• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:08
CEST 05:08
KST 12:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10720 users

[OFFICIAL] Savior dropped to CJ Team B!! - Page 8

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
ForAdun
Profile Joined August 2007
Germany986 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-26 14:23:21
June 26 2008 14:22 GMT
#141
@ dinmsab

Are you saying you were able to stay healthy and fit while studying 12 hours a day? I mean like doing sports, eating at normal times, getting enough sleep, having a good condition, no signs of weakness, no long-term tiredness, no taking drugs/else to stay focused, etc.?
Aerox
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Malaysia1213 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-26 14:32:39
June 26 2008 14:32 GMT
#142
It can be speculated that Savior's actually a tester for SC2 given how Blizz chose him over others to attend WWI as well as this seemingly strange move by CJ. Just a speculation.
"Eyes in the sky."
dinmsab
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Malaysia2246 Posts
June 26 2008 14:32 GMT
#143
On June 26 2008 23:22 ForAdun wrote:
@ dinmsab

Are you saying you were able to stay healthy and fit while studying 12 hours a day? I mean like doing sports, eating at normal times, getting enough sleep, having a good condition, no signs of weakness, no long-term tiredness, no taking drugs/else to stay focused, etc.?


Depends on your definition of "fit and healthy", I still had to walk around a lot to go from my school to tuition classes... so I got my exercise there, but I did feel really tired by the time I get home which is around 7-8pm. I got enough sleep since I usually sleep at 10, and wake up at 6... but I usually end up using saturdays and sundays to take long naps . I admit, its not exactly the healthiest lifestyle but over here its pretty normal thing to do if your going to stay ahead in class. Although this is nothing compared to the studying some college students do for final exams.. all nighters etc, i've seen them all.
..
ForAdun
Profile Joined August 2007
Germany986 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-26 14:49:37
June 26 2008 14:47 GMT
#144
So you admit that you didn't do any real sports? That's my definition of living unhealthy.
Oh, and playing soccer twice a week doesn't count, sorry. It's better than nothing but still below anything I would call healthy.
Chromyne
Profile Joined January 2008
Canada561 Posts
June 26 2008 15:07 GMT
#145
I'm quite sure football (soccer) is a real sport, and I don't think you have to play "real sports" to live a healthy life. Walking is a perfectly good way to exercise (and there is less wear on the body). And if playing soccer twice a week is better than nothing, then it obviously counts as something. If he can get meaningful cardio workout 3-4 times a week, that is great. I'm not saying his lifestyle if healthy, but it's not bad for an aspiring student.
Soli Deo gloria.
Ryot
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada316 Posts
June 26 2008 15:11 GMT
#146
I think he means that regular sports everyday is important for living healthy, which I completely agree with.
nortydog
Profile Joined December 2003
Australia3067 Posts
June 26 2008 15:14 GMT
#147
ForAdun is completely right, forcing savior to devote even more time to a game that is obviously draining him mentally and physically is just going to push him way past his limits.. it's insane to expect someone to throw away thier health for thier profession and if I was Savior I'd be leaving CJ for the airforce or something after this shortsighted move.

Give the guy a fucking break and let him return on his own initiative, when HE is ready he'll come back with the motivation and energy required to achieve whatever goals he might have. If in that time he realises he has none then he can quit as an A team player.
NoCleanFeed.com
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
June 26 2008 15:29 GMT
#148
A sad day for sure. He went downhill pretty quickly. He might bounce back but I don't think that's very likely.
[X]Ken_D
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States4653 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-26 15:36:43
June 26 2008 15:30 GMT
#149
On June 26 2008 20:13 ForAdun wrote:
What the, I thought team Estro seemed more interested in having healthy gamers from what Daniel Lee said in an interview. Guess I was wrong, they're even practicing in their free time? They're stupid, and the coaches have to read some good books about learning. The learning effect ends after about 7-8 hours of practice/day no matter what you're learning. Muscle memory stops at about 6 hours already. That's a protective function from the brain, it starts filtering most of the information and even though you can still think and understand you can't memorize most of it anymore.
The only reason they keep playing after 8 hours is that they're addicted. They don't know what else to do. They should better use the 2 extra hours for sports/exercises/rest/anything but not gaming.
This is retarded. That way they definitely will destroy their own health, step by step.


Good points. Those extra hours IMO aren't really about getting better. They are actually for showing off to their sponsors to justify any cost they incur. "Look! 2 extra hours of practice. That is 25% increase in productivity!" On paper, it sounds right and sponsors won't really understand, but nod and agree when the reality is so far off. Who cares if they burn out? It's not about the players, it's about the money.
[X]Domain - I just do the website. Nothing more.
ForAdun
Profile Joined August 2007
Germany986 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-26 15:37:44
June 26 2008 15:34 GMT
#150
On June 27 2008 00:07 Chromyne wrote:
I'm quite sure football (soccer) is a real sport, and I don't think you have to play "real sports" to live a healthy life. Walking is a perfectly good way to exercise (and there is less wear on the body). And if playing soccer twice a week is better than nothing, then it obviously counts as something. If he can get meaningful cardio workout 3-4 times a week, that is great. I'm not saying his lifestyle if healthy, but it's not bad for an aspiring student.


