• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:29
CEST 15:29
KST 22:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6896 users

Jaedong possibly retiring and coming back to BW? - Page 9

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-20 11:00:10
May 20 2016 10:53 GMT
#161
On May 20 2016 19:41 aQuaSC wrote:
As someone who didn't get to enjoy BW fully due to lack of access to internet until before SC2 release and currently enjoying SC2 I feel like a public enemy here. Talk about elitism...

As for Jaedong, best of luck to him in whatever direction he chooses. It'd be nice to hop on his BW stream if he decides to go into it.


On May 20 2016 19:47 SpiritOfChicago wrote:
I wonder why people are still stuck in the Broodwar era. Is it because of the good old times ~10 years ago that were full of hype for the game?

What is the reason in playing an outdated game that is inferior to it's evolution? Flash, Jaedong and other popular Korean BW streames must be.. lost. Now that their pro gaming careers are over they don't know what to do, so they go back to what they know best and where they feel most comfortable.



Don't worry dude I got you covered:
-But don't you know that BW graphics are old?
-Why don't people hop to the newer, ergo better game?
-BW people are elitist
-BW people are suffering from nostalgia
-Pros returning to BW just are too bad for the competition in SC2
-Broodwar is old and dead guys, why don't you play SC2?
-SC2 is more strategical compared to BW, which is all mechanics with no MBS. It's a strategy game in the end. Also look at the LOL people being so inferior with regards to mechanics/apm, haha noobs. Did I forget to mention that BW people are elitist?
-It's not that Blizzard tried to kill BW and forced Kespa to switch to SC2 in order to promote SC2. It would have been inevitable since SC2 is the newer game.
-BW streams getting 10 times more viewers than SC2? Oh it must be that all of the BW progamer streamers are using viewbots. In reality, Wintergaming has more actual viewers than Flash.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
aQuaSC
Profile Joined August 2011
717 Posts
May 20 2016 10:57 GMT
#162
On May 20 2016 19:47 SpiritOfChicago wrote:
I wonder why people are still stuck in the Broodwar era. Is it because of the good old times ~10 years ago that were full of hype for the game?

What is the reason in playing an outdated game that is inferior to it's evolution? Flash, Jaedong and other popular Korean BW streames must be.. lost. Now that their pro gaming careers are over they don't know what to do, so they go back to what they know best and where they feel most comfortable.

I wouldn't call it being 'stuck', I perfectly understand that people can prefer Brood War over StarCraft II for myriad of reasons, it can be anything from nostalgia to differences in mechanics between the two. I just don't get why it's so cool in being overly protective of something you like by throwing shit at the other thing.

I guess I can't into internet or I'm just oblivious to how fake of StarCraft fan I am.

And your last sentence surely has truth to it, it's no longer a job to them so they do whatever they feel comfortable in. And it's great. They can feel comfortable there for many reasons too. I'd even dare to think that it's possible that some of them (I don't really know old guard that well) are in it for money from streaming, didn't decide what to do with themselves since KeSPA switched to SC2 etc.
TL+ Member
A.Alm
Profile Joined September 2012
Sweden560 Posts
May 20 2016 11:01 GMT
#163
On May 20 2016 19:53 duke91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2016 19:41 aQuaSC wrote:
As someone who didn't get to enjoy BW fully due to lack of access to internet until before SC2 release and currently enjoying SC2 I feel like a public enemy here. Talk about elitism...

As for Jaedong, best of luck to him in whatever direction he chooses. It'd be nice to hop on his BW stream if he decides to go into it.


Show nested quote +
On May 20 2016 19:47 SpiritOfChicago wrote:
I wonder why people are still stuck in the Broodwar era. Is it because of the good old times ~10 years ago that were full of hype for the game?

What is the reason in playing an outdated game that is inferior to it's evolution? Flash, Jaedong and other popular Korean BW streames must be.. lost. Now that their pro gaming careers are over they don't know what to do, so they go back to what they know best and where they feel most comfortable.



Don't worry dude I got you covered:
-But don't you know that BW graphics are old?
-Why don't people hop to the newer, ergo better game?
-BW people are elitist
-BW people are suffering from nostalgia
-Pros returning to BW just are too bad for the competition in SC2
-Broodwar is old and dead guys, why don't you play SC2?
-SC2 is more strategical compared to BW, which is all mechanics with no MBS. It's a strategy game in the end. Also look at the LOL people being so inferior with regards to mechanics/apm, haha noobs. Did I forget to mention that BW people are elitist?
-It's not that Blizzard tried to kill BW and forced Kespa to switch to SC2 in order to promote SC2. It would have been inevitable since SC2 is the newer game.
-BW streams getting 10 times more viewers than SC2? Oh it must be that all of the BW progamer streamers are using viewbots. In reality, Wintergaming has more actual viewers than Flash.


