• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:45
CEST 12:45
KST 19:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12213 users

Jaedong stream thread - Page 102

Forum Index > BW General
2471 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 124 Next
Jaedong's youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOp9K7CjksKsve6CkNPzUWg

Contribute to the Casual Games of the Week by posting awesome Jaedong games that you see here:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/bw-tournaments/537649-the-casual-games-of-the-week-thread
RedW4rr10r
Profile Joined January 2010
Switzerland749 Posts
October 09 2017 22:06 GMT
#2021
On October 10 2017 06:51 flyingrat wrote:
what is the word he says after he finishes a game?

sounds something like "sowasimida" but I'm sure I'm butchering the hell out of it

It's 수고하셨습니다 = "sugohasyeoseumnida" (or whatever the english romanization is). Mean something like "you did a good job".
Rip & Tear until it is done!
flyingrat
Profile Joined September 2017
43 Posts
October 10 2017 02:36 GMT
#2022
thanks a lot!
sc19980331
Profile Joined March 2017
China1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-10 05:51:24
October 10 2017 04:49 GMT
#2023
Might be the final fight of career life today, good luck JD!

309 Korea JDyeyo 2761 Zerg
788 Korea 2JD 2569 Zerg

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/527268-jaedong-near-to-retirement
http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/20848130/starcraft-beginning-end-legend-jaedong
TL+ Member
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
October 10 2017 04:59 GMT
#2024
May Jaedong crush his group today!
When I think of something else, something will go here
sM.Zik
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2553 Posts
October 10 2017 05:35 GMT
#2025
On October 10 2017 13:59 blade55555 wrote:
May Jaedong crush his group today!


I believe.
Jaedong Fighting! | youtube.com/ZikGaming
Rekzr
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia92 Posts
October 10 2017 08:35 GMT
#2026
I hope Jaedong does well tonight, its realistic for him to quit after his last game of the ASL's. I have the same pains in my fingers which started just before I finished Art School, Its been 3 years since then and my fingers have become increasingly worse to the point were the pain is always lingering. The thing I agree with now is "what else does he have to prove" We all know him to be the greatest zerg that ever was. I hope his last games give him and his fans some lasting memories, as at this point he has put everything into this tournament.
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
October 10 2017 08:58 GMT
#2027
In my opinion, JD isn't the type of guy to retire after a defeat. He isn't built like that
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
October 10 2017 10:17 GMT
#2028
Supposedly his vision is suffering. Was revealed at the interview bit at the beginning. Anyone know what this is about?
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Letmelose
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Korea (South)3227 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-10 11:24:27
October 10 2017 11:14 GMT
#2029
On October 10 2017 19:17 BigFan wrote:
Supposedly his vision is suffering. Was revealed at the interview bit at the beginning. Anyone know what this is about?


His eyes are fucked. His fingers are fucked. His wrists are fucked.

+ Show Spoiler +
Keratoconjunctivitis sicca, flexor tendinopathy, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
TL+ Member
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
October 10 2017 15:22 GMT
#2030
+ Show Spoiler +
As sad as it makes me to watch him loose. As much as I wanted him to succeed one last time. As much as it breaks my heart to see him after that last game. I am glad that he can finally stop. His body can rest now. He was the greatest Zerg, he hit the highest skill level. We may never see anyone become as godly as he was. And over this past year he has even given us a chance to watch his brood war art again. That series against flash @ asl s2 will always have a special place in my heart. Goodbye Lee Jaedong. You have made your mark in the history of brood war and zerg will never be the same without you. Rest now. You deserve it.
CoL_DarkstaR
Profile Joined January 2009
Germany649 Posts
October 10 2017 16:23 GMT
#2031
On October 11 2017 00:22 Lorch wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
As sad as it makes me to watch him loose. As much as I wanted him to succeed one last time. As much as it breaks my heart to see him after that last game. I am glad that he can finally stop. His body can rest now. He was the greatest Zerg, he hit the highest skill level. We may never see anyone become as godly as he was. And over this past year he has even given us a chance to watch his brood war art again. That series against flash @ asl s2 will always have a special place in my heart. Goodbye Lee Jaedong. You have made your mark in the history of brood war and zerg will never be the same without you. Rest now. You deserve it.



