• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:56
CEST 14:56
KST 21:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9153 users

Jaedong stream thread - Page 101

Forum Index > BW General
2471 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 124 Next
Jaedong's youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOp9K7CjksKsve6CkNPzUWg

Contribute to the Casual Games of the Week by posting awesome Jaedong games that you see here:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/bw-tournaments/537649-the-casual-games-of-the-week-thread
EndingLife
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States1605 Posts
September 28 2017 19:45 GMT
#2001
On September 29 2017 04:33 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
afreeca is global,u can just go to his stream chat and talk to him ^^.
btw one day i was in Larva channel waiting for him to finish some sponsored game,and i told Larva to finish fast and Jaedong whisped me Hi,i was in shock like OOOOOOOOOOOOOH MY GOD JD JUST DID SAY HI TO ME ????????? lol :D

i guess is worth mention that jd was in the channel amount other pros playing the sponsored team battle

Screenshot or it didn't happen! :D
I'm just jealous.
Netto.
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Poland523 Posts
September 28 2017 19:54 GMT
#2002
It didnt happen fo sure
Be the change you want to see in the world.
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7090 Posts
September 28 2017 20:14 GMT
#2003
it did happen back in 1.16 ,i was playing often vs larva offraces :D
EndingLife
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States1605 Posts
September 28 2017 20:25 GMT
#2004
On September 29 2017 05:14 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
it did happen back in 1.16 ,i was playing often vs larva offraces :D

I remember those epic back and forth PvZ games with the BM. Fun times!
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9385 Posts
September 28 2017 20:30 GMT
#2005
On September 29 2017 00:55 The_Red_Viper wrote:
http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/20848130/starcraft-beginning-end-legend-jaedong

Really makes you think. I hope he does what is best for him <3


OMG ! I ALMOST START CRYING ! I AM THE BIGGEST JAEDONG FAN IN THE WORLD AND I DON'T WANT HIM TO QUIT BROODWAR !
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
September 28 2017 21:43 GMT
#2006
On September 29 2017 05:30 prosatan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2017 00:55 The_Red_Viper wrote:
http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/20848130/starcraft-beginning-end-legend-jaedong

Really makes you think. I hope he does what is best for him <3


OMG ! I ALMOST START CRYING ! I AM THE BIGGEST JAEDONG FAN IN THE WORLD AND I DON'T WANT HIM TO QUIT BROODWAR !

Whatever is best for him imo. Yeah ofc we would all love to see him keep playing bw, but health is more important
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Piratezerg
Profile Joined January 2017
54 Posts
September 29 2017 03:15 GMT
#2007
Seems like he is trying to go until his military service makes him stop. Crazy mad respect for Jaedong.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
September 29 2017 03:20 GMT
#2008
Jaedong is free to do what he likes. I do hope though that he makes it to the semis at least and beat Flash along the way. This way, if he leaves to the military, he'll have fewer regrets because I think it'll be difficult for him to win this ASL at his current level.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
September 29 2017 03:34 GMT
#2009
I feel like if Jaedong played Flash and won, he would have to win the ASL after that. It would be perfect for Jaedong to win this ASL before retirement. Don't think it's likely, but a man can dream!
When I think of something else, something will go here
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
September 29 2017 03:51 GMT
#2010
On September 29 2017 12:34 blade55555 wrote:
I feel like if Jaedong played Flash and won, he would have to win the ASL after that. It would be perfect for Jaedong to win this ASL before retirement. Don't think it's likely, but a man can dream!

I know, I want it too. It'll show that Flash is beatable on the big stage and it'll be like a final goodbye. Losing Jaedong will be big for the scene, that's for sure.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
jpg06051992
Profile Joined July 2015
United States580 Posts
October 04 2017 22:00 GMT
#2011
The Tyrant has been playing a level of Starcraft that is nigh unreachable save for probably 20 people or less, he is far too hard on himself, but I think that's part of why we all love Jaedong so much. Never making excuses, never blaming anyone but himself, always aware that he can train and improve.

Jaedong in my opinion need apologize to nobody, especially us fans, he has given us years and years and years of entertainment, I look forward to Jaedong retiring and entering the next phase of his life. I met him personally at a small local tournament in Southern CA, I got the amazing privilege of getting an autographed poster from JD/Taeja/Hyun AND getting a hug/handshake/pictures that have regrettably been lost to time at this point. Also was able to have a short conversation with JD, his English is shockingly good, a testament to his intelligence.
"SO MANY BANELINGS!"
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-04 22:43:56
October 04 2017 22:42 GMT
#2012
A sad article indeed that basically sums up what many of us have been aware of. I bet none of the current pros would expose themselves to this amount of training and emotional stress, I am sure none does. But Jaedong has always been like that, an exceptional personality. I have doubts him getting out of the group considering the opponents are Stork and Rain both looking pretty damn good against zerg at least on stream. And then there is Soulkey. I shall keep my hopes low because by some twisted course of events it often works for me.
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
October 04 2017 22:48 GMT
#2013
On September 29 2017 03:50 Lorch wrote:
Is there any way we can get in touch with him? If he misses his foreign fans, I think we should show him that we are still supporting him. Maybe a joined letter by the TL community?