I can bet all my money you havent played brood war enough to make any comments.
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-20 11:06:19
May 20 2016 11:04 GMT
#164
On May 20 2016 20:01 A.Alm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2016 19:53 duke91 wrote:
On May 20 2016 19:41 aQuaSC wrote:
As someone who didn't get to enjoy BW fully due to lack of access to internet until before SC2 release and currently enjoying SC2 I feel like a public enemy here. Talk about elitism...

As for Jaedong, best of luck to him in whatever direction he chooses. It'd be nice to hop on his BW stream if he decides to go into it.


On May 20 2016 19:47 SpiritOfChicago wrote:
I wonder why people are still stuck in the Broodwar era. Is it because of the good old times ~10 years ago that were full of hype for the game?

What is the reason in playing an outdated game that is inferior to it's evolution? Flash, Jaedong and other popular Korean BW streames must be.. lost. Now that their pro gaming careers are over they don't know what to do, so they go back to what they know best and where they feel most comfortable.



Don't worry dude I got you covered:
-But don't you know that BW graphics are old?
-Why don't people hop to the newer, ergo better game?
-BW people are elitist
-BW people are suffering from nostalgia
-Pros returning to BW just are too bad for the competition in SC2
-Broodwar is old and dead guys, why don't you play SC2?
-SC2 is more strategical compared to BW, which is all mechanics with no MBS. It's a strategy game in the end. Also look at the LOL people being so inferior with regards to mechanics/apm, haha noobs. Did I forget to mention that BW people are elitist?
-It's not that Blizzard tried to kill BW and forced Kespa to switch to SC2 in order to promote SC2. It would have been inevitable since SC2 is the newer game.
-BW streams getting 10 times more viewers than SC2? Oh it must be that all of the BW progamer streamers are using viewbots. In reality, Wintergaming has more actual viewers than Flash.


I can bet all my money you havent played brood war enough to make any comments.


I have enough Brood war experience. I once played the BW campaign mod for SC2!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
May 20 2016 11:14 GMT
#165
On May 20 2016 19:47 SpiritOfChicago wrote:
I wonder why people are still stuck in the Broodwar era. Is it because of the good old times ~10 years ago that were full of hype for the game?

What is the reason in playing an outdated game that is inferior to it's evolution? Flash, Jaedong and other popular Korean BW streames must be.. lost. Now that their pro gaming careers are over they don't know what to do, so they go back to what they know best and where they feel most comfortable.


how is BW the inferior game?

you say it with such conviction, please prove to us how its inferior, show us the light!
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
aQuaSC
Profile Joined August 2011
717 Posts
May 20 2016 11:15 GMT
#166
On May 20 2016 20:04 duke91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2016 20:01 A.Alm wrote:
On May 20 2016 19:53 duke91 wrote:
On May 20 2016 19:41 aQuaSC wrote:
As someone who didn't get to enjoy BW fully due to lack of access to internet until before SC2 release and currently enjoying SC2 I feel like a public enemy here. Talk about elitism...

As for Jaedong, best of luck to him in whatever direction he chooses. It'd be nice to hop on his BW stream if he decides to go into it.


On May 20 2016 19:47 SpiritOfChicago wrote:
I wonder why people are still stuck in the Broodwar era. Is it because of the good old times ~10 years ago that were full of hype for the game?

What is the reason in playing an outdated game that is inferior to it's evolution? Flash, Jaedong and other popular Korean BW streames must be.. lost. Now that their pro gaming careers are over they don't know what to do, so they go back to what they know best and where they feel most comfortable.



Don't worry dude I got you covered:
-But don't you know that BW graphics are old?
-Why don't people hop to the newer, ergo better game?
-BW people are elitist
-BW people are suffering from nostalgia
-Pros returning to BW just are too bad for the competition in SC2
-Broodwar is old and dead guys, why don't you play SC2?
-SC2 is more strategical compared to BW, which is all mechanics with no MBS. It's a strategy game in the end. Also look at the LOL people being so inferior with regards to mechanics/apm, haha noobs. Did I forget to mention that BW people are elitist?
-It's not that Blizzard tried to kill BW and forced Kespa to switch to SC2 in order to promote SC2. It would have been inevitable since SC2 is the newer game.
-BW streams getting 10 times more viewers than SC2? Oh it must be that all of the BW progamer streamers are using viewbots. In reality, Wintergaming has more actual viewers than Flash.