+ Show Spoiler +
I get where you are coming from, but i consider Savior to be just as equally dominantin his prime. By the end of Kespa Broodwar i think Effort and Soulkey came close to Jaedong's skill, they just weren't as well rounded. However i think today larva is easily the best zerg around, if he could put on a similar training regiment to that of Jaedong in the past he would be there in no time. We need new blood for Broodwar though...
usopsama
Profile Joined April 2008
6502 Posts
October 10 2017 16:28 GMT
#2032
On September 17 2017 13:45 Letmelose wrote:
http://vod.afreecatv.com/PLAYER/STATION/25990069

Starting from 01:58:00

Jaedong on himself:

"I forgot everything from the past. I didn't play with my head. I played with my hands, like a machine. To be honest, I forgot everything. Even now I'm not learning as fast as the others. I forgot the build orders. I forgot the maps. Thinking back, I wasn't that talented. I am an idiot. I played like an idiot, and just won through brute force. I'm a hopeless case. I need to start from scratch."

I think we need to be more patient with Jaedong. With his injuries, and lack of professional infrastructure, it certainly won't be easy.

Jaedong knows himself better than anyone. If he admits that he cannot remember the build orders and have to relearn everything, it is understandable that he is struggling against the current top players.
pansheru
Profile Joined October 2017
1 Post
October 10 2017 16:31 GMT
#2033
On October 11 2017 00:22 Lorch wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
As sad as it makes me to watch him loose. As much as I wanted him to succeed one last time. As much as it breaks my heart to see him after that last game. I am glad that he can finally stop. His body can rest now. He was the greatest Zerg, he hit the highest skill level. We may never see anyone become as godly as he was. And over this past year he has even given us a chance to watch his brood war art again. That series against flash @ asl s2 will always have a special place in my heart. Goodbye Lee Jaedong. You have made your mark in the history of brood war and zerg will never be the same without you. Rest now. You deserve it.


+ Show Spoiler +
Lie Down. Try not to cry. Cry alot
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-10 21:13:02
October 10 2017 21:12 GMT
#2034
+ Show Spoiler +
Time don't spare anyone, sooner or later SK, Rain or even Flash all would have been beaten by someone younger and talented. But today time has come for Jaedong to finally let it go and enjoy the legacy.
Cheesefome
Profile Joined May 2016
320 Posts
October 11 2017 07:00 GMT
#2035
On October 05 2017 08:17 sc-darkness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2017 08:02 letian wrote:
"I forgot everything from the past. I didn't play with my head. I played with my hands, like a machine. To be honest, I forgot everything. Even now I'm not learning as fast as the others. I forgot the build orders. I forgot the maps. Thinking back, I wasn't that talented. I am an idiot. I played like an idiot, and just won through brute force. I'm a hopeless case. I need to start from scratch."

Oh man. There is so much pain in here. He has always been a mechanical player driven by the impulse and desire to win. I do feel his disappointment now when his physical state is not letting him do that and he sees this as his greatest weakness as a player. But he really deserves more than this.


Physical state? Dude, he's a young adult. Stop with bullshit.


Carpal tunnel bro. Trust me it exists. I'm not near his caliber of skill but I was also a very ridiculous fast player but not a very smart one.

I won all my games simply cause i was a much faster player than most.

Always thought carpal tunnel was like some shit that old people get. But at about 25 my wrists started to feel weird pains and even at times it got so bad that no matter how hard you try the wrist just doesn't allow your hand to move. It's hard to explain. It basically just stops working and it hurts.

There is a way to fix these problems. I tried a ton of wrists exercises. Like my own wrist rehab for a few months. That did reduce the pain and the stamina of my wrists but what i found to be most helpful was to learn to relax the hand/wrist/arm. Learned this from pianist cause i figured it was at least somewhat relateble to starcraft players since both do require some serious hand movements.

