_91 wrote:
On January 12 2017 06:07 Miragee wrote:
On January 12 2017 03:51 Vuk_91 wrote:
Sayle is the best bw commentator of all time by a mile. Him coming back would have been amazing!


No he wasn't.

Name one who was/is better?


Err tons, before Sayle was even a thing. I forgot most of them because I only watched casted replays of them on youtube. I would put Kiante above in for the sake of naming one. Don't get me wrong, I love Sayle's casting and would like to have him back. I just don't think he was the best ever at all.

You clearly have no idea and your opinion will rightfully be ignored. Have a nice day.


I like how you are saying "Sayle always seemed like he actually knew what he was talking about" but then proceed and say "He didnt pretend to know everything". As I said, I liked his casting for the exact same reasons you did. However, there were better casters than him but those did not cast live events for the most part and were mostly gone when Sayle was very active. Sayle was C on ICCup, of course he wouldn't know every detail some A-player might know. That doesn't make him a bad caster. I just spoke out against praising him as the best caster ever, which is indeed quite short-sighted in my opinion.


Btw you still haven't actually named one that is better than Sayle, other then saying "I will just say Kiante for the sake of naming one". And those others were so amazing that you actually forgotten their names? Interesting.


Have I ever said they were "amazing"? I rarely can remember names, especially when it's close to 10 years ago and I was just watching random VoDs on youtube. The major reasons I can remember Sayle's name is because he was much more recent as well as being much more prevalent, as in he casted tons of games on end in a time frame where he was basically the only english caster of relevance. I really admire him for his effort back then.

Irrc the whole Gem League casters were pretty good when they actually decided to cast seriously.
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12057 Posts
January 13 2017 11:23 GMT
#546
Random question as I've not seen it mentioned anywhere. When are the Ro4 matches?
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
January 13 2017 11:26 GMT
#547
On January 13 2017 20:23 Qikz wrote:
Random question as I've not seen it mentioned anywhere. When are the Ro4 matches?


This sunday and next tuesday, usual time.
Zera
Profile Joined April 2010
Lithuania716 Posts
January 13 2017 11:42 GMT
#548
On January 13 2017 20:04 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2017 19:31 Vuk_91 wrote:
On January 13 2017 19:01 Miragee wrote:
On January 13 2017 08:59 RoomOfMush wrote:
On January 12 2017 03:51 Vuk_91 wrote:
Sayle is the best bw commentator of all time by a mile. Him coming back would have been amazing!

+1

There is no equal.
Tastosis are really good at generating hype. They always sound really hyped up. But there is so little "meat" behind that hype. It becomes painfully obvious that they dont actually know much of the current state of the game.
Sayle always seemed like he actually knew what he was talking about and when he didnt he had a chat full of players who would fill him in. He didnt pretend to know everything; he was eager to learn together with the viewers as the games unfolded.
Really great casts.

On January 12 2017 08:19 Miragee wrote:
On January 12 2017 08:15 Vuk_91 wrote:
On January 12 2017 06:07 Miragee wrote:
On January 12 2017 03:51 Vuk_91 wrote:
Sayle is the best bw commentator of all time by a mile. Him coming back would have been amazing!


No he wasn't.

Name one who was/is better?


Err tons, before Sayle was even a thing. I forgot most of them because I only watched casted replays of them on youtube. I would put Kiante above in for the sake of naming one. Don't get me wrong, I love Sayle's casting and would like to have him back. I just don't think he was the best ever at all.

You clearly have no idea and your opinion will rightfully be ignored. Have a nice day.


I like how you are saying "Sayle always seemed like he actually knew what he was talking about" but then proceed and say "He didnt pretend to know everything". As I said, I liked his casting for the exact same reasons you did. However, there were better casters than him but those did not cast live events for the most part and were mostly gone when Sayle was very active. Sayle was C on ICCup, of course he wouldn't know every detail some A-player might know. That doesn't make him a bad caster. I just spoke out against praising him as the best caster ever, which is indeed quite short-sighted in my opinion.


Btw you still haven't actually named one that is better than Sayle, other then saying "I will just say Kiante for the sake of naming one". And those others were so amazing that you actually forgotten their names? Interesting.


Have I ever said they were "amazing"? I rarely can remember names, especially when it's close to 10 years ago and I was just watching random VoDs on youtube. The major reasons I can remember Sayle's name is because he was much more recent as well as being much more prevalent, as in he casted tons of games on end in a time frame where he was basically the only english caster of relevance. I really admire him for his effort back then.

