• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:29
CEST 05:29
KST 12:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9873 users

BW General Discussion - Page 98

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 522 Next
Dromar
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States2145 Posts
January 21 2015 05:59 GMT
#1941
On January 21 2015 08:19 HaRuHi wrote:
So since Amarant1995 hasn't followed the mods advice I'd like to do so on his behalf, because he got me curious, his original post:

Show nested quote +
Hello TL, Im looking for picture or meme of savior where he loses his match ,starts crying but is feeling good because of his golden watch? If someone knows the link of the picture please post it here


The original Thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/closed-threads/475864-savior-picture-meme

I am still looking for that picture, and the longer I keep looking, the better I imagine it in my mind, so please help me find it fast, otherwise my expectations will be too high to not get crushed.

Also, F*CK YEAH MIND, finally!


I know what you're talking about, but I don't have it myself.

That did remind me of something I'm looking for though, that's somewhat similar: back in the day, there popped up a gif or pic or whatever that involved a bunch of brood war pros rhyming and dissing "casuals" or "casual gamers." I thought it was pretty hilarious. If anyone knows of this or has that image, I would be very thankful to see it again.
GeckoXp
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Germany2016 Posts
January 23 2015 20:59 GMT
#1942
feature flisk's stream.
Probemicro
Profile Joined February 2014
3708 Posts
January 24 2015 08:34 GMT
#1943
[image loading]

top control
pum
Profile Joined March 2004
Sweden306 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-25 14:56:47
January 24 2015 10:21 GMT
#1944
Just found out Bisu has made his own youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh1gT2VrL-DXJup7HTx8BGw/featured

Let's support him, let's subscribe!!!
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
January 24 2015 13:01 GMT
#1945
On January 24 2015 19:21 pum wrote:
Just found out Bisu has made his own youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh1gT2VrL-DXJup7HTx8BGw/featured

Let's support him, let's subscribe!!!

Done. :D
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-30 03:55:56
January 24 2015 17:23 GMT
#1946
On January 24 2015 17:34 Probemicro wrote:
[img]http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/mw690/9ea01a43jw1eojjmy6qavg20go0ciheb.gif[/img>

top control


Wow shit they've discovered sth after 17 years
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-02-01 01:24:10
January 24 2015 18:46 GMT
#1947
On January 25 2015 02:23 duke91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2015 17:34 Probemicro wrote:
[img]http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/mw690/9ea01a43jw1eojjmy6qavg20go0ciheb.gif[/img>

top control


Wow shit they've discovered sth after 17 years

It's nothing new though. If you pick up the reaver before the shot hits it, it doesn't register. What's more impressive is how fast he managed to pick it up after the tank fired.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
January 24 2015 19:08 GMT
#1948
Well I main Z and I've never seen this before... happens when you never watch/play PvT
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
chrisolo
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany2611 Posts
January 24 2015 19:19 GMT
#1949
Well this was featured in one of the earliest Pimpest Plays, where a DT was dropped onto mines and then picked up. The mines blew up the vultures, but not the DT. If I recall correctly it was the 02/03 edition. So speaking from something new cannot be the case.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - aka cReAtiVee
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
January 24 2015 20:04 GMT
#1950
It's not the same. I think that blowing up mines without losing health is easier because you don't need to pick up immediately. I always thought that tanks instashot like marines so you can't dodge it.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Kau *
Profile Joined March 2007
Canada3502 Posts
January 25 2015 05:23 GMT
#1951
Ya the timing for avoiding the mine seems a lot looser. I didn't even know there was a timing for tank shots.
Moderator
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
January 25 2015 07:53 GMT
#1952
Yay, Sc2GGRise is back! Totally missed his return. :D
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
shizzz
Profile Joined May 2012
Australia127 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-26 10:48:58
January 26 2015 10:48 GMT
#1953
On January 25 2015 05:04 duke91 wrote:
It's not the same. I think that blowing up mines without losing health is easier because you don't need to pick up immediately. I always thought that tanks instashot like marines so you can't dodge it.


You still need to pick up the dt at just the right time in between them unburrowing, and blowing up.

Nonetheless though, using a shuttle etc to avoid damage is a pretty old concept. I still feel sorry for boxers opponents when he was at his peak.
prech
Profile Joined March 2014
United States2948 Posts
January 27 2015 03:01 GMT
#1954
On January 02 2015 19:34 ZeroChrome wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2015 05:38 SnowFantasy wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
To add on to what fearthequeen wrote and maybe provide a little more information:

I'm not Korean and my Korean language abilities are pretty garbage so I almost definitely misunderstood some of the finer details with their ladder changes when I was mentioning it this morning but I think I have it now . Here is the news post on the fish website where the details are outlined: https://www.fishbattle.net/notice/16928493#0 so maybe someone else can clarify whats up.

Few things: Looks like as mentioned they require 30 melee wins (not just games but actual wins) but they also upped the amount of time you had to be on the server from 24 hours to 48 hours.

