• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:37
CEST 07:37
KST 14:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7719 users

[OSL] Ro16 Day 5 - Page 75

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 81 Next
zlosynus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Czech Republic339 Posts
December 22 2010 11:25 GMT
#1481
On December 22 2010 20:21 Doraemon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2010 20:08 Waxangel wrote:
So if Kal owes Flash his life, what's the correct move in this situation :o?


LOL.

kal and paralyze both try to type gg the fastest


ROFL, that would be epic!
Quarz
Profile Joined November 2010
448 Posts
December 22 2010 11:25 GMT
#1482
On December 22 2010 20:20 repomaniak wrote:
so if JD beat hogil it will be JD and Clam advancing?


No it will be a tiebraker between Calm, JD and Hiya.
Black Gun
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Germany4482 Posts
December 22 2010 11:38 GMT
#1483
wow lol, wtf is going on in individual leagues this season?

so flash needs afrotoss to beat kal, else he is out? and even if he does, he still has to win a tiebreaker against kal and afrotoss for the remaining spot?

and jd needs to beat hogil or he is out, and even if he does he has to not come last in the threeway tiebreaker between him, hiya and calm? (ok, that shouldnt be a problem XD")

"What am I supposed to do against this?" - "Lose!" :-]
GeLaar
Profile Joined January 2003
2421 Posts
December 22 2010 11:38 GMT
#1484
Oh my gods, I can't believe how exciting the MSL and OSL have gotten now that Flash is out, and almost out, respectively. Professional SC:BW, at its finest...
Brood War is alive and well.
pksens
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom156 Posts
December 22 2010 11:45 GMT
#1485
Correct me if I'm way out of line; I seem to recall last seasons people suggesting the maps were heavily favoured for Terran. Are we just seeing things a little more balanced now ?
vishrut
Profile Joined April 2009
United States567 Posts
December 22 2010 11:49 GMT
#1486
do skt fans even want afrotoss to win?
i think ironically that only kt fans want afrotoss to win
GeLaar
Profile Joined January 2003
2421 Posts
December 22 2010 11:56 GMT
#1487
On December 22 2010 20:49 vishrut wrote:
do skt fans even want afrotoss to win?
i think ironically that only kt fans want afrotoss to win


Personally, I've got mixed feelings about it. I guess I'll be satisfied with either outcome. Of course I'd like to see Paralyze get out of the group, but if it comes to tie-breakers, with Flash up against two Protoss players and thus with only one match-up to practice for, I don't see him dropping the ball again. So maybe I am cheering for Kal after all.

And yeah, it's really funny to see KT players cheering for an SKT rookie. Delicious. ^_____^
Brood War is alive and well.
Trok67
Profile Joined May 2010
France384 Posts
December 22 2010 11:59 GMT
#1488
Are there VOD of those game somewhere plz ? (sorry if this has allready been asked)
catabowl
Profile Joined November 2009
United States815 Posts
December 22 2010 12:04 GMT
#1489
On December 22 2010 20:45 pksens wrote:
Correct me if I'm way out of line; I seem to recall last seasons people suggesting the maps were heavily favoured for Terran. Are we just seeing things a little more balanced now ?


The maps in the OSL are more Zerg favoured.

They need to bring back Fightning Spirit. Most balanced map I've seen in a long time.
Jung! Myung! Hoooooooooooooooooon! #TeamPolt
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51546 Posts
December 22 2010 12:05 GMT
#1490
On December 22 2010 20:56 GeLaar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2010 20:49 vishrut wrote:
do skt fans even want afrotoss to win?
i think ironically that only kt fans want afrotoss to win


Personally, I've got mixed feelings about it. I guess I'll be satisfied with either outcome. Of course I'd like to see Paralyze get out of the group, but if it comes to tie-breakers, with Flash up against two Protoss players and thus with only one match-up to practice for, I don't see him dropping the ball again. So maybe I am cheering for Kal after all.

And yeah, it's really funny to see KT players cheering for an SKT rookie. Delicious. ^_____^


you see my signature...its been like that sometime.I like paralyze for his style.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
_Quasar_
Profile Joined October 2010
Russian Federation4405 Posts
December 22 2010 12:14 GMT
#1491
I hope JD stops doing stupid shit and pulls off 3 straight wins (1 vs Hogil and 2 in tiebreakers), so he is out of this fucking group. Oh yes and I hope that Hiya loses both games to JD and Calm then. -____- Maybe without individual leagues he finally stops playing like a D- in Proleague :D
For the Swarm!!! Jaedong & Neo_G.Soulkey fan.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
December 22 2010 12:18 GMT
#1492
WHAT

THE

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
POGGERS
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
December 22 2010 12:26 GMT
#1493
Bwahahaha. I can't believe Hyuk beat flash. He's done something Jaedong hasn't been able to do in a while. Beat flash in a management game.... WTF. I have to watch the VOD asap.
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
zlosynus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Czech Republic339 Posts
December 22 2010 12:27 GMT
#1494
On December 22 2010 21:14 _Quasar_ wrote:
I hope JD stops doing stupid shit and pulls off 3 straight wins (1 vs Hogil and 2 in tiebreakers), so he is out of this fucking group. Oh yes and I hope that Hiya loses both games to JD and Calm then. -____- Maybe without individual leagues he finally stops playing like a D- in Proleague :D


As a Jaedong fan, I have to say that if he can't win against Hogil and can't advance in tiebreakers, he DOES NOT deserve to be in OSL . Jaedong, I believe in you, please no more upsets for this season of OSL.