Irrc the whole Gem League casters were pretty good when they actually decided to cast seriously.


Nukethestars comes first to my mind when I think about the greatest probably because he was the first commentator I listend to.
#FPPS
TheNewEra
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany3128 Posts
January 13 2017 11:55 GMT
#549
On January 13 2017 13:51 Vuk_91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2017 08:59 RoomOfMush wrote:
On January 12 2017 03:51 Vuk_91 wrote:
Sayle is the best bw commentator of all time by a mile. Him coming back would have been amazing!

+1

There is no equal.
Tastosis are really good at generating hype. They always sound really hyped up. But there is so little "meat" behind that hype. It becomes painfully obvious that they dont actually know much of the current state of the game.
Sayle always seemed like he actually knew what he was talking about and when he didnt he had a chat full of players who would fill him in. He didnt pretend to know everything; he was eager to learn together with the viewers as the games unfolded.
Really great casts.


Exactly! The depth of his knowledge was simply unparalleled, I don't care what anyone says... He knew exactly what it meant when terran got an early armory, he'd say that it's for a (for example) 11:30 push, and he was right almost all the time. What's also forgotten is that he was casting as a beast during the last few seasons of proleague, it was particularly ridiculous during the winners league, he was casting almost every single pro game...


Random serious question: When was the last time Sayle regularly casted? I ask this because you say he should cast nowadays because he had good knowledge back then but that was some years ago right? Who is to say that his knowledge is still as deep? I mean Tastosis knowledge was probably also pretty deep at some point for example when they were progamers. Yet it shouldn't be a point for them casting nowadays that they once had deep knowledge if they can't back it up anymore
Midas <3 Casy <3 BeSt <3 | Pray to Doh-men, heathens! | Zwischen Harz und Heideland
[[Starlight]]
Profile Joined December 2013
United States1578 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-13 13:01:40
January 13 2017 13:01 GMT
#550
On January 13 2017 20:55 TheNewEra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2017 13:51 Vuk_91 wrote:
On January 13 2017 08:59 RoomOfMush wrote:
On January 12 2017 03:51 Vuk_91 wrote:
Sayle is the best bw commentator of all time by a mile. Him coming back would have been amazing!

+1

There is no equal.
Tastosis are really good at generating hype. They always sound really hyped up. But there is so little "meat" behind that hype. It becomes painfully obvious that they dont actually know much of the current state of the game.
Sayle always seemed like he actually knew what he was talking about and when he didnt he had a chat full of players who would fill him in. He didnt pretend to know everything; he was eager to learn together with the viewers as the games unfolded.
Really great casts.


Exactly! The depth of his knowledge was simply unparalleled, I don't care what anyone says... He knew exactly what it meant when terran got an early armory, he'd say that it's for a (for example) 11:30 push, and he was right almost all the time. What's also forgotten is that he was casting as a beast during the last few seasons of proleague, it was particularly ridiculous during the winners league, he was casting almost every single pro game...


Random serious question: When was the last time Sayle regularly casted?


Looks like about 2 1/2 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS3vk1zXQNvE84PlJxb1KOQ

User was warned for being hilarious
Freezard
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Sweden1030 Posts
January 13 2017 13:22 GMT
#551
I like how 9 pool is still a thing. These are the games I love the most, low eco ones where micro will win the game. Also the biggest reason I couldn't like SC2, just gimme 6 lings with speed and that's all I need.
j2choe
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada243 Posts
January 13 2017 14:53 GMT
#552
Has Sayle just moved on? Disappeared? Puff of smoke?
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
January 13 2017 15:11 GMT
#553
I think he is just very busy with his work. He did some casts "rather" recently
j2choe
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada243 Posts
January 13 2017 15:39 GMT
#554
Can't believe he wouldn't be all over this tournament if he has been casting recently. Kinda late in the game for him to jump in now, I suppose, but would definitely have loved to hear him cast JvF.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
January 13 2017 15:49 GMT
#555
On January 14 2017 00:39 j2choe wrote:
Can't believe he wouldn't be all over this tournament if he has been casting recently. Kinda late in the game for him to jump in now, I suppose, but would definitely have loved to hear him cast JvF.


I think he casted ASL a year ago or so.
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
January 13 2017 22:39 GMT
#556
On January 11 2017 00:36 classicyellow83 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2017 23:41 duke91 wrote:
On January 10 2017 23:38 classicyellow83 wrote:
JD just expained all 3 games. It was an eye opener.


translation?