A lot of "if" there as you see. Cardio workout is exactly one of the things that you need to stay fit. I know people who look really good but have a bad condition at the same time because their cardio is so bad. I outrun them so easily it's a shame.
Thing is, you can't just do one thing over and over again and then think it's enough. Like when IdrA said he's running a hill up and down every day I thought: "Ok, that's a start. What else?" but there was nothing else, his sentence ended there. I was worried when I heard that because what he described there is a very bad training schedule. It burns your energy. So you have to wonder where you get that energy back? I tell you.
What you need is different types of sport 5 times in a week, and on the 2 rest days you can do easy stuff, like riding a bike 30 minutes, easy breathing. Breathing hard doesn't mean you're doing good sports, that's a misbelief. For example long jog (very slow jog) and normal jog (still not running) each twice a weak is good sports and it adds to your cardio. I described the long jog there (and normal jog is about 60 minutes):
http://teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=73863#9
On the 5th day you can do something that really burns your energy like running - jogging - running - jogging etc. but it's not neccessary so often. Do this every 10th day or so and you're alright.
To all this you must add workout because it makes your everyday life much easier and it also does improve your SC techniques. I do workout 4-5 days a week, different parts of my body, each in a session. I take my time for this, I have improved a lot over the past 1 year and I can promise that your SC skill will raise up to 50% if you do it really, really good.

What I mean is not that the progamers are doing it wrong, I'm saying that they don't do it right. I mean that they should add more time to care about their body because it's their potential not only in their everyday life but it also specifically adds to their SC skills.
Believe it or not but even good cardio is useful in SC.
InfeSteD
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States4658 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-26 16:22:58
June 26 2008 16:16 GMT
#151
ForAdun I agree with everything you have said... but the thread has got derailed so much with all the staying healthy part. Let's talk about SaviOr more T.T I am so sad..

@Aerox "I wish it was true man"
w/e
ForAdun
Profile Joined August 2007
Germany986 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-26 16:31:14
June 26 2008 16:30 GMT
#152
lol yeah sorry, I forgot the actual topic over that talk. I think it's such an important topic, but yeah I should make a new thread if I feel it's neccessary.

About Savior, I can only see him improving in the B team, I don't know why it's considered such a bad thing. Much improved a lot when he joined the B team and I think XellOs, too. I only hope Savior hasn't given up yet, he's one of the few remaining zerg to mix into the current t/p dominance. I don't even know whether t or p is more dominant right now, it's so strange oO.
Maybe Savior's fall has got to do with the overall score of zerg nowadays... I think Jaedong and Luxury can change things, all zerg will follow into their footsteps and copy their play and since Savior is already one top gamer he has easier times to do so.
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13088 Posts
June 26 2008 16:32 GMT
#153
cant imagine savior scrubing floors every day lol!!
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
tre2ettsexsju
Profile Joined May 2008
Sweden248 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-26 16:52:41
June 26 2008 16:50 GMT
#154
well hes been playing at "b-level" lately :C
hm so he wont be playing 2on2 either or what?
moebius_string
Profile Joined December 2007
United States264 Posts
June 26 2008 17:22 GMT
#155
Savior is not some delicate thing thats going to crumble from a demotion. If you suck, you suck, the team should not be in the business of playing favorites. What sport team is going to keep you on the starting line up for long if you can't perform?
FBH is insurance.
skindzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
Chile5114 Posts
June 26 2008 17:23 GMT
#156
On June 27 2008 02:22 moebius_string wrote:
Savior is not some delicate thing thats going to crumble from a demotion. If you suck, you suck, the team should not be in the business of playing favorites. What sport team is going to keep you on the starting line up for long if you can't perform?


KTF?
Its not only the rain that brings the thunder
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
June 26 2008 17:39 GMT
#157
On June 27 2008 02:23 skindzer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2008 02:22 moebius_string wrote:
Savior is not some delicate thing thats going to crumble from a demotion. If you suck, you suck, the team should not be in the business of playing favorites. What sport team is going to keep you on the starting line up for long if you can't perform?


KTF?


Hahahaha... so true.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
moebius_string
Profile Joined December 2007
United States264 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-26 17:44:14
June 26 2008 17:43 GMT
#158
On June 27 2008 02:23 skindzer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2008 02:22 moebius_string wrote:
Savior is not some delicate thing thats going to crumble from a demotion. If you suck, you suck, the team should not be in the business of playing favorites. What sport team is going to keep you on the starting line up for long if you can't perform?


KTF?


Speak English instead of acronyms.
FBH is insurance.
Conquest101
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1395 Posts
June 26 2008 17:47 GMT
#159
On June 27 2008 02:43 moebius_string wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2008 02:23 skindzer wrote:
On June 27 2008 02:22 moebius_string wrote:
Savior is not some delicate thing thats going to crumble from a demotion. If you suck, you suck, the team should not be in the business of playing favorites. What sport team is going to keep you on the starting line up for long if you can't perform?


KTF?


Speak English instead of acronyms.


Ummm he just answered your question.

"What sport team is going to keep you on the starting line up for long if you can't perform?"

And that's KTF <.<

Though not so much anymore I guess.
boss420
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Cyprus109 Posts
June 26 2008 17:48 GMT
#160
Korea Team Fighting
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings138
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta27
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 180
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11685
Terrorterran 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1106
NeuroSwarm191
febbydoto32
League of Legends
JimRising 711
Counter-Strike
taco 298
minikerr40
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King260
hungrybox124
Other Games
summit1g9354
Maynarde212
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick406
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 169
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo801
• Rush502
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 52m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 52m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 52m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.