Found that a lot of people who play piano often permanently damage their hands because they tend to become very tense and use a ton of muscle vs natural pressure and relaxed hands. I guess the key to keep your hand healthy and youthful is to relax your muscles to the best of your ability and create that habit before your problem becomes irreversible.

It's so frustrating at first because you mis-click everything but I can't remember the last time i had a wrist pain and on top of that I'm much faster because of the relaxed state my hands are often in. In the long run it'll benefit you more gameplay wise and health wise.
Chux
Profile Joined June 2009
Peru255 Posts
October 11 2017 14:12 GMT
#2036
On September 29 2017 05:30 prosatan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2017 00:55 The_Red_Viper wrote:
http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/20848130/starcraft-beginning-end-legend-jaedong

Really makes you think. I hope he does what is best for him <3


OMG ! I ALMOST START CRYING ! I AM THE BIGGEST JAEDONG FAN IN THE WORLD AND I DON'T WANT HIM TO QUIT BROODWAR !



Dude, I have to get it out, I was almost crying too. I've followed Jaedong almost all his career and the simple thought of him retiring it's just very sad to me. But, as another poster said, health is first. Whatever happens, I wish him the best.
JAEDONG FIGHTING!!!!!
MSL 2052-2053, here we go!
SuperCyan
Profile Joined October 2017
Philippines67 Posts
October 12 2017 10:41 GMT
#2037
I was almost crying too. My wish was he could have ended his career with an ASL championship, or at least a final battle with Flash. It's really painful because as much as we want him to play more, we can clearly see his battle injuries, his eyes, hands and wrists, and convinced by it that he can't do it anymore
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-12 11:24:40
October 12 2017 11:23 GMT
#2038
On October 11 2017 01:28 usopsama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2017 13:45 Letmelose wrote:
http://vod.afreecatv.com/PLAYER/STATION/25990069

Starting from 01:58:00

Jaedong on himself:

"I forgot everything from the past. I didn't play with my head. I played with my hands, like a machine. To be honest, I forgot everything. Even now I'm not learning as fast as the others. I forgot the build orders. I forgot the maps. Thinking back, I wasn't that talented. I am an idiot. I played like an idiot, and just won through brute force. I'm a hopeless case. I need to start from scratch."

I think we need to be more patient with Jaedong. With his injuries, and lack of professional infrastructure, it certainly won't be easy.

Jaedong knows himself better than anyone. If he admits that he cannot remember the build orders and have to relearn everything, it is understandable that he is struggling against the current top players.

to me he just sounds severely drained and uninspired.

If he got the motivation, and healed up, he'd kill most people with ease again.

No matter what he says, I don't think he 'brute forced' all of his successes. He's just in a very low spot psychologically, and everything seems dark.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
October 12 2017 14:07 GMT
#2039
It doesn't sound like he can just heal up. The doctors have said that surgery won't help (I believe this info is somewhere in the information from Korea thread). If he somehow could, I believe he would have to quit broodwar for at least 6 months minimum which would be too long and he has to do military service.

Sounds like it's affecting his vision too, so it's best for him physically to quit even though I really don't want it to happen.
When I think of something else, something will go here
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
October 13 2017 14:39 GMT
#2040
Any news on JD? He didn't stream, etc. A bit worried :O
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 124 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings136
CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 11291
FanTaSy 1399
Hyuk 845
Horang2 577
BeSt 507
Pusan 244
Stork 196
Killer 116
Zeus 109
Mind 105
[ Show more ]
sorry 103
Last 97
Hyun 57
EffOrt 53
ggaemo 52
PianO 49
ToSsGirL 41
Snow 37
Bale 35
Hm[arnc] 30
JYJ 21
Aegong 16
Sacsri 11
Noble 6
zelot 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe161
Counter-Strike
fl0m1109
byalli695
x6flipin219
Other Games
gofns38462
singsing2543
ArmadaUGS85
Mew2King72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick700
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream78
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 15m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 0
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 15m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 15m
Replay Cast
12h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 15m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.