• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:54
CEST 00:54
KST 07:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)20Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10224 users

[Interview]UpMagic

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-05-18 08:52:55
May 17 2007 23:11 GMT
#1
-16강 첫 승인데.
▶게임이 끝나고 한동욱과 이야기를 했는데 상대가 소소한 실수가 있었다. 내가 운이 좋아서 승리를 거둔 것같다. 그래도 1승을 거둔 것은 기쁘다.

-You won the first match in the Ro16.
▶After the game, Casy told me a story about how he had made a tiny mistake in the game. Because I was lucky, I was able to win the game. Still, I am glad that I won the first match.
---
-첫 벌처로 큰 소득을 거뒀다.
▶첫 벌처가 상대 본진 안에 들어가면 벌처를 더 생산해서 흔들 생각이었다. 못 들어가면 커맨드를 빨리 건설하고 하려고 했다. 벌처로 흔들 수 있어서 잘 풀어나갔다.

-Your first Vulture netted a lot of kills. (not entirely sure on this translation; sorry)
▶If the first Vulture got into the opponent's base, then I was going to produce more Vultures in order to harass. If I failed to do so, I decided to start building another Command Center.
---
-오늘 대결은 포스트 임요환끼리의 대결이었다.
▶한동욱이 더 잘한다(웃음). 사실 경기 시작 전에는 그런 생각을 안하고 했다. 16강 첫 경기니까 보여줄 것 다 보여주고 기분좋게 승리를 거둬 16강을 잘 풀려고 했다.

-Today's match was between the Neo Emperors.
▶Casy is a lot better than I am (laughs). The truth is, I didn't think about that before the game started. Since it was a Ro16 game I showed all that I could and I was happy that I won the first match.
---
-송병구과 김준영만 남았다.
▶송병구가 고비같다. 올시즌에 가장 좋은 성적을 거두면서 상승세에 올랐다. 이길 자신이 없는 것은 아니다. 나보다 못하는 선수가 없다고 생각하고 최선을 다하겠다.

-There's only Stork and GGPlay left.
▶It seems like Stork is the biggest problem. He has the best record thus far and is currently rising in the ranks (KeSPA probably?). I'm going to think that there are no weaker players than me and I'll just play my best in every game.
---
-부담되는 경기인듯 싶은데.
▶그렇지는 않다. 부담감을 갖기 보다는 더욱 열심히 훈련하면 이길 수 있는 상대들이라고 생각한다. 나하고 똑같은 선수 아닌가.

-You'd want some exciting games.
▶I really don't want that. Instead of exciting games, I'd much rather play more games and train harder. Don't all players think like this?
---
-스타리그에서 특별히 붙고 싶은 선수는.
▶이윤열하고 한번 더 붙고 싶다. 그때 붙어보고 많은 것을 배워서 성장했다. 한번 더 붙어서 이번에는 꼭 이겨보고 싶다. 내가 더 잘할 수 있을 때 꼭 붙고 싶다.

-Is there any particular player that you'd like to play in Starleague?
▶I'd like to play NaDa once. After the last time I played him I've grown from the experience. I'd like to beat him the next time I play him. I'm sure I can do better but I'd like to play him.
---
-스타리그 최고 성적이 16강인데.
▶한단계 한단계 천천히 올라가는 것이 목표다. 결승에서 좋은 모습을 보여줄 수 있는 선수가 되겠다. 굳이 8강이다, 4강이다 이런 이야기는 하고 싶지 않다.

-You have the best record in the Ro16.
▶My plan is to slowly get better. I'd like to be the player in the finals with the best record. I don't want to be rated just because I might reach the Ro8 or Ro4. I just want to please my fans. (Thanks to sOnagi here for the last sentence)
---
END OF INTERVIEW

edit: A couple of the translations may be a little off, due to my hazy memory of Korean vocabulary. I'm guessing a bit of slang was in here too, but I never bothered learning it T_T

edit2: I forgot to replace the first Han Dong Wook with Casy; I was forced to check on Liquibet -_-
^-^
ATeddyBear
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Canada2843 Posts
May 17 2007 23:12 GMT
#2
luv you equinox, now go work on your PvT !
Professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world’s first analrapist.
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-05-17 23:12:52
May 17 2007 23:12 GMT
#3
Hehe thanks

