• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:42
CEST 23:42
KST 06:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6794 users

Jangbi retires - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
937 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 45 46 47 Next All
ReignSupreme.
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Australia4123 Posts
August 29 2013 05:42 GMT
#81
damn, suprising
bduddy
Profile Joined May 2012
United States1326 Posts
August 29 2013 05:42 GMT
#82
There are too many SC2 players in the scene overall, too many mediocre SC2 players are getting paid big bucks based on BW talent, and SC2 in Korea is contracting overall... Sad, but this is pretty inevitable. And no matter what SC2 is, it's not at all a surprise that some players who enjoyed BW won't enjoy SC2 as much...
>Liquid'Nazgul: Of course you are completely right
jormal1ty
Profile Joined November 2011
Finland72 Posts
August 29 2013 05:43 GMT
#83
Now we have another serious challenger for killer in ssl.
stream warrior
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
August 29 2013 05:43 GMT
#84
I think we are approaching the day when all the BW big names retire.

Jangbi

Jaehoon

Best

and some other big names will be among the list. Flash, Jaedong, Bisu, Fantasy, etc.
Perguvious
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1783 Posts
August 29 2013 05:43 GMT
#85
best of luck jangbi
myminerals
Profile Joined August 2013
560 Posts
August 29 2013 05:43 GMT
#86
I think this thread is worth SC2 section, dunno why it got here in the first place.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-29 05:44:12
August 29 2013 05:43 GMT
#87
DANG IT! JANG BANG!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Does this mean he won't participate in SSL?
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
itsdaniel
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Austria335 Posts
August 29 2013 05:44 GMT
#88
i will miss him so much this is going to be a horrible day for me

[image loading]

bye!!! T___T

OFFICIAL #1 STORK FAN // Stork:"This past week, there's a foreign fan named Daniel who got caught on the camera a few times. He came from Vienna in Austria to come and see me, and he wanted to be mentioned in one of my interviews."
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
August 29 2013 05:44 GMT
#89
On August 29 2013 14:43 myminerals wrote:
I think this thread is worth SC2 section, dunno why it got here in the first place.


Because the OP posts here...
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 29 2013 05:44 GMT
#90
On August 29 2013 14:42 myminerals wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:38 Malphite wrote:
I'm crying... I stopped playing this game in Dec (after playing BW from 1998 all the way to 2008... than sc2 til Dec).... but i'm sad my favorite game all time is dying.

I mean when the best BW player at the end retires less than a year in SC2.... somethings wrong. He was the best player in BW at the end. I'm actually sad, I've always thought he would be the first BW pro to do big things in SC2. It's a shame, as much as I think League is the new Esports king, I love watching SC2. I watch more SC 2 than LoL and i strictly only play League.

If flash/Jaedong retires.. I don't know how i'd feel.

don't, Flash and JD are earning too much money to forfeit their spots. But looks like the tendency of retirements is only getting stronger while ppl continue lying about SC2 future. If you ask me, I'd say that I have doubts not because pros retiring, but because all my friends stopped playing SC2 and switched to different games.

even though my friends and I got HoTS, I don't see them much online and while wm were an interesting addition, it didn't feel like the game changed enough to maintain my interest. I do agree though. SCII future looks bleak.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
August 29 2013 05:44 GMT
#91
On August 29 2013 14:43 larse wrote:
I think we are approaching the day when all the BW big names retire.

Jangbi

Jaehoon

Best

and some other big names will be among the list. Flash, Jaedong, Bisu, Fantasy, etc.

Most likely Stork, possibly Bisu and Fantasy. If Flash doesn't get results soon, I think he might go as well. For some reason though I think JD will stay for a while.
myminerals
Profile Joined August 2013
560 Posts
August 29 2013 05:46 GMT
#92
On August 29 2013 14:43 larse wrote:
I think we are approaching the day when all the BW big names retire.

Jangbi

Jaehoon

Best

and some other big names will be among the list. Flash, Jaedong, Bisu, Fantasy, etc.

I wonder why Bisu didn't, it doesn't look like he's doing well anyway.
So here is my try Stork, Bisu, Effort, Roro
Dubzex
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6994 Posts
August 29 2013 05:46 GMT
#93
Well I hope he streams broodwar and plays in ssl. All of these old bw pros are dropping like flies out of sc2.
"DONT UNDERESTIMATE MY CARRY OR YOU WILL BE CARRIED INTO THE ABYSS OF SUFFERING" - Tyler 'TC' Cook
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
August 29 2013 05:46 GMT
#94
On August 29 2013 14:44 larse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:43 myminerals wrote:
I think this thread is worth SC2 section, dunno why it got here in the first place.


Because the OP posts here...

it was originally in the sc2 section but someone moved it
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
August 29 2013 05:46 GMT
#95
Unexpected and sad
Incanus
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada695 Posts
August 29 2013 05:46 GMT
#96
Wow, that sucks. JangBi and BeSt were both doing very well, unlike a lot of other former BW pros!
Flash: "Why am I so good?" *sob sob*
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 29 2013 05:46 GMT
#97
On August 29 2013 14:44 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2013 14:43 larse wrote:
I think we are approaching the day when all the BW big names retire.

Jangbi

Jaehoon

Best

and some other big names will be among the list. Flash, Jaedong, Bisu, Fantasy, etc.

Most likely Stork, possibly Bisu and Fantasy. If Flash doesn't get results soon, I think he might go as well. For some reason though I think JD will stay for a while.

agree. Stork, Bisu and Fantasy are doing horribly in SCII(Bisu best from all three). I doubt Jaedong will go but I think Flash will stay a while as well. He streamed couple of hours back on twitch. Looked tired or something but man, guy is like a robot. He went from game to game to game ><
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
August 29 2013 05:46 GMT
#98
Wolllly balls wtfffff

;; he was a contender for one of the best sc2 Protoss these days
jjakji fan
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
August 29 2013 05:47 GMT
#99
JD won't retire. He has got that competitive fire that won't die until he wins something.

For some reason, retirees are mostly protoss
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Cheeselicker
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom78 Posts
August 29 2013 05:47 GMT
#100
Starcraft 2 claims another victim.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 45 46 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub265
Nina 138
NeuroSwarm 115
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14084
NaDa 21
Bale 14
Dota 2
febbydoto27
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu682
Other Games
Grubby3682
summit1g3454
Liquid`RaSZi1967
shahzam576
WinterStarcraft408
ToD296
C9.Mang0274
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1110
Other Games
• imaqtpie990
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 18m
INu's Battles
13h 18m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
15h 18m
OSC
1d
Replay Cast
1d 1h
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.