It also turns out that playing a ladder game will also alter your melee stats. and as fearthequeen said you need to stay above 30 Melee wins to be able to play ladder games. Basically, if you win a game you earn 1 melee and if you are defeated you lose 1 melee win. However If you are playing against higher or lower ranked players though then the amount of wins you gain or lose is changed as follows:

1 Rank Difference where the higher ranked player wins: The winner gets +1 win and loser gets -1 win
1 Rank Difference where the lower ranked player wins: The winner gets +2 wins and the loser gets -3 wins.
2 Rank Difference (or more(?)) where the higher ranked player wins: The winner gets +0 wins and the loser gets -2 wins
2 Rank Difference (or more(?)) where the lower ranked player wins: The winner gets +3 wins and the loser gets -4 wins

Clarifying the ladder streaks a little more:
You'll now get bonuses or additional penalties for going on win or loss streaks as follows:
1 win/loss: nothing special
2 wins/losses: You get 1 extra melee win and 10 ladder points for a win. You lose 1 extra melee win and 10 points for a loss.
3 wins/losses: You get 2 extra melee wins and 15 ladder points for a win. You lose 2 extra melee wins and -13 points for a loss
4 wins/losses: You get 3 extra melee wins and 20 points for a win. You lose 3 extra melee wins and -13 for a loss.
5 wins/losses: You get 5 extra melee wins and 30 points for a win. You lose 4 extra melee wins and -20 points for a loss.
The win streak bonuses stop getting increased after 5 but loss streaks continue like this:
6 losses: You lose 5 extra melee wins and -30 points for a loss.
7 losses: -6 melee wins and -40 points.
8 losses: -7 melee wins and -50 points
9+ losses: -7 melee wins and -50 points.

Things are slightly different for their 2v2 ladder but I figure not many people play that so I'm not going to bother translating it for now. If anyone is curious I'll give it a go.

Once again, I'm pretty sure my understanding is correct but i'm basically using educated guesses so meh lol :D


I read the original post and I'm pretty sure everything in this post is correct, though I'm not great at Korean either. Only part I didn't understand was this:

F 1 ~ 1299

E 1300 ~ 1899

D 1900 ~ 2599

C 2600 ~ 3099

B 3100 ~ 3799

A 3800 이상 유저중 상위 5%

S 3800 이상 유저중 상위 1%

Does this mean that if, say, the top 6% of users were all above 3800 that those outside the top 5% would remain at B rank?


Looks like this new rating system is enabling some extreme points inflation... (P)Bisu has opened a massive lead on the (Wiki)Fish Server:

https://www.fishbattle.net/index.php?mid=rank_ladder
[image loading]
Liquipedia
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11813 Posts
January 27 2015 11:15 GMT
#1955
The last time I looked at a stream, Bisu was still D while guys like JangBi and PianO were B. wow.

In other news, Mind took a tumble in the ELO ranking.
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
LastName
Profile Blog Joined January 2015
Korea (South)4 Posts
January 27 2015 12:52 GMT
#1956
StarCraft 1 Fish Server
Lank, S

ID: Last[Name]
Race: ProToss

go bottom page

http://www.twitch.tv/LastNameS2
StarCrafT Fish Server Last[Name]
JohnBall
Profile Joined December 2008
Brazil1272 Posts
January 27 2015 18:41 GMT
#1957
Hey, I've played this game for years but I stopped about two years ago and now I'm considering going back to play some more.

What has changed since 2013?
perfecting the art of five pool forever
JohnBall
Profile Joined December 2008
Brazil1272 Posts
January 27 2015 22:27 GMT
#1958
Having trouble connecting to iccup. I'm using the new launcher that people are talking about (mcaLauncher) but I still can't manage to connect to the server. Guess I'm not coming back to bw after all.
perfecting the art of five pool forever
pheer
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
5403 Posts
January 27 2015 22:39 GMT
#1959
On January 28 2015 07:27 JohnBall wrote:
Having trouble connecting to iccup. I'm using the new launcher that people are talking about (mcaLauncher) but I still can't manage to connect to the server. Guess I'm not coming back to bw after all.

Try the iccup launcher to give it another shot: http://iccup.com/en/files.html
Moderator
JohnBall
Profile Joined December 2008
Brazil1272 Posts
January 27 2015 23:01 GMT
#1960
On January 28 2015 07:39 pheer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2015 07:27 JohnBall wrote:
Having trouble connecting to iccup. I'm using the new launcher that people are talking about (mcaLauncher) but I still can't manage to connect to the server. Guess I'm not coming back to bw after all.

Try the iccup launcher to give it another shot: http://iccup.com/en/files.html


Thank you but I have already tried that. Didn't work. Just tried it again and it was still stuck on "connecting to fastest server".
perfecting the art of five pool forever
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 522 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 188
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1911
GuemChi 1420
NotJumperer 154
910 73
Bale 27
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Terrorterran 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
febbydoto13
Counter-Strike
taco 458
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g7656
Doublelift1884
JimRising 612
C9.Mang0322
PiGStarcraft291
WinterStarcraft257
Maynarde119
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick992
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo691
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 31m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
7h 31m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
20h 31m
Patches Events
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.