Best Part
Chat: Why did you keep pumping zerglings even though you didn't scout proxy 2 gates?
JaeDong: I get chills when the opponent does something funky.

That's exactly what Flash said too! the "Chills"

He also explained why he went hydra all-in in second game.

"I couldn't kill the probe fast enough. I killed it after speed upgrade was finished. Right when the probe died, my drones hatched. Stork saw it. At that moment only thing protoss can think that the zerg is getting third hatchery, taking an expo. So I pulled back the drone i sent to get expo and decided to go hydra all in."

Third game.
When I saw that the probe and zealot position terrible I clicked his base right away with lings. When my 3 lings were running around in his base, Stork's best choice would have been leaving 1 zeolot behind and sending 3 zealots out. That puts me in a bad spot. But, Stork knew that I like getting lings early and killing zealots in the middle of the map so he didn't. I knew that he knew that i like getting zerglings. So i just kept on pumping out drones and building hatcheries. At that point, I couldn't lose the game.

JD was in Stork's head entire series.

JD explained it with more details especially about protoss's pysche and, it really showed why he never loses to Protoss in bo5.

JD also said that he built spire just to show it Stork.
"Stork knows I love getting mutas mid game. I knew he knew that. So I decided to get none and Stork built cannons and DA bc of it. Which put him more behind."

Basically JD did everything he normally doesn't do and Stork prepared accordingly to what JD normally does.

Man this is so sick. The double bluffs on double bluffs. Can't wait for JvF. Its gonna be insane. I'm still bitter about the 3 14ccs Flash pulled on Jaedong during 2010 Hana Daetoo MSL..
Jaedong.
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11801 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-14 01:00:49
January 14 2017 00:59 GMT
#557
On January 11 2017 02:16 classicyellow83 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2017 02:14 Miragee wrote:
On January 11 2017 02:04 letian wrote:
On January 11 2017 00:36 classicyellow83 wrote:
On January 10 2017 23:41 duke91 wrote:
On January 10 2017 23:38 classicyellow83 wrote:
JD just expained all 3 games. It was an eye opener.


translation?

Best Part
Chat: Why did you keep pumping zerglings even though you didn't scout proxy 2 gates?
JaeDong: I get chills when the opponent does something funky.

That's exactly what Flash said too! the "Chills"

He also explained why he went hydra all-in in second game.

"I couldn't kill the probe fast enough. I killed it after speed upgrade was finished. Right when the probe died, my drones hatched. Stork saw it. At that moment only thing protoss can think that the zerg is getting third hatchery, taking an expo. So I pulled back the drone i sent to get expo and decided to go hydra all in."

Third game.
When I saw that the probe and zealot position terrible I clicked his base right away with lings. When my 3 lings were running around in his base, Stork's best choice would have been leaving 1 zeolot behind and sending 3 zealots out. That puts me in a bad spot. But, Stork knew that I like getting lings early and killing zealots in the middle of the map so he didn't. I knew that he knew that i like getting zerglings. So i just kept on pumping out drones and building hatcheries. At that point, I couldn't lose the game.

JD was in Stork's head entire series.

JD explained it with more details especially about protoss's pysche and, it really showed why he never loses to Protoss in bo5.

JD also said that he built spire just to show it Stork.
"Stork knows I love getting mutas mid game. I knew he knew that. So I decided to get none and Stork built cannons and DA bc of it. Which put him more behind."

Basically JD did everything he normally doesn't do and Stork prepared accordingly to what JD normally does.

I always wonder how much we don't know. From the audience seat the series looked so one-sided that ppl started talking about how bad Stork's PvZ is whatever.


We probably miss a lot of stuff. That's why it's great to have player interviews after the game. Even better would be a good analytical caster that plays/played at a high level and has a lot of in-depth knowledge (no offense to the casters). Some people might remember when Idra casted some games in some SC2 cup. You can think about him what you want but the cast was fucking great. He explained so many small timings/details and decisions that were made off of that it really enhanced (my) enjoyment watching the games immensely.

If you want small details. Zeus is your man. He is fucking amazing at analyzing games and explaining in ways that everyone can understand.

Okay damn so it was basically I knew that he knew. Mind games, where knowledge is double-sided blade

So FlaSh vs EffOrt game would only be understood by like a handful of people? Crazy high-level stuff. Did EffOrt understand what happened though?

No wonder ZeuS was so baller back in 2002-2003.