edit: Yes, I am working on PvT and PvZ
^-^
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
May 17 2007 23:14 GMT
#4
I like Up a lot.
But still man, Dong Wook, you are sucking mad balls, wth.
I like Up's humble attitude with his brilliant stratagems.
Too bad Dong Wook sucks... but I guess its all part of love to be angry at someone too.
GSDLKJGLKS:HTLDKFJl CHOBOSSEKI.
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
May 17 2007 23:16 GMT
#5
Kim Jun Young is GGPlay.
Hanbit's Ace Zerg, btw
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
May 17 2007 23:19 GMT
#6
OK, thanks a lot Jong.
^-^
KizZBG
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
u gotta skate8152 Posts
May 17 2007 23:21 GMT
#7
Thanks!

So many interviews lately
eSTRO for life | #2 Sea.Really fan! | #1 GosI[Flying] fan! | Clide - best SC2 terran!
sOnagi[3.33]
Profile Joined November 2006
Korea (South)886 Posts
May 17 2007 23:37 GMT
#8
On May 18 2007 08:11 Equinox_kr wrote:
-16강 첫 승인데.
▶게임이 끝나고 한동욱과 이야기를 했는데 상대가 소소한 실수가 있었다. 내가 운이 좋아서 승리를 거둔 것같다. 그래도 1승을 거둔 것은 기쁘다.

-You won the first match in the Ro16.
▶After the game, Casy told me a story about how he had made a tiny mistake in the game. Because I was lucky, I was able to win the game. Still, I am glad that I won the first match.
---
-첫 벌처로 큰 소득을 거뒀다.
▶첫 벌처가 상대 본진 안에 들어가면 벌처를 더 생산해서 흔들 생각이었다. 못 들어가면 커맨드를 빨리 건설하고 하려고 했다. 벌처로 흔들 수 있어서 잘 풀어나갔다.

-Your first Vulture netted a lot of kills. (not entirely sure on this translation; sorry)
▶The Vulture's HP was decent so I considered going inside his base. If I was unable to get inside, I would instead decide to build a Command Center. But because my Vulture was able to harass well, I was in a good position.
---
-오늘 대결은 포스트 임요환끼리의 대결이었다.
▶한동욱이 더 잘한다(웃음). 사실 경기 시작 전에는 그런 생각을 안하고 했다. 16강 첫 경기니까 보여줄 것 다 보여주고 기분좋게 승리를 거둬 16강을 잘 풀려고 했다.

-Today's match was between the Neo Emperors.
▶Casy is a lot better than I am (laughs). The truth is, I didn't think about that before the game started. Since it was a Ro16 game I showed all that I could and I was happy that I won the first match.
---
-송병구과 김준영만 남았다.
▶송병구가 고비같다. 올시즌에 가장 좋은 성적을 거두면서 상승세에 올랐다. 이길 자신이 없는 것은 아니다. 나보다 못하는 선수가 없다고 생각하고 최선을 다하겠다.

-There's only Stork and GGPlay left.
▶It seems like Stork is the biggest problem. He has the best record thus far and is currently rising in the ranks (KeSPA probably?). I'm going to think that there are no weaker players than me and I'll just play my best in every game.
---
-부담되는 경기인듯 싶은데.
▶그렇지는 않다. 부담감을 갖기 보다는 더욱 열심히 훈련하면 이길 수 있는 상대들이라고 생각한다. 나하고 똑같은 선수 아닌가.

-You'd want some exciting games.
▶I really don't want that. Instead of exciting games, I'd much rather play more games and train harder. Don't all players think like this?
---
-스타리그에서 특별히 붙고 싶은 선수는.
▶이윤열하고 한번 더 붙고 싶다. 그때 붙어보고 많은 것을 배워서 성장했다. 한번 더 붙어서 이번에는 꼭 이겨보고 싶다. 내가 더 잘할 수 있을 때 꼭 붙고 싶다.