I can bet all my money you havent played brood war enough to make any comments.


I have enough Brood war experience. I once played the BW campaign mod for SC2!

Quickly browsing through your post history I believe you. You are the impersonation of true StarCraft (no SC2).

I'm surprised you were able to run SC2 though, is it playable in 640x480?

PS. I don't hate Brood War.
TL+ Member
kogeT
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland2042 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-20 11:19:45
May 20 2016 11:19 GMT
#167
Asking all these stupid questions about brood war is like asking why people still play this old, boring game of chess.
https://www.twitch.tv/kogetbw
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
May 20 2016 11:27 GMT
#168
Can everyone stfu already about SC2 vs BW? The whole thread was moved here to focus the discussion on Jaedong and possible stream and Afreeca not on the retarded SC2 vs BW.

You like SC2? Fine go play SC2.

You like BW? Fine go BW.

JUST STFU ALREADY!
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11821 Posts
May 20 2016 11:28 GMT
#169
On May 20 2016 19:47 SpiritOfChicago wrote:
I wonder why people are still stuck in the Broodwar era. Is it because of the good old times ~10 years ago that were full of hype for the game?

- I'm stuck in the Brood War era? yes
- Good old times 10 years ago? No, that's too long. Take away 10 years from that and you have the true date.
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
May 20 2016 11:29 GMT
#170
On May 20 2016 20:19 kogeT wrote:
Asking all these stupid questions about brood war is like asking why people still play this old, boring game of chess.


I too prefer the prequel trilogy Star Wars to the original trilogy Star Wars. They added super cool characters like Jar-Jar and Anakin. Also the special effects are much better. I wonder why people are so nostalgic about the original trilogy while you have to suffer from the outdated special effects.

Oh btw I never watched the original trilogy till the end, just the first 10 minutes. It already convinced me that you old geezers are just suffering from nostalgia. Go with the future old men!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
May 20 2016 11:30 GMT
#171
Knock it off duke, you've made your point.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
RoomOfMush
Profile Joined March 2015
1296 Posts
May 20 2016 11:40 GMT
#172
I must admit that I only really started watching BW when HotS was in beta. WoL was an okay game and I enjoyed watching it most of the time. But with SC2 its a few good matches in a sea of shitty ones. With BW its good games all the times. When I watch commentary of BW pro matches every single match is just great fun. I dont have that same feeling when watching SC2. And I really tried to like SC2 back then.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
May 20 2016 12:04 GMT
#173
On May 20 2016 20:15 aQuaSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2016 20:04 duke91 wrote:
On May 20 2016 20:01 A.Alm wrote:
On May 20 2016 19:53 duke91 wrote:
On May 20 2016 19:41 aQuaSC wrote:
As someone who didn't get to enjoy BW fully due to lack of access to internet until before SC2 release and currently enjoying SC2 I feel like a public enemy here. Talk about elitism...

As for Jaedong, best of luck to him in whatever direction he chooses. It'd be nice to hop on his BW stream if he decides to go into it.


On May 20 2016 19:47 SpiritOfChicago wrote:
I wonder why people are still stuck in the Broodwar era. Is it because of the good old times ~10 years ago that were full of hype for the game?

What is the reason in playing an outdated game that is inferior to it's evolution? Flash, Jaedong and other popular Korean BW streames must be.. lost. Now that their pro gaming careers are over they don't know what to do, so they go back to what they know best and where they feel most comfortable.



Don't worry dude I got you covered:
-But don't you know that BW graphics are old?
-Why don't people hop to the newer, ergo better game?
-BW people are elitist
-BW people are suffering from nostalgia
-Pros returning to BW just are too bad for the competition in SC2
-Broodwar is old and dead guys, why don't you play SC2?
-SC2 is more strategical compared to BW, which is all mechanics with no MBS. It's a strategy game in the end. Also look at the LOL people being so inferior with regards to mechanics/apm, haha noobs. Did I forget to mention that BW people are elitist?
-It's not that Blizzard tried to kill BW and forced Kespa to switch to SC2 in order to promote SC2. It would have been inevitable since SC2 is the newer game.
-BW streams getting 10 times more viewers than SC2? Oh it must be that all of the BW progamer streamers are using viewbots. In reality, Wintergaming has more actual viewers than Flash.


I can bet all my money you havent played brood war enough to make any comments.


I have enough Brood war experience. I once played the BW campaign mod for SC2!

Quickly browsing through your post history I believe you. You are the impersonation of true StarCraft (no SC2).