Thanks for the valuable insight! I've greatly enjoyed reading up on these. Makes me want to take up Korean even more
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
January 14 2017 10:35 GMT
#558
On January 13 2017 20:42 Zera wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2017 20:04 Miragee wrote:
On January 13 2017 19:31 Vuk_91 wrote:
On January 13 2017 19:01 Miragee wrote:
On January 13 2017 08:59 RoomOfMush wrote:
On January 12 2017 03:51 Vuk_91 wrote:
Sayle is the best bw commentator of all time by a mile. Him coming back would have been amazing!

+1

There is no equal.
Tastosis are really good at generating hype. They always sound really hyped up. But there is so little "meat" behind that hype. It becomes painfully obvious that they dont actually know much of the current state of the game.
Sayle always seemed like he actually knew what he was talking about and when he didnt he had a chat full of players who would fill him in. He didnt pretend to know everything; he was eager to learn together with the viewers as the games unfolded.
Really great casts.

On January 12 2017 08:19 Miragee wrote:
On January 12 2017 08:15 Vuk_91 wrote:
On January 12 2017 06:07 Miragee wrote:
On January 12 2017 03:51 Vuk_91 wrote:
Sayle is the best bw commentator of all time by a mile. Him coming back would have been amazing!


No he wasn't.

Name one who was/is better?


Err tons, before Sayle was even a thing. I forgot most of them because I only watched casted replays of them on youtube. I would put Kiante above in for the sake of naming one. Don't get me wrong, I love Sayle's casting and would like to have him back. I just don't think he was the best ever at all.

You clearly have no idea and your opinion will rightfully be ignored. Have a nice day.


I like how you are saying "Sayle always seemed like he actually knew what he was talking about" but then proceed and say "He didnt pretend to know everything". As I said, I liked his casting for the exact same reasons you did. However, there were better casters than him but those did not cast live events for the most part and were mostly gone when Sayle was very active. Sayle was C on ICCup, of course he wouldn't know every detail some A-player might know. That doesn't make him a bad caster. I just spoke out against praising him as the best caster ever, which is indeed quite short-sighted in my opinion.


Btw you still haven't actually named one that is better than Sayle, other then saying "I will just say Kiante for the sake of naming one". And those others were so amazing that you actually forgotten their names? Interesting.


Have I ever said they were "amazing"? I rarely can remember names, especially when it's close to 10 years ago and I was just watching random VoDs on youtube. The major reasons I can remember Sayle's name is because he was much more recent as well as being much more prevalent, as in he casted tons of games on end in a time frame where he was basically the only english caster of relevance. I really admire him for his effort back then.

Irrc the whole Gem League casters were pretty good when they actually decided to cast seriously.


Nukethestars comes first to my mind when I think about the greatest probably because he was the first commentator I listend to.

I got into BW through the Violetak channel, Cholera, Moletrap, Klazart and co. I found Nuke to be irritating and ignorant but at least enthusiastic. I think to say Sayle is the greatest is focusing way too much on the more recent years of BW and ignoring its peak. Though Sayle does deserve huge props for continuing to cast as SC2 threatened the scene. Tasteless, Artosis, Chill and Day9 all did some amazing TSL casts. I don't get the Tastosis hate too, they were fairly high level players back in the day and knew what they were talking about. I feel like the years of SC2 and loss of passion maybe make people forget how good Tasteless was back in the GOMtv era.
Yhamm is the god of predictions
usopsama
Profile Joined April 2008
6502 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-15 06:02:29
January 15 2017 03:33 GMT
#559
On January 13 2017 08:48 usopsama wrote:
Out of Bisu, Jaedong, Flash and Stork, the fact that Stork got a date with jiyoo, I would say he is the true winner.


Here are some of the VODs.


First date VODs:
+ Show Spoiler +










He got another date.
[[Starlight]]
Profile Joined December 2013
United States1578 Posts
January 15 2017 05:39 GMT
#560
Reality TV show for Stork?



User was warned for being hilarious
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O83
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason157
BRAT_OK 52
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16661
Artosis 990
ZZZero.O 83
Hyun 35
NaDa 24
Bale 22
League of Legends
Doublelift3185
JimRising 351
Counter-Strike
Fnx 751
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6030
Liquid`Hasu849
Other Games
summit1g7435
FrodaN2735
B2W.Neo776
ToD254
KnowMe166
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1458
BasetradeTV270
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 48
• Hupsaiya 38
• Adnapsc2 26
• Reevou 7
• musti20045 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie917
• Shiphtur218
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 24m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
14h 24m
Monday Night Weeklies
19h 24m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 14h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.