-Is there any particular player that you'd like to play in Starleague?
▶I'd like to play NaDa once. After the last time I played him I've grown from the experience. I'd like to beat him the next time I play him. I'm sure I can do better but I'd like to play him.
---
-스타리그 최고 성적이 16강인데.
▶한단계 한단계 천천히 올라가는 것이 목표다. 결승에서 좋은 모습을 보여줄 수 있는 선수가 되겠다. 굳이 8강이다, 4강이다 이런 이야기는 하고 싶지 않다.

-You have the best record in the Ro16.
▶My plan is to slowly get better. I'd like to be the player in the finals with the best record. If I do well in the Ro8 and Ro4 I hope I won't have to tell this story. (weird last sentence, pretty confusing -_-)
---
END OF INTERVIEW

edit: A couple of the translations may be a little off, due to my hazy memory of Korean vocabulary. I'm guessing a bit of slang was in here too, but I never bothered learning it T_T

edit2: I forgot to replace the first Han Dong Wook with Casy; I was forced to check on Liquibet -_-


mm the last sentence (UpMagic's last response) had to do with "oh i made it to Ro8, or i made it to Ro4, i don't want to say (or be judged by) that" - my guess is because he doesn't want to show that he's at a certain level with other players (which his placement in Ro8 and Ro4 will show) but that he just wants to have a good performance for the fans
서지훈, XellOs[yG]: the Perfect Terran...이성은, FireBatHero: braQ Terran.
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
May 18 2007 01:57 GMT
#9
On May 18 2007 08:37 sOnagi[3.33] wrote:
mm the last sentence (UpMagic's last response) had to do with "oh i made it to Ro8, or i made it to Ro4, i don't want to say (or be judged by) that" - my guess is because he doesn't want to show that he's at a certain level with other players (which his placement in Ro8 and Ro4 will show) but that he just wants to have a good performance for the fans


Oh - jeez, my Korean is so rusty T_T

I'll fix it right up.
^-^
OhThatDang
Profile Joined August 2004
United States4685 Posts
May 18 2007 03:02 GMT
#10
haha did casy just try to use an excuse that foool!
troi oi thang map nai!!!
ilovezil
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States4143 Posts
May 18 2007 03:12 GMT
#11
daum.net's dictionary is awesome.

Daum's korean to English Dictionary

My #1 tool in translations.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
May 18 2007 03:55 GMT
#12

-첫 벌처로 큰 소득을 거뒀다.
▶첫 벌처가 상대 본진 안에 들어가면 벌처를 더 생산해서 흔들 생각이었다. 못 들어가면 커맨드를 빨리 건설하고 하려고 했다. 벌처로 흔들 수 있어서 잘 풀어나갔다.

-Your first Vulture netted a lot of kills. (not entirely sure on this translation; sorry)
▶The Vulture's HP was decent so I considered going inside his base.

If the first Vulture got into the opponent's base, then I was going to produce more Vultures in order to harass.
Official Entusman #21
Pressure
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
7326 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-05-18 08:16:32
May 18 2007 08:14 GMT
#13
zil reveals his secret.
BUMP, I HEART YOU JAY PARK LOLOL JOIN ZE TRANSLATION TEAM :D

유 아 쿨
Equinox_kr
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States7395 Posts
May 18 2007 08:52 GMT
#14
Haha thanks Pressure.

And thanks Infinity for the translation; I was thinking about the sentence over and over in school (hehe aced my English quiz, however ^_^) and then you basically nailed it. Thanks again; I'll edit immediately.
^-^
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE189
Nina 118
Nathanias 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14230
Artosis 516
White-Ra 259
ToSsGirL 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever458
NeuroSwarm137
League of Legends
Doublelift4222
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1024
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2169
Liquid`Hasu1333
Trikslyr73
Other Games
summit1g7303
Grubby3695
ArmadaUGS983
shahzam567
JimRising 406
C9.Mang0271
ZombieGrub47
Mew2King45
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV194
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
Other Games
gamesdonequick52
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 54
• musti20045 37
• davetesta35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 38
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1241
• Scarra1007
• Shiphtur256
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 6m
OSC
14h 6m
Stellar Fest
14h 6m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.