I think we've sent him a postcard couple of years ago with hand drawn zerlings and stuff.
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-04 23:03:35
October 04 2017 23:02 GMT
#2014
"I forgot everything from the past. I didn't play with my head. I played with my hands, like a machine. To be honest, I forgot everything. Even now I'm not learning as fast as the others. I forgot the build orders. I forgot the maps. Thinking back, I wasn't that talented. I am an idiot. I played like an idiot, and just won through brute force. I'm a hopeless case. I need to start from scratch."

Oh man. There is so much pain in here. He has always been a mechanical player driven by the impulse and desire to win. I do feel his disappointment now when his physical state is not letting him do that and he sees this as his greatest weakness as a player. But he really deserves more than this.
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
October 04 2017 23:16 GMT
#2015
I just hope he can do well enought his ASL to not have any regrets and be in peace when he really stops playing bw "professionally". I just want him to be happy.
Though i have a feeling he would only be really happy with the first place. I would probably shed a tear or two if that actually happens though.
JD fighting!
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
sc-darkness
Profile Joined August 2017
856 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-04 23:18:01
October 04 2017 23:17 GMT
#2016
On October 05 2017 08:02 letian wrote:
"I forgot everything from the past. I didn't play with my head. I played with my hands, like a machine. To be honest, I forgot everything. Even now I'm not learning as fast as the others. I forgot the build orders. I forgot the maps. Thinking back, I wasn't that talented. I am an idiot. I played like an idiot, and just won through brute force. I'm a hopeless case. I need to start from scratch."

Oh man. There is so much pain in here. He has always been a mechanical player driven by the impulse and desire to win. I do feel his disappointment now when his physical state is not letting him do that and he sees this as his greatest weakness as a player. But he really deserves more than this.


Physical state? Dude, he's a young adult. Stop with bullshit.
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
October 04 2017 23:28 GMT
#2017
On October 05 2017 08:17 sc-darkness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2017 08:02 letian wrote:
"I forgot everything from the past. I didn't play with my head. I played with my hands, like a machine. To be honest, I forgot everything. Even now I'm not learning as fast as the others. I forgot the build orders. I forgot the maps. Thinking back, I wasn't that talented. I am an idiot. I played like an idiot, and just won through brute force. I'm a hopeless case. I need to start from scratch."

Oh man. There is so much pain in here. He has always been a mechanical player driven by the impulse and desire to win. I do feel his disappointment now when his physical state is not letting him do that and he sees this as his greatest weakness as a player. But he really deserves more than this.


Physical state? Dude, he's a young adult. Stop with bullshit.

You might want to reconsider your wording considering that he has serious issues with his hands
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
October 04 2017 23:28 GMT
#2018
On October 05 2017 08:17 sc-darkness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2017 08:02 letian wrote:
"I forgot everything from the past. I didn't play with my head. I played with my hands, like a machine. To be honest, I forgot everything. Even now I'm not learning as fast as the others. I forgot the build orders. I forgot the maps. Thinking back, I wasn't that talented. I am an idiot. I played like an idiot, and just won through brute force. I'm a hopeless case. I need to start from scratch."

Oh man. There is so much pain in here. He has always been a mechanical player driven by the impulse and desire to win. I do feel his disappointment now when his physical state is not letting him do that and he sees this as his greatest weakness as a player. But he really deserves more than this.


Physical state? Dude, he's a young adult. Stop with bullshit.


When he says physical state, pretty sure he's talking about Jaedongs wrist problems. His wrist problems is bad, his doctors recommend he quit gaming and he even has to put ice packs on while streaming. So it's not bullshit.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Shengster
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States167 Posts
October 04 2017 23:48 GMT
#2019
I hope Jaedong does well in this ASL, but for his health's sake I hope he retires after.
flyingrat
Profile Joined September 2017
43 Posts
October 09 2017 21:51 GMT
#2020
what is the word he says after he finishes a game?

sounds something like "sowasimida" but I'm sure I'm butchering the hell out of it
Prev 1 99 100 101 102 103 124 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Rogue
Classic vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 989
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings251
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
CosmosSc2 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45203
Shuttle 12242
FanTaSy 1441
Hyuk 974
BeSt 492
Horang2 484
EffOrt 253
Stork 221
Last 173
Zeus 145
[ Show more ]
Pusan 132
Soma 94
Mind 87
Killer 86
Hyun 73
ggaemo 67
sorry 67
hero 66
Sea.KH 53
Snow 49
PianO 45
Hm[arnc] 40
ToSsGirL 37
Bale 29
Aegong 26
zelot 19
JYJ 18
NaDa 15
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Noble 9
Dota 2
qojqva1178
Dendi1101
XcaliburYe337
Counter-Strike
fl0m2844
byalli1052
x6flipin319
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu517
Khaldor46
Other Games
gofns36362
B2W.Neo1146
Beastyqt205
Hui .159
Livibee157
ArmadaUGS99
Mew2King58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick708
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream61
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2235
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 4m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 4m
Replay Cast
10h 4m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 4m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 4m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.