I'm surprised you were able to run SC2 though, is it playable in 640x480?

PS. I don't hate Brood War.

you don't seem to have much of an opinion of BW either, would you be interested in trying out the game when shieldbattery goes public, if nothing else it would be an interesting experience.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
May 20 2016 12:07 GMT
#174
On May 20 2016 21:04 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2016 20:15 aQuaSC wrote:
On May 20 2016 20:04 duke91 wrote:
On May 20 2016 20:01 A.Alm wrote:
On May 20 2016 19:53 duke91 wrote:
On May 20 2016 19:41 aQuaSC wrote:
As someone who didn't get to enjoy BW fully due to lack of access to internet until before SC2 release and currently enjoying SC2 I feel like a public enemy here. Talk about elitism...

As for Jaedong, best of luck to him in whatever direction he chooses. It'd be nice to hop on his BW stream if he decides to go into it.


On May 20 2016 19:47 SpiritOfChicago wrote:
I wonder why people are still stuck in the Broodwar era. Is it because of the good old times ~10 years ago that were full of hype for the game?

What is the reason in playing an outdated game that is inferior to it's evolution? Flash, Jaedong and other popular Korean BW streames must be.. lost. Now that their pro gaming careers are over they don't know what to do, so they go back to what they know best and where they feel most comfortable.



Don't worry dude I got you covered:
-But don't you know that BW graphics are old?
-Why don't people hop to the newer, ergo better game?
-BW people are elitist
-BW people are suffering from nostalgia
-Pros returning to BW just are too bad for the competition in SC2
-Broodwar is old and dead guys, why don't you play SC2?
-SC2 is more strategical compared to BW, which is all mechanics with no MBS. It's a strategy game in the end. Also look at the LOL people being so inferior with regards to mechanics/apm, haha noobs. Did I forget to mention that BW people are elitist?
-It's not that Blizzard tried to kill BW and forced Kespa to switch to SC2 in order to promote SC2. It would have been inevitable since SC2 is the newer game.
-BW streams getting 10 times more viewers than SC2? Oh it must be that all of the BW progamer streamers are using viewbots. In reality, Wintergaming has more actual viewers than Flash.


I can bet all my money you havent played brood war enough to make any comments.


I have enough Brood war experience. I once played the BW campaign mod for SC2!

Quickly browsing through your post history I believe you. You are the impersonation of true StarCraft (no SC2).

I'm surprised you were able to run SC2 though, is it playable in 640x480?

PS. I don't hate Brood War.

you don't seem to have much of an opinion of BW either, would you be interested in trying out the game when shieldbattery goes public, if nothing else it would be an interesting experience.


I haven't played BW in.. god only knows how long, but if that shield battery gets up and running i'm gonna give it a go again for sure.
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
May 20 2016 13:37 GMT
#175
Well, finally, god damn it.
Now, my dream is fulfilled!
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
May 20 2016 13:52 GMT
#176
Anyone who posts Sc2 vs BW arguments from here on out will have their text replaced with images of Jaedong w/ Bisu.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
May 20 2016 14:19 GMT
#177
On May 20 2016 19:47 SpiritOfChicago wrote:
I wonder why people are still stuck in the Broodwar era. Is it because of the good old times ~10 years ago that were full of hype for the game?

What is the reason in playing an outdated game that is inferior to it's evolution? Flash, Jaedong and other popular Korean BW streames must be.. lost. Now that their pro gaming careers are over they don't know what to do, so they go back to what they know best and where they feel most comfortable.

User was temp banned for this post.


Oh you. Perhaps there are a number of people who realize BW being more enjoyable to them seeing as a good number had the pleasure of experiencing both.

It's not like a few pro's spoke candidly about preferring the original to the sequel.
kogeT
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland2042 Posts
May 20 2016 14:21 GMT
#178
On May 20 2016 20:29 duke91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2016 20:19 kogeT wrote:
Asking all these stupid questions about brood war is like asking why people still play this old, boring game of chess.


I too prefer the prequel trilogy Star Wars to the original trilogy Star Wars. They added super cool characters like Jar-Jar and Anakin. Also the special effects are much better. I wonder why people are so nostalgic about the original trilogy while you have to suffer from the outdated special effects.

Oh btw I never watched the original trilogy till the end, just the first 10 minutes. It already convinced me that you old geezers are just suffering from nostalgia. Go with the future old men!


Well from that post I must say that you're just a troll.
https://www.twitch.tv/kogetbw
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
May 20 2016 14:37 GMT
#179
YAY! Welcome back JD!