I like maps this season a lot, they produce awesome games. It is much better than Terran favored maps last season, the only Zerg able to play them were Jaedong. I would love to see more Protoss advancing, but somehow they are struggling against Zerg .

I wonder why is it so easy to rush Protoss with good timing and some tech switches?? What makes a map better for Protoss than for other races? At least as far as I know, a more open maps where you can easily flank is better for Protoss in PvT and better for Zerg in general. But is there some way how to make a map Protoss favored without giving the upper hand to either Terran, or Zerg?
Katsuge
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore7730 Posts
December 22 2010 12:29 GMT
#1495
On December 22 2010 21:26 Warrior Madness wrote:
Bwahahaha. I can't believe Hyuk beat flash. He's done something Jaedong hasn't been able to do in a while. Beat flash in a management game.... WTF. I have to watch the VOD asap.

nope. flash died to lurkers into muta tech switch and was unable to defend the early pushes.
김태연 | 정은지 | 아이유 |  한효주 | 이민정 <3 -|||- 소녀시대 에이핑크 사랑해!
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
December 22 2010 12:36 GMT
#1496
On December 22 2010 21:29 Katsuge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2010 21:26 Warrior Madness wrote:
Bwahahaha. I can't believe Hyuk beat flash. He's done something Jaedong hasn't been able to do in a while. Beat flash in a management game.... WTF. I have to watch the VOD asap.

nope. flash died to lurkers into muta tech switch and was unable to defend the early pushes.


Ah okay, I only read the results from his interview I didn't read the LR thread at the time of posting that.

On December 22 2010 13:37 baubo wrote:
Recap for those who missed the stream

Flash's aggressive BO, when it got scouted for hyuk, caused him to be behind on economy.
Hyuk went 2-hatch, and only made 6 lings and made drones afterwards, went fast 2nd gas.
6 mutas came out when spire was finished, but Flash only had TWO BARRACKS to defend, so he instead turreted heavily. Edit: Icarus is a muta-favored map, so when I say heavily, I meant godly amount of turrets. Drained his entire econ.
Flash had so many turrets he barely teched, and was on 2-barracks and no factory for a long time while hyuk poked around, started a 3rd, and upgraded +1 air armor
By the time Flash got Valks, hyuk at +1 armor on his mutas, and was already switching to lurkers.
Flash then proceeded to push out with his mnm group(on 2-barracks) with no upgrades against +1 mutas. Then lost half his force.

It was just sad.

The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
zlosynus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Czech Republic339 Posts
December 22 2010 12:37 GMT
#1497
On December 22 2010 21:29 Katsuge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2010 21:26 Warrior Madness wrote:
Bwahahaha. I can't believe Hyuk beat flash. He's done something Jaedong hasn't been able to do in a while. Beat flash in a management game.... WTF. I have to watch the VOD asap.

nope. flash died to lurkers into muta tech switch and was unable to defend the early pushes.


That is not what I have seen today. Hyuk made mutas extra early and Flash's turret timing was too late. He had just two barracks and mutas made small damage. Flash sucked a lot of money to turrets, so his economy was behind and had almost no army. At that moment, Hyuk could decide to either play macro game (while being ahead), or to make some lurkers and to kill Flash (that was not an all-in, he basically had better economy and better army). Also, it is not true that Hyuk's drones at the third base were killed, he lost something like one or two to vultures, the rest was transfered to main or natural (it was not very clear at first, since observers were showing just the empty 3rd, but it was very clear in the replay). So, basically Hyuk outplayed Flash today, a cool game.
Kanil
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1713 Posts
December 22 2010 12:42 GMT
#1498
On December 22 2010 21:04 catabowl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2010 20:45 pksens wrote:
Correct me if I'm way out of line; I seem to recall last seasons people suggesting the maps were heavily favoured for Terran. Are we just seeing things a little more balanced now ?


The maps in the OSL are more Zerg favoured.

They need to bring back Fightning Spirit. Most balanced map I've seen in a long time.


Yeah, they're using Zerg favored maps to make up for the good Terran maps lately. It's certainly worked, looks like we could have 5 Zergs in the Ro8.

Using balanced maps like Fighting Spirit would be nice...

But hey, I'm a fanboy. Zerg favored maps are fine.
I used to have an Oz icon over here ---->
Lonyo
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United Kingdom3884 Posts
December 22 2010 12:47 GMT
#1499
On December 22 2010 19:32 Reggiegigas wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +


Also, I hate Shine. All he does is to pick off Protosses I love and then himself get beat in any other matchup because he's a one trick pony.


Yes, he's such a one trick pony that his best matchup is ZvZ, and he's on the longest ZvZ winning streak ever.
And that's because he's a one trick pony who just picks off protosses.

Or maybe he's a 2 trick pony.
Or maybe he's just a good player, as much as it enrages nearly everyone.
HOLY CHECK!
gulii
Profile Joined November 2004
Sweden2795 Posts
December 22 2010 13:12 GMT
#1500
Hohoho, this makes me giggle. Love this!
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 81 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 482
Hyuk 449
Leta 113
Icarus 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm232
League of Legends
JimRising 813
Other Games
summit1g9127
WinterStarcraft477
Mew2King66
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick901
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream174
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2262
League of Legends
• Rush1393
• Lourlo1060
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 24m
INu's Battles
6h 24m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 24m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 24m
Replay Cast
17h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.