• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:06
CEST 00:06
KST 07:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8972 users

[Map] First melee map in a long time ~_~ - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 13 2009 23:43 GMT
#41
Yeah lol somehow it looks like that :S
POGGERS
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
May 13 2009 23:54 GMT
#42
map making plus translating fifty billion articles
you have so much time on your hands O_O
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
May 13 2009 23:58 GMT
#43
Mutas will rape the naturals with no mercy...no space for turrets behind the mins. ):

Also...it might be something you were going for with the map, but I don't like the placement of the ramps for each of the mains...it's so close to the outside that it'll be hard to block off, especially for a forge expanding toss.
Hello
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 14 2009 00:01 GMT
#44
Should I move up the minerals a bit?

Protoss can go 1 gate -> FE depending on Zerg's position
POGGERS
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
May 14 2009 00:05 GMT
#45
On May 14 2009 09:01 konadora wrote:
Should I move up the minerals a bit?

Protoss can go 1 gate -> FE depending on Zerg's position

even if they can do that, i don't think it's a good idea to restrict options for any race
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-14 00:24:03
May 14 2009 00:06 GMT
#46
Mm... how should I position the ramps then? Or move the nat a bit further ahead?

Or maybe tighten the choke? Remove the creep colony? Or both?

Actually I'm interested in playing on this for balance checks. Anyone?

Oh snap, web doesn't cast and I forgot to stack minerals.
POGGERS
Nightmarjoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3360 Posts
May 14 2009 00:54 GMT
#47
Jesus christ it's a whole new map :O

I'd be surprised if those dwebs both work and don't crash the map ._.

Despite a lot of these changes being similar to or exactly what I suggested, I'm not sure I like how this version has turned out. I dunno ._. Just a bizzare and radical jump from what you had before.

There's a lot of little things that could be fixed. I don't really want to list all of them atm, but if you want me to I can try to do it later.

I'm just not sure this is the map you had wanted to make, it's just so different from the version I commented on lol.

I think it might be productive if instead of spending a lot of time on one map, if you just kept making new maps to help you practice, and to help you learn all the little things every mapper picks up. If you don't plan on being a serious mapper then this obviously is a waste of time, but then at the same time if you don't plan on being a serious mapper it's not really important to perfect this map/concept anyway.
aka Lyra; My favourites: July, Stork, Draco, MistrZZZ, TheStc, LastShadow - www.broodwarmaps.net - for all your mapping needs; check my stream: high masters mech terran: twitch.tv/lyrathegreat
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-14 01:09:46
May 14 2009 01:01 GMT
#48
I just wanted to try a new concept map, but the expo positioning was baaaaaad.

Trying to get the last d-web to work rofl, the rest work fine (copy pasted from Hwangsangbyul rofl)

What do you think is the greatest change?

>_______<

THE D-WEBS DON'T WORK, THEY KEEP GOING HAYWIRE >_<

I'll just remove the d-webs rofl

Maybe I remove the 6 and 12 and replace it with a connected like the older map?
POGGERS
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 14 2009 01:24 GMT
#49
Okay I changed 6 and 12 a bit, how about now?
POGGERS
Nightmarjoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3360 Posts
May 14 2009 01:33 GMT
#50
lol that's not what I meant. But let me say first of all don't let me dictate what you do with your map, it is your map. Bare in mind that ultimately only you know what the map you want to make looks like, and anything I say will be biased by what I want the map to look like, or something like that.

Mostly though, it's the whole Andromeda heavy macro thing that's weird to me. When I said "more normal expo layout" I just had in mind 4 base per player stuff, with islands on top of that or something. That doesn't mean you should hand out the money for free (the min only).

I think the map needs to be more normalized though, more standard main/nat to start off with. I think that however the concept turns out you should still use fairly normal shapes, sizes, distances, proportions, etc. You might need to alter the symmetry. Rotational symmetry is almost always superior to this kind of symmetry in 4 player maps. You're using up a lot of space on what I think are needless facets. But I dunno =/ Can you explain to me exactly what you want in the map? What are the most important features? What do you like or dislike about the map? I think if we start there we can do more with the map.
aka Lyra; My favourites: July, Stork, Draco, MistrZZZ, TheStc, LastShadow - www.broodwarmaps.net - for all your mapping needs; check my stream: high masters mech terran: twitch.tv/lyrathegreat
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 14 2009 01:39 GMT
#51
Was thinking of early game battles if same side of the wall, if not mid-late game macro fights.

Also was thinking of creating a map design that will go for heavy late-game harassment.

All these while adding in a few experimental concepts (neutral-building-covered gas, d-web, colonies)
POGGERS
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
May 14 2009 03:53 GMT
#52
I'm looking at the map, and the only way you'll actually get a fast game is if both spawn either left or right side. Anything else there's a bunch of buildings in the way.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 14 2009 03:56 GMT
#53
Playing PvZ.. wow damn it's hard.
POGGERS
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
May 14 2009 04:33 GMT
#54
On May 14 2009 12:53 Musoeun wrote:
I'm looking at the map, and the only way you'll actually get a fast game is if both spawn either left or right side. Anything else there's a bunch of buildings in the way.


I believe that's entirely the point...
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 14 2009 04:42 GMT
#55
Results of playing PvZ:

WAYYYYYYY TOO HARD for Protoss to get FE safely (because of early creep colony). I think if I remove that it shouldn't be a problem.
Maybe I need to replace the Chrysalis with something else with more HP.
POGGERS
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
SpeCial 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 271
MaD[AoV]30
910 25
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 458
Counter-Strike
fl0m4229
Fnx 603
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox447
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4141
Liquid`Hasu601
Other Games
summit1g6119
FrodaN628
C9.Mang0237
JuggernautJason31
Trikslyr10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV254
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream18
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21443
Other Games
• Shiphtur791
• imaqtpie774
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 54m
Patches Events
17h 54m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.