[image loading]
B-royal
Profile Joined May 2015
Belgium1330 Posts
May 20 2016 15:55 GMT
#180
I should be one of the poster children for the BW vs SC2 argument. I played Sc2 first, never even touched brood war besides maybe 5 games with my brother when I was 8-10 years old (all he did was make bunkers, tech to battlecruisers and beat my stupid ass lmao).

I'm now 23 years old and even though I was an enormous fan of wc3 the frozen throne, which was literally my childhood, playing it almost every single day for hours on end, I can't help but admit that brood war is the better designed game.

I graduated from high school and during the summer of 2010, Sc2 was released. I had been looking forward to this game for maybe two years, ever since I read about its development in a local gaming magazine. I was still fervently playing wc3 back then, but my competitive spark was slowly dying out. I partially attribute it to the new meta developments in wc3 with night elf making only druids of the talon and human constantly doing tower rushes with sorceres (I was an orc player).

During the summer before college, I started massively playing Sc2. I got to diamond in a matter of a week (which was the highest rank at the time, masters and grandmasters didn't even exist as far as I recall). The game was quite fun although it did suffer from some obvious balancing issues (mass reapers, 70 damage tanks on lost temple,...) at the time. After playing for 2 months however, I was getting insanely frustrated with the state of the game and with certain aspects of the game. I disliked forcefields and warp-ins and I intensely hated colossi. I also stopped watching professional Sc2 as I found them to bore me because almost all games followed the same pattern. One big army clashing with another. The only good match up was ZvT, which was still exciting. Then someone introduced me to professional brood war. I started watching some vods and I was hooked.

When I enrolled in college, I tried brood war, but I couldn't host any games. I knew that I also wouldn't be able to host games for wc3 so I switched to a MOBA called heroes of newerth (I didn't want to play wc3 on a cheap laptop anyway). I played this game for about 3-4 years until the workload became too much in the form of papers and eventually my thesis.

Then august last year after my graduation, I picked up brood war again. I must admit that it was a huge struggle to STICK with the game. There were crashes, different launchers, not being able to host any games, a complete dearth of games on iccup, lots of hassles with trying to play on Fish and so on... Eventually I figured out to host, which has made my life A LOT easier.

What about the game itself? At first there were definitely some huge frustrations, it took me quite a lot of games until I could at least get a 50% win rate at the D/D+ level. I lost to a lot of protoss shenanigans, I lost a lot to the inexorable terran powertrain that are marine/medic/tanks. But as I started to get at least familiar with how the game flows and got a feel for the way units behave, I started falling in love with it. Brood war is the MOST intense game I've ever played, it's got INSANELY cool fights and units and I honestly even ADORE the graphics (Sure they could be of higher quality, but I like the dark atmosphere and the eerie units and voices, honestly I still get scared by the zealot attack sound haha).
And one of the best things about this game is that it's probably the best balanced game out there.

new BW-player (~E rank fish) twitch.tv/crispydrone || What plays 500 games a season but can't get better? => http://imgur.com/a/pLzf9 <= ||
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1036
RotterdaM561
TKL 221
SteadfastSC206
Rex114
CosmosSc2 27
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 561
ByuN 298
TKL 221
SteadfastSC 206
Rex 114
CosmosSc2 27
Codebar 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41732
Shuttle 2464
Jaedong 1184
Horang2 832
Soulkey 500
Mini 423
Stork 359
EffOrt 359
Larva 275
Soma 251
[ Show more ]
BeSt 235
actioN 227
ZerO 196
Rush 196
Snow 173
Mong 146
Last 144
firebathero 141
Zeus 92
910 81
Mind 75
Free 74
Hyun 66
hero 48
PianO 42
sorry 41
Sharp 39
JYJ 37
Shinee 36
Pusan 35
Shine 33
Bale 29
ToSsGirL 24
Hm[arnc] 23
Sexy 23
Aegong 20
HiyA 18
Terrorterran 13
scan(afreeca) 10
Rock 9
Sacsri 8
Noble 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4423
Dendi1276
canceldota81
Counter-Strike
fl0m1386
Fnx 90
edward44
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King136
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes577
Lowko338
Other Games
gofns83800
singsing2357
olofmeister999
B2W.Neo313
hiko299
DeMusliM218
Livibee179
Pyrionflax163
Liquid`VortiX98
QueenE64
Trikslyr63
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1403
Other Games
BasetradeTV195
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH150
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1806
• Jankos1547
• TFBlade392
Other Games
• Shiphtur662
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 31m
The PondCast
20h 31m
INu's Battles
21h 31m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.