ComSat Station is a discord bot for monitoring streams. Currently it is focused on Brood War, but the code is open source and it could be set up for any game. The BW one is living on my hosting and currently part of a few discords, in particular the FBW discord (https://discord.gg/4BUCZuk) as a beta test of sorts.
"But des," you say, "there's like 1000 of these useless bots spamming me in every discord." Well, ComSat Station works by updating a single post with a list of streamers rather than pinging constantly or requiring you to spam a ping at the bot. Just pin the message or give it its own channel and it will, in five minute intervals, update the message with live streams! Wow!
The bot in FBW as I write this eloquent post
Some upcoming features when I get some additional time to work on them:
1) Following streams. PM the bot with a follow message to get notifications about specific streams when they go live.
2) Featured streams. Sort these to the top and put a star or something on them. Useful for tournament series etc.
3) Gamelocking. Filter stream list based on the stream tag. Only show streams for your game of choice. No SC2 scrubs in your BW discord! No BW elitists in your SC2 discord! No hygiene in your Melee discord!
4) Afreeca support, or modular source support so people can write plugins.
And some refactor/tweaks:
1) Make more of the bot setup configurable by discord owners. Currently I need to manually set up the bot for your server, which makes it annoying to spread around.
2) Refactor to support #4 above; currently very hooked into twitch.
3) Cleanup to make my code written while sick not ass.
If there are other features you'd like, please let me know here or on discord at des#8350. Alternatively, if you'd like to contribute, the bot is up on github, and I'm happy to have PRs! https://github.com/vaidashwin/comsat is the link.
Last but not least, thanks to 80smullet for the idea and being my hypeman